• Since this is an expression at it's core, can you convert to keyframes and remove the expression? For instance, if I wanted to convert it to keyframes and use it with lottie.
  • Since this is an expression at it's core, can you convert to keyframes and remove the expression? For instance, if I wanted to convert it to keyframes and use it with lottie.
    Sure, you can convert the animation to keyframes.
  • Hey Denis, is it possible to optimize the script for shape layers with severals path as for shape created from text...? My shape layer wave effect behave differently from letter to letter... some behave as there is no fx on it... some as if the effect wave is stronger... 
    I am trying to achieve an effect as dust moving around as if it is frame by frame mimicking... Cool. But not homogeneous.

I can figure out to copy paste each path letters in a new shape layer for each one, but to have all at once could be much better...
    Tell me please if it's possible...
    Thank you.
  • Hello. Can you tell me the exact version of Ae? The earliest version I tested Tilda on is 17.1.1
  • Hey Denis, is it possible to optimize the script for shape layers with severals path...
    Hello David, I don't think I understood exactly what kind of look you're trying to achieve, but here are some tips that may help you better understand how Tilda works.

1. The "Choke" options might be the reason why waves have different strength on different parts of a path. Disable all chokes and the path will have the same wave strength along its full length.
    2. When you enable the "Choke On Sharp Points" option your path gets split into a set of individual curves on those points that are considered "sharp". If the length of some of the resulting curves is less then the length of one wave then the wave on that curve shrinks to fit the curve. That may be the case when you create shapes from text. So if you use chokes, you need to make the wave length small enough to fit into the smallest part of the path.
    3. If you use a closed path, watch out for the first vertex in the path. If you have sharp corners in your path, usually you'll want to place the first point on one of such corners. You can change the first vertex by Right-clicking on any point and selecting Mask and Shape Path -> Set First Vertex.

Finally, if you just want to add homogeneous waves to the edges of a text layer, the "Turbulent Displace" effect may be a better option. Tilda is better suited for sending waves along a path that you can change and control.
  • hi,i am using AE CC 2020,I get a error:unexpected token =, when i use it,how can i fix it? I had converted the script engine to Javascript ,thanks!
  • hi,i am using AE CC 2020,I get a error:unexpected token =, when i use it,how can i fix it? I had converted the script engine to Javascript ,thanks!
    Hello. Can you tell me the exact version of your AE (in Help -> About After Effects)? The earliest version I tested Tilda on is 17.1.1, and it seems that it may not work on earlier versions.
  • 17.0.1,so i can't use it?so sad...
  • 17.0.1,so i can't use it?so sad...
    It's a bit late, but the new version of Tilda (1.2) now supports all Ae versions down to CC2019 (16.0)
  • I love Tilda and I've been getting more into using it lately. However, I just had an issue where using anything the Random drop down caused my stroke to jump around, almost as if there were a fill, at random points in the timeline. It's a shame because it would be perfect to use Random for my project. Everything else works great! 
  • I love Tilda and I've been getting more into using it lately. However, I just had an issue where using anything the Random drop down caused my stroke to jump around, almost as if there were a fill, at random points in the timeline. It's a shame because it would be perfect to use Random for my project. Everything else works great! 
    Hi Evan! Can you please send me a project where this bug is happening? I'll look into it and maybe I'll be able to tell you how to avoid this bug, and it will help me improve Tilda in the future updates. You can send the project here: [email protected]
  • I can't seem to figure out how you got the results for waves-example-8. Can you give me just a brief instruction on how to get these results? I'm not sure if I should be using a stroke or a shape. Thanks in advance!
  • I can't seem to figure out how you got the results for waves-example-8. Can you give me just a brief instruction on how to get these results? I'm not sure if I should be using a stroke or a shape. Thanks in advance!
    Basically it's just 3 curved shapes (with 2 "bumps" in the middle) with tilda expressions applied to them. No strokes, just fills. Each shape has slightly different tilda settings (phase, wave height and length).

If you want to learn more, I just added the project file of all the examples, which you can download from the tilda wiki page, in the "Gallery" section.
  • Hi- when will there be comparability with AE 2024? 
  • Rob Troy said:
    Hi- when will there be comparability with AE 2024? 
    It is compatible with AE 2024. I just updated the description.