• Ecal Mid said:
    Very nice plugin! With lots of features 
    Glad you like it! And some more features coming soon :-)

Cheers,
    François
  • I was wondering if there is any way Boa could support Shape layers?
    Very often one needs the procedural workflow that is only possible with shape layers. Combining this with the world of Boa would be of great help and could really open up for further effects that would otherwise not be possible.

Cheers,
    Franck :)

• I was wondering if there is any way Boa could support Shape layers?
    Very often one needs the procedural workflow that is only possible with shape layers. Combining this with the world of Boa would be of great help and could really open up for further effects that would otherwise not be possible.

Cheers,
    Franck :)

Hi,

the only way I can see to use Shape Layers would be to link a mask path to a shape layer's path via expressions... But I guess this is not the worflow you expect.

Sorry, no good news here.

Cheers,
    François
  • $70 is not much if this works with M1-max. Can you confirm that? thanks
  • $70 is not much if this works with M1-max. Can you confirm that? thanks
    Hi,

Boa is now compatible with M1 chips. The best is to give it a try on your side before purchasing, so you're 100% sure it works as expected.
    The trial is free and the only limitation is a watermark.

Have fun!
    François
  • My Boa comes up with a an error symbol in the Effect Control panel with this warning: 
    "This effect may slow down Preview and Export as it is not optimized for multiframe rendering." Is there something i can do to fix this?

It also comes up with a large static X across me entire comp and has all kinds of glitching happening. Im clearly doing something wrong here
  • My Boa comes up with a an error symbol in the Effect Control panel with this warning: 
    "This effect may slow down Preview and Export as it is not optimized for multiframe rendering." Is there something i can do to fix this?

It also comes up with a large static X across me entire comp and has all kinds of glitching happening. Im clearly doing something wrong here
    Hi,

you can't remove the warning, because Boa doesn't use Multiframe Rendering. But the good news is it's totally harmless.

About the large X, this is the trial watermark. It will disappear once you register : https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-register-plugins/

Cheers,
    François
  • Hello, I love this plugin - it's amazing. I have an issue where I have a fish comp following a basic curvy path but when the path turns, the fish flips upside down (logically following the path). Is there a way to have the fish flip the right way up when it does a turn? Thanks! 
  • The new version's ability to respect 3D scenes is a life saver!  One issue I noticed though is that Z position appears to be working backwards.  Positive values bring it closer to the camera and negative values push it further away. edit: for clarity, I'm referring to the 3D Geometry Position and Anchor point.
  • The new version's ability to respect 3D scenes is a life saver!  One issue I noticed though is that Z position appears to be working backwards.  Positive values bring it closer to the camera and negative values push it further away. edit: for clarity, I'm referring to the 3D Geometry Position and Anchor point.
    Hi!

Thanks for reporting, I'll fix it as soon as possible.

Cheers,
    François
  • Hello, I love this plugin - it's amazing. I have an issue where I have a fish comp following a basic curvy path but when the path turns, the fish flips upside down (logically following the path). Is there a way to have the fish flip the right way up when it does a turn? Thanks! 
    Hi!

there are different ways to deal with this case. You can:
    -play with the twist parameter(s)
    -give your path a 3rd dimension so your layer flips in 3D.
    -play with the source scale parameter (give a negative value)

To get finer control, you can also have 2 instances of Boa using the same path, one with the front face, the other with the backface, and play with the Reveal parameters and / or opacity.

Cheers,
    François
  • Is there any way to bake out the shapes after? To export to lottie perhaps.Thanks!
  • Is there any way to bake out the shapes after? To export to lottie perhaps.Thanks!
    Hi,

you can only render via AE and the render queue (or Media encoder).

Cheers,
    François
  • Hello, can you update the plugin to work in 8K? Thank you :) 
  • Hello, can you update the plugin to work in 8K? Thank you :) 
    Hi,

unfortunately, the plugin depends on your GPU capabilities... If it doesn't allow safe use of 8K textures, there's nothing I can do on my side.
    The best work around in this case is to split your layer so that each part is 'only' 4K.

Cheers,
    François
  • Hi, I've just started using the plugin BAO, and it works amazing, but I have a few problems. 

The first problem I encountered was that there is a constant grey shape at the top right corner of the project layer fo BAO and I have to mask it in the main composition. Is there a way for the bar to leave ro is it something that I did wrong?

THe second problem is that when I export in media encoder in H.264, the solid color appears instead of rendering the shape that follows the path I drew in the solid color. Again, is this something that I don't understand about the plugin?

• Hi, I've just started using the plugin BAO, and it works amazing, but I have a few problems. 

The first problem I encountered was that there is a constant grey shape at the top right corner of the project layer fo BAO and I have to mask it in the main composition. Is there a way for the bar to leave ro is it something that I did wrong?

THe second problem is that when I export in media encoder in H.264, the solid color appears instead of rendering the shape that follows the path I drew in the solid color. Again, is this something that I don't understand about the plugin?

Hi!

If Media Encoder doesn't render properly, it's probably because AE and ME's versions don't match. Just make sure Boa is installed in the right folder and it should fix it.

For your first issue (the grey shape in the corner), I can't tell you... Can you open a support ticket and send me your project?

Cheers,
    François
  • i’m trying to warp along a closed path so the layer goes in a continuous loop. is this possible? in the trial it’s giving me a hard cut in the layer instead of continuously looping.
  • i’m trying to warp along a closed path so the layer goes in a continuous loop. is this possible? in the trial it’s giving me a hard cut in the layer instead of continuously looping.
    Hi,

there's no limitation in the trial, so the issue doesn't come from this.
    You should be able to make a continuous loop. Can you open a support ticket and send me your project?
    I'll take a look...

Cheers,
    François
  • I can't get the extrusion to work. I've got a mask that's the same shape as the texture I'm animating, but the option to extrude the texture remains grayed out. I can't find any help online for this, either. Is there a manual for this plugin?
  • I can't get the extrusion to work. I've got a mask that's the same shape as the texture I'm animating, but the option to extrude the texture remains grayed out. I can't find any help online for this, either. Is there a manual for this plugin?
    Hi,

you need to turn the camera mode to 3D (in the 3D geometry section) before using extrusion.
    If it still doesn't work, please open a support ticket and send me your project, I'll have a look.

Cheers,
    François
  • I love this plugin but my render times are crazy long as it doesnt support Multiframe rendering! Will the plugin be updated to suport this any time soon?

Cheers
    Keith
  • I love this plugin but my render times are crazy long as it doesnt support Multiframe rendering! Will the plugin be updated to suport this any time soon?

Cheers
    Keith
    Hi,

glad you like the plugin. I'll try my best, but MFR will take some time. Boa runs on GPU, which makes it very responsive, but not really 'multi thread friendly'...
    But I'll work on it.

Cheers,
    François
  • When I go to render all that shows up in the rendered file is the solid color. How do I fix this?