• Nice one!!! Would be cool to add an option that also opens the current c4d-file in ae, when switching over to ae. So it will integrate the cineware workflow.
  • Nice one!!! Would be cool to add an option that also opens the current c4d-file in ae, when switching over to ae. So it will integrate the cineware workflow.
    Hi Uwe! Glad you like it, I don't use the cineware workflow anymore, but I guess It would be nice to have "Import active Document" in the Shift-Click Menu of the AE-Logo. I'll see what I can do for the next update!

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Hi Lasse-

Are we able to import cloned nulls (i.e. Cloner -> Nulls) into AE with AEC4DPro?  I have tried a few times to import a cloner with 10-20 nulls, have checked 'Bake Mograph', chosen 'Children' on the external compositing tag, but am only able to get a single object into AE. 

If I use the AEC workflow, I am able to place an external compositing tag on the cloner, tick 'Children', and then I get all the nulls. Let me know if this is possible with AEC4DPro- thanks!

Adam
  • Hi Lasse-

Are we able to import cloned nulls (i.e. Cloner -> Nulls) into AE with AEC4DPro?  I have tried a few times to import a cloner with 10-20 nulls, have checked 'Bake Mograph', chosen 'Children' on the external compositing tag, but am only able to get a single object into AE. 

If I use the AEC workflow, I am able to place an external compositing tag on the cloner, tick 'Children', and then I get all the nulls. Let me know if this is possible with AEC4DPro- thanks!

Adam
    Hi Adam,

I'm using the following Preset (MographToNulls_Python.c4d) for that:
    https://github.com/lasselauch/c4d-presets

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
    Lasse

• Hi Lasse-

Adam
    Hi Adam,

I'm using the following Preset (MographToNulls_Python.c4d) for that:
    https://github.com/lasselauch/c4d-presets

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
    Lasse

Thanks Lasse- are there any additional instructions for using this?  I'm having a hard time getting it to work on my end, not sure if I am setting it up correctly.
  • You just have to copy the downloaded file into your current Project and select the Python-Tag of the Null-Object (MographToNulls). In the Python-Tag you can drag and drop your Cloner or Matrix-Object and it will automatically generate Nulls from the Cloner.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Hi
    first time trying this plugin, which i heard is amazing.
    im trying to transfer my camera from C4d using this plugin to AE and im getting the first 15 frames only. how can i solve it?
  • Ran Levi said:
    Hi
    first time trying this plugin, which i heard is amazing.
    im trying to transfer my camera from C4d using this plugin to AE and im getting the first 15 frames only. how can i solve it?

Hi Ran Levi, make sure you've activated your license. This is the Trial-Limitation you're talking about... If you're still having troubles, just "Deactivate License" and "Install License" in the "License Settings" and restart C4D. Hope it helps. Cheers, Lasse
  • Salve volevo sapere se è compatibile con v-ray di c4d

mille grazie
  • Salve volevo sapere se è compatibile con v-ray di c4d

mille grazie
    Hi Giuseppe, AEC4D-Pro is compatible with every renderengine, as it has nothing to do with rendering whatsoever. Importing Footage will also work as long as you rendered image-sequences...

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • vogliamo acquistare il programma , ma abbiamo una domanda , il vostro programma lavora con i take di c4d?

mille grazie
  • vogliamo acquistare il programma , ma abbiamo una domanda , il vostro programma lavora con i take di c4d?

mille grazie
    Hi Guiseppe, yes it does. Feel free to use the trial-version first, and see if it'll fit your needs.

Thanks,
    Lasse
  • Hi! When i transfer objects or reload it in after effects, after effects window get out from maximized state. Can it be fixed? Windows 10, AE 2019, Cinema4D R20
  • Have you any news on R21 version?

Thanks!

Lance

Thanks!

Lance
    Second this.

Thanks!

Lance
    Second this.
    Are you guys having any troubles? AEC4D-PRO does work with R21..!
  • Hi Lasse!

Yes, does seem to be working.  Might want to update compatibility info (still only goes to R20).

Thanks!

Lance
  • Hi Lasse!

Yes, does seem to be working.  Might want to update compatibility info (still only goes to R20).

Thanks!

Lance
    Yep, currently not possible to change that in the backend. I will notify Lloyd!

*Edit* Added R21 to Compatiblity Info!
  • Ed None said:
    Hi! When i transfer objects or reload it in after effects, after effects window get out from maximized state. Can it be fixed? Windows 10, AE 2019, Cinema4D R20
    Hi Ed, this is sadly a Windows behavior when you call Ae from a command it will bring it to the front with the last size and ignore it’s maximized size.
    Resize the Ae window by dragging the edges of the app or CTRL+\ instead of dragging it to the top of screen.
  • Export only 15 frames of animation. Nice update/
  • why nulls exports as shape layers? back nulls to nulls
  • Hi ramonkarlos Yu,

please have a look at the settings and disable "Add as Shape-Layer".

• Hi,

I am seeing jitter on text layers in AE that are locked to AEC4D camera. But only if motion blur is on.  Is there some easy answer for this?
  • Hi,

I am seeing jitter on text layers in AE that are locked to AEC4D camera. But only if motion blur is on.  Is there some easy answer for this?
    Hi Lance,

which version are you using..? Can you please open a support ticket and send me your files..? Thanks.
  • 1.0.4  I opened a support ticket and sent example files.
  • Hmm... I could not get resolution on jittering via support.  My case just seemed to get dropped.

Is anyone else seeing this. I am using R21. 
    Some other guys on Mograph slack seemed to imply this was common.

• Hmm... I could not get resolution on jittering via support.  My case just seemed to get dropped.

Hi Lance,

sorry to hear you're still having troubles.

Please try one last thing: In After Effects go into your Preferences -> General -> Default Spatial Interpolation to Linear and make sure it is marked!

Thanks,
    Lasse
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-12 um 09.23.04.png
    218 x 26 - 10K
  • Hi Lasse,

a great plugin and real timesaver. As it is really annoying in AfterEffects to work with small values and the DOF is far from reality, would it be possible to implement some sort of scene scale in the preferences? It would merely be a multiplaction of a scalefactor to every value in the scene while exporting. As I am mostly working on packshots the scale of the products is very small and the camera is very close to them, so when I try to move stuff in AfterEffects it's really tedius as the cursor jumps miles with the slightest mouse movement. A scale option would be fantastic.

Cheers,
    Philipp

• zeit raum said:
    Hi Lasse,

a great plugin and real timesaver. As it is really annoying in AfterEffects to work with small values and the DOF is far from reality, would it be possible to implement some sort of scene scale in the preferences? It would merely be a multiplaction of a scalefactor to every value in the scene while exporting. As I am mostly working on packshots the scale of the products is very small and the camera is very close to them, so when I try to move stuff in AfterEffects it's really tedius as the cursor jumps miles with the slightest mouse movement. A scale option would be fantastic.

Cheers,
    Philipp

Hi Philipp,

that's a neat idea!
    Can you open a support ticket and send me a scenefile to play around with..?

Thanks,
    Lasse

• Hi Lasse

Thank you for the quick turnaround to help me fix my problem with my plane orientation.

Hi Lance,

sorry to hear you're still having troubles.

Please try one last thing: In After Effects go into your Preferences -> General -> Default Spatial Interpolation to Linear and make sure it is marked!

Thanks,
    Lasse
    It was off-- I will test in new config.  Thanks!
  • Hi Lasse

what is this error.. 
    [CINEMA 4D Studio - Can't open Hyperfile to write.]

This error occurred. Nothing works.
  • Hi Lasse

what is this error.. 
    [CINEMA 4D Studio - Can't open Hyperfile to write.]

This error occurred. Nothing works.

Hi ansu, there is a problem with writing temporary files on your system. Please open a support ticket and send me your specs and where and how you installed the plugin. Thanks, Lasse
  • No matter how many times you do, the data will not be transferred from cienama4d to AfterEffects.

AfterEffects opens, but no data is migrated.

• Does it not do the morph camera? Doesn't seem to work here.
    JG
  • Does it not do the morph camera? Doesn't seem to work here.
    JG
    Hi James,

Morph Cameras are no problem. AEC4D PRO will always bake your global psr data. No need to prebake or for any other techniques. In some cases you might want to tick "Bake Mograph" to really bake some additional caches like delay effector, xpresso calculations or other stuff.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Hi Lasse,

I just noticed that when I try to export the MographToNulls_Python.c4d to Ae the animation doesn't come across to AE. 
    That is in R21 to AE 2020 on MacOs 10.15. Could be any of these three :)

I can bake the to Alembic to get it to work. It's just that its is a bit messy. Thought you'd might like to know.
    Super-helpful otherwise, 

Thanks!

Coen
  • Hi Lasse,

I just noticed that when I try to export the MographToNulls_Python.c4d to Ae the animation doesn't come across to AE. 
    That is in R21 to AE 2020 on MacOs 10.15. Could be any of these three :)

I can bake the to Alembic to get it to work. It's just that its is a bit messy. Thought you'd might like to know.
    Super-helpful otherwise, 

Thanks!

Coen
    Hi Coen,

there's no need to bake the animation, you probably just need to tick "Bake Mograph" within the Settings!

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Hi Lasse,

Sorry for the late response. Totally overlooked that, works like a charm :)

Thanks!!!

• There is a problem with my computer system. After reinstalling the system, the license cannot be activated. I do n’t know what to do.

• There is a problem with my computer system. After reinstalling the system, the license cannot be activated. I do n’t know what to do.
    Hi FEWICE visual,

please open a support ticket. Make sure to select AEC4D PRO as product:

• Why is this soooo slow? It's taking almost 30 minutes to export 9 nulls and a camera from a 720 frame animation.

• Why is this soooo slow? It's taking almost 30 minutes to export 9 nulls and a camera from a 720 frame animation.
    Hi Mark,

sorry to hear you're having troubles! Please open a support-ticket and send me your scene, so I can investigate further.

BTW - Sometimes it helps to put your exported Objects on a Layer and solo that, if you're scene is getting slow in the viewport.

Thanks,
    Lasse
  • Hello Lasse,

I'm having a problem with offset Y Cinema camera and a cropped layer in AE. Seems like with offset effect applied by AEC4D layer is cropped due get out field of view of after effect camera. 

How I can solve this problem?
  • i want to know if this is compatible with c4d R22?
    Hi Adrian,

yes it is!

Cheers,
    Lasse
    Hi Adrian,

yes it is!

Cheers,
    Lasse
    Thank you, i bought it. 
  • GAME CHANGER!!!!!! THANK YOU, I LOVE IT!!!!! life was so tedious before, I was exhausted before I could get creative with all the back and forth! 

• If I buy this plugin, is it not a monthly payment, but is it permanently available?