• imageMotion Clock

Accurately tracks your project hours in real-time in all Adobe Creative Suite applications (After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro). It's intuitive, unobtrusive, and effortlessly syncs with your workflow. Motion Clock ensures that every minute counts. Don't just track time; master it. Pros, Freelancers: One-time leap, eternal tracking. Your creative flow is charted and sketched into an easy-to-export report!

https://aescripts.com/motion-clock/

• tried to install the try version. couldn't parse zxp installer. any ideas?
  • Hi Julian,

Did you try a manual install or through the zxp installer from aescripts : https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/ ?

I've just installed v1.0.5 on Both Mac and Windows and it's OK.
    Which version of your softwares do you have ?
    Motion clock is based on > 2020
    Cheers
  • tried to install the try version. couldn't parse zxp installer. any ideas?

you can install the trial using the aescripts + aeplugins manager, just select 'add trial' from the 'account' menu
  • Hello. I've installed this and it shows in my extensions. But it won't open in Premiere or After Effects (haven't tried other apps). Am I doing something wrong? Would I need to open it in each app I use? Do you have a user guid to explain how it works? 
  • Hi Chris! Thank you for reaching out. To access Motion Clock, please navigate to 'Windows' > 'Extensions' > 'Motion Clock' in your application. Once open, you can conveniently dock the tool in your preferred workspace location. Remember, the process of launching and utilizing Motion Clock remains consistent across all supported applications. Please also ensure your Adobe After Effects and other application versions are updated to 2020 or later. We appreciate your patience and will soon provide a detailed tutorial to further assist you in using Motion Clock effectively. Best regards, Fred
  • The process was very confusing during installation, but finally did it.
  • The process was very confusing during installation, but finally did it.

Glad you did.
    A new Bart Chart is incoming. And many features too
  • Fantastic. I have been waiting for this script. But I wonder: if I am working in AE and then switch to my internet browser to download content or to Microsoft Office, will the script stop counting completely, as if I were taking a break?
  • Hi Thomas, Thanks a lot for your message! In the current setup of Adobe, we are not able to monitor idle activities. This means the timer of Motion Clock continues running for up to 5 hours, even while you're browsing the internet or away from your desk. We totally understand your concern and we're actively exploring alternatives to handle these situations better. Why 5 hours, you may ask? Well, we thought popping up a dialog window every few minutes might be a bit disruptive for your workflow, so we settled for this duration. That being said, we're excited to inform you that we're working on pushing out a new version of Motion Clock. This update is going to provide a more efficient way of managing 'Archived' and 'Ongoing' Projects. Rest assured, we're constantly evolving our tool to make it as user-friendly and efficient as possible. Really appreciate your feedback and your kind words. It means a lot to us! Cheers, PP
  • Hi, I like your product but it I have an issue with it:
    Motion clock shows 12 hours instead of 0 hours when starting a project. Also mysteriously there is an AM and PM selector as well when I try to edit the time. Also can't choose 0 hours there as well.
    Is there a setting I'm missing? 
    I'm on windows 11.
  • Dear Balázs Bence,
    Thanks for your message.

We will fix the format displayed in your screenshots asap.
    Cheers,
    F
  • Hi, I like your product but it I have an issue with it:
    Motion clock shows 12 hours instead of 0 hours when starting a project. Also mysteriously there is an AM and PM selector as well when I try to edit the time. Also can't choose 0 hours there as well.
    Is there a setting I'm missing? 

I'm on windows 11.
    Hi,
    It is fixed, since the component was not displayed the same way on different setups. Now you can edit it manually and it starts as 00:00:00.
    Cheers
  • Hi Chris! Thank you for reaching out. To access Motion Clock, please navigate to 'Windows' > 'Extensions' > 'Motion Clock' in your application. Once open, you can conveniently dock the tool in your preferred workspace location. Remember, the process of launching and utilizing Motion Clock remains consistent across all supported applications. Please also ensure your Adobe After Effects and other application versions are updated to 2020 or later. We appreciate your patience and will soon provide a detailed tutorial to further assist you in using Motion Clock effectively. Best regards, Fred
    Thanks for the reply - I'm doing exactly that and I've just updated to 1.1.3 and it's still not showing. All other extensions work fine.
    Windows 10. Latest CC updates.

• Hi Chris!

Thank you for reaching out.
    To access Motion Clock, please navigate to 'Windows' > 'Extensions' > 'Motion Clock' in your application. Once open, you can conveniently dock the tool in your preferred workspace location.

Remember, the process of launching and utilizing Motion Clock remains consistent across all supported applications.
    Please also ensure your Adobe After Effects and other application versions are updated to 2020 or later.

We appreciate your patience and will soon provide a detailed tutorial to further assist you in using Motion Clock effectively.

Best regards,

Fred

Thanks for the reply - I'm doing exactly that and I've just updated to 1.1.3 and it's still not showing. All other extensions work fine.

Dear Chris,
    The only Application that may not shows the tool is an old version of Photoshop: you would want to reinstall it.
    I don’t understand why it not appears in After Effects and I invite you to open a support ticket so I will be able to help you directly. No other users encounter this issue.

Cheers
  • Hello! Love the Idea of this Plug-In! Sadly I have the same Problem as Chris. I have the newest Premiere and After Effects Versions on my MacBook but the Plugin just wont open when I click on it. Any Ideas how to fix this?
  • Hello! Love the Idea of this Plug-In! Sadly I have the same Problem as Chris. I have the newest Premiere and After Effects Versions on my MacBook but the Plugin just wont open when I click on it. Any Ideas how to fix this?
    Hi Simon and thank you for your feedback.
    I am on Mac too so I would like to see with you how I can help and fix this if others users encounter the same issue. Would you please a support ticket do discuss about it please ?

Cheers,
    Frederic
    Hi Simon and thank you for your feedback.
    I am on Mac too so I would like to see with you how I can help and fix this if others users encounter the same issue. Would you please a support ticket do discuss about it please ?

Cheers,
    Frederic
    Hi Frederic,

thanks for the quick reply!

Got it to work. 
    Now only one question left:
    Is there a way to change the time of inactivity / spent in another window before the Extension stops counting? A couple hours is way to much for me to keep track of the real Project times. Something like 10 Min. would be perfect.

Best Simon
  • Now only one question left:
    Is there a way to change the time of inactivity / spent in another window before the Extension stops counting? A couple hours is way to much for me to keep track of the real Project times. Something like 10 Min. would be perfect.

Best Simon
    Dear Simon, it's on the to-do list. To allow you the time until the counter ask if you are still there. but every 10 minutes can be invasive ;)
  • Hello,
    i installed the plugin, but if i start AE, the timer dosent start.
    What can i do?

Thx
    Jan

oh wait - it starts until the projectfile is saved?
  • Hello,
    i installed the plugin, but if i start AE, the timer dosent start.
    What can i do?

Thx
    Jan

oh wait - it starts until the projectfile is saved?
    Yes , the main goal of Motion Clock is to track teh time as soon as a project 'exists', which mean that you have to save it first = Goode practice :)

Best Simon

Done.
    ;)
  • I think there must be a bug in the plugin because when it runs, Adobe Premiere stops the playing of the video after a few seconds. When I remove the Motion Clock window, Premiere play like normal again.

Please open a ticket so we can investigate. Motion Clock is not related to your activity in the software itself :)
    Thanks for your message.

Cheers,

• Hi Frederic,

thanks for the quick reply!

Got it to work. 
    Now only one question left:

Best Simon
    This seems to have worked! Thanks for the tip.
  • Hey Great Tool! Can I suggest a couple improvements? When i open the HTML file, the bottom x- axis lists numbers as 10K, 20K, etc. Can you convert to time base units (min/ Hours)?  Also, when I do incremental update on my AE project, the app makes a new line for the new incremental project. Is there a way to detect the same project or same AEP folder without adding a new line for each new project?
  • Hey Great Tool! Can I suggest a couple improvements? When i open the HTML file, the bottom x- axis lists numbers as 10K, 20K, etc. Can you convert to time base units (min/ Hours)?  Also, when I do incremental update on my AE project, the app makes a new line for the new incremental project. Is there a way to detect the same project or same AEP folder without adding a new line for each new project?

Hey Paul,

Awesome to hear you're finding value in Motion Clock!

We hear you on the x-axis time units - we're already on it. The Bar Chart is due for a tune-up.

About the incremental update - good spot. We're working on an upgrade to link 'ongoing projects' via the Unique ID. Should clean up those new lines nicely.

Thanks for the feedback, again, it means gold .

Cheers

Best Simon
    Done. ;)
    Awesome guys!! Could you give a quick explanation how it works? Is it already in the current Version?

Cheers
  • Hello, 
    Great plugin !

Any way to have a way to have a start and end time when we open/close a project ?
    Like:
    16 July - Project name - Folder - 12h00 - 12h30

And to track everything each day separately !

Thanks !
  • Hello, 
    Great plugin !

Any way to have a way to have a start and end time when we open/close a project ?
    Like:
    16 July - Project name - Folder - 12h00 - 12h30

And to track everything each day separately !

Thanks !
    Hi Cyril and thanks for your kind words :)

We thought about this possibility (it's doable), but we tried to make the tool as simple as possible.
    Since you're not the first to approach us to add this feature, we'll add it (along with other cool stuff) in a next release.

Have a good one,

Cheers,

Fred
  • Hi there,
    I love this tool but it is no longer working on either AE 23 or Beta.  It just sits at 00:00.  I uninstalled using the AEScripts app and reinstalled using the same app.  Still nothing.  What information do you need from me to trouble shoot this?
    Thanks!
  • Hi there,
    I love this tool but it is no longer working on either AE 23 or Beta.  It just sits at 00:00.  I uninstalled using the AEScripts app and reinstalled using the same app.  Still nothing.  What information do you need from me to trouble shoot this?
    Thanks!

Hi Stephen, There is no reason that the tool does not work with AE2023. Just to not clutter the comment section, would you please open a support ticket so we’ll see together what is happening ? Many thanks : )
  • Will this be getting updated for PR 2024, etc? 
  • Will this be getting updated for PR 2024, etc? 
    Hi Steven, yes  motion Clock is compatible with PRPro, AE, Illustrator and Photoshop 2024 :)
  • What is the difference between this and "Chronicler"? The price is the same, but Chronicler seems to have more features.
  • What is the difference between this and "Chronicler"? The price is the same, but Chronicler seems to have more features.
    Hi Peter!

Chronicler arrived after Motion Clock and seems to offer a large range of options.
    Their dedicated website and promo video are top, I hope their tool will encounter a great success, unlike many startups before which failed here.

But here it is not the same approach: Motion Clock provides a csv but also bar chart per projects.
    The philosophy behind Motion Clock is to offer a discreet tool without any fuss: a clock and export and import options across our most common Adobe softs.
    So, in a nutshell:
    • You can modify the counter on the Fly
    • You can export, check, and import your Data
    Then it is not a competitor but an alternative :) , Motion Clock (except during sales) will stay at 20.

Hi Peter!

Chronicler arrived after Motion Clock and seems to offer a large range of options.
    Their dedicated website and promo video are top, I hope their tool will encounter a great success, unlike many startups before which failed here.

But here it is not the same approach: Motion Clock provides a csv but also bar chart per projects.
    The philosophy behind Motion Clock is to offer a discreet tool without any fuss: a clock and export and import options across our most common Adobe softs.
    So, in a nutshell:
    Then it is not a competitor but an alternative :) , Motion Clock (except during sales) will stay at 20.

Thank you, Based on your response, I think I know which one to choose now. .
    I hope your tool will encounter a great success also, unlike many startups before which failed here too.☺

Hi Peter!

So, in a nutshell:

Thank you, Based on your response, I think I know which one to choose now. .
    I hope your tool will encounter a great success also, unlike many startups before which failed here too.☺

It wasn’t pedantic, I mean it, many startups failed here :)
    This kind of tool is at the same time asked by creatives and are niche too.
    Cheers
  • Hi - Thanks for this handy tool! 

When working in Illustrator 2023 ( 27.9 ), the clock stops counting as soon as I start working on an artboard, and only restarts once I save. 

It doesn't take into account the time in between saves, so, if I save and then work for 30min without saving, once I save again, the time difference will be 00;00;00. 

Any tips on how to fix this? 
    Thanks

---
    Update: it also seems to be creating issues with the scaling and the addition of new shapes. 
  • Hi - Thanks for this handy tool! 

When working in Illustrator 2023 ( 27.9 ), the clock stops counting as soon as I start working on an artboard, and only restarts once I save. 

It doesn't take into account the time in between saves, so, if I save and then work for 30min without saving, once I save again, the time difference will be 00;00;00. 

Any tips on how to fix this? 
    Thanks

---
    Update: it also seems to be creating issues with the scaling and the addition of new shapes. 
    Thank you for your comment.
    I’ll miss it but will handle this via the ticket you’ve sent.
    Many thanks

• Hi there,
    Just purchased and downloaded the latest version, installed using AE installer.

I can see the plugin in the extensions menu but when selected (either in AE or Pr) nothing happens.

Can you please help?

Thanks
    Cam
  • Hi there,
    Just purchased and downloaded the latest version, installed using AE installer.

I can see the plugin in the extensions menu but when selected (either in AE or Pr) nothing happens.

Can you please help?

Thanks
    Cam

please see this FAQ: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/zxp-cep-extension-won-t-open/