• Hey there ! This plugin is GREAT. Sometimes a bit tricky to use but once you get used to it it's sooooo useful !

Got a little question though. Is there a way with this plugin to do a repartition of keyframes ? I mean evenly space out keyframes ? I couldn't find a way yet.
    Imagine 20 keyframes all randomly placed in the timeline (on one parameter of one layer). I would like to rearrange them all with an equal space between them.

Thanks a lot if anyone can help !
  • 'Unable to execute script at line 23. undefined is not an object'
    Is this just my problem?
  • 'Unable to execute script at line 23. undefined is not an object'
    Is this just my problem?
    See this previous posted solution: https://aescripts.com/forums/discussion/comment/33551/#Comment_33551
  • I have the error the same  "Unable to execute script at line 23"   as a few others on here. Undocking and closing all other scripts, then reopening Rift does work. However I have many scripts i need to have open at once and docked in specific places. The line 23 error comes back each time i reopen AE.
     Does anyone know of a permanent fix to keep Rift working? Thank you very much. 
  • Hi, thanks for the Rift plugin, it's one of the most use one in my toolbox. 
    There is one little feature that I would miss, to use Time Affect options to just select the keyframes, so I would be able to select following or previous keyframes for all the (or selected layers). AE allows to do this only for one layer unfortunately. 

• Unable to execute Script at line 23. undefined is not an object

This is new with the latest update to 22.2 and is happening for Rift, Sortie ("...line 275. _ is undefined") and Keysmith ("...line 275. _ is undefined")

I am a bit scared because i heavily rely on Rift in my daily workflow ;)
  • Unable to execute Script at line 23. undefined is not an object

This is new with the latest update to 22.2 and is happening for Rift, Sortie ("...line 275. _ is undefined") and Keysmith ("...line 275. _ is undefined")

I am a bit scared because i heavily rely on Rift in my daily workflow ;)
    See this previous posted solution: https://aescripts.com/forums/discussion/comment/33551/#Comment_33551
  • Rift is an all time great tool. Any plans to update it for the M1 Mac versions of AE? It just crashes AE every time I try and use it.
  • Rift is an all time great tool. Any plans to update it for the M1 Mac versions of AE? It just crashes AE every time I try and use it.

See this previous posted solution: https://aescripts.com/forums/discussion/comment/33551/#Comment_33551
  • I am having the same error as others with the "Unable to execute Script at line 23" etc

I have looked at the solution : Close and undock all scripts and restart AE. Then only run Rift. 

For me this isn't practical as I have around 10-12 script windows open which I use all the time. Does anyone know if Rift will ever be updated as, like others, it's something I use a lot and it's the best at doing what it does! 

• I am having the same error as others with the "Unable to execute Script at line 23" etc

I have looked at the solution : Close and undock all scripts and restart AE. Then only run Rift. 

For me this isn't practical as I have around 10-12 script windows open which I use all the time. Does anyone know if Rift will ever be updated as, like others, it's something I use a lot and it's the best at doing what it does! 

The problem is not rift, it's one of the other scripts that you closed. if you turn them on one by one and see which one is causing the conflict maybe you can ask that developer for an update

The problem is not rift, it's one of the other scripts that you closed. if you turn them on one by one and see which one is causing the conflict maybe you can ask that developer for an update
    Thanks Lloyd, you are indeed right. I believe the problem was something I was using called "Ae Juice pack manager" which i have now uninstalled. It was also causing an issue with dynamic link and AME

Thanks Lloyd, you are indeed right. I believe the problem was something I was using called "Ae Juice pack manager" which i have now uninstalled. It was also causing an issue with dynamic link and AME
    Great, thanks for letting us know!  
  • Thank you for such a powerful timesaver!  
    Will there be an update compatible with AE 2022?
  • Thank you for such a powerful timesaver!  
    Will there be an update compatible with AE 2022?

Works fine in 2022. See this previous posted solution: https://aescripts.com/forums/discussion/comment/33551/#Comment_33551 or open a support ticket if you needs assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • It does indeed work fine in AE 2022.  

I simply needed to copy it over from the AE 2020 folder, as the aescripts installer didn't do automatically.  
    Something I will look out for in future script updates.  
    Thanks Lloyd!
  • Rift doesn't appear to load in AE 2023. It says it's installed, but I can't access it within After Effects. This appears to be true with Lazy 2, another layer staggering tool.
  • Rift doesn't appear to load in AE 2023. It says it's installed, but I can't access it within After Effects. This appears to be true with Lazy 2, another layer staggering tool.
    You need to install it into the new version :)

You can use our manager app, simply right click on the product name and select 'Custom Install' and choose the version you want to install it into.

If you need further assistance please open a support ticket: 
  • Hey, since yesterday I have the ""Unable to execute script at line 163. null is not an object"  Problem which was mentioned here several times before. I tried everything. Updated AE to 22.06.0 even installed AE23 (which I already deleted again :D ), closed every script, AE, reopened it and just opened Rift, I deleted rift from Scripts UI Panels and dropped it in again, I deinstalled Animation Composer.. Nothing works. I desperately need the Plugin. :( I am on Mac Ventura 13.2. Hope you have another solution for me? 
  • Hey, since yesterday I have the ""Unable to execute script at line 163. null is not an object"  Problem which was mentioned here several times before. I tried everything. Updated AE to 22.06.0 even installed AE23 (which I already deleted again :D ), closed every script, AE, reopened it and just opened Rift, I deleted rift from Scripts UI Panels and dropped it in again, I deinstalled Animation Composer.. Nothing works. I desperately need the Plugin. :( I am on Mac Ventura 13.2. Hope you have another solution for me? 
    See this previously posted solution: https://aescripts.com/forums/discussion/comment/33551/#Comment_33551 or open a support ticket if you needs assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • I get a slightly different error on AE 2023:

Unable to execute script at line 1094. Function _.keys().join is undefined

Closing and undocking scripts did not help.

Rift is not officially supported on 2023, check out one of these other tools that are:

Rift is not officially supported on 2023, check out one of these other tools that are:

Ahh, shame. Thanks. I'm guessing Keysmith will be the same? What alternatives are there for Keysmith?
  • Sorry to see Rift stopped working in AE 2023. I've been happily using this script since 2013. RIP to a real one. 

Update: News of Rift's demise are greatly exaggerated. I updated AE 2023 and... it worked fine. Rookie mistake. Here's to another ten years..
  • Sorry to see Rift stopped working in AE 2023. I've been happily using this script since 2013. RIP to a real one. 
    I just tested Rift in 2023 and it works fine. See this previously posted solution: https://aescripts.com/forums/discussion/comment/33551/#Comment_33551 or open a support ticket if you needs assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • thanks for an awesome script!!
    as it works right now, on the orange layer in the gif, Rift shifts the in and out points relative to the footage, not the layer in and out relative to the comp...
    is there a way to make the layer shift the selected amount of frames in it's entirety? since the layer is not active at the CTI, I don't need it to maintain it's in point where it is, I'm looking to shift the in point without sliding within the layer as it does in the gif. moving the CTI before the layer starts is not viable, I have other layers that need to be shifted from where the CTI is 
  • thanks for an awesome script!!

as it works right now, on the orange layer in the gif, Rift shifts the in and out points relative to the footage, not the layer in and out relative to the comp...
    is there a way to make the layer shift the selected amount of frames in it's entirety? since the layer is not active at the CTI, I don't need it to maintain it's in point where it is, I'm looking to shift the in point without sliding within the layer as it does in the gif. moving the CTI before the layer starts is not viable, I have other layers that need to be shifted from where the CTI is 

pt_ShiftLayers can do this.