• If I buy this plugin, is it not a monthly payment, but is it permanently available?
    Hi yongjun lee,

yes, it is permanently available and you'll have a lifetime license, if you want to say so... and you can download it and have support, as long as this site is maintained and active.. :)

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Can you tell me what floating license is? And if I buy a single user license, can I only have one per account?
  • When I say Cinema 4D/After Effects, I say AEC4D Pro. 99,9% of my C4D/AE projects involve this plugin, I cannot imagine an easier workflow without it!

It would be amazing if you could add a feature exporting also User Data from an object to a slider of the very same exported object in After Effects. (A Null object with a User Data containing a noise value -> null object in After Effects with a baked slider control applied to it).
  • When I say Cinema 4D/After Effects, I say AEC4D Pro. 99,9% of my C4D/AE projects involve this plugin, I cannot imagine an easier workflow without it!

It would be amazing if you could add a feature exporting also User Data from an object to a slider of the very same exported object in After Effects. (A Null object with a User Data containing a noise value -> null object in After Effects with a baked slider control applied to it).
    Thanks for the kind words, Emil!

I will put that on the list, thanks for your input!

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Hi, can you make it work with R15?
  • Having an issue where sometimes the plugin wont show in the Extensions list...have to restart C4D as many times as it takes to get the plugin to show in the menu.

I've tried removing the plugin and reinstalling, but issue remains.

Any ideas?

Running latest plugin version on C4D S22.118
  • Tim Villa said:
    Having an issue where sometimes the plugin wont show in the Extensions list...have to restart C4D as many times as it takes to get the plugin to show in the menu.

I've tried removing the plugin and reinstalling, but issue remains.

Any ideas?

Running latest plugin version on C4D S22.118

Hi Tim, thanks you for using AEC4D-PRO! Please open up a support ticket and give some further details on your system and I will help you out..!! Cheers, Lasse
  • Love this plugin, it's a real improvement on the workflow. Just wanted to report a couple of bugs.

Making selections in the plugin window could be improved. Right now I can't use shift click to select multiple elements. Using shift makes a selection from the bottom up the list, which is not the intention.

Also, noticed that cameras imported from the plugin have slightly different values vs importing the c4d file to AE directly and extracting there (previously baking in c4d of course) - this affects motion blur at least in the instance where i'm using it and the blur is incorrect for some reason.

Happy to chat more about this if needed
  • Love this plugin, it's a real improvement on the workflow. Just wanted to report a couple of bugs.

Making selections in the plugin window could be improved. Right now I can't use shift click to select multiple elements. Using shift makes a selection from the bottom up the list, which is not the intention.

Also, noticed that cameras imported from the plugin have slightly different values vs importing the c4d file to AE directly and extracting there (previously baking in c4d of course) - this affects motion blur at least in the instance where i'm using it and the blur is incorrect for some reason.

Happy to chat more about this if needed

Hi Jesus,
    thanks for your feedback! I’m always looking to improve the plugin, so thanks for your input!
    I know about the issue with selections in the overview, it’s sadly a limitation with c4d’s treeview, so it’s not an easy fix, I guess.
    I’m happy to chat about the issues regarding motion-blur, I know this was a problem in earlier version, but that should be fixed. Please open a support ticket and send me an example scene so I can investigate any further!!!
    Thanks for your time!
    Cheers, Lasse
  • No worky in R23 =( 
    Windows 10
  • No worky in R23 =( 
    Windows 10

It does! :)
    Please download the latest version and follow the installation instructions:
    https://aec4d.gitbook.io/docs/how-to-install
    Cheers, Lasse

• No worky in R23 =( 
    Windows 10

It does! :)
    Please download the latest version and follow the installation instructions:
    Cheers, Lasse
    My bad... Copied an older version from previous C4D. Works great. Thanks for the great Plugin.
  • Hi Lasse,

There are workarounds but wondering if you have considered the extra functionality of bringing in mulit-layer EXR's and auto apply the appropriate effects ect.... wanna build this plugin for fusion/davinci as well?

Cheers
  • Hi, love the plugin!

Conforming that there is some sort of conflict between AEC4D (latest) and Nitro4d's NitroBoxTool in R23.   Having AEC4D installed slows interaction down to a crawl in Nitrobox tool, making it unusable.

Not sure if the fault is AEC4D or NitroBoxTool but was hoping that you might take a look if possible.

Thanks,

Lance
  • Hi, love the plugin!

Conforming that there is some sort of conflict between AEC4D (latest) and Nitro4d's NitroBoxTool in R23.   Having AEC4D installed slows interaction down to a crawl in Nitrobox tool, making it unusable.

Not sure if the fault is AEC4D or NitroBoxTool but was hoping that you might take a look if possible.

Thanks,

Lance

Sorry about this Lance,
    but as it turned out, the issues are with NitroBoxTool and also some Cineversity plugins which are not quite ready for R23 yet.
  • Hello, I am interest in this tool that looks really great but I'd like to confirm something before buying. I am looking for a way to bring back C4D cameras rigs in AE, typically some basic combinaision of cameras attached to animated nulls. With the cineware method it is a mess, always shifting and never match... Will it work smoothly with AEC4D ? Thanks 
  • Hello, I am interest in this tool that looks really great but I'd like to confirm something before buying. I am looking for a way to bring back C4D cameras rigs in AE, typically some basic combinaision of cameras attached to animated nulls. With the cineware method it is a mess, always shifting and never match... Will it work smoothly with AEC4D ? Thanks 
    Hi Mathieu,

it most definitely will, as it transfers the global/world PSR from any object!

Feel free to download the trial and try it for yourself...!

Thanks,
    Lasse
  • Hey,

AEC4D PRO 1.06 - no show in R23.
    MacOS 10.13.6

• Hey,

AEC4D PRO 1.06 - no show in R23.
    MacOS 10.13.6

Hi Tobias,

the system requirements for R23 are macOS 10.14.6 or higher:

Sadly there's nothing I can do about it... :(

Cheers,
    Lasse

• Not Pro version Not work in r23 Windows 10
  • Lex FX said:
    Not Pro version Not work in r23 Windows 10
    Not true. Please open a Support Ticket if you encounter any problems and we'll help you out.

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Testing this plugin out but i can't get it to export anything to AE.
    : / 
  • I just tried to export several cloners using the plugin but it does not export the children. 
    I checked the Bake Mograph option, 
    I checked the Children option in the External Compositing tag, 
    I baked the animations of the cloners using a MoGraph Cache tag...
    It simply does not work: only the root of the cloners are exported, not the children...

I'm working in C4D R21.207 & AE CC 17.6.0 on Win Pro 10

Please advice.

• Testing this plugin out but i can't get it to export anything to AE.
    : / 
    You're exporting the selected Object only, which works as expected.

If you have any further issues or question please open a support ticket.

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • I just tried to export several cloners using the plugin but it does not export the children. 
    I checked the Bake Mograph option, 
    I checked the Children option in the External Compositing tag, 
    I baked the animations of the cloners using a MoGraph Cache tag...
    It simply does not work: only the root of the cloners are exported, not the children...

I'm working in C4D R21.207 & AE CC 17.6.0 on Win Pro 10

Please advice.

Hi Koen,

I’m using the following preset to export nulls from a cloner and/or matrix-object:

It’s a little workaround but works actually pretty well. I’ll try to implement a build-in behavior for the upcoming version.

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Just a quick message to say that AEC4D is one of the greatest tools ever created!  I am thankful for it every time I use it.  Thanks Lasse!
  • Does work with octane render texture and materials to after effects?
  • How do I tell AEC4D Pro which version AE to use?

When I click export to active comp, instead of sending the layers to the currently active comp in AE2021, it force opens AE2020 and gives me the error that there is no active comp.
    Any tips?
    (I should note that yes, I do unfortunately need AE20 and 21 at the moment)
  • How do I tell AEC4D Pro which version AE to use?

When I click export to active comp, instead of sending the layers to the currently active comp in AE2021, it force opens AE2020 and gives me the error that there is no active comp.
    Any tips?
    (I should note that yes, I do unfortunately need AE20 and 21 at the moment)
    Hi Tim,
    sure you can.

Just go into the Settings and change via the dropdown the version to your liking...

https://aec4d.gitbook.io/docs/aec4d-pro/settings#path-to-after-effects

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Hey Lasse,

I guess it's needless to say that your plugin is brilliant and a must-have. In fact, I'm using it on almost all of my projects, which brings me to my main question: Is there going to be an update to make the plugin work on C4D S24? I copied the files but it doesn't show up in the plugins list.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Csaba
  • Hey Lasse,

I guess it's needless to say that your plugin is brilliant and a must-have. In fact, I'm using it on almost all of my projects, which brings me to my main question: Is there going to be an update to make the plugin work on C4D S24? I copied the files but it doesn't show up in the plugins list.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Csaba
    Hi Csaba,
    thanks for the kind words and thanks for using AEC4DPRO!

S24 is already supported. Just copy the "AEC4D-PRO" folder from within the "R23+" folder !!! into your plugins folder.

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • hello, Cinema 4d R23 does not work, the plugin is from R23 +. after fx 2020 and 2021.  Before R20 everything worked

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/Rwsk-G17lxUD2A
  • I have been using it for many years, but this time it does not work with CINEMA 4DR24.

I was able to confirm the display of the plug-in. But,
    Cannot import to After Effects.

I'm in trouble!

• I have been using it for many years, but this time it does not work with CINEMA 4DR24.

I was able to confirm the display of the plug-in. But,
    Cannot import to After Effects.

I'm in trouble!

Hi Naoki Suzuki,
    please open a support ticket and send through some screenshots of C4D's console and which folder you put into the plugins folder.

Thanks,
    Lasse
  • leon leo said:
    hello, Cinema 4d R23 does not work, the plugin is from R23 +. after fx 2020 and 2021.  Before R20 everything worked

Hi leon leo,
    please open a support ticket and send through some screenshots of C4D's console and which folder you put into the plugins folder.

Thanks,
    Lasse
  • Does this export from AE to C4D?
  • leon leo said:
    hello, Cinema 4d R23 does not work, the plugin is from R23 +. after fx 2020 and 2021.  Before R20 everything worked

Hi leon leo,

Thanks,
    Lasse
    Fantastic, I was going to open a support ticket, but it worked. Perhaps it was necessary to reboot. The plugin is very necessary for work. Idea for improvement, is it possible to load calculated passes in after fx right away with correct order and overlay ???
  • Hey there, I tried using this in conjunction with your python script mograph to nulls. In Cinema4D mograph to nulls works perfectly but when I''ve used this with AEC4D no keyframe data seems to get brought into the shape layers? Otherwise, love the plugin thank you very much!
  • Hey there, I tried using this in conjunction with your python script mograph to nulls. In Cinema4D mograph to nulls works perfectly but when I''ve used this with AEC4D no keyframe data seems to get brought into the shape layers? Otherwise, love the plugin thank you very much!
    Hi Daniel,

you need to make sure that "Bake Mograph" is enabled!
  • Any plans on updating this to work on R24?
  • Any plans on updating this to work on R24?
    Hi Jesus,

the latest version of AEC4D PRO is already supporting Python 3, therefore it is indeed working with R24.

If you're still running into problems, please, open a support ticket.

Thanks,
    Lasse
  • Hello,

I cannot get this working in S24 either. I'm on 1.06 and its copied in the plugins folder C:\Program Files\Maxon Cinema 4D R24\plugins\AEC4D-PRO

It doesnt show up.

Works find in R21.

Please help!

Thanks
  • Hi David, please have a look at: https://aec4d.gitbook.io/docs/how-to-install You probably just have to use the folder from within the R23+ subdirectory! Cheers, Lasse
    Hello,

I cannot get this working in S24 either. I'm on 1.06 and its copied in the plugins folder C:\Program Files\Maxon Cinema 4D R24\plugins\AEC4D-PRO

It doesnt show up.

Works find in R21.

Please help!

Thanks

• Thank you. I have it working now but I had to manually download it from the 'try' section and copy the files out of the 23 folder. If you update via aescripts download manager, it didn't work.
  • unable to execute script at line 19: unterminated string constant
    AE (18.4.0) throws an error
    Cinema 4d 24.111
    Cinema 4d 24.111
    Hi Evgeniy,

thanks for your feedback! Please open a support ticket so I can investigate further:

- Which language are you using on your system?
    - Are any unicode characters involved..?

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • It says the update if for R25, you mean R24 right? :) Thanks for this little gem!
    Cinema 4d 24.111
    Hi Evgeniy,

thanks for your feedback! Please open a support ticket so I can investigate further:

- Which language are you using on your system?
    - Are any unicode characters involved..?

Cheers,
    Lasse
    I get an error at line 14. R20 AE 2021
  • support any language?
  • support any language?
    Yes!
    The latest update fixed some issues with unicode and international characters...

Feel free to download the trial and test it on your end.

Cheers,
    Lasse