• it turns layers Black when applied 
  • it turns layers Black when applied 

Guess you have Render Only License?
  • Good evening.

I have purchased your plugin.  I am using it in AE 2023, on a GTX 1650.  My comp is 1080p.  When I apply the loopflow effect, rendering is very slow.  Like maybe 5 FPS or so.  I only have a fractal noise effect applied to the layer as well.  If I disable the loopflow effect, rendering is roughly 10x faster.

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if you have any tips for me to reduce my render time when using your plugin. I am using the latest version of loopFlow (1.3) and have my GPU drivers updated to the latest version as well. 

Thank you.
  • Good evening.

I have purchased your plugin.  I am using it in AE 2023, on a GTX 1650.  My comp is 1080p.  When I apply the loopflow effect, rendering is very slow.  Like maybe 5 FPS or so.  I only have a fractal noise effect applied to the layer as well.  If I disable the loopflow effect, rendering is roughly 10x faster.

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if you have any tips for me to reduce my render time when using your plugin. I am using the latest version of loopFlow (1.3) and have my GPU drivers updated to the latest version as well. 

Thank you.
    Hello David.
    Do you applied loopflow effect to an image? Render speed is depends on image size. If your image is much larger then composition, you should precompose this image with smaller size. This will reduce render time.

Dmitriy
  • Thanks for the response, Dmitriy.  I will give that a try.  I think you are probably correct that it was the issue, because even though my comp is 1080, the image I was applying the effect to was actually 4k, scaled to the comp frame size.  

The effect is very cool, I made Batmans cape wave in the wind :)

EDIT:  Just followed your advice.  I added the 4k image to a 1080p comp and scaled/Pre-composed it, and then added the masks and effect to that Pre-Comp and rendering is much faster now.  I appreciate the help.
  • Hi, 

LoopFlow (latest version) keeps crashing on both Mac and PC AfterEffects 23.5.1

I've tried uninstalling both AE and LF, but nothing works. What should I do?
  • Lucia Vas said:
    Hi, 

LoopFlow (latest version) keeps crashing on both Mac and PC AfterEffects 23.5.1

I've tried uninstalling both AE and LF, but nothing works. What should I do?
    Hello.
    Just tested with AE 23.5.0 (latest version) on windows, works perfectly. 
    What size of image do you use?
    Try to precompose an image with your composition size and try again.
  • Hi 

I just downloaded the LoopFlow plugin with the license, but for some reason it doesn't render, I can see everything working fine  in my view port, but once I render it is just renders as a still image, is there something I'm missing?
  • Hi Using plugin on Mac studio ultra operating system Monterey v12.6.5 crashes after effects immediately when applying plugin to precomped layer. Layer is 4k, reinstalled it on one of my render PCs works there, I bought it for Mac usage please advise.
  • Hi Using plugin on Mac studio ultra operating system Monterey v12.6.5 crashes after effects immediately when applying plugin to precomped layer. Layer is 4k, reinstalled it on one of my render PCs works there, I bought it for Mac usage please advise.

Hello, we need crash dump to solve the problem. Please save it to file when ae crash next time, open a ticket and attach it. Also you can try just for test reduce comp size. Or try another version of ae. Also make sure continosly rasterization is turned off
  • Does Loopflow has API? so the script can call the Loopflow API? 
  • Does this version support my mac Studio M2 Max device. I installed After Effects version 2024
  • Linh Vo said:
    Does this version support my mac Studio M2 Max device. I installed After Effects version 2024

yea it does
  • I have a water spray effect that has an alpha/transparency. It seems that this effect doesn't make all the pixels flow. Some of the very faint details in my layer are not moving. Does this effect not work well with semi-transparent images? Also what does the flow map do?
  • I have a water spray effect that has an alpha/transparency. It seems that this effect doesn't make all the pixels flow. Some of the very faint details in my layer are not moving. Does this effect not work well with semi-transparent images? Also what does the flow map do?
    Check Alpha Ramps. Probably you can have this effect on edges if Alpha Ramp is near zero. If not, please make screenshot or render short video and open a Support Ticket, so we can solve this problem. 
    Flow Map is for Game Engines like Unity.
  • Is there a way to adjust the animation of the alpha transition over time? So I could have the alpha transition happen really quickly, or extend its change over the duration of the effect. It seems to be just some hidden value in proportion to the overall speed or time. I then would like to repeat the effect so its not such a jerky transition for something moving quickly. I'm ultimately looking for something to replace Plotaverse (shut down) and Photovibrance (very limited) where you draw in arrows or curves and it creates a nice, soft looping look. I'm creating fast moving water and I'm having problems getting it to look like its moving fast without very noticeable pops/shifts as it transitions. I feel like it kind of works if I layer a few of them over each other maybe. Just not sure if I'm missing something.
  • Similar to what Chris McCormick posted below, I am a former Plotagraph user.  Would you ever consider adding a feature to Loopflow that works similar to other apps, in that there is an automatic initial mesh covering the entire image, and instead of being limited to two mask lines, we can draw arrows to create new vertices in the mesh?  IMO, it's a more intuitive way to work.  

With the current system of applying multiple Loopflow effects instances, it seems like there will always be unwanted dead zones because the edges of the different mask areas don't blend with each other.  I'm trying to see if this can be overcome before I purchase.

After experimenting more with Loopflow, another feature that could make it work is implementing a way to join the meshes between each effects instance.  

Without such a feature, even a phone app like StoryZ does a better job, because Loopflow users are spending all of their time trying to make the effect look good at the edges of the screen, and the edges of adjacent meshes. because StoryZ handles those automatically and builds multiple flow directions into one mesh, as Plotagraph did, leaving no dead edges.
  • When I apply loopflow to an AI generated image in Adobe Firefly, a red line appears.

The red line is still there after exporting.
    If you use a photo that is not an AI image, the line will not appear.

How can I get rid of the lines?
  • When I apply loopflow to an AI generated image in Adobe Firefly, a red line appears.

The red line is still there after exporting.
    If you use a photo that is not an AI image, the line will not appear.

How can I get rid of the lines?
    This is really strange, can you create a project with 2 samples (AI and photo) in different compositions and send us a collect? you can open a support ticket to do this.