Set Path Keyframes
  • It's a time-saving and very useful plugin. Thanks :)
  • Thanks for releasing this useful tool.

I've followed your instructions and placed the "Set Path Keyframes.plugin" file to "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore" but I don't see the Plugin under the Window or Extensions panel inside AE.

I'm using AE 23.2.1 (Build 3) and Mac Monterrey 12.6.3. It would be great if you can give a me a hand with it. 

Thanks! <3

• Thank you for developing this plug-in
    Do you plan to add the shortcut setting function of the solo path (like P S R solo shortcut)for layer in the future?
  • Carlos SG said:
    Thanks for releasing this useful tool.

I've followed your instructions and placed the "Set Path Keyframes.plugin" file to "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore" but I don't see the Plugin under the Window or Extensions panel inside AE.

I'm using AE 23.2.1 (Build 3) and Mac Monterrey 12.6.3. It would be great if you can give a me a hand with it. 

Thanks! <3

Hi Carlos, can you try installing using the aescripts manager app? If it still doesn't work after that, then please open a support ticket and we will do our best to sort it out.
    Do you plan to add the shortcut setting function of the solo path (like P S R solo shortcut)for layer in the future?
    Hi Peter,

Do you mean automatically "revealing" the Path property in the timeline, after the keyframes are set? I would love to add this feature, but from our research it doesn't appear that scripts or plugins can affect the timeline UI in this way. If we are able to find a workaround, will definitely add it in a future update.

Let us know if that doesn't answer your question, and hope you enjoy the plugin!
    Hi Peter,

Do you mean automatically "revealing" the Path property in the timeline, after the keyframes are set? I would love to add this feature, but from our research it doesn't appear that scripts or plugins can affect the timeline UI in this way. If we are able to find a workaround, will definitely add it in a future update.

Let us know if that doesn't answer your question, and hope you enjoy the plugin!

Yes,I mean revealing the Path property in the timeline,regardless of key frames are set or not .
    because type "path" in search bar to reveal path property , and clear it to revealing other ,this is bureaucratic procedure.
    I am looking forward to hearing this plugin add this function in a future update.
    thank you again.
  • Super cool, thank you for making this and also making it free. Thank you so much.
  • Thank you! This really works great. Will this tool have the same effect on Path Masks? Right now it doesn't, and it only affects Path shapes, but since I work with masks quite often in After Effects, it would be just great if it also put keyframes on Path masks later on.
  • Thank you! This really works great. Will this tool have the same effect on Path Masks? Right now it doesn't, and it only affects Path shapes, but since I work with masks quite often in After Effects, it would be just great if it also put keyframes on Path masks later on.
    Hi Motion Thunder,

This tool is only designed for Shape Paths on Shape Layers. Masks already have keyboard shortcuts built into After Effects.

Add Mask Path keyframes: Alt + Shift + M / Option + M
    Add Mask Feather keyframes: Alt + Shift + F / Option + F

Show Mask groups: MM
    Show only Mask Path: M
    Show only Mask Feather: F
    Show only Mask Opacity: TT
  • 1.1 Update

We've added a much-requested feature to help reveal the Paths in the timeline.
    After running the plugin to create the Path keyframes, there are now two ways to reveal them in the timeline:
    1. Hit "U" on the keyboard to Reveal All Modified Properties
    2. Hit "SS" on the keyboard to Show Selected, which reveals only the selected Path keyframes
    This adds nice flexibility while working. Enjoy!
  • Thanks, this will save me a lot of annoying steps!
  • Hello, thanks for created the plugins. but i can't install them. none of the 3. set path keyframe / style bandit and find my aep, when i start after effects cc2020 a pop up appear said: After Effects error: Couldn't find main entry point for Style Bnadit.plugin (48::72) and same with Set Path Keyframe.plugin. what can i do? thanks
  • Hello, thanks for created the plugins. but i can't install them. none of the 3. set path keyframe / style bandit and find my aep, when i start after effects cc2020 a pop up appear said: After Effects error: Couldn't find main entry point for Style Bnadit.plugin (48::72) and same with Set Path Keyframe.plugin. what can i do? thanks
    Hi Fernando,

Unfortunately Adobe no longer provides After Effects CC 2020, so we cannot test and approve the plugins for 2020. They are all tested and working for Mac + Windows on AE 2021, 2022, and 2023.

If possible, we suggest upgrading your version of After Effects - there's lots of nice new features in 2023 :)

• Thanks a million
  • Foza Body said:

Thanks a million
    Yes. Here is the .jsx code:

1. Create a JSX button in Bar and browse to this .jsx file
    2. Create a Scriptlet button in Kbar and copy+paste the code inside the scriptlet field
  • Hello! I am having trouble seeing the plugin in AFX24 on an m1 macbook air. It's installed in the Library/Appsuport/.../MediaCore folder but for some reason AFX doesn't see it. Any clues what might be hapenning? Thank you!
  • Hello! I am having trouble seeing the plugin in AFX24 on an m1 macbook air. It's installed in the Library/Appsuport/.../MediaCore folder but for some reason AFX doesn't see it. Any clues what might be hapenning? Thank you!
    Hi Svetoslav, try installing using the aescripts manager app. If it still doesn't work after that, then please open a support ticket and we will do our best to sort it out.

FYI it is not a script or extension. It's a plugin under Animation > Set Path Keyframes.