Pre-compose Pro
  • Once again, awesome tool! I really like when AE basics are rethought like this. A "[  ] Pre-compose each layer individually" checkbox would be great addition. I believe Pre-Compose Pro as it is now is good, but adding that feature one day would be great addition. 

Thanks once again for tools like this!
  • Once again, awesome tool! I really like when AE basics are rethought like this. A "[  ] Pre-compose each layer individually" checkbox would be great addition. I believe Pre-Compose Pro as it is now is good, but adding that feature one day would be great addition. 

Interesting idea. One for a future update, I think!
  • Love it so far! Not sure if the [l] layer placeholder shortcut is working on PC version. Seems to return just the [l] instead of the layer name.
  • Love it so far! Not sure if the [l] layer placeholder shortcut is working on PC version. Seems to return just the [l] instead of the layer name.
    Thanks, Ben! We are aware of this issue and working on a fix.
  • Great tool and works well. thanks for creating this!

I'd second the suggestion to be able to precompose multiple layers as individual precomps. That would be very useful.

Another suggestion would be to have the Composition naming field be already selected when launching the tool, like AE's default behavior. For me at least having to select it adds a step over-above what AE's built in precompose tool does. 
  • Hey, another nice creation here after Align Pro! You guys are on fire, keep going!
  • Hey, another nice creation here after Align Pro! You guys are on fire, keep going!
    Thanks, Robert! Appreciate the support.
  • Hey just purchased and tried using it. Got an error saying "Unable to execute script at line 587. undefined is not an object." Windows 11, AE 2024 (24.5.0, build 52). Can't use it because of the error. Please advise!

-B
  • nice. Would also be very nice to save the new precomp directly to a given subfolder: .\precomps\[p]_[l]_[s] or something like this.
  • Translator
    Hey just purchased and tried using it. Got an error saying "Unable to execute script at line 587. undefined is not an object." Windows 11, AE 2024 (24.5.0, build 52). Can't use it because of the error. Please advise!

-B
  • Translator
    Hey just purchased and tried using it. Got an error saying "Unable to execute script at line 587. undefined is not an object." Windows 11, AE 2024 (24.5.0, build 52). Can't use it because of the error. Please advise!

-B
    Same thing :(
    See this faq: Please see this FAQ: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/null-is-not-an-object-error/

If you still need assistance, please open a support ticket instead.
  • It would be nice if you could also add a feature where you can decompose a pre-composed layer.
  • Greetings to all! "PrecopmposePro" does not appear in any menu, I have to run it as a normal script.

I have installed it from aescripts + aeplugins manager and manually without success.
    It doesn't work with Mobar
    The colour selection for the new composition doesn't work either.
    Placeholders to renamed not works

I'm probably doing something wrong.

As Aaron Razon says, a decompose option would be nice.

AE v. 24.5.0

• Greetings to all! "PrecopmposePro" does not appear in any menu, I have to run it as a normal script.

I have installed it from aescripts + aeplugins manager and manually without success.
    It doesn't work with Mobar
    The colour selection for the new composition doesn't work either.
    Placeholders to renamed not works

I'm probably doing something wrong.

As Aaron Razon says, a decompose option would be nice.

AE v. 24.5.0

Please open a support ticket if you have a bug report. These comments are not monitored for customer support.
  • It would be nice if you could also add a feature where you can decompose a pre-composed layer.
    This isn't something that is planned. Please see https://aescripts.com/un-precompose/
  • Translator

-B
    This is now fixed. Please update to v1.1
  • Hey just purchased and tried using it. Got an error saying "Unable to execute script at line 587. undefined is not an object." Windows 11, AE 2024 (24.5.0, build 52). Can't use it because of the error. Please advise!

-B
    This is now fixed. Please update to v1.1
  • Great tool and works well. thanks for creating this!

I'd second the suggestion to be able to precompose multiple layers as individual precomps. That would be very useful.

Another suggestion would be to have the Composition naming field be already selected when launching the tool, like AE's default behavior. For me at least having to select it adds a step over-above what AE's built in precompose tool does. 
    Thank you for your suggestions, Jason. These have BOTH been added in v1.1!

Thank you for your suggestion, Jason. This has been added in v1.1!
  • Hi Matthew, nice update!

Any chance of returning with the two cropping options as it was before? Because in some situations I prefer to just crop the content and activate continuous rasterization. 

The placeholder [l] is not working when more than one layer is selected. It would be interesting if it used the name of the first selected layer.

Thank you again.
  • Hi Matthew, nice update!

Any chance of returning with the two cropping options as it was before? Because in some situations I prefer to just crop the content and activate continuous rasterization. 

The placeholder [l] is not working when more than one layer is selected. It would be interesting if it used the name of the first selected layer.

Thank you again.
    We were getting customers running into bugs with this particular feature.

The issue is that for that to work reliably, we'd have to specifiy a frame, or time, at which the cropping occurs. Let's say you have a 20 frame composition and over that 20 frames the bounding box of the entire contents changes because things are animating and moving around inside — what frame do we pick?

Also, if you've selected to adjust the time span, this changes the start time of the resulting pre-comp, so it gets even more complicated at specifying a time. A workaround would be to make certain layers guide layers, or even turn them off completely. If you do this, then Pre-compose Pro ignores these layers when working out the crop size. You could even create a dummy solid layer the size that you want the composition, solo it, pre-compose that with your other layers, then delete it again.

The [l] placeholder only works when only 1 layer is selected, or you choose 'Pre-compose all layers separately'. This is intentional, as you rightly pointed out, there would be too many layers to choose from. Your suggestion of it picking the first layer is an interesting one, but i'm not sure it's overly intuitive.

Thanks for being a valued customer!
  • Crop composition to content couldn't recognize the stroke of shape layers. it trims shape out of path. Do you guys have and plan to fix it?