• support any language?
    Yes!
    The latest update fixed some issues with unicode and international characters...

Feel free to download the trial and test it on your end.

Cheers,
    Lasse
    I test it but it didn't work. C4D R25 Cineses language
  • Hi, this was working well but seems to be hanging when exporting to AE 2022
  • Hi, this was working well but seems to be hanging when exporting to AE 2022
    Hi Steven,

please open a support ticket if you’re still experiencing any issues!

Thanks,
    Lasse
  • After purchase, press video operation, cannot be sent to AE to automatically establish COMP  
    • AE 2021, 2020 have been tried, no reaction, it is very painful

• After purchase, press video operation, cannot be sent to AE to automatically establish COMP  
    • AE 2021, 2020 have been tried, no reaction, it is very painful

Hi wang qiang,

please open a support ticket and attach a screenshot of your Python Console (Shift+F10) if you’re still experiencing any issues! 

Thanks,
    Lasse
  • Im having a problem when I export to AE. The anchor point of the shape of the external comp tag is always in the upper left corner even though I have it set at center
  • Im having a problem when I export to AE. The anchor point of the shape of the external comp tag is always in the upper left corner even though I have it set at center
    Hi John,

just make sure to check "Anchor Point to Center" within the Settings.

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Followed the manual installation instructions for R23 and nothing shows up in R23. WHERE in R23 is this supposed to be found? Extensions menu?
    Also tried the preferences plugin folder but this also did not load.
    Read the gitbook, it just says to put it in there. So what could be wrong??

• Followed the manual installation instructions for R23 and nothing shows up in R23. WHERE in R23 is this supposed to be found? Extensions menu?
    Also tried the preferences plugin folder but this also did not load.
    Read the gitbook, it just says to put it in there. So what could be wrong??

Hi James,

that sounds weird. Yes, it should appear in the Extension menu...
    Please open a support ticket and attach a screenshot of your Python Console (Shift+F10) if you’re still experiencing any issues! 

Thanks,
    Lasse
  • Will this add R26 compatibility? :)
  • Will this add R26 compatibility? :)
    Yes, AEC4D-PRO works with the latest C4D-Version!
  • Hey Is there a way to output a camera morph? Does'nt seem to work for me. 
    Would baking the morph camera first work? How would I do that? Many thanks!
  • Hey Is there a way to output a camera morph? Does'nt seem to work for me. 
    Would baking the morph camera first work? How would I do that? Many thanks!
    Hi Tim,
    yes this works out of the box. There's no need to bake the camera first.
    AEC4D-PRO will always bake the global PSR data.

Please open a support ticket and attach a simple scene file, if you’re still experiencing any issues!

Thanks,
    Lasse
  • It sure does! 
    That was my bad.
    Thanks!
  • Great tool! Can you make the same tool for transfer solid, shapes, camera and text from AE to C4D? :)
  • Hi, how can i send my redshift lights? it dosent detect them, Thanks! 
  • Hi, I'm getting the following error when trying to send anything over from C4D to AE:

After Effects warning: Attempt was made to run a second script while another script was already running. Second script was not run. Try launching AE with the -ro or -so flag to override this behavior.  

AE 2022 - C4D R24 - Windows 10

Pls advise.

Thanks. 
  • Hi, I'm getting the following error when trying to send anything over from C4D to AE:

After Effects warning: Attempt was made to run a second script while another script was already running. Second script was not run. Try launching AE with the -ro or -so flag to override this behavior.  

AE 2022 - C4D R24 - Windows 10

Pls advise.

Thanks. 

Hi Joe,

this error means that another script/plugin that is already running is blocking the execution of AEC4DPRO.

Most likely a script or plugin that is residing within your layout...

Please try the standard layout first without any plugins and run the export from C4D.
    If that doesn't fix the problem you probably have to remove all external plugins and and see one after another which one is the causing the error.

Let me know if that helps to track down the error.

Cheers,
    Lasse

• Black screen in AE after pushing the Export button. Are there any settings I have missed?

AE 2022 | C4D R25
  • Bought the paid version as MoGraph cannot be tested in trial version. Cannot make it work no matter what I try. Please supply some simple tutorials that we can reproduce. Just to understand what can be done and maybe what limitations there are (and to see if your plugin is at least working)...

Tested with 
    MoGraph Cloner (simplest setup with some cubes, simple effector, 1 random field)
    MoText (same as above but animated linear field)
    Matrix Object
    MoGraph simple effector (move x) applied to Objects "Deformation->Objects"

Win10 (fresh install), R21, AE2022
  • Hi there,

Can we expect a C4D 2023 update?

Thanks!
  • Hi there,

Can we expect a C4D 2023 update?

Thanks!
    Hi Jes,

C4D 2023 is already supported!

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Hi, Im using AEC4D- PRO_v1.1 and c4d R25 and No matter where I put the path, I also tried just the default without direct it to a path. I cannot import sequences or passes. Its always greyed out and says no sequences found> Can you please let me know if there is something I can do to get this to work? They are all greyed out. No stills found, No sequences found No textures found
    Thanks

• Andre Sam said:
    Hi, Im using AEC4D- PRO_v1.1 and c4d R25 and No matter where I put the path, I also tried just the default without direct it to a path. I cannot import sequences or passes. Its always greyed out and says no sequences found> Can you please let me know if there is something I can do to get this to work? They are all greyed out. No stills found, No sequences found No textures found
    Thanks

Hi Andre,

you're right! While adding the new project-scale option we've introduced a small bug within the UI, sorry about that.

It is fixed now and you can download the latest version.

#### v1.11 (Current Version)
    - [ Fixed ] UI Issues for Footage-Import

Thanks,
    Lasse

• For example, I made a simple plane fracturing animation in C4D. I want to import the animation information of these small fragments into AE to break one picture(only one picture). Can your plugin do that? Do I still need to parenting each fragment?
  • Can AEC4D- PRO export object as AE solid layer?
  • Hello! This is a friggin awesome plugin but I just have a quick question - will it always display objects as rectangles in AE? I've been trying to import a sphere, but it keeps displaying as a rectangle...Text works fine, but other types of spline seem to have the same 'rectangular' issue. Is there a workaround for this? Keeping my fingers crossed as that would make this plugin lifechanging for my work! :)
  • I've transferred a camera match scene with an rs camera to ae. Aec4d Pro adds an offset layer that transposes the camera so it matches with the footage, but that's also causing layers to be cut off. How can I get rid of the adjustment layer whilst keeping the correct position?
  • In 2023.1, the plugin doesn't recognize the updated RS Camera as a camera. If I manually drag it to the AEC4D-PRO window it sees it as a shape layer to transfer, not a camera. I'm using version 1.11 of the plugin (according to the aescripts installer app). Is this just my case or is this something a general issue that's being addressed?
  • In 2023.1, the plugin doesn't recognize the updated RS Camera as a camera. If I manually drag it to the AEC4D-PRO window it sees it as a shape layer to transfer, not a camera. I'm using version 1.11 of the plugin (according to the aescripts installer app). Is this just my case or is this something a general issue that's being addressed?
    i have the same problem, what can we do??? please 
    i have the same problem, what can we do??? please 
    YES! Help!! pretty please :D

Hej! Thanks for reaching out! Yes, I’m aware of this issue. I’ll have to update the plugin, but I’m currently on parental leave and have very little time if none at all to do so. :) However, I’ll try to get this sorted out as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience.
  • Cinema 2023.1, AE2023, regular cams, but they wont transfer Position, only rotation. Any idea why? I have read that you are on parent time - congratulations, Lasse :) Anyway, I just wanted to make sure the same thing is meant.
  • Noseman discovered if i place a standard camera under my RS camera, zero out the transforms, and make sure the focal depth is the same, it will transfer over. tada!  It's kind of a pain, but at least a workaround until it can be fixed!
  • Noseman discovered if i place a standard camera under my RS camera, zero out the transforms, and make sure the focal depth is the same, it will transfer over. tada!  It's kind of a pain, but at least a workaround until it can be fixed!
    I mean, its pretty obvious, isnt that first thing anyone tries?
  • I get this issue with normal AE and Beta version: "Enable to execute script line 14. Expected: ) "

• great plugin! would love an option to export from Ae to C4d
  • I've updated to the latest v14 (running C4D 2023 + AE 2023) and I'm still getting no animation (0.0.0) on cameras or nulls. 
    Please help? (I've created a ticket)
    Love the plugin have been using it for years and really speeds up my workflow...
  • I've updated to the latest v14 (running C4D 2023 + AE 2023) and I'm still getting no animation (0.0.0) on cameras or nulls. 
    Please help? (I've created a ticket)
    Love the plugin have been using it for years and really speeds up my workflow...

• Deleting APPData/Local/Temp files resolved my issue 
  • Is AE2C4D Pro accessible through Python? I'm trying to write a script that uses the plugin without bringing up the C4D gui. I'm working with a template, and I'd like to export a set of objects as Nulls for a bunch of .c4d files. Is that possible?

I'm also wondering if this can export to a self-contained .aep file instead of opening After Effects.
  • Bought the paid version as MoGraph cannot be tested in trial version. Cannot make it work no matter what I try. Please supply some simple tutorials that we can reproduce. Just to understand what can be done and maybe what limitations there are (and to see if your plugin is at least working)...

Tested with 
    MoGraph Cloner (simplest setup with some cubes, simple effector, 1 random field)
    MoText (same as above but animated linear field)
    Matrix Object
    MoGraph simple effector (move x) applied to Objects "Deformation->Objects"

Win10 (fresh install), R21, AE2022
    Same problem, did you figure this out? Driving me crazy...
  • Lasse!
    Any timeline on a 2024-compatible version of AEC4D Pro?
    Can't seem to get 1.14 to show up there.
    (Thanks for this incredible core workflow plugin!)
    Cheers,

rt
  • Lasse!
    Cheers,

rt
    Hi Ryan, 
    AEC4D Pro is compatible with 2024(!)

aescripts just hasn't updated the compatibility for 2024, though. Please install it manually for now.

Cheers,
    Lasse 
  • Lasse!
    Cheers,

rt
    Hi Ryan, 
    AEC4D Pro is compatible with 2024(!)

aescripts just hasn't updated the compatibility for 2024, though. Please install it manually for now.

Cheers,
    Lasse 
    Copy - Thank you!
    For others facing a similar issue as me (unable to get 1.14 to appear in 2024), my issue stemmed from copying a pre-R23 version into 2024; The manual download includes separate versions for R17-22, and R23+.
    Thanks, Lasse!
  • Hi Lasse,
    I've come across a bug, I think.
    Please forgive me for posting here and not support tickets.

The Bug in 2 parts:
    1. When exporting Markers, Not all Timeline markers get named.
    2. When exporting a preview range that does not start at 0, The exported Markers do not correspond. (Explanation below...)
    #2 Explaination:
    - Let's say I have an initial Preview Range from 0 - 300.
    - I also have Timeline Markers at frames 60, 96, 144.
    - If I now set my Preview range to start at frame 96, then export to AE. 
    - The comp that is created in AE is the correct preview range (205 frames), however, the Markers in the comp start from frame 0. Where I should have a marker at frame 0 (previously frame 96) and frame 48 (previously 144), instead I have markers at frames 60, 96, 144.

It is my guess that this could be because the newly created AE comp's Comp Setting > Frame Start is set to frame 0 rather than frame 96. But that's just a guess.
    As for the marker naming issue, This didn't used to happen. My guess is that Adobe changed something.

Thanks for your excellent plugin. I use it all the time and recommend it to everyone.
    Keep up the good work,
    - Jason
  • Hi Lasse,

I think this is my most used Plugin of all time :) Really using it every day in all of my projects.
    On Idea that came to my mind, which would be suprer helpful, is to be able to transfer f.e. only position data to AE. Or only Rotation.

AE is becoming super slow when adding all the unecassary keyframes. 
    I know there is a PSR option, but woul it be possible to get a choice for POS, ROT, Scale ?

Also, another suggestion would be to change the replacement function. Instead of replaceing frame by frame, one could delete the existing Layer and add a new one.
    THis is only for speed improvements, because AE is often crashing when updating 15 Layers f.e. all with the uneccasary keyframes i already mentioned.

Just a thought
  • Hi!

I have a problem with AEC4D Pro.
    All in all it works fine, but I have to tell it after every C4d start to use a certain AE Version. 
    Otherwise it always opens the beta Version of AE. 
    It seems, it does not remember my decision. OSX Version 13.6.1 (22G313) , latest version of c4d & AE.

Any ideas how I can solve that?

Thans, Christof 
  • Hi!

All in all it works fine, but I have to tell it after every C4d start to use a certain AE Version. 
    It seems, it does not remember my decision. OSX Version 13.6.1 (22G313) , latest version of c4d & AE.

Thans, Christof 
    Hi Christof,

I'm not able to reproduce this issue on macOS 13.5.2 (22G91) with latests versions and beta's installed. Can you please open a support ticket to further track down the issue.

Thanks,
    Lasse
  • Hi!

Thans, Christof 
    Hi Christof,

I'm not able to reproduce this issue on macOS 13.5.2 (22G91) with latests versions and beta's installed. Can you please open a support ticket to further track down the issue.

Thanks,
    Lasse
    OK, will do!
    Thanks,
    Christof

• hello!
    I don't know why I export a rotating plane in Ae it have all rotation axis inverted or wrong.
    thanks a lot
    Giuseppe