Drag Zoom Pro for Adobe Premiere Pro
  • Loving this plug-in, but having a small issue where it behaves oddly when I am using footage in a sequence that are in different aspect ratios. For example, I film in 16:9 but edit in 2.00:1, which means the top and bottom of my footage are intentionally cropped out. Zooming in with this plug-in works great, but hitting the "Zoom out to 100%" button actually zooms it out to 88.9%. creating black pillar boxes on the sides of my composition. I think the plug-in is trying to scale the clip down to fit the comp, which is not what I want. Again, I intend for the top and bottom of my clips to be cropped out. Nesting the clips solves this issue, but I would like to not have to next every clip on which I want to zoom in and out.

Great plug-in, other than this one small issue!
  • Thanks Scott!

Actually I do edit in 2:1 aspect ratio too and what I do is just use one of the entries in the RECENTS list instead of hitting "Zoom out to 100%". When you first REFRESH on a new clip, an entry is added to the list of RECENTS matching that exact framing. So if that's your default "100%" then you can just use that. Let me know if this works for you!

I will think about how to improve the "Zoom out to 100%" in this situation for future updates!
  • Thanks Scott!

Actually I do edit in 2:1 aspect ratio too and what I do is just use one of the entries in the RECENTS list instead of hitting "Zoom out to 100%". When you first REFRESH on a new clip, an entry is added to the list of RECENTS matching that exact framing. So if that's your default "100%" then you can just use that. Let me know if this works for you!

I will think about how to improve the "Zoom out to 100%" in this situation for future updates!
    Thanks for the tip! This worked great!
  • Downloaded your trial. Works well. I do a lot of green screen work and was hoping this would help speed up some punching in and out. Once you're able to run this on multiple clips at once, I'll give it another shot. 
  • Downloaded your trial. Works well. I do a lot of green screen work and was hoping this would help speed up some punching in and out. Once you're able to run this on multiple clips at once, I'll give it another shot. 
    Multiple clips at once? Can you elaborate when such a thing is useful? Technically it would be perfectly possible to implement that in Drag Zoom Pro.
  • Hi i really like this plugin but can i ask if you can add option in future to 3d rotate its really cool if u use it in screen shots tutorial . i can do that manually but take long time for me ,if u can do it its really really helpful and if u want examples for what i mean i can make short video .. thanks alot and wating ur answer
  • Hi i really like this plugin but can i ask if you can add option in future to 3d rotate its really cool if u use it in screen shots tutorial . i can do that manually but take long time for me ,if u can do it its really really helpful and if u want examples for what i mean i can make short video .. thanks alot and wating ur answer
    Cool idea and yeah a short video to visualize what effect you are after would be awesome!
  • This example for what i mean. I hope you got the idea
    same time u can  make zoom in , zoom out  etc.
     all that by using keyframe but really take long time with long video 

• This example for what i mean. I hope you got the idea
    same time u can  make zoom in , zoom out  etc.
     all that by using keyframe but really take long time with long video 

This looks really cool!

Did you do it in AE of Premiere? If in Premiere then what effect did you use, was it "Basic 3D" ?
  • Yes just adobe  Premiere  with Basic 3D . easy but give you wonderful results