DeCasteljau Bezier Curve
  • This is awesome. It seems this may be the only way to get async html data connections into AE. (thereby improving the miserable performance of my current Shotgun connection tool)

A couple quick questions:

1) When creating a flash builder project what exactly do you create? A flex project, flash pro, as3 script, mxml page etc etc. While it seems you shared the source I presume you mean the compiled source?

Really that's the only question, without that bit of knowledge its hard to takes this info and grow with it since I don't know what branch of flash builder to look for tutorials and documentation in since it apparently supports about a million things.
  • Hi Julian,
    I worked on using Flash instead of Flash Builder and apart from a couple security things to take into account it worked fine ... but I lost an awful lot of time setting it up because of the lack of documentation. I have never used Flash Builder personally, Michel did you have a particular reason to prefer it over Flash in this case?
    Anyway, I'm in the process of writing a short tutorial on the small things to do to get Flash+ExtendScript to work, write me if you want to proof-read it.
  • Yeah the documentation thing is killing me. In terms of security issues do you know if httprequests will work? I have been messing around with it a bit and when I compile and build:

A) I end up with a bunch of files, not just an mxml and an swf. (Don't know if I'm selecting the wrong type of project)

B) The swf throws me a permissions error regarding the httpRequest.

Looking forward to your tutorial Kevin, can't wait until I get async working.

• Hi,
    I use Flash Builder only because I want to communicate with After Effects. The possibility offered by Flash Builder allow you to create a user interface more interesting than ExtendScript Tools. And the code is extremely close to AS3 in Flash.
  • Hi Michel,

my question was more: why Flash Builder instead of simply Flash? I never used Flash Builder but worked with Flash+ExtendScript last year, I just wanted to have your input on Flash Builder.

Thanks,

Kevin
  • Hi Kevin,

Flash Builder instead of simply Flash because, to my knowledge, Adobe Flex, Flash Builder, is particularly adapted to communicate with after effects. But I am interested to know which way Flash can also communicate with After Effects.

Michel
  • OK Michel, j'ai regardé ton script depuis et apparemment ça marche de la meme mani`ere, sauf qu'avec Flash il pas défaut il y a des problemes de sécurité qui emp^echent le script de communiquer avec After Effects. J'ai un exemple d'interaction Flash/Extendscript pour AE pr^et depuis des mois mais n'ai pas eu le temps de finir et publier le script, si tu veux plus d'info tu peux m'écrire sur [email protected].

Kevin
  • Hi Michel!
    It's so cool! I think it would be useful to convert path data into position data.
    Could I use the function in my own script and put your name as credit in code ?
    [email protected]

Yuan
  • It can be used in cc2014,cs6, and all the other after effects versions.