• Hi,
    just bought newton 3 a few day's ago.
    And i'm facing a problem all the time , Every time whenever I import a circle stroke newton making it a fill or you can say filled circle .
    but i wanna keep it stroke as like my main comp .
    Please help.

• Hi Yasir,

Circles in Newton are something particular. When Newton detect a circle, it is replaced it by an optimized object. That's the reason why if you send to Newton a perfect circle it will always be filled.
    Assuming you are creating a circle using the ellipse tool and you need the stroke to be displayed, you simply need to not create a perfect circle. If you create a circle (with the ellipse tool) of 30 by 30, change it to 30 by 29,99 and you'll be set (and you won't see the difference)!

Hope this helps!
    Cheers.
    Val.
    Hi,
    just bought newton 3 a few day's ago.
    And i'm facing a problem all the time , Every time whenever I import a circle stroke newton making it a fill or you can say filled circle .
    but i wanna keep it stroke as like my main comp .
    Please help.

• Hi Yasir,

Circles in Newton are something particular. When Newton detect a circle, it is replaced it by an optimized object. That's the reason why if you send to Newton a perfect circle it will always be filled.
    Assuming you are creating a circle using the ellipse tool and you need the stroke to be displayed, you simply need to not create a perfect circle. If you create a circle (with the ellipse tool) of 30 by 30, change it to 30 by 29,99 and you'll be set (and you won't see the difference)!

I'm a beginner with Newton 3 and just like Yasir, I came across this problem with using an empty circle.

I've spent many HOURS trying all sort of things to no avail. 

I even enlisted the help of an advanced After Effects user this morning to help me -- thinking that maybe I was
    doing something incorrect in using After Effects.

Finally I read this question and Motion Boutique's answer to Yasir!

The Newton 3 introductory video uses an empty "circle" at 9 min 10 sec:

... and it doesn't MENTION that a perfect circle will not work!
    That the empty "circle" needs to be slightly altered for the experiment to work!

So much time and effort expended when it didn't have to be.

Regards,

Prodos

• Hi Prodos,

Sorry you had so much issue finding the right answer.
    You contacted us yesterday and I told you that I was available if you had any question regarding our products you could ask us any questions.
    The tutorial you have mentioned has not been done by us but by a third party.
    But you're right, we should add this to our documentation and I will create a small tutorial on this.
    Cheers.
    Val

Hi Yasir,

I'm a beginner with Newton 3 and just like Yasir, I came across this problem with using an empty circle.

I've spent many HOURS trying all sort of things to no avail. 

I even enlisted the help of an advanced After Effects user this morning to help me -- thinking that maybe I was
    doing something incorrect in using After Effects.

Finally I read this question and Motion Boutique's answer to Yasir!

The Newton 3 introductory video uses an empty "circle" at 9 min 10 sec:

... and it doesn't MENTION that a perfect circle will not work!
    That the empty "circle" needs to be slightly altered for the experiment to work!

So much time and effort expended when it didn't have to be.

Regards,

Prodos

• Hello.
    I have been using Newton 3 for a couple months and absolutely loving it. I was recently begrudgingly forced to update my Mac OS to Catalina.
    Since I have done that Newton crashes every time trying to open it within after effects I get "After Effects Error: Crash occurred while invoking plug-in "MB Newton" every time. Tried it in AE CC2019 and CC2020

I have downloaded newest version 3.2 and I have tried re-installing it manually and also the 'aescripts + aeplugins manager' all to no avail.

Thoughts? Is it as simple as it just not being compatible with Catalina?

Thanks
    Thad

• Hi Christian,

Please open a support ticket in order to get a better support.
    Thank you!
    Val.

Hello.
    I have been using Newton 3 for a couple months and absolutely loving it. I was recently begrudgingly forced to update my Mac OS to Catalina.
    Since I have done that Newton crashes every time trying to open it within after effects I get "After Effects Error: Crash occurred while invoking plug-in "MB Newton" every time. Tried it in AE CC2019 and CC2020

I have downloaded newest version 3.2 and I have tried re-installing it manually and also the 'aescripts + aeplugins manager' all to no avail.

Thoughts? Is it as simple as it just not being compatible with Catalina?

Thanks
    Thad

• Quickie for anyone that can answer:

Newton 3 how do you manually enter values?

(it was easy in Newton 2 you just clicked on the value field and could type in your number) ?
  • Hi Bob,

Just click on the value, just like N2. :)
    Bob Wolf said:
    Quickie for anyone that can answer:

Newton 3 how do you manually enter values?

(it was easy in Newton 2 you just clicked on the value field and could type in your number) ?

• Thanks MB, I've installed on my laptop and all is working normally, I'm unsure of why it's not working  like that on my desktop Mac (trashcan) though, maybe something has gone amiss with my Wacom. I thought it was odd that functionality would be removed, but I'm in the middle of a project tho, so client wouldn't be too happy at me poking around trying to fix it.
  • Newbie question here:
    I realize you can adjust or delay the keyframes outside Newton in the AE comp....but Is there a way to delay a couple objects to fall a second or so later as dynamic objects inside Newton so that they still react with the other objects?

Thanks in advance
  • Did you try to move the entire layers and not only the keyframes?
    Newbie question here:
    I realize you can adjust or delay the keyframes outside Newton in the AE comp....but Is there a way to delay a couple objects to fall a second or so later as dynamic objects inside Newton so that they still react with the other objects?

Thanks in advance

• if I move the layers in the AE comp....they will no longer interact with each other correct? Or am I misunderstanding your suggestion? I Was looking for a way to delay gravity within Newton so that objects still interact/bounce off each other.
  • like...have 75 percent of the objects move right away....but a couple objects fall a second later but still bounce off of and react to the other layers. Hope I am verbalizing this properly
  • Yep... just move the entire layer in the timeline so it start at the moment you want those object to fall.
    like...have 75 percent of the objects move right away....but a couple objects fall a second later but still bounce off of and react to the other layers. Hope I am verbalizing this properly

• Ahhhhh. I see now. Thank you!!

Ahhhhh. I see now. Thank you!!

• I'm new to newton,
    my work purchased it for me a while back but just started using it with a new version of after effects my company pushed out to us, and I'm having a render issue. No matter what I set the frame range to before exporting to a new comp from the newton interface, it will only render the first 25 frames when I open the new comp in AE. HELP!
  • Hi Briana,

You need to register it.
    You can do this by using aescripts manager app or by entering your serial number.

Cheers.
    Val.

I'm new to newton,
    my work purchased it for me a while back but just started using it with a new version of after effects my company pushed out to us, and I'm having a render issue. No matter what I set the frame range to before exporting to a new comp from the newton interface, it will only render the first 25 frames when I open the new comp in AE. HELP!

• I just started using Newton again.. as I have a project that could use it.  I thought something was wrong with my setup so I started a new scene and did 4 circles and a rectangle.  Animated the rectangle, but every time I go to open Newton, it just hangs.  Then finally it will open and I select a layer.. then hangs again.  I have a beast of a machine and the project itself doesn't have anything in it that should be a problem.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I have the latest 3.2 version.  Using AE 2019.  Windows 10, Intel Core i7-7820X 3.6 GHz, 64 gigs memory.. so my machine isn't the issue.  Like I said, this happens in my project and even in new projects on very simple timelines.
  • Hi Jamie,

Please open a support ticket so we can help you : https://aescripts.com/contact/

Cheers
    Val.
    I just started using Newton again.. as I have a project that could use it.  I thought something was wrong with my setup so I started a new scene and did 4 circles and a rectangle.  Animated the rectangle, but every time I go to open Newton, it just hangs.  Then finally it will open and I select a layer.. then hangs again.  I have a beast of a machine and the project itself doesn't have anything in it that should be a problem.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I have the latest 3.2 version.  Using AE 2019.  Windows 10, Intel Core i7-7820X 3.6 GHz, 64 gigs memory.. so my machine isn't the issue.  Like I said, this happens in my project and even in new projects on very simple timelines.

• Hi,

I've installed the plugin, however, when I go to open the program it stalls After Effects and I need to restart..  I don't see any help for this online.  Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.
  • Hi Sean,

Please open a support ticket so we can help you : https://aescripts.com/contact/

Cheers.
    Val
    Hi,

I've installed the plugin, however, when I go to open the program it stalls After Effects and I need to restart..  I don't see any help for this online.  Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.

• Feature request....  a  "LOCK LAST POSITION"
    It would be nice to be able to set a FINAL LOCATION for the specific object(s) to end up in a desired location/rotation. 

Basically have newton work backwards and do its math magic to allow me to end up with the predefined look.

Love this plugin.
    Cheers.
  • Thanks for your suggestion!

Feature request....  a  "LOCK LAST POSITION"
    It would be nice to be able to set a FINAL LOCATION for the specific object(s) to end up in a desired location/rotation. 

Basically have newton work backwards and do its math magic to allow me to end up with the predefined look.

Love this plugin.
    Cheers.

• Hi - I started having issues with Newton and the only thing I changed is that I added an EGPU - albeit I am not sure why it would affect anything..... but now I can't run any simulation because it starts and stops every frame and I have to wait minutes in between each one

• Hi, i want to know if there is a way to lock the rotation of a object to always LOOK AT an other object if the two have a distance joint between them? right now i have to do it with expressions after the simulation but if i was able to do it direct in newton will be awesome and save me a lot of time 
  • Unfortunately you cannot do that.
    Hi, i want to know if there is a way to lock the rotation of a object to always LOOK AT an other object if the two have a distance joint between them? right now i have to do it with expressions after the simulation but if i was able to do it direct in newton will be awesome and save me a lot of time 

• Hi - I'm trying to create some Jelly text using the blob joint. Is there a script to quickly create dot layers around the text so I can bring those into Newton?

I need the jelly blobs to bounce off each other, so I need to create a high density of dots and it takes too long doing it manually.

Thanks!
  • Crashes upon entering registration code.
  • Crashes upon entering registration code.

Please open a support ticket for technical assistance : https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Hello, I have just installed the plugin and when I arrive on my stage in Newton, I click on play, nothing happens. Every element is by default on Dynamic though, but nobody moves... I missed something?
  • Hello, I have just installed the plugin and when I arrive on my stage in Newton, I click on play, nothing happens. Every element is by default on Dynamic though, but nobody moves... I missed something?

Please open a support ticket for technical assistance : https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • How do I parent objects like native after effects? I know i can do this after using newton, but what if i need physics applied to them? thanks. 
  • Hi Greg

You have to use the joints system.
    If you use position joint, object won't rotate just like with parenting system in AE.
    And if you use pivot joint, object won't move just like with parenting system in AE.
    BUT if you use the piston joint and you check "Enable Limit".... you get what you're looking for ;)

Hope this helps!
    Val.
  • Question.  I have shapes falling into a morphing cup.  The cup is a shape layer and I am animation the path to change shape while the shapes fall into the into it.   When I open Newton the path animation is not showing up and it is static. Is this a capability in Newton?  I know you can bring in existing position, rotation, and scale keys...but what about Shape layer's path keyframes??  

• Hi Jacob,

Animated path are not supported in Newton3.

Cheers.
    Val.
    Question.  I have shapes falling into a morphing cup.  The cup is a shape layer and I am animation the path to change shape while the shapes fall into the into it.   When I open Newton the path animation is not showing up and it is static. Is this a capability in Newton?  I know you can bring in existing position, rotation, and scale keys...but what about Shape layer's path keyframes??  

• Newton 3 suddenly crashes on launch. No complex shapes, just text converted to shapes and seperated. How can I submit a error report/ support ticket?
  • For some reason it can't handle a "J" shape..
  • For some reason it can't handle a "J" shape..
    Hi Andreas!

Cheers.
    Val.
  • CS6 version please?
  • CS6 version please?
    No sorry.

• It doesn't work in AE 2021 for me. Is it normal? Do you prepare an update? 
  • It's not normal and Newton3 is fully compatible with AE 2021.
    Please open a support ticket explaining what your issue is.

Cheers.
    Val
    It doesn't work in AE 2021 for me. Is it normal? Do you prepare an update? 

• Hello, is it possible to create the “unraveling” effect on a neon sign that you see at :47 of this video: https://youtu.be/BaLHthRsqQk&t=0m47s - I know they could have possibly done this practically with a rope and the saber effect in post, but I’d like to make an animation like that (with a real sign in my town). Thanks, AR
  • Something like this? :)

Hello, is it possible to create the “unraveling” effect on a neon sign that you see at :47 of this video: https://youtu.be/BaLHthRsqQk&t=0m47s - I know they could have possibly done this practically with a rope and the saber effect in post, but I’d like to make an animation like that (with a real sign in my town). Thanks, AR

• Oh my, yes!! That’s perfect!! Any chance you can make a tutorial or steps or anything so that I can learn how to do it? Thanks!!! Pa you guys are awesome. I can’t believe it...
    Something like this? :)

Hello, is it possible to create the “unraveling” effect on a neon sign that you see at :47 of this video: https://youtu.be/BaLHthRsqQk&t=0m47s - I know they could have possibly done this practically with a rope and the saber effect in post, but I’d like to make an animation like that (with a real sign in my town). Thanks, AR

• The tutorial is on it's way :)
    Oh my, yes!! That’s perfect!! Any chance you can make a tutorial or steps or anything so that I can learn how to do it? Thanks!!! Pa you guys are awesome. I can’t believe it...

• Thank you so much!!
    The tutorial is on it's way :)
    Oh my, yes!! That’s perfect!! Any chance you can make a tutorial or steps or anything so that I can learn how to do it? Thanks!!! Pa you guys are awesome. I can’t believe it...

• Thank you so much!!
    The tutorial is on it's way :)

• Excellent plugin, but I often have a problem where as objects "push into" one another.  Is there a way to avoid this?