• This is really an incredible tool. I highly recommend it!
  • in trial mode, grid clone can use 5 time? now is unused, our leader needs try
  • Hi, when I apply MographAE to any layer, it creates copies at position 0.0;0.0 and I can't move them from there. Changing anything in controller doesn't help. https://ibb.co/k5GcMZh

• Sergey Ok said:
    Hi, when I apply MographAE to any layer, it creates copies at position 0.0;0.0 and I can't move them from there. Changing anything in controller doesn't help. https://ibb.co/k5GcMZh

Hey Sergey! Did you try changing expression engine to Javascript rather than Extendscript? Also, you can check the other potential reasons by clicking the “?” button for the help UI.
    Kai
  • Sergey Ok said:
    Hi, when I apply MographAE to any layer, it creates copies at position 0.0;0.0 and I can't move them from there. Changing anything in controller doesn't help. https://ibb.co/k5GcMZh

Hey Sergey! Did you try changing expression engine to Javascript rather than Extendscript? Also, you can check the other potential reasons by clicking the “?” button for the help UI.
    Kai
    Oh, yes, it was Legacy Extendscript, I changed it to JavaScript and now it works. Thanks!
  • This seems really similar to React https://aescripts.com/react/ how do these two addons compare?
  • This seems really similar to React https://aescripts.com/react/ how do these two addons compare?

Yeah they are different! Here is one significant difference:

React works on transform properties, while MographAE works on properties that have 1-3 dimensions as well as color properties. This means MographAE can work on transform properties, shape layer properties, effect controls, layer styles, mask properties, essential properties etc. By contrast, React will only work with transform properties.

You can also watch the quick overview video of both to get an idea of the differences.
  • I'm buying anyway but the trial is pretty pointless. Wanted to test the grid cloner more than anything. 
  • This is a great one, but NOISE doesn't seem to be working
  • I'm buying anyway but the trial is pretty pointless. Wanted to test the grid cloner more than anything. 
    Thanks for the feedback on the trial Michael! I'll think what the trial restrictions should be when I next update.
  • This is a great one, but NOISE doesn't seem to be working
    Hey sorry to hear that Wiley and thanks for bringing this to my attention, I am uploading a fix to this issue
  • i used array and then enable delay but no sin controller appeared (as shown in tutorial)...How Can i Get that sin Controller in timeline while arraying shape???  PLease HELP
  • i used array and then enable delay but no sin controller appeared (as shown in tutorial)...How Can i Get that sin Controller in timeline while arraying shape???  PLease HELP
    Hey there! I actually used a different script from another developer for "Sin Controller" - Motion Tweaks by Motion Design School. However, you can achieve the exact same animation by applying two keyframes and adding loopOut('pingpong') in the expression field
  • Getting expression errors when I click the 'create sample comp' or if I select a single shape and tried to make a grid.
    I made sure Allow scripts to write files and access network was on just incase that was messing things up. 

Error at line 1 in property 'Linked/Rotation' of layer 6 ('Shape Layer 1') in comp 'Comp 1.' Bad method arguements: Incorrect type for argument 1 (expected: 'int' provided: 'NaN', an expression was disabled as a result of an error.

I'm on the latest AE build - Version 23.5.0
  • Getting expression errors when I click the 'create sample comp' or if I select a single shape and tried to make a grid.
    I made sure Allow scripts to write files and access network was on just incase that was messing things up. 

Error at line 1 in property 'Linked/Rotation' of layer 6 ('Shape Layer 1') in comp 'Comp 1.' Bad method arguements: Incorrect type for argument 1 (expected: 'int' provided: 'NaN', an expression was disabled as a result of an error.

Hey Levi, so sorry to hear that you're experiencing errors! Just to check, did you try changing your expression engine to javascript? If that doesn't work, you can open a support ticket and send me screenshots. 

Hey Levi, so sorry to hear that you're experiencing errors! Just to check, did you try changing your expression engine to javascript? If that doesn't work, you can open a support ticket and send me screenshots. 
    That worked, thank you! I should have looked through the previous comments below 
  • Not sure if this is a limitation or i'm doing something wrong but I have a grid of circles that i'm trying to effect with a custom field effector, scale. I want the field to scale the circle down but it seems like the spline/slider that it gives me when I link the circles' scale to the effector does not accept negative values, ie, the scale function only allows you to grow or works only in the positive direction. Am I missing something? Awesome plugin by the way im loving it so far. 
  • Not sure if this is a limitation or i'm doing something wrong but I have a grid of circles that i'm trying to effect with a custom field effector, scale. I want the field to scale the circle down but it seems like the spline/slider that it gives me when I link the circles' scale to the effector does not accept negative values, ie, the scale function only allows you to grow or works only in the positive direction. Am I missing something? Awesome plugin by the way im loving it so far. 
    Thanks for trying out MographAE! To answer your question, you can make the circle scale down by changing the "Influence" parameter from positive to negative. Spline is more for remapping the progression of the effect. I attached an image demonstrating this below:

Thanks for trying out MographAE! To answer your question, you can make the circle scale down by changing the "Influence" parameter from positive to negative. Spline is more for remapping the progression of the effect. I attached an image demonstrating this below:

Thank you very much!
  • Hello, I am trying to animate using an array. For example, I have 8 shapes in circular manner using Array controller. I want to animate increasing and decreasing the number of shapes (say from 8 to 10, and then 10 - 6). I imagine to do this I would need to add and delete layers, and move them in timeline, but adding them is effecting the entire duration since the Array was created. So, can I animate increasing and decreasing number of shapes in a controller using MographAE? Thank you!

• Hello, I am trying to animate using an array. For example, I have 8 shapes in circular manner using Array controller. I want to animate increasing and decreasing the number of shapes (say from 8 to 10, and then 10 - 6). I imagine to do this I would need to add and delete layers, and move them in timeline, but adding them is effecting the entire duration since the Array was created. So, can I animate increasing and decreasing number of shapes in a controller using MographAE? Thank you!

Hey there! It depends on how you want it to be animated. If you want a smooth transition, one way to do this can be to use Start/End angle to make it look like the gaps get bigger or smaller. You will still need to hide the layers though, perhaps with a field or by manually hiding it.
  • somehow does not work in after effects 23.0.0
    it does work in after effects beta
  • somehow does not work in after effects 23.0.0
    Sorry to see you’re having issues! If you scroll up, other people in this discussion had similar problems at first, perhaps the solutions that helped them can also fix yours? If not, feel free to open a support ticket
  • Yes changing the project settings , expression settings to , javascript fixed it.
    thanks you!

somehow does not work in after effects 23.0.0
    Sorry to see you’re having issues! If you scroll up, other people in this discussion had similar problems at first, perhaps the solutions that helped them can also fix yours? If not, feel free to open a support ticket

• Hi, how would a project which is using MographAE translate if passed on to an artist who doesn't have the plugin? Thanks.
  • Hi, how would a project which is using MographAE translate if passed on to an artist who doesn't have the plugin? Thanks.
    The project files will work even if they do not have the script
    The project files will work even if they do not have the script
    Great, thanks!
  • Hello, can the final files be Lotties optimized or are they as heavy as the Cavalry app?
  • Hello, can the final files be Lotties optimized or are they as heavy as the Cavalry app?
    Well, the more keyframes there are, the higher file size in Lottie. So I generally use the "Smoother" function to reduce the keyframe amount after baking to keyframes.
  • Not sure if this is the right place for feature requests, but I'd love to be able to effect time remap of footage or precomp layers with this.

And also be able to drive animation with luminance values of a precomp.
  • Not sure if this is the right place for feature requests, but I'd love to be able to effect time remap of footage or precomp layers with this.

And also be able to drive animation with luminance values of a precomp.
    Hey Andrew, thanks a lot for bringing the time remap issue to my attention. Not being able to time-remap is actually a bug, I am updating the script to 1.4 to fix this - let me know if that helps when you update.
  • Could you please make this plugin for Figma. I beg you.
  • I've got a conveyer belt type animation set up. Multiple images that expand as they reach centre screen. The last image (multiple iterations of the same image) the field effect doesn't behave as it should, instead of expanding the images, it drags them down. Only in this image. I've tried to precomp that image, save it as an alternative format but it's the same. 

Any idea?
  • I've got a conveyer belt type animation set up. Multiple images that expand as they reach centre screen. The last image (multiple iterations of the same image) the field effect doesn't behave as it should, instead of expanding the images, it drags them down. Only in this image. I've tried to precomp that image, save it as an alternative format but it's the same. 

Any idea?
    Create a ticket and send the project file, would be happy to check it!
  • Awesome!  Finally a way to effect layers with images and animations on them - not just shapes!

REQUEST = My only wish is that the control window was dockable to a Panel (with all my other dockable tool window)  and not free floating
    Here there! Thanks for testing MographAE.

I'm sorry to hear that the control window is free floating, by the way. Actually, it's supposed to be dockable. If you check your scripts folder, MographAE.jsx should be in the Script -> ScriptUI directory rather than the main Scripts directory.

Let me know if moving it there helps!
  • Hey Kai - Could you push an update for ae 2024 via aescripts+Plugins manager? Its unable to update on ae 2024 for some reason..
  • Hey Kai - Could you push an update for ae 2024 via aescripts+Plugins manager? Its unable to update on ae 2024 for some reason..
    Hm, not sure why that would be happening. I just published a new update, let me know if that helps.
  • Hey Kai
    The downloaded file is still 1.5, not 1.6.
  • Hey Kai
    The downloaded file is still 1.5, not 1.6.
    Is this still not working? You can open a support ticket if needed
  • Great script. IS it possible to rename Cloners without breaking expressions? Many thanks
  • Hey, might be a silly question but does the plugin it work with text layers? i cant seem to find anything about it 
  • Great script. IS it possible to rename Cloners without breaking expressions? Many thanks
    Hey sorry for getting back to you late. The short answer is no, because MographAE uses layer names for cloners/effectors. This is so that when you copy and paste the rig within the file or between files, the expressions don't break. However, instead of renaming layers you can add markers which won't cause errors.
  • Hey, might be a silly question but does the plugin it work with text layers? i cant seem to find anything about it 
    In fact it does. You can see here:

• Hi Kai - please could you create a presets / templates library as a useful add- on for this?
  • Hi Kai. Can you make a version of the plugin for adobe illustrator?
  • Hi Kai - please could you create a presets / templates library as a useful add- on for this?
    There are some templates you can access by clicking "Create Sample Comp!"
  • Hi Kai. Can you make a version of the plugin for adobe illustrator?
    Well, adobe illustrator has grid and array functions now! But since MographAE is an animation tool based on expressions, most functions wouldn't translate.
  • It lacks flexibility and proceduralism. This would be a great tool for FUI prototyping with export to ae, c4d afterwards
  • I just started using the plugin and so far I think this is what I have been looking for. I have a question - apologies if the feature already exist, but I am not aware of it.I was wondering if there is a way to automatically link "Base Value" of a property, when we apply a Field to it? 

For example, I'm using it now to Fade objects using Circular Field. From 0 to 100%. If I want to modify the fade, I have to adjust Base Value, by hand on each layer, for example to go from 10% to 100%. Is there a way for the script to automatically add some sort of Base Value, when it creates all the expressions and controls? 
  • I just started using the plugin and so far I think this is what I have been looking for. I have a question - apologies if the feature already exist, but I am not aware of it.I was wondering if there is a way to automatically link "Base Value" of a property, when we apply a Field to it? 

For example, I'm using it now to Fade objects using Circular Field. From 0 to 100%. If I want to modify the fade, I have to adjust Base Value, by hand on each layer, for example to go from 10% to 100%. Is there a way for the script to automatically add some sort of Base Value, when it creates all the expressions and controls? 
    Yes, you can do this by adjusting the "Spline" property on the field controller, so that rather than the effect going from 0% to 100%, it starts from 10%. In this screenshot, rather than the elements going from 100% to 0% opacity, they'll go from 90% to 0% opacity.

Does that work?