ExpressionUniversalizer 4
  • Hello .. I bought 2.5 a while back.. Can I upgrade to 4 with a discount?
    thank you.
    Rob
  • Rob Bach said:
    Hello .. I bought 2.5 a while back.. Can I upgrade to 4 with a discount?
    thank you.
    Rob

Upgrade details here: https://aescripts.com/expressionuniversalizer/#upgrade-notice
  • Is the trial version fully working? Whenever I run the ExpressionUniversalizer in trial mode, I get this message: "Finito! Universalized 0 effect references".
    But my project is full of color linking expressions like this:
    comp("_StyleControl").layer("ColorAndStyle").effect("Stroke Color")("Farbe")

I'll buy the full license when I'm sure it works for me.
  • De Hoe said:
    Is the trial version fully working? Whenever I run the ExpressionUniversalizer in trial mode, I get this message: "Finito! Universalized 0 effect references".

I have a similar issue. I am trying to translate the effect "Advanced Lighting" to French AE and it just doesn't change anything. Still appears as "Advanced Lighting" when the French version of that effect is "Eclairs élaborés". I am manually going through and just changing it to the actual effect and property index value, but I purchased this script to avoid doing this.

Am I doing something inccorect? I just hit the universalize button for the entire project. 
  • De Hoe said:
    Is the trial version fully working? Whenever I run the ExpressionUniversalizer in trial mode, I get this message: "Finito! Universalized 0 effect references".

I have a similar issue. I am trying to translate the effect "Advanced Lighting" to French AE and it just doesn't change anything. Still appears as "Advanced Lighting" when the French version of that effect is "Eclairs élaborés". I am manually going through and just changing it to the actual effect and property index value, but I purchased this script to avoid doing this.

Am I doing something inccorect? I just hit the universalize button for the entire project. 
    First make sure you are using the latest version of ExpressionUniversalizer.
    Then make sure your expressions are written in the same language that you AE install is running in. So for example if you are using AE in English then the expressions need to be written in English
    If you still need assistance please open a support ticket and include a reduced version of your project that has the expression that is not being universalized: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1604&direct=1 ;

• De Hoe said:

First make sure you are using the latest version of ExpressionUniversalizer.
    Then make sure your expressions are written in the same language that you AE install is running in. So for example if you are using AE in English then the expressions need to be written in English
    If you still need assistance please open a support ticket and include a reduced version of your project that has the expression that is not being universalized: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1604&direct=1 ;

Hello,

I tried this and still no luck. I have submitted a support ticket with an AE attached.

Thanks! 
  • What happens when I am sent a project and I can't go to that project to execute the script? 
    I received a project and when I open it I get an expression error, how can I solve this problem if I can't go to that project to execute the script? thanks.
  • What happens when I am sent a project and I can't go to that project to execute the script? 
    I received a project and when I open it I get an expression error, how can I solve this problem if I can't go to that project to execute the script? thanks.
    The author of the project needs to run ExpressionUniversalizer before they send it to you.
  • I have the 3rd version and it works great but I cant run the 4th version. I installed it and when I run it, it shows these messages: "access denied" and "unable to execute script at line 6. undefined is not an pbject"
  • I have the 3rd version and it works great but I cant run the 4th version. I installed it and when I run it, it shows these messages: "access denied" and "unable to execute script at line 6. undefined is not an pbject"
    If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket.
  • its possible to reverse or revert a expression back to its original state, say if i have preset that has had ExpressionUniversalizer applied. can i go back to the original state?
  • its possible to reverse or revert a expression back to its original state, say if i have preset that has had ExpressionUniversalizer applied. can i go back to the original state?

Sure, just turn on the log and the log will record the old and new expression so you can just copy and paste the old expression if necessary.

Sure, just turn on the log and the log will record the old and new expression so you can just copy and paste the old expression if necessary.
    Thanks, but I'm looking to reverse a saved AE animation preset that has over 100 lines of expressions that have been "universalized"  - back to its stage before I have run the ExpressionUniversalizer - theres no log. 

Thanks, but I'm looking to reverse a saved AE animation preset that has over 100 lines of expressions that have been "universalized"  - back to its stage before I have run the ExpressionUniversalizer - theres no log. 

Without a log you won't be able to reverse it. But in any case, reversing the universalization is not something EU is designed to do, just revert to the non-universalized version of the project.

• Hi. Do you have an estimate when Expression Universalizer 4 will be updated to work on AE 2022, please? Many thanks.
  • Hi. Do you have an estimate when Expression Universalizer 4 will be updated to work on AE 2022, please? Many thanks.
    It's compatible. If you are having a specific issue please open a support ticket and include as many details as possible including screenshots so we are best able to assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1604&direct=1

It's compatible. If you are having a specific issue please open a support ticket and include as many details as possible including screenshots so we are best able to assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1604&direct=1

All working now, thanks very much :)
  • I bought it, but it gives an error when I open it. 
    MacOS 12.3.1
    Ae 22.4
    Unable to execute script at line 301. I/O error

• kzast ast said:
    I bought it, but it gives an error when I open it. 
    MacOS 12.3.1
    Ae 22.4

If you are using dropbox please see this faq: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/dropbox-macos-warning/

• kzast ast said:
    I bought it, but it gives an error when I open it. 
    MacOS 12.3.1
    Ae 22.4

If you are using dropbox please see this faq: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/dropbox-macos-warning/

I don't have Dropbox
  • kzast ast said:
    I don't have Dropbox
    Might be a permissions issue with macOS: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/license-code-faq#macos

If you still need assistance please open a support ticket and provide your full system details: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • i Have same problem on windows 10 
  • i Have same problem on windows 10 
    Make sure you are not running a firewall or virus protection software that is blocking the software.
  • Hello hello, I'd like to try the plugin before buying, but while activating the trial version I get the error message: "Trial expired (-100) A valid license is now required. You can purchase a license by clicking the "Buy License" Button."

I'm running After Effects 2023 on MacOs.

Thank you in advance!
  • Hello hello, I'd like to try the plugin before buying, but while activating the trial version I get the error message: "Trial expired (-100) A valid license is now required. You can purchase a license by clicking the "Buy License" Button."

I'm running After Effects 2023 on MacOs.

Thank you in advance!
    The trial is valid for 10 days and cannot be extended. You can start a new trial on a different computer.