• Will there be any support for importing objects as Solids instead of nulls?
  • can you go back to C4D? AE to C4D?
  • Hi Lasse,

Awesome looking product! Just a quick question.
    Does this script handle animated objects / cameras that have adjusted curves? E.g. easing etc.
    AE's Cineware plugin never handled that well, and I always had to resort back to the old method using .aec files and CC 2014. Or baking the animation which was not optimal.
  • Does it also work with camera rigs(a camera that is controlled via a couple of nulls)? As it's (lokal) position data doesn't change, it required some work around to get this to work

Thanks
    So far, this is not planned. However, it might be something for the future, I had this on my list.
  • can you go back to C4D? AE to C4D?
    Nope. Sorry, if that is misleading.
     It has it's name because of the old AEC-Way to export Nulls.
  • Hi Lasse,

Awesome looking product! Just a quick question.
    Does this script handle animated objects / cameras that have adjusted curves? E.g. easing etc.
    AE's Cineware plugin never handled that well, and I always had to resort back to the old method using .aec files and CC 2014. Or baking the animation which was not optimal.
    Yep, that works!
    AEC4D bakes any PSR parameter, if it is not static.
    You can also send me a Test-Scene and I can take a look at your example, to make sure?

feed (at) lasseclausen.com
  • Does it also work with camera rigs(a camera that is controlled via a couple of nulls)? As it's (lokal) position data doesn't change, it required some work around to get this to work

Thanks
    Yes it does!
    It transfers always the global position data.. Camera morphing etc. also just works!
    So far, this is not planned. However, it might be something for the future, I had this on my list.
    What is it exactly you want to achieve with this..?

• What is the purpose of simply transferring nulls?  I know you can parent stuff to nulls in AE, but am I missing a bigger picture?  Does your script merely avoid the need to create compositing tags?
  • What is the purpose of simply transferring nulls?  I know you can parent stuff to nulls in AE, but am I missing a bigger picture?  Does your script merely avoid the need to create compositing tags?

Before AEC4D, it was only possible to export an *.aec-file, or use the cineware-effect/importing c4d-files to extract 3D data out of it. Both slow and sometimes cumbersome processes... This Plugin skips that whole process and gives you essentially a one-click-solution.

• I just downloaded it and its not working. Ae has nothing in it. Using C4d r18 and ae 2017. just a simple cube and camera, used the bring into active comp feature and nothing happends. Is there anything I have to do with prefs in ae in c4d? Was hoping to get null data from particles for work in ae
  • I just downloaded it and its not working. Ae has nothing in it. Using C4d r18 and ae 2017. just a simple cube and camera, used the bring into active comp feature and nothing happends. Is there anything I have to do with prefs in ae in c4d? Was hoping to get null data from particles for work in ae
    good question. i'd love to know about particle data as well. x-particles in particular!
  • I have the same problem as Casey Vigushin. Its not working. Using  C4D and AE 2017.
    Could you please open a support ticket, so we can help you directly:

Thanks, Lasse
  • I have the same problem as Casey Vigushin. Its not working. Using  C4D and AE 2017.
    Sorry to hear, could you please open a support ticket, so we can help you directly:
    good question. i'd love to know about particle data as well. x-particles in particular!
    What is it exactly you want to transfer..?
    One random particle, one specific particle or all particles!?
    Cheers, Lasse

• this is useful - as it was a pain to constantly load the AEC file way for new positional data. 

but this seems to only work for smaller scenes, with bigger scenes -adding a camera and data on the first click works fine, (although still Slow as AEC with spinning wheel of doom for a few minutes) but If i want to add more positional data via a null or anything else using shift click i get the error 'unable to execute script line at 9.no matching closing brace found'

Michael

• this is useful - as it was a pain to constantly load the AEC file way for new positional data. 

but this seems to only work for smaller scenes, with bigger scenes -adding a camera and data on the first click works fine, (although still Slow as AEC with spinning wheel of doom for a few minutes) but If i want to add more positional data via a null or anything else using shift click i get the error 'unable to execute script line at 9.no matching closing brace found'

Michael

Thanks Michael, I've found the issue that causes this..! Will post a new version as soon as possible..!!

Michael

Thanks Michael, I've found the issue that causes this..! Will post a new version as soon as possible..!!
    Fast work! thanks.
  • AEC4D v1.01  (Current version)  -  Jun 23, 2017
    Fixed a issue when using shift to import into active comp. ('unable to execute script line at 9.no matching closing brace found')

Let me know if that fixed the issue for you!

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Here is a little xpresso-setup, for everyone that is interested in how to follow an X-Particle per Index.
  • Does it work with exporting Xpresso controlled cameras? Cineware never seemed to import those properly.

Also are there limitations to how many objects you can transfer?

Thanks
  • Does it work with exporting Xpresso controlled cameras? Cineware never seemed to import those properly.

Also are there limitations to how many objects you can transfer?

Thanks
    Yes, it does! AEC4D always uses the global coordinates of it's objects! Xpresso controlled cameras, even camera morphs are no problem!

There is no limit to the amount of objects.
    However, depending on the duration + amount of objects, the export tends to get slower...
    ( Have a look at my Dynamics-Test. Export-Time for Camera + 27 Cubes at around 7 sec. )

• Hello!

Thanks for this script. I try to get animated null object from cloner with spring delay effect. But it doesn`t record animation for this cloner. Any solutions?

https://yadi.sk/d/hDop5_Wg3KR8zE
  • I'm just a hobbyist, so please excuse my ignorance, but what is the point in only being able to export nulls if my objective is to export and composite actual 3D objects and animations from C4D into AE compositions? If AEC4D can't do that, what is the best way to do it working with AE CS6?

Thanks
  • erman fil said:
    Hello!

Thanks for this script. I try to get animated null object from cloner with spring delay effect. But it doesn`t record animation for this cloner. Any solutions?

https://yadi.sk/d/hDop5_Wg3KR8zE
    Hi erman,
    first of all you have to make sure to follow one of your cubes with a null, as your cloner itself has no psr movement at all. It's all stored within the clones. So, there are different ways to do this, but I can recommend you the following Script/Preset by Per Anders:

I did a quick test myself, and it seems to work fine, even without baking the object first..!
    You only have to make sure to tick "Evaluate Caches" on..!

Hope it helps,
    Lasse
  • I'm just a hobbyist, so please excuse my ignorance, but what is the point in only being able to export nulls if my objective is to export and composite actual 3D objects and animations from C4D into AE compositions? If AEC4D can't do that, what is the best way to do it working with AE CS6?

Thanks
    Hi James,

it's a pretty important step to be able to follow certain movements (with solids/adjustment layers or text), being able to fake lights and to have the camera-data within After Effects for a convenient compositing.

But if you're talking about having actual 3D-Objects inside of After Effects, you'd probably want to check out Element from Video-Copilot.

Bests,
    Lasse

• If you have the problem, that none of your objects show up in After-Effects, you probably have no write permission for your plugins directory.

In that case, use your plugins directory in your preferences folder... like this:

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • AEC4D v1.01  (Current version)  -  Jun 23, 2017
    Fixed a issue when using shift to import into active comp. ('unable to execute script line at 9.no matching closing brace found')

Let me know if that fixed the issue for you!

Cheers,
    Lasse
    Seems to have fixed the error, thanks alot.

Michael
  • I tried the trial. If the orientation of the objects was correct, then I would definitely buy it. Will you do anything with this? image
  • leon leo said:
    I tried the trial. If the orientation of the objects was correct, then I would definitely buy it. Will you do anything with this? 
    Thanks, leon!
    That's right! The Axis is what will be exported and is in most cases the right thing!
    If you change the orientation, the Axis will always stay the same, try it for yourself... BUT, this means for exporting planes with the right rotation if the orientation has changed, it will require some additional code to end up with the right rotation in After Effects...
    For now, use the -Z Orientation and rotate your plane via the rotation R.H/R.P/R.B parameters, to have the same rotation in After Effects as in C4D.

I'll see this as a feature request, and will defintely keep this in mind for one of the next versions!

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • I did some tests with the trail and it worked pretty well even when working with camera rigs which is amazing.

But I'm curious how to get the focus distance from C4d into AFX as it seems to only transfer Pos, Rot and Zoom values over.
  • I did some tests with the trail and it worked pretty well even when working with camera rigs which is amazing.

But I'm curious how to get the focus distance from C4d into AFX as it seems to only transfer Pos, Rot and Zoom values over.
    You're totally right, great idea!
    In fact, I'm already working on a v1.02 where it will be implemented!!!
    Thank you for your input!

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • does it work with colors and materials on objects too? 
  • That little video showing to install in the c4d prefs plugins folder instead works! Thanks Lasse. Maybe make that the default install instruction? Cant wait to use this with lights on splines.
  • Hello! The matter is that I did not change orientation. You can create the plane, transfer it to polymesh , duplicate, rotate, and orientation in after-fx will be wrong. You think that I will purchase your plug-in for work with 2-5 planes, no. And the turn Z-coordinates is not an option because on the first plane there is Z coordinate, and on the second - to twist the coordinate of X. And what if I have more 100 planes? I hope when you make updating, you will sell to me at a discount? This discount has already passed almost.))) Thanks
  • leon leo said:
    Hello! The matter is that I did not change orientation. You can create the plane, transfer it to polymesh , duplicate, rotate, and orientation in after-fx will be wrong. You think that I will purchase your plug-in for work with 2-5 planes, no. And the turn Z-coordinates is not an option because on the first plane there is Z coordinate, and on the second - to twist the coordinate of X. And what if I have more 100 planes? I hope when you make updating, you will sell to me at a discount? This discount has already passed almost.))) Thanks
    I'm sorry leon,
    what you're saying is not exactly true and is probably misleading for others. If what you're saying is true, none of these planes would end up with the right rotation in after effects...

If you are not satisfied with the plugin or don't see the advantages, please don't buy it. If you already did, I'll be happy to give you a refund.

Bests,
    Lasse
  • That little video showing to install in the c4d prefs plugins folder instead works! Thanks Lasse. Maybe make that the default install instruction? Cant wait to use this with lights on splines.
    You're right, Jason! It's probably the safest way to install, for all customers! Hope you enjoy AEC4D!

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • does it work with colors and materials on objects too? 
    No, I'm sorry... It's main purpose is to get the PSR-Data out of C4D.

BUT, in the next version you'll have the Option "Add as Solid (with Colors)", this will take the Objects-Display-Color and add it to the Solid in After-Effects.

Cheers,
    Lasse

• leon leo said:
    Hello! The matter is that I did not change orientation. You can create the plane, transfer it to polymesh , duplicate, rotate, and orientation in after-fx will be wrong. You think that I will purchase your plug-in for work with 2-5 planes, no. And the turn Z-coordinates is not an option because on the first plane there is Z coordinate, and on the second - to twist the coordinate of X. And what if I have more 100 planes? I hope when you make updating, you will sell to me at a discount? This discount has already passed almost.))) Thanks
    I'm sorry leon,
    what you're saying is not exactly true and is probably misleading for others. If what you're saying is true, none of these planes would end up with the right rotation in after effects...

If you are not satisfied with the plugin or don't see the advantages, please don't buy it. If you already did, I'll be happy to give you a refund.

Bests,
    Lasse
    Dear Lasse Klausen. Really works, I did not know that it was necessary in Cinema 4d to turn Z axis. Really it is worth buying. Thanks. I apologize.
  • Really cool that you already added the focus distance option to the feature list. Is there a way to also get the values over to AE if we use the focus object in the camera? Right now it only exports the starting value but doesn't see the changing values.

A workaround for now might be to use the focus object picker to sample the object that needs to be in focus, clear the field, set a keyframe for the value, go to the next point of the animation and repeat the steps until the end of the animation. Which might work but can be pretty timeconsuming and be not to acurate if you use something like the vibrate tag.

Any chance to also get some of the Lights Options from C4d over to AFX? Like intensity and the color?

I did some additional test and noticed that the HPB values are slightly different when compared to the Rot X,Y,Z values in AFX. But it totally looks right to me in the viewport. Are those values calculated slightly differently in the apps, which needs to be corrected/adjusted during the transfer process?
  • Just wanted to say this is the best $10 I've spent all year. This has made my working life so much easier thank you for building it!!
  • Really cool that you already added the focus distance option to the feature list. Is there a way to also get the values over to AE if we use the focus object in the camera? Right now it only exports the starting value but doesn't see the changing values.

A workaround for now might be to use the focus object picker to sample the object that needs to be in focus, clear the field, set a keyframe for the value, go to the next point of the animation and repeat the steps until the end of the animation. Which might work but can be pretty timeconsuming and be not to acurate if you use something like the vibrate tag.

Any chance to also get some of the Lights Options from C4d over to AFX? Like intensity and the color?

I did some additional test and noticed that the HPB values are slightly different when compared to the Rot X,Y,Z values in AFX. But it totally looks right to me in the viewport. Are those values calculated slightly differently in the apps, which needs to be corrected/adjusted during the transfer process?
    Thank you for your Feedback, Pascal!
    Yes, right now the Focus-Distance only works if you use keyframes... unfortunately C4D "locks" the values if you set a target object, which makes it hard to write those values out, I've tried that, but haven't found a good solution yet... Sorry!

Light Intensity and Color is a good point, and should be easy to implement..! Will try to add the support for the next version!

And yes, C4D and AE deal with different rotations, the values will be converted during export.

Bests,
    Lasse
  • Just wanted to say this is the best $10 I've spent all year. This has made my working life so much easier thank you for building it!!
    Great to hear, Jessica!
    Happy to help!

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Wow already on v1.03 :-) and it works like charm.
    I have to admit that at first I was sceptical why we would need another C4d2Ae Bridge but after having worked with the plug in I must say that it should be bundled with C4d in addition to Cineware. It makes sending data over so fluent and allows for experimenting a lot more. Cinema now feels like the 3d space Afx should have by now. Great work.

Maybe it would be possible to also add the shadow and light type settings in a future version. Mainly for Spotlights (targeted ones in particular) as I always find it tricky to adjust it's spot angle in AFX.
  • Maybe it would be possible to also add the shadow and light type settings in a future version. Mainly for Spotlights (targeted ones in particular) as I always find it tricky to adjust it's spot angle in AFX.
    Thanks for the nice words, Pascal!!!
    You'll probably like what you see next... :)

( BTW - to match the brightness of the lights from C4D, the values needs to be multiplicated by 2.. Is it rather good to have the exact values as in C4D (100% -> 100%), or match the brightness? (100% -> 200%))

• That looks great :)
    ( BTW - to match the brightness of the lights from C4D, the values needs to be multiplicated by 2.. Is it rather good to have the exact values as in C4D (100% -> 100%), or match the brightness? (100% -> 200%))

I would say match the brightness as it what an artist might expect when he/she just looks at the viewport.

I have one more small request. How about the f-stop? I mean it's not a big deal to set it in AFX but would save a few seconds I guess.
  • Any plans to make project oriented tutorial to support this script? I'm new to Cinema 4D, so I haven't developed a C4D to AE workflow yet. I bought this AEC4D the day it came out just in case I might need it in the future. I get the gist (to some degree) from the overview video but would love to see a full project created using the script. Hope to see more... Thanks!
  • 太棒了这个插件~~~Awesome this plugin ~ ~perfect~!!