• imageLabels 4

Now supports keyframes! Labels takes full control over label colors - set label colors and select label groups with a single button click. Works with keyframes, layers, and project panel items.

https://aescripts.com/labels/

• Why no fixed swatch size in v.4? I liked my custom squares :(
  • Because you can scale down the panel to any size, so swatches would fill the available space. Having fixed size swatches felt redundant, that's why it got removed.
  • Hi there & thank you for new version! 

I can select same-colored keyframes in the layer, but not in the whole composition. Am I doing someting wrong? Or if not, could you incorporate that function?

Thanks!
  • Hey Christian. To select all the keyframes in the composition you'll first need to select all the layers, because Keyframe Label Group selection works only on selected layers. This decision was made deliberately, because otherwise script would select keyframes you're not aware of. Imagine you have a composition with lots of layers that have keyframes. If the script would select all the keyframes (including non-selected layers), it would also select keyframes that are not visible for you. And if you were to remove those selected keyframes, you wouldn't be aware that script also removed keyframes that are not in your eye-sight.

Unfortunately, the option to select "only visible keyframes" is not available in the scripting API. Therefore the decision, that does less damage, was chosen.

Hi there & thank you for new version! 

I can select same-colored keyframes in the layer, but not in the whole composition. Am I doing someting wrong? Or if not, could you incorporate that function?

Thanks!

• Because you can scale down the panel to any size, so swatches would fill the available space. Having fixed size swatches felt redundant, that's why it got removed.
    Sure, but AE's panels can be a bit wonky at times and If you change your workspaces a lot (which I do) they can go all over the place. Also if you've got few colors and want the panel to be, say, vertical, you end up with a big blocks of color (and need to go further down with your mouse to click it). I guess you can cope with that adding another panel below, but that's where the general wonkyness of AE's panels can mess it up. Anyways, I liked the feature. Love Labels overall, great time saver. Thanks!

why I can't use [Target keyframes]?
  • Keyframe Label Colors were introduced in AE v22.6, so older AE versions do not support this feature therefore this option is disabled. Please update AE to have an option to change Keyframe Label Colors.
  • Hi there. 

Thanks for the update. Really looking forward to trying the labeled keyframes. I just can't get it to work though. I'm on Windows 10 and I have cumstomize the "target keyframes" to be my "ctrl" button.

I have googled too but cant find any help on how to label keyframes. Hope you can help out :)
  • Hello, Christian.
    To target keyframes hold down the CMD (on Mac) or CTRL (on Windows) and click a swatch button.

Hi there. 

Thanks for the update. Really looking forward to trying the labeled keyframes. I just can't get it to work though. I'm on Windows 10 and I have cumstomize the "target keyframes" to be my "ctrl" button.

I have googled too but cant find any help on how to label keyframes. Hope you can help out :)

• Hey could labels have this function implemented, like when we click label color with shift it selects all the layer for that color, I want to select only layers at which are at the current time indicator(one have to trim the layer in order to best this function).

This could be done with the shortcut like shift+ctrl or maybe with alt.

Reason why this is important as I usually have lots of layers in my projects and if I shift click it selects all the layer kind of defeating the purpose and I have to select things manually.
  • Why no fixed swatch size in v.4? I liked my custom squares :(
    Love the update, Tomas! Just wanted to add that I might be in the minority, but I'm with Bartek and miss having the option for fixed swatch size. It was nice to force it to a smaller size regardless of my panel size.

Hopefully you bring that option back, but it's not a deal breaker. Thanks for your work, as always!
  • Is there any instructional information besides the music video? I'm able to assign labels to layers and keyframes, but I cannot then select things assigned to those labels. I'm guessing it's working fine and I simply don't know how to use it.

Labels 4.0
    AE 22.6.0
    MacOS 12.6
  • not showing up in AE 2023. Please help.
  • Any plans for an After Effects 2023 version?
    Just bought Labels without knowing it is not compatibel :( 
  • **When i try to color a Comp in AE's bin using Labels, it colors the last layer chosen on the timeline instead.
    I am definitely pressing and highlighting the Bin's item. Then I press the desired color, yet, the script thinks I'm still choosing the timeline's layer instead of the Bin's item.
    Please fix this. This is a fundamental issue with the script. You have to resort back to manually choosing a color label, and that renders 'Labels' pointless..
  • Hey, I have an issue where if I select just a single item in the project window and try to color label it won't work, but if I select two items it will work. I've been having this same issue for many versions.
    Thanks.
  • Please make it compatible with Ae 2023.
  • Would be awesome if there was a 2023 compatible update.
  • how to label keyframes?
  • Is this compatible with CC 2023 and Monterey v12.6.1?

Im having issue with the script not loading while Im connected to our workplace network? Ive got version 4 loading on a Mac running Monterey 12.16.0 and it seems to run fine?
  • Hello, Haris.
    To target keyframes hold down the CMD (on Mac) or CTRL (on Windows) and click a swatch button.

how to label keyframes?

• Labels 4 seems to work just fine with the latest AE 2023.
    Please open a support ticket if if does not work on your end. Thank you.

not showing up in AE 2023. Please help.
    Any plans for an After Effects 2023 version?
    Please make it compatible with Ae 2023.
    Would be awesome if there was a 2023 compatible update.

• Hello, Elad.
    Yes, this is known issue with Labels and has been since the first release.

Unfortunately, there's no way to fix this. AE does not provide any API to detect what panel is currently active - timeline, or project panel, or something else. Therefore when you have only one item selected in Project Panel and that item is Composition, the Labels script goes and checks if there are any layers selected in that particular composition. If there are no layers selected - then it sets label color for the Item, but if there are selected layers in that comp - it will change layer colors, not item.

Unfortunately this is AE limitation, not the Labels script.

elad bari said:
    **When i try to color a Comp in AE's bin using Labels, it colors the last layer chosen on the timeline instead.
    I am definitely pressing and highlighting the Bin's item. Then I press the desired color, yet, the script thinks I'm still choosing the timeline's layer instead of the Bin's item.
    Please fix this. This is a fundamental issue with the script. You have to resort back to manually choosing a color label, and that renders 'Labels' pointless..

• I just wanted to chime in here. I was having the exact same issue so I closed After Effects, opened the aescripts + aeplugins app, uninstalled Labels 4, and reinstalled Labels 4 and upon reopening After Effects it was there in the Extensions drop down where it was not before. Hope this helps!

Labels 4 seems to work just fine with the latest AE 2023.
    Please open a support ticket if if does not work on your end. Thank you.

not showing up in AE 2023. Please help.
    Any plans for an After Effects 2023 version?
    Please make it compatible with Ae 2023.
    Would be awesome if there was a 2023 compatible update.

• clicking on the buttons does nothing. I'm on MacOS Ventura on a Macboon Pro Silicon M1 Max
  • I got 2 errors after installation and can't use it as nothing is displayed in the frame

TypeError: null is not an object

Script File: Labels v4.0.jsxbin

Function: anonymous

Error on Line: 2521

TypeError: null is not an object

Script File: Labels v4.0.jsxbin

Function: anonymous

Error on Line: 3041

• I have the same problem as Kai Bachmann. Labels 3 and 4 no longer work. I get the same error messages.
  • is there somewhere I can find a detailed tutorial on how to use labels other than just mass selecteting and hitting a color, since I can already do that on after effects. I have the hardware and want to figure this out. also how do I install snippets and color themes?
  • Hey Tim.
    You can find all the Labels related info here https://labels.rendertom.com/
    Cheers.

is there somewhere I can find a detailed tutorial on how to use labels other than just mass selecteting and hitting a color, since I can already do that on after effects. I have the hardware and want to figure this out. also how do I install snippets and color themes?

• Hey there Tomas
    any idea when compatibily for AE2024 is coming? I miss my colors :)
  • Is the After Effects 2024 version coming any time soon?
  • Hi Tomas,
    I really like your script, thank you! Recently, the script opens in a separate window, impossible to integrate into my interface. Is it because I'm on AE 2024?
  • hey team - just a note to anyone who has come to this page to request an update for ae2024. It doesn't show up in the compatibility tab on this page or in the aescripts app, I just selected the manual install option in the app and discovered it now has a checkbox for 2024. I ticked the box and hey presto, its now an option in my AE! It docks just fine, and saves to my custom workspace. Not sure why it hasn't been offiicially announced as an update yet... but so far so good, haven't had any crashes. I've missed this script hard since I upgraded ae... at last my timelines are pretty again! 
    Labels is lit on god on god, no cappin... Thanks Tomas.
  • Hello everyone. I am confused on how to colour the keyframes themselves or is this limited to ae 2023?

Edit: Nvm, those features only work in ae 2023
  • To color keyframes, hold the CMD key (on Mac) or the CTRL key (on Windows) while clicking on a label. If this method does not work, ensure that the Settings > Target keyframes option is enabled in Labels. Additionally, verify which keyboard modifier key is assigned for this action and use that key instead. Hope that helps.

Hello everyone. I am confused on how to colour the keyframes themselves or is this limited to ae 2023?

Edit: Nvm, those features only work in ae 2023

• Hello everyone.
    Is there a way to integrate the tool in the AE interface?
    Many thanks :)