• imageSF Caddy

SF-Caddy is an after-effects tool that will help you with replacements item for your character. Simply select the item that you want to replace, then, click "LOAD ITEMS". Each click on an item in the panel will switch to the selected item and add a keyframe on the timeline.

https://aescripts.com/sf-caddy/

• Instead of each frame being a still image, would be great if each frame could be a precomp, wherein an animation could play within that precomp until the next item is loaded in.  If that doesn't make sense, here's what I just tried...  I created 5 precomps (each precomp housing a 20sec animation).  When I dropped my SFCaddy comp (containing 5 frames for those 5 precomps) into a main timeline and then clicked Load Items... it successfully changes the precomp whenever I click on each precomp button (in the sf caddy panel), but it doesn't play any of the animation contained within each precomp.  Is this possible??  If so, please advise how this can be accomplished.  If not possible, please consider adding this functionality in a future update, thanks! 
  • Great thinking, what you suggest will be added in the next coming update.
    It is currently in the bata phase.
  • Great time saver! Really easy to use and super usefule for mouths!
  • Thanks a lot :)
  • Hello Script Fighter, I downloaded the trial version and found that this is v1.1. not v2 
  • Unfortunately v2.0 will not be available in the trial version right now.
  • Hello!
    Thank you very much for the update!
    Its a great tool!!!
    But how is the workflow for animated Images within the Pre-Comp!
    Can I have different lengths for the layers? Not just one Frame?
    Can you make a tutorial to show how it works? I don‘t get it :-)))
    Greetings!
  • Hello! Thank you very much for the update! Its a great tool!!! But how is the workflow for animated Images within the Pre-Comp! Can I have different lengths for the layers? Not just one Frame? Can you make a tutorial to show how it works? I don‘t get it :-))) Greetings!
    Now you can watch the tutorial :)
  • great tool!

the "Load items" Button is way too big. 
    I have lots of lots of buttons in After Effects.
    I don`t need a big black thing, that wastes my precious screen space.

besides that i am currently working on some projects with SF-Caddy and it is a big help!
    Keep up the good work.  
  • Is it possible to make a looping animation using sf caddy? For example, I was thinking of placing a full walk cycle of a character in the SF Caddy comp. There will also be other animations in the layer comp as well. I think it would be easier to animate characters with a lot of pre-made animations using SF Caddy.
  • I'm using this plugin for lip syncing and I'm having lots of issues. For some reason, it will completely disregard certain layers in my Mouth Shape pre-comp. Consonants will be replaced by A shapes, Ooh shapes will replace O shapes, etc. Sometimes I can get it to look right in the timeline but when I render out the sequence as PNGs...again, half of my layers are altered. It also doesn't seem to like when I put a keyframe on each frame. I seemingly can only lip sync when I'm using one keyframe for every two frames, which is most frustrating. 

Do you have any advice? 
  • I'm using this plugin for lip syncing and I'm having lots of issues. For some reason, it will completely disregard certain layers in my Mouth Shape pre-comp. Consonants will be replaced by A shapes, Ooh shapes will replace O shapes, etc. Sometimes I can get it to look right in the timeline but when I render out the sequence as PNGs...again, half of my layers are altered. It also doesn't seem to like when I put a keyframe on each frame. I seemingly can only lip sync when I'm using one keyframe for every two frames, which is most frustrating. 

Do you have any advice? 

Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Do you have any advice? 
    As Lioyd said, please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
    Please also check that the frame rate of your composition and of the Replacement Comp is synchronized.