• I love the newly added cartoon mode, works fast and it doesn't jump too much. It doesn't only work on cartoon source material. If you add it to filmed footage it can be a great base for some stylization work. Well done!
  • I purchased this plugin and keep getting an error when I enter my license code. here is the error I'm getting;

suggestions?
  • Joe Ski said:
    I purchased this plugin and keep getting an error when I enter my license code. here is the error I'm getting;

suggestions?
    Could you please try to activate it using aescripts + aeplugins Manager App? Pleae open a support ticket if it does not work. Thank you.
  • I love the newly added cartoon mode, works fast and it doesn't jump too much. It doesn't only work on cartoon source material. If you add it to filmed footage it can be a great base for some stylization work. Well done!
    Thanks a lot. Happy to know it works well for you.
  • This slows down performance SIGNIFICANTLY. Is that to be expected?
  • This slows down performance SIGNIFICANTLY. Is that to be expected?
    Thank you for trying it out. The performance is highly dependent on GPU cardcould you please open a ticket with more information such as OS version, GPU model, and plugin settings: the interpolation mode(fast, sharp or cartoon), scaling ratio, and footage resolution. Thank you.
  • Can you please add a status display if a GPU is detected? 

On my 2070 RTX it is really slow (a 1 minute film from 540P to 1080P renders more than 1 hour). 

To me it feels the GPU is not detected correctly...

• Can you please add a status display if a GPU is detected? 

On my 2070 RTX it is really slow (a 1 minute film from 540P to 1080P renders more than 1 hour). 

To me it feels the GPU is not detected correctly...

The main compuation of this plugin is on GPU, i.e., it does not work without GPU card. If the GPU is not detected or not supported, it will show a green frame.
    Suppose the 1 min footage is with 25fps, then it is 1500 frames. From our testing on a card RTX 3060 with similar performance (RTX 2070S should be faster slightly), upscaling from 960x540 to 1920x1080, it takes 9min and 25sec for Type Fast. And 39min 40sec for type Sharp, 24min 10sec for cartoon.
    If your footage is with higher fps, it will takes longer time for 1 min footage.
    Could you please open a support ticket with more information, such as CPU, RAM, OS version, AE or PR version, total frames to process, and the parameter settings (type, denoise, sharpen) of this plugin?
    Thank you.
  • hi, this pluging dosent work with GTX 1660 ?
  • hi, this pluging dosent work with GTX 1660 ?
    GTX1660 is supposed to work well.
    If you have any problems with this plugin, could you please open a support ticket, with more information such as OS version, AE/PR version, and plugin settings (Type, scale ratio, footage resolution), then we can investigate it further. 
    Thank you.
  • Looks good - does it work M1 Max?
  • Cam Vokey said:
    Looks good - does it work M1 Max?
    Yes, it is supposed to work on M1 machines. You can click the TRY button (or this link https://aescripts.com/downloadable/download/sample/sample_id/850/) to try. 
    Thank you.
  • The capability of this plugin is incredible. However, I'm having major issues with nested comps and cached frames. I'll change down to a less intensive scaling algorithm (say Fast) and when I jump up one level in my comps it just renders it as a little block in the middle and not full frame. I purge cache and all that and the problem sometimes persists, sometimes not. Finding it's pretty frustrating to work with without having to do tedious intermediate renders.

Some work on the way the plugin interacts with cached frames / AE infrastructure would be good so it works as it should.
  • The capability of this plugin is incredible. However, I'm having major issues with nested comps and cached frames. I'll change down to a less intensive scaling algorithm (say Fast) and when I jump up one level in my comps it just renders it as a little block in the middle and not full frame. I purge cache and all that and the problem sometimes persists, sometimes not. Finding it's pretty frustrating to work with without having to do tedious intermediate renders.

Some work on the way the plugin interacts with cached frames / AE infrastructure would be good so it works as it should.
    Thank you for reporting this issue.
    It is supposed to work with the nested comps like pre-comps, some times you may need to set the comp resolution as big as the final comp, and untick the "Render area" checkbox. The plugin does not control the AE caches, it is suggested to purge cache if it does not work as expected.
    And you can open a support ticket with more information on your project, then we can assist you further.
    Thank you.
  • Trying to use the trial, but when I apply the effect the image just disappears. It's a JPEG still in its own comp set to just a single frame, but no luck.

Ae 22.4 Build 56
    Win11
    RTX 3090
  • Trying to use the trial, but when I apply the effect the image just disappears. It's a JPEG still in its own comp set to just a single frame, but no luck.

Ae 22.4 Build 56
    Win11
    RTX 3090
    Hi Michael, Thank you for reporting the issue.Could you please try to update/re-install your GPU driver (https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx).  If it does not work, please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1664, with more information such as CPU model, comp resolution, the ScaleUp setting, e.g. scale type, scale ratio. Thank you.
  • Why is this running so slow on my machine? I have an i9 16 cores and a 3090 gpu. Render times are very long. Is this a trial limitation?
  • Why is this running so slow on my machine? I have an i9 16 cores and a 3090 gpu. Render times are very long. Is this a trial limitation?
    The trial version has the same peroformance and quality with licensed. 
    May I know your settings such as scale ratio, interpolation type, footage length and size, and how long it takes?
    From our testing, it usually takes around 3 mins to upscale 1000 frames SD (720x480)  to HD (1920x1080)  with type Fast, 12mins for Sharp. If the time is much slower than this, please open a support ticket, then we can check it. Thank you.
  • When I add sharpen to fast or try sharp I have a problem. Using trial version. I get  file with flashing color changes as video plays. Fast version is fine, but add sharpening and there is this problem. What to do? Thanks, love how fast works.
    AE version 23.0.0 Build 59, Windows 10, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660. 
    Device name DESKTOP-PTR7U6C
    Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor                3.59 GHz
    Installed RAM 64.0 GB
    Device ID C8F9C219-9AD1-4866-8E39-ECD4411087DB
    Product ID 00326-00840-26917-AAOEM
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
    Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 21H2
    Installed on ‎3/‎16/‎2021
    OS build 19044.2130
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

• When I add sharpen to fast or try sharp I have a problem. Using trial version. I get  file with flashing color changes as video plays. Fast version is fine, but add sharpening and there is this problem. What to do? Thanks, love how fast works.
    Hi Phillip, thank you for the testing. Is the result good without adding sharpening? Does this happen on a specific video or all kinds of videos? Could you please open a support ticket, then we can know more about this problems, and assist you further? Thank you.
  • I dont know, where it's broken, but it does not (not jet) work in the beta with 32bit workflow.
    Are you interested in some more deep dive, what does not work in whitch situation?
  • I dont know, where it's broken, but it does not (not jet) work in the beta with 32bit workflow.
    Are you interested in some more deep dive, what does not work in whitch situation?
    Did it work well on the same machine before? When it became broken? If it worked before, it is possible the GPU driver is broken, could you try to update/reinstall the GPU driver? If it does not work for you, could you please open a support ticket with more information, such as GPU info, OS version , AE/PR verison, how it is broken (crash or the results are not expected)?
  • it does not work for 32bit Images/comps. Do you think, there is a support soon? Or do I something wrong?
    edit: 
    "fast" works till 119%: 120% get's wrong colors.
    "bicubic" seems to work fine...

• it does not work for 32bit Images/comps. Do you think, there is a support soon? Or do I something wrong?
    edit: 

I can not reproduce this problem, the color looks ok. Are you using the HDR footages, do you see the same problem for all other fooatges? Could you please open a support ticket with more information, such as the footage informtion, or one frame of your footage.
    edit: 

I can not reproduce this problem, the color looks ok. Are you using the HDR footages, do you see the same problem for all other fooatges? Could you please open a support ticket with more information, such as the footage informtion, or one frame of your footage.
    I can do a support tix. But as I sayd, in the "edit", like this it works.
  • I can do a support tix. But as I sayd, in the "edit", like this it works.
    Yes, please, the support ticket with a screen shot or a simple project will explain the issue better. Thanks.
  • Hi!

I´m interested in ScaleUp Plugin for After Effects. Can I use it right now on After Effects 2023?
  • Hi!

I´m interested in ScaleUp Plugin for After Effects. Can I use it right now on After Effects 2023?
    Yes, the plugin is compatible with After Effects 2023. You can try the trial version https://aescripts.com/downloadable/download/sample/sample_id/850/.
  • I wanted to reach out and share what may be a bug in ScaleUp.

Lately I've been uprezzing a bunch of footage from various resolutions (148x148, 276x276, 512x512, 532x532, 1044x1044). But when I select 'Fit to Comp Width' for the Output Size, then there is a small black border remaining where the the video isn't filling up the entire canvas. So from there I switch over to 'Custom' and manually increase the percentage points a few. This works fine for abstract video content, but if I were uprezzing CGI content, then those few extra percentage points would wreck some havoc on a pipeline needing pixels to line up.

I really love this tool. I've be doing some comparisons between Topaz Video AI and ScaleUp, and the quality is often similar and plus it's so much better on my workflow to keep everything within After Effects. Major props!

Lately I've been uprezzing a bunch of footage from various resolutions (148x148, 276x276, 512x512, 532x532, 1044x1044). But when I select 'Fit to Comp Width' for the Output Size, then there is a small black border remaining where the the video isn't filling up the entire canvas. So from there I switch over to 'Custom' and manually increase the percentage points a few. This works fine for abstract video content, but if I were uprezzing CGI content, then those few extra percentage points would wreck some havoc on a pipeline needing pixels to line up.

I really love this tool. I've be doing some comparisons between Topaz Video AI and ScaleUp, and the quality is often similar and plus it's so much better on my workflow to keep everything within After Effects. Major props!
    Thank you for reporting this issue, it is a bug, we will fix it soon. Could you please open a support ticket with some information such as OS version, AE version, then we can send you a fixed build for testing. Thank you. 

Thank you for reporting this issue, it is a bug, we will fix it soon. Could you please open a support ticket with some information such as OS version, AE version, then we can send you a fixed build for testing. Thank you. 
    Will do, thanks!
  • hi!
    scaleUp an 1920p footage in an 1080x1920 comp and transform X-Position cuts off part of the footage. Bug? Or is there an workaround I miss?

Visible Area Only is also not working..
    tested in 2023 and publicBeta
  • hi!
    scaleUp an 1920p footage in an 1080x1920 comp and transform X-Position cuts off part of the footage. Bug? Or is there an workaround I miss?

Visible Area Only is also not working..
    tested in 2023 and publicBeta
    It should not cut off the boundary area if the Visible Area is unchecked. Could you please open a support ticket with a screenshot? Thank you.
  • Hello. After testing the trial version, I got a company license. Unfortunately, that's where the problems started. AE closes itself. Most often after rescaling to 300%. The problem is notorious when I check type: Sharp. I have GTX 1650Ti, 15Gb RAM, AMD Ryzen 5 4600h. Is it a hardware problem?
  • Jacek Orzoł said:Hello. After testing the trial version, I got a company license. Unfortunately, that's where the problems started. AE closes itself. Most often after rescaling to 300%. The problem is notorious when I check type: Sharp. I have GTX 1650Ti, 15Gb RAM, AMD Ryzen 5 4600h. Is it a hardware problem?
    Could you try some smaller size sequences? If it still crash AE, could you try to updrade your GPU driver? And it does not work for you, please open a support ticket for further assistance. Thank you. 
  • Hi there, your install instructions are only suitable for Aftereffects, how can this be used on premiere pro?

Also the Aescripts plugin trial install just says "didn't move any files across"
  • Hi there, your install instructions are only suitable for Aftereffects, how can this be used on premiere pro?

Also the Aescripts plugin trial install just says "didn't move any files across"
    The instruction is for both. Once installed, the plugin can be acseesed and used for After Effects and Premoere Pro. Please open a support ticket for further assistance, if you still problems with Premiere Pro. Thank you.
  • Hi! for some reason, the effect isn't really working. Changing the type, the denoise or the sharpen properties doesn't do anything. The image stays pixelated). I'm on Macbook M1 After Effects 2023
  • Hi! for some reason, the effect isn't really working. Changing the type, the denoise or the sharpen properties doesn't do anything. The image stays pixelated). I'm on Macbook M1 After Effects 2023
    Thank you for reporting this issue. Could you please open a support ticket, better with a screenshot?
  • This just saved my ass. Take that BCC Optical Flow, haha.

(Can we set up a meeting to discuss AI SmartVectors in After Effects? [email protected].)
    Thanks a lot for your interests in this plugin.
    You can open a support ticket to discuss if you have any issues, suggestions or comments.
  • AE 2023, Windows 11, RTX4090. ScaleUp previews fine (most of the time) but is now not working AT ALL in the final render. The layer(s) it is applied to simply do not scale up. I have purged memory, restarted, and still no go.
  • AE 2023, Windows 11, RTX4090. ScaleUp previews fine (most of the time) but is now not working AT ALL in the final render. The layer(s) it is applied to simply do not scale up. I have purged memory, restarted, and still no go.
    Could you please try a smaller footage size, or use the bicubic/nearest interpolation type to check if the same problem occurs? Could you please open a support ticket for further assistance? Thank you.
  • Are there any plans to develop support for multiple GPU's?
  • Are there any plans to develop support for multiple GPU's?
    Sorry, we do not have plan to support multiple GPUs, currently it chooses the most powerful GPU for computation if there are multiple GPUs. 
  • I just keep getting AE (AE 2024) crash everytime when I change the scale value from 100% to anything else, which makes my purchase totally unusable.
    I have tried installing it manually as well as with the installer app. What can cause this issue?

Does not work in Premier Pro 2024 either, gives error message in the lower corner "low level exception occurred" and nothing happens to the footage.

Using Geforce 3080ti
  • I just keep getting AE (AE 2024) crash everytime when I change the scale value from 100% to anything else, which makes my purchase totally unusable.
    I have tried installing it manually as well as with the installer app. What can cause this issue?

Does not work in Premier Pro 2024 either, gives error message in the lower corner "low level exception occurred" and nothing happens to the footage.

Using Geforce 3080ti
    Could you please update the GPU driver? If it does not work, could you please open a support ticket? Thank you.
  • Constantly crashes on 23 and 24, tried diffrent computers and updated drivers but still crashes every time
    We will support it soon! Click 2k/4k to download videos first.
    Pro
    Subscription will automatically renew every month before you unsubscribe.
    Monthly
    $ 2.99 / month
    • 1000+ embedded vimeo player sites supported
    • Support video downloading in more resolutions e.g. 4k, 2k, 1080p, etc.
    • Support for downloading private videos
    • Support for extracting audio
    • Support for downloading subtitles
    • Unlimited downloads
    Get

Click here to get other payment method

Tip:Please refresh the page after the payment is successful

• I created a support ticket on this topic before, but ScaleUp v1.4.2 will not work AT ALL with After Effects 2024 the latest update, I'm using a 3090 not a outdated GPU, I'm using a 3950x AMD CPU not the latest CPU, but still powerful enough to use this software. I had problems with v1.4.1 as well where it would black screen in After Effects if it was set the Cartoon setting, the best setting, but would run fine with other settings like Fast or Sharp setting. I could get the Cartoon setting to work but it would require me to completely stop using my computer and just let it run in After Effects I could not use other apps like Photoshop each I would do while video's convert in Media Encoder or it would black screen in After Effects meaning it would be converting fine one minute, but the next when I would check After Effects runing in the background it would be black screened, if I just left it alone it would be ok... and again that's with v1.4.1. v1.4.2 is totally useless... I would use Media Encoder to convert my AEP files which had ScaleUp v1.4.1 used in it. Right now I can still only use v.1.4.1 with the Fast setting and other filters I use to make video's look as good as I can, but the Cartoon setting is the one I would like to use, but I can't use it in either v1.4.1 or v1.4.2.
  • I created a support ticket on this topic before, but ScaleUp v1.4.2 will not work AT ALL with After Effects 2024 the latest update, I'm using a 3090 not a outdated GPU, I'm using a 3950x AMD CPU not the latest CPU, but still powerful enough to use this software. I had problems with v1.4.1 as well where it would black screen in After Effects if it was set the Cartoon setting, the best setting, but would run fine with other settings like Fast or Sharp setting. I could get the Cartoon setting to work but it would require me to completely stop using my computer and just let it run in After Effects I could not use other apps like Photoshop each I would do while video's convert in Media Encoder or it would black screen in After Effects meaning it would be converting fine one minute, but the next when I would check After Effects runing in the background it would be black screened, if I just left it alone it would be ok... and again that's with v1.4.1. v1.4.2 is totally useless... I would use Media Encoder to convert my AEP files which had ScaleUp v1.4.1 used in it. Right now I can still only use v.1.4.1 with the Fast setting and other filters I use to make video's look as good as I can, but the Cartoon setting is the one I would like to use, but I can't use it in either v1.4.1 or v1.4.2.
    Replied in the support ticket, downgrade the GPU driver to version 537.58 will solve the problem.
  • After Effects projects with Scale Up won't load anymore. It worked fine until it stopped working.