AE Pixel Sorter
  • Hey Gabriel.

Having an issue on some of my footage where the top left corner of the image is all that is previewed once the effect is applied.

Any idea why it's doing this?

Hi Taylor,
    this is the Demo behaviour. Once you register the plugin, the red cross will disappear and the plugin will process the entire image.
  • The effect seems to reset itself when sharing projects with a fellow designer. Not ideal when using the Pixel Sorter on 40 layers.
  • The effect seems to reset itself when sharing projects with a fellow designer. Not ideal when using the Pixel Sorter on 40 layers.

Hi Mike!

Sorry for hearing that. Please make sure you both use the same version of pixel sorter. It seems like there is a mismatch.

Hope that helps.

Gab
  • Hi,

I've purchased this product. 

It keeps crashing instantly when I try to move an adjustment layer with a mask and this plugin. I'm on Mac and it happens in AE CC 2015 and 2014.
    Has it been tested on Mac?

Thanks.
  • Hi Mio,

I'm sorry you have those crashes. Yes of course it has been tested, I actually developed it on a Mac. Can you please fill up a support ticket and send me more details about your machine? os version, cpu, ram, etc? I'd like to investigate this! Thank you for your time

Gab
  • Hi Mio,

I'm sorry you have those crashes. Yes of course it has been tested, I actually developed it on a Mac. Can you please fill up a support ticket and send me more details about your machine? os version, cpu, ram, etc? I'd like to investigate this! Thank you for your time

Gab
    Sure! How should I fill it up? Could you send me the link please?
  • Hi,
    it's in your account page, under "My tickets":
  • I just purchased the pixel sorter plugin, and now my after effects keeps crashing.  I'm on a iMac 3.5GHz Intel Core i7 running OS X (10.11.15) with Adobe After Effects CC 2015
  • BPG Admin said:

I just purchased the pixel sorter plugin, and now my after effects keeps crashing.  I'm on a iMac 3.5GHz Intel Core i7 running OS X (10.11.15) with Adobe After Effects CC 2015

Hi! Thanks for this info and sorry to hear that. I'll try to replicate this crash and solve it.
  • I was really excited to purchase this but every time I try to register it I get the following error mesages and a crash, any fix/workaround? http://imgur.com/a/lHgyH
  • Hi I have paid for the plugin, nut when I download there is no option for windows in the file folder only Mac, can you help me fix this please!
  • Hi I have paid for the plugin, nut when I download there is no option for windows in the file folder only Mac, can you help me fix this please!
    Hi James, Sorry for that, this is now fixed - just download it again. Apparently there was a problem with my upload of the latest version. Thanks !
  • hay i cant import the preset because it is an AEX file. after effects only reads ffx files. what do i do 
  • hay i cant import the preset because it is an AEX file. after effects only reads ffx files. what do i do 

Hi! This is a plugin and not a preset, you can install it by placing it in the "plugins" folder next to your AE installation. You can refer to the pdf included in the download package.

Gab
  • Tried the trail version and definitely liked it. Too bad there's no 16/32bpc support :(
  • I had some difficulties to register my version because the license code provided by aeScript wasn't good, but now that this plugin's installed, it works as it should and the fun can begin. I would recommend the product. 
  • I'm pretty mad right now. Can't register my copy, my licence code doesn't work and I need to finish my work today. Sucks big time (and don't even start me with the 16/32bpc compatibility). Please, fix this ASAP. For a free plugin I wouldn't mind but when I've got to put money I do not like that a bit.
    Hi Etienne, sorry you have an issue with the license, the best way to get it solved is to open a ticket within your account to aescript can answer, and they answer very fast. 

I think you can also try this app to register the plugin: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/

Give it a try and let me know! thanks

• They product work great but I have a question :
    How to reverse the effect direction from left to right ?

Hi! Thanks :)
    One way of doing is:
    1. Place a Distort > Transform effect BEFORE pixel sorter.
    2. Set the scale width to -100%, leave height to 100%.
    3. Duplicate this transform effect and place it after pixel sorter
    Hi! Thanks :) One way of doing is: 1. Place a Distort > Transform effect BEFORE pixel sorter. 2. Set the scale width to -100%, leave height to 100%. 3. Duplicate this transform effect and place it after pixel sorter
    I did as you said ... but still nothing happens
    What I want is the effect from left at (thershold) lets said 200 to (thershold) 40 to the right

Start the effect big from the left and disappear to the right
  • Hi, I have had the product for a while but it's recently stopped working on my Windows PC, I have followed the instructions as listed in the PDF, whenever I open it, it says I am on the trial again even though I have entered my code! Please get in touch as I would love to go back to using it!
  • Hi, I have had the product for a while but it's recently stopped working on my Windows PC, I have followed the instructions as listed in the PDF, whenever I open it, it says I am on the trial again even though I have entered my code! Please get in touch as I would love to go back to using it
    Please use our manager app to license it: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/
  • HI  
    Is there an effective way to mask this effect?  I'm trying to get the effect fromm only one side of an image/video
    I'm still getting bleeding from the edges of the screen
  • Hello Gabriel,

is it possible to register the product at my pc at work and later logout to use it at home on my mac?

• Hello Gabriel,

is it possible to register the product at my pc at work and later logout to use it at home on my mac?

The license allows for the software to be installed on up to two computers as long as they are not being used at the same time. If you need to install it on more than two computers or use them at the same time you will need additional licenses.
  • I have registered Pixel Sorter on my work computer, but since then have gotten a new computer. Is there anyway to unregister the product so I can put it on my other computer?
  • I have registered Pixel Sorter on my work computer, but since then have gotten a new computer. Is there anyway to unregister the product so I can put it on my other computer?

Yes, you can use our manager app to do it: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/

• HI  

Is there an effective way to mask this effect?  I'm trying to get the effect fromm only one side of an image/video
    I'm still getting bleeding from the edges of the screen
    Hi Brad! Thanks for your question, i've made a tutorial to explain that. I'll post the link in few hours
  • brad allen said:
    HI  
    Is there an effective way to mask this effect?  I'm trying to get the effect fromm only one side of an image/videoI'm still getting bleeding from the edges of the screen
    Hi Brad ! I just posted this new tutorial:

Have fun :)
  • Gabriel, 

Este plugin é apenas para versão Windows? Não existe para Mac? Obrigado.
  • Gabriel, 

Este plugin é apenas para versão Windows? Não existe para Mac? Obrigado.
    It is fully cross platform. If you are experiencing an issue please open a support ticket
  • Hi! I'm working with the registered plugin and when I export my project using media encoder it exports with a red x across the footage. What would be causing that?
  • test

Hi! I'm working with the registered plugin and when I export my project using media encoder it exports with a red x across the footage. What would be causing that?
    Hi mohamed, please try using aescript's plugin manager app to license the product. let me know if it solves the problem. you can also fill a support ticket in your account page to give me more details about your configuration. thanks!
  • In AE 2018 Pixel Sorter somehow does not work with the preview when I apply it to a composition. It works when I render it out but in my preview window the effect does not display. This makes it basically unusable. Anybody else has this problem?
  • In AE 2018 Pixel Sorter somehow does not work with the preview when I apply it to a composition. It works when I render it out but in my preview window the effect does not display. This makes it basically unusable. Anybody else has this problem?

hi Benjamin. by the preview window do you mean the small window on top of the project's items list?
  • No, I mean the RAM-Preview in the composition window. I cannot see anything the effect does, when applied to a composition. It works when I render it out via media encoder but working with it in AE is basically flying blind.
  • No, I mean the RAM-Preview in the composition window. I cannot see anything the effect does, when applied to a composition. It works when I render it out via media encoder but working with it in AE is basically flying blind.
    please open a support ticket so we can look into this. you mentionned it happens sometimes? can you check first clear your cache/purge memory, cause it seems to me it's a caching issue, there is no reason it would produce a different output 
  • Need to quickly render out a clip. License is lost somehow. No internet on system. Manual input of license requires internet -> that sucks.
  • Need to quickly render out a clip. License is lost somehow. No internet on system. Manual input of license requires internet -> that sucks.
    Please refer to this FAQ for license-related assistance:  https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/license-code-faq/

If you still need assistance, please open a support ticket  so we are best able to assist you.
  • my animation renders through aftereffects but when I want to render an mp4 through adobe media encoder the effect is no longer visible. Do i need to buy the render-only license as well?
  • my animation renders through aftereffects but when I want to render an mp4 through adobe media encoder the effect is no longer visible. Do i need to buy the render-only license as well?
    No, it should work in AME. Can you try installing the plugin in the MediaCore folder instead of the AE plugins folder?

Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins
    Mac: /Library/Application support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/
    No, it should work in AME. Can you try installing the plugin in the MediaCore folder instead of the AE plugins folder?

Still not working unfortunately.

Still not working unfortunately.
    please open a support ticket 
  • hello is there a new installation process for cc2018 ? the pdf is for cc2015
    mike d
  • hello is there a new installation process for cc2018 ? the pdf is for cc2015
    mike d

Installation is the same. You can also use our manager app to install: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/
  • Still not working unfortunately.
    please open a support ticket 
    ok got it ..AE didnt load the first time
    thanks!
  • We are looking for 12 licenses. Does it make more sense to purchase floating licenses or node locked. If we buy 12 node locked is it just a enterprise serial number? Or 12 unique serials? Also can we convert node locked licenses to floating licenses if we decide to change our licenses methodology?
  • We are looking for 12 licenses. Does it make more sense to purchase floating licenses or node locked. If we buy 12 node locked is it just a enterprise serial number? Or 12 unique serials? Also can we convert node locked licenses to floating licenses if we decide to change our licenses methodology?
    Most enterprise users go for the Floating licenses for ease of deployment as well as the extra flexibility. Please note that the Single User license is stored in the user account and needs to be licensed on each user account that it is being used.