• Is there a way to tell text delay to not look at the layer's parent position keyframes? 

Hi Tim

Unfortunately this isn't possible. 
  • Per word doesn't work in 2020, and I'm missing Tracking, and Motion Blur in the UI.  
    Hi Craig

Per word should be working if the separation threshold is tweaked, could you please show me a screenshot of your result?

Sorry for that confusion regarding the UI, we've updated the product page to show the new UI. Motion blur is now inbuilt.
  • I'm updating an old project with the original TextDelay plugin. The color of the text was split - half was red, half white. When I apply the new TextDelay 1.5 it doesn't seem to honor multiple text colors. Is this a bug? Or a fix for this? Can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Hi Howey

Apologies for the 10 month late response. Now that TextDelay is internally rendering the text, multiple colours are not supported unfortunately. v1.3 can still be downloaded from the product page if you're working with multiple colours. 
  • Per "word" mode isn't working for me in AE 2020 for some reason.  Tried re-installing/licensing.   Using 1.5.3.  
    Hi Anthony

Could you please try the v1.6 update? I can confirm per word is working in 2020 on this version. 
  • Hello there! Lovely plugin! Thank you.

So I just applied it to a text body one color and there seems to be a glitch in color that occurs during animation. Is there a way to fix this?
  • I think I may have solved the issue by just using your color selector in the plugin :D
  • I think I may have solved the issue by just using your color selector in the plugin :D
    Hi Alisa
    Yes that's the intended usage, glad you resolved the issue :D
  • I'm also noticing some softening (noticeable when paired against text that doesn't have TextDelay on) on the v1.6.1 in AE2021
  • I'm also noticing some softening (noticeable when paired against text that doesn't have TextDelay on) on the v1.6.1 in AE2021
    Hi Daniel

In v1.5 and newer TextDelay is now rendering the text internally which has many advantages, but is unfortunately a bit soft. I can suggest using an older version of the plugin (v1.3) which doesn't render it's own text, it instead uses the text layer itself which will result in a sharper result. It has a few other drawbacks, but should hopefully suit your purpose of clear text. You can find it in the additional downloads of the TextDelay product page. If you experience any issues, please submit a support ticket so we can assist you further.
  • Is there way to text delay keyframed opacity that is already placed on the transform dropdown from text layer? Reason is that I am combining KeyFast which auto keyframes postion, scale, and opacity, and your Text Delay plugin for faster text animations. If there is could you point me to a tutorial. Thank you.
  • Is there way to text delay keyframed opacity that is already placed on the transform dropdown from text layer? Reason is that I am combining KeyFast which auto keyframes postion, scale, and opacity, and your Text Delay plugin for faster text animations. If there is could you point me to a tutorial. Thank you.
    Hi Miguel
    The TextDelay opacity slider must be keyframed to delay opacity. I was going to suggest linking the TD opacity slider to the layer's opacity, but then I realised if the layer opacity is 0 it won't matter because the layer will be invisible :( Hope that helps. 
  • Hi James

Thanks for making my life a breeze by creating this amazing plugin! (And great to see another Aussie doing proud work in the world of animation!)
    Quick q - Looks like if I have TextDelay on, I can't add stroke to the text? Stupidly a crucial part to my current job.
    Would you be able to help with that please?

Thank you!
  • Hi James

Thanks for making my life a breeze by creating this amazing plugin! (And great to see another Aussie doing proud work in the world of animation!)
    Quick q - Looks like if I have TextDelay on, I can't add stroke to the text? Stupidly a crucial part to my current job.

Thank you!
    Hi Robin

Thanks for your comment. Adding a stroke has been something I'd had on my todo list for a while so finally added it after your comment reminded me of it. Let me know how you go :D
  • Hi James

Thank you!
    Hi Robin

Thanks for your comment. Adding a stroke has been something I'd had on my todo list for a while so finally added it after your comment reminded me of it. Let me know how you go :D
    Oh wow!!! Thanks legend, downloading now!!
  • I'm not happy with the character style settings. If you have multicolour text (say two or three words are coloured differently for emphasis) it either flickers or is overridden. Would be good if the style settings could be disabled somehow.
  • I'm not happy with the character style settings. If you have multicolour text (say two or three words are coloured differently for emphasis) it either flickers or is overridden. Would be good if the style settings could be disabled somehow.
    Hi Till
    If the text flickers, it's likely that the auto source text option is sampling different colours at different frames. The solid fill option inside TextDelay would need to be used, but this brings up the problem that your text is no longer multi-colored like the original. This is a limiation that can't be overcome as the AESDK offers no functionality to get color for each character/word. I apologise for this, and have added it to the page description under limitations. If you'd like to refund your copy of TD just send a support ticket. 
  • Hi there,
    I can't seem to find the option for making a text group bounce like it shows in the gif, where would I find that?
    Thanks!
  • Hi there,
    I can't seem to find the option for making a text group bounce like it shows in the gif, where would I find that?
    Thanks!
    Hi Andrew, have replied to your ticket. Incase anyone else is wondering, that was using TD and Ease & Wizz :)
  • Hello there,
    I'm using AfterEffects CC 2014 and when I apply TextDelay to a text layer, the text disappears.
    TextDelay version is 1.7.4.

I have verified this with CC2018 and later versions and it works fine.
    This may be a CC2014 specific issue.
    Can you fix this problem?
    Thank you,
  • Hello there,
    I'm using AfterEffects CC 2014 and when I apply TextDelay to a text layer, the text disappears.
    TextDelay version is 1.7.4.

I have verified this with CC2018 and later versions and it works fine.
    This may be a CC2014 specific issue.
    Can you fix this problem?
    Thank you,
    Hi Taiki

Apologies for this issue. The reason is that v1.5 and newer are now compatible with parented transforms, this was introduced in the 2017 SDK and so are only compatible in AE 2018 and newer. I will now update the documentation and product page to explicitly mention this. If you'd like to use AE 2014, you'll need to use TextDelay v1.3 which is available to download at the bottom of the product page. That is compatible back to CS6. If you need any further assistance please open a support ticket and I'll be in touch there. 
  • Hi,

When I apply the TextDelay effect, sometimes it blurs a little bit the type, overall the borders / antialising.

Can you fix this? I try to fix it applying to the layer a "sharp effect" but it doesn't seems like the original type.

Thanks!

• Hello,

I've been using TextDelay for a long time and had limited issues, but now I'm noticing that on a UHD sequence, the effect does not apply. Works great on 1080p, but the same sequence in UHD disables the effect. Is this a known issue? I'm using the latest AE 2022 on W10.

Thanks!
  • Hello,

I've been using TextDelay for a long time and had limited issues, but now I'm noticing that on a UHD sequence, the effect does not apply. Works great on 1080p, but the same sequence in UHD disables the effect. Is this a known issue? I'm using the latest AE 2022 on W10.

Thanks!
    Hi Alex

It should work at 4k. If it's not appearing, perhaps it is a memory issue. I would firstly recommend checking your're on the latest version and if it's still not rendering, could you please open a support ticket so we can investigate?
  • Hey! 
    On my laptop, type displays as several masks intersecting. For example where the crossbar and the strokes of the letter A meet, there will be empty space. 
    This does not happen on my desktop machine. 
    I've only seen this happen with the Montserrat typeface (Free from Google fonts) but am wondering if it's a Textdelay Issue or a different version of the font...

• Hey! 
    On my laptop, type displays as several masks intersecting. For example where the crossbar and the strokes of the letter A meet, there will be empty space. 
    This does not happen on my desktop machine. 
    I've only seen this happen with the Montserrat typeface (Free from Google fonts) but am wondering if it's a Textdelay Issue or a different version of the font...

Hi Andrew

Interesting, could you please send me a .aep via support ticket so I can investigate?
  • Hello, 

I'm having trouble copying the text with TextDelay on. I've prepared a template comp, and when I import it and want to copy the text layer outside of its saved comp, the effect doesn't work. The effect is still on the text, separation shows the separate letters correctly, so I don't know what's wrong, but it means I can't reuse the duplicated text. My AE is up to date, as well as the plugin, so I'm assuming it's a bug? 
  • Having an issue in AE 2023 where TextDelay functions as expected, but once if it is nested in a precomp with 'collapse transformations' applied, the effect totally breaks. 
  • Honestly, this plugin is convenient WHEN it works, but my God has it given me so much grief and in the end it's just not worth the grueling pain.

From flickering text, to not being able to properly display countless fonts, or symbols, to not keeping the same settings when switching to a different computer, to not being able to get the delay to do exactly what I want, to receiving a never ending nightmare of "licensing" error messages.

I have completely stopped using it a long time ago, but now that I am working on an old project that did use the plugin it claims it is running in trial mode because I have a single user license and another computer is using the license... well, that's just simply not true.

I have deactivated the license multiple times on the other computer. I have uninstalled the plugin multiple times. I have even tried to logout of the AE Scripts app multiple times. Yet it STILL gives me this error message.

Even with this error message if I put in my license key then the plugin works which goes to show that it's broken. Why would the license key work if it was a single user license issue?

All in all, I highly recommend that people do not buy this plugin.

You're simply better off keyframing everything anyway. You'll get better results, it will make you a better animator, you will get more control over you're final animation, and other mograph artists you work with or pass projects off to will be very thankful.
  • There seems to be holes in some fonts like Lexend Deca, the capital E for example will have a box cut out near the middle part, like an overlaping mask