ft-UVPass Bundle

• imageft-UVPass Bundle

With this bundle you will be able to re-texture your 3D objects and create 3D masks directly in After Effects by using AOVs such as UV pass (or ST map) and Position Map (or PPass).

https://aescripts.com/ft-uvpass/

• I would be happy to buy an improved version of ft-UVPass, but I don't need ft-PPass2Matte. Will there it be possible to buy them separately in the future?
  • I would be happy to buy an improved version of ft-UVPass, but I don't need ft-PPass2Matte. Will there it be possible to buy them separately in the future?

No they are only available as a bundle but we made sure to price them very affordably so price was not an issue.
  • PPass2Matte work with position passes output from Maya and Houdini?   
    (Your info re outputting compatible position passes from C4D, E3D, etc is extremely helpful - possible you can do the same for Maya and Houdini?)
  • I'm trying it out with the trial and I cannot seem to get it working with the position pass from C4D. I even tried EXR to see if it was a bitdepth issue. I'm always hesitent to purchase if the trial doesn't seem to be doing what it supposed to?
  • I'm trying it out with the trial and I cannot seem to get it working with the position pass from C4D. I even tried EXR to see if it was a bitdepth issue. I'm always hesitent to purchase if the trial doesn't seem to be doing what it supposed to?
    Hello Michael, 
    could you share a frame of your ppass that you did output from C4D please ?
  • Hello, François, I've been an your admirer at long time using.The Ft-Toosbar. Now, in KBar I miss the function that open a file in Explorer, so I can easily acess my tutorials. Is it possible that you pass me that script, that i can use this function in KBar?
  • Hello, François, I've been an your admirer at long time using.The Ft-Toosbar. Now, in KBar I miss the function that open a file in Explorer, so I can easily acess my tutorials. Is it possible that you pass me that script, that i can use this function in KBar?
    here you go: https://aescripts.com/reveal-in-finder/

• hi, im trying to install ft uvpass but it doesnt work, i use the program aescript + aeplugins so i can use it in a mockup that use your plugin but i open the file and says that the plugin doesnt exist, do you know what can i do?

• fa flo said:
    hi, im trying to install ft uvpass but it doesnt work, i use the program aescript + aeplugins so i can use it in a mockup that use your plugin but i open the file and says that the plugin doesnt exist, do you know what can i do?

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2165&direct=1
  • I had been using the trial version of your software and upon its completion, I decided to purchase the bundle version.
    After the installation and activation of the full version, I am still encountering the licensing cross overlay on my images and shows using Trial license.
    This indicates that the plugin is still operating in trial mode despite my successful purchase and activation of the full version.

How can we solve this issue?
  • Willis Ho said:
    I had been using the trial version of your software and upon its completion, I decided to purchase the bundle version.
    After the installation and activation of the full version, I am still encountering the licensing cross overlay on my images and shows using Trial license.
    This indicates that the plugin is still operating in trial mode despite my successful purchase and activation of the full version.

How can we solve this issue?

you might need to clear your disk cache, see faq for details: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-register-plugins/
  • i have bought and installed the plugin and im getting a watermarked X on my images. WTF... Make this easy to install and use. I shouldnt have to use a third party app for any license crap.
  • i have bought and installed the plugin and im getting a watermarked X on my images. WTF... Make this easy to install and use. I shouldnt have to use a third party app for any license crap.
    You just need to register your license: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-register-plugins/
  • The effect disappears at random frames when "Keep Alpha" is enabled. 

I cannot get a usable render done. Please advise. 
  • The effect randomly disappears when "Keep Alpha" is enabled. 

I cannot get a usable render done. Please advise. 

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2165&direct=1
  • Is there any kind of manual beside the short video?
    I tried the new demo today, it seems the result is very course and low-resolution. (I switched AE to 32 bits, that made it a bit better but still far from perfect)
    Is there any way to get better quality?
  • Is there any way to make new texture that I'm adding on the top to get proper motion blur that is present in the scene? Or maybe a way to use "Motion Vector AOV" from redshift to get it working?
    I rendering sliding doors with text on it. And I would like to add additional text in post. With ft-UV I can get it to map properly but don't know how to match motion blur.
  • Is there any way to make new texture that I'm adding on the top to get proper motion blur that is present in the scene? Or maybe a way to use "Motion Vector AOV" from redshift to get it working?
    I rendering sliding doors with text on it. And I would like to add additional text in post. With ft-UV I can get it to map properly but don't know how to match motion blur.

You would need to precomp and apply a cc vector blur or using some kind of plugin like rsmb with the vector pass from your renderer
  • Do you need a uv mesh for it to actually work and so image can be baking and pasted to a specific "object or color" for example?

cuz I tried it without a 3d uv mesh and it didnt work
  • Hello, I tried the trial version
    When purchasing a license, it costs
     I only have the old version available for download
    When I install it, it is missing in the after effect
    Where is the new version and where is the activation code? I did not see it
    Can you explain that?
  • Hello, I tried the trial version
    When purchasing a license, it costs
     I only have the old version available for download
    When I install it, it is missing in the after effect
    Where is the new version and where is the activation code? I did not see it
    Can you explain that?

Upgrade details here: https://aescripts.com/ft-uvpass/#upgrade-notice
  • Hi Guys,

Great script! Have one question. In most scenarios the after being used the UV pass ehxibits  some fine pixel width black lines in the seams of the UV ..why is that happening ..can't seam to find the logic ..as if you add safe pixel extra color on the baked UV u still see it..while if you load empty one color map it will not display it ..is that seam problem always there ?
  • If anyone is having issues with the image looking pixelated, warped etc - check the following things:

1) If your 3D software is Blender, make sure View Transform of the project is set to 'raw' (other 3D software should have a similar option). Or you can choose the option to override your scene color management settings and pick 'non-color' as the color space.

2) Save your render of the UVs as OpenEXR.

3) In After Effects, make sure project is set to 32bpc.

4) Also when you bring in the UV pass to AE, in 'interpret footage' dialog, under the color tab, you must choose Preserve RGB checkbox to make sure there is no color management applied to the render.

In a nutshell, what you're looking for is the colour space of your UV footage to be linear, no colour transforms should be applied anywhere along the line as it will cause warping in the result.
  • Hi Love the plugin.

Just wondering if there is a workflow to export UVW pass from redshift out of MAYA?
  • Hi Love the plugin.

Just wondering if there is a workflow to export UVW pass from redshift out of MAYA?

I didn’t use redshift with maya, I don’t know if it’s integration let you export one out of the box. But you could use a custom material which draws the uv coordinate, like in this video with c4d :
  • Hi Guys,

Great script! Have one question. In most scenarios the after being used the UV pass ehxibits  some fine pixel width black lines in the seams of the UV ..why is that happening ..can't seam to find the logic ..as if you add safe pixel extra color on the baked UV u still see it..while if you load empty one color map it will not display it ..is that seam problem always there ?
    Nope this should not happen. You should create a ticket and send us your uv pass so we can check it Thx F.
  • echy 55 said:
    Do you need a uv mesh for it to actually work and so image can be baking and pasted to a specific "object or color" for example?

cuz I tried it without a 3d uv mesh and it didnt work

Yes you do need a uv on your meshes to render uv pass out of your 3d package
  • Hi,

I have created a 48 page animated book in Cinema 4D.
    The idea of C4D animation in this case is that the book opens in some places, then after a few seconds it keeps flipping, where it also opens and so on.
    My task is to export this animated 3D book to AE, where I would put a different AE animated scene on each page (48 different scenes).
    My question is: can I use ft-UVPass Bundle to make the final result 48 different surface pages in AE, overlapping each other when flipping? If yes, can you help me on how best to export from C4D, which is best suited for ft-UVPass Bundle? 
    Thanks.

• Hi,

I have created a 48 page animated book in Cinema 4D.
    The idea of C4D animation in this case is that the book opens in some places, then after a few seconds it keeps flipping, where it also opens and so on.
    My task is to export this animated 3D book to AE, where I would put a different AE animated scene on each page (48 different scenes).
    My question is: can I use ft-UVPass Bundle to make the final result 48 different surface pages in AE, overlapping each other when flipping? If yes, can you help me on how best to export from C4D, which is best suited for ft-UVPass Bundle? 
    Thanks.

Yes ft-uvpass is suited for this. Checkout this video that does show the process of exporting the uvpass from c4d to ae