• So, can we look forward to version 3 being like Toy Bricks?

Thank you, John

• You don't like Toy Bricks John?
  • Is there any chance that Newton2 becomes available for Vegas Pro?
    Hi Theo,
    Sorry, we don't have any plan to release Newton for Vegas Pro.

Cheers,
    Val.
    OK, thanks!
  • Hi MB,
     I was just thinking that 3D physics would be your next logical step. I would love to upgrade my current v.2 if that were on your horizon. 
    Thank you, John
  • Hey guys,

Just wondering why my 32gb of HyperX RAM and Intel i7 6 [email protected] cpu aren't powerful enough to handle a simulation with 350 layers. 3 are static, 2 are kinematic, and one is aematic, the rest are dynamic falling into the aematic shape. The falling bits are smallish, maybe 15x10 pixels at most. The comp is 1440x1280. Does the comp size greatly affect the calculations? I'm not really sure how to manage this simulation otherwise. I've tried setting all the little shapes to convex hull. Doesn't help.

Thanks for all your genius work!

Jason
  • Hi MB,
     I was just thinking that 3D physics would be your next logical step. I would love to upgrade my current v.2 if that were on your horizon. 
    Thank you, John
    It's a bit early to reveal what the v3 will be just a few month after releasing v2 :)

Cheers,
    Val.
  • Just wondering why my 32gb of HyperX RAM and Intel i7 6 [email protected] cpu aren't powerful enough to handle a simulation with 350 layers. 3 are static, 2 are kinematic, and one is aematic, the rest are dynamic falling into the aematic shape. The falling bits are smallish, maybe 15x10 pixels at most. The comp is 1440x1280. Does the comp size greatly affect the calculations? I'm not really sure how to manage this simulation otherwise. I've tried setting all the little shapes to convex hull. Doesn't help.

Hi Jason,

Please open a support ticket and send us your scene so will be able to help you.

Cheers,
    Val.

• Hi, i am facing sliding, slipping error in newton 2. when i drop some circles on a floor, the circles start sliding sideways after colliding with floor. i tried increasing friction on both circles and floor but no effects. i tried increasing the solver sub-steps but no success. any workaround?

thanx in advance :)
    problem.jpg
    1362 x 954 - 112K
  • Hi, i am facing sliding, slipping error in newton 2. when i drop some circles on a floor, the circles start sliding sideways after colliding with floor. i tried increasing friction on both circles and floor but no effects. i tried increasing the solver sub-steps but no success. any workaround?

thanx in advance :)
    You have to remove your layer called "back" because all you bodies are in this layer.
    So you can: in AE set your BACK layer as a guide layer or hide it. In Newton set it as a DEAD body type.

Cheers,
    Val.
  • hi ! i've just download the trial and try it on AE CC and CS6, it crash them when i call it !

My specs : MacBook Pro i7 2,7 GHz - 4Go of Ram - Intel HD3000 (384 Vram)
    i'm running Mac OS 10.8.4…

Any Idea !? Thx 

PS: I'm french, and i thing you are too ?

Edit : i understand, this is the problem with the 3D import plugin for mocha pro -.-"
  • Can someone tell me an easy way to import Illustrator graphics and have the elements be separated?

• Edit : i understand, this is the problem with the 3D import plugin for mocha pro -.-"
    did it fixed your problem? (yes we are french :)
  • Can someone tell me an easy way to import Illustrator graphics and have the elements be separated?
    https://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/converting-imported-vector-graphics-from-illustrator-to-shape-layers

You may have simplify or rearrange the shape layer after. 

Cheers,
    Val.
  • How do I open up a support ticket? Newton keeps crashing when I try and launch it and it says "After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking plug-in "Newton"." 

How do I resolve this?
  • How do I remove the 3D Mocha pro plug-in that may be causing issues with Newton 2? I'm seeing multiple files, I want to make sure I'm removing the correct one.

Thanks,
    Shawn
  • How do I remove the 3D Mocha pro plug-in that may be causing issues with Newton 2? I'm seeing multiple files, I want to make sure I'm removing the correct one.

Hi Shawn,
    just remove (or move it or your desktop) the file named 3Dmochaimport or something like that :) you won't screw anything, don't worry.

• Thanks. I'm having a hard time locating the file. Can you instruct me in regards to which directory it is listed?

Thanks,
    Shawn
  • Thanks. I'm having a hard time locating the file. Can you instruct me in regards to which directory it is listed?

It's in the plugin directory of After Effects.
  • I have removed the plug-in and it keeps crashing. I also disabled Open GL to see if that was the problem. Still no luck, any other advice?
  • I have removed the plug-in and it keeps crashing. I also disabled Open GL to see if that was the problem. Still no luck, any other advice?
    Shawn, please open a support ticket here: aescripts.com/contact/

Thanks!
  • Hello - does the trial version not Save and Load Settings?  I can't seem to make it work.

Thanks,
    Rachel
  • OH SORRY.  I figured it out!  Nevermind!
  • First off this tool is absolutely insane, such a time saver its unbelievable. I just have a few questions before I go about buying.

Firstly I'm trying to make an object rubbery when it bounces by which I mean when the ball hits the ground the ball becomes flatter and elongates and when it rises back into the air it stretches out vertically etc etc. Is there a property option to do this? I can work around this but it would just be a nice option if its all within Newton.

Secondly if I were attempting to change properties over the course of time is this possible? Like say make something fall and settle then have an object hop out of the object that fell pause hopping on the spot and then proceed to bounce off screen... Is this kind of keyframing possible or has it all got to be tied by multiple instances of newton?

Many thanks
  • Hi Scot,
    For your first question, there isn't a built-in property for this behavior. You could create a soft body by gluing smaller bodies together, or apply a scale expression after using Newton.
    For your second question, body properties are not keyframable. In some situations, using a Kinematic body greatly helps (its motion path is taken from your AE comp, until the last keyframe when it becomes Dynamic).
    Cheers,
    Charles
  • I get this error when loading multiple shape layers into Newton 2

"An error occurred when retrieving the geometry of layer 1. This layer will be represented as a simple box"

This happens for each layer, how can I get around this error?

On a Mac Pro 2012 12 Core Machine OSX 10.8.4 12 GB ram.

Please help.
    Screen Shot 2013-08-17 at 10.25.33 PM.png
    534 x 270 - 33K
    Screen Shot 2013-08-17 at 10.25.52 PM.png
    1934 x 987 - 2M
  • Eric,
    Could you please open a support ticket, or send us your comp ?
    Cheers,
    Charles
  • Okay here is my project file. Thanks for any help!
    zip
    zip
    NewtonTest-Error.aep.zip
  • The problem is that your shapes are empty (i.e., nothing in Contents).
    Charles
  • Is it possible to change the shapes of objects mid-simulation? say a stack of rectangles effected by gravity, each changing height consecutively, how will newton handle it?
  • Is it possible to change the shapes of objects mid-simulation? say a stack of rectangles effected by gravity, each changing height consecutively, how will newton handle it?
    Hi Jason,

No, you cannot change the shape of an object. But you may fake it with in/out points inside AE (and Newton will remove/replace an object with another)

Val.

• Soft Body in Newton
    • Hello - I'm interested in creating a soft body but I can't figure out how to do so.  

I've experimented with different kinds of joints but can't find the soft body option.  

Thanks,
      Rachel
  • Hi Rachel,

Please take a look at the sample project called "soft body". Basically you can create a soft body by decomposing your body in small pieces first, and then in Newton attaching these pieces with soft distance joints.

Cheers,
    Charles
  • Thanks Charles.  Can you post the link for that?  I cannot find it on your site or the web.  

Thanks, 
    Rachel
  • hi,

after installing the trial version i got the following error when starting up after effects:
    "after effects error couldn't find main entry point for newton_trial.plugin"
    any ideas on this? thanks in advance!
    ps. i use the latest version of after effects cc
  •  i got the following error when starting up after effects:
    "after effects error couldn't find main entry point for newton_trial.plugin"
    Newton plugin should be installed at the root of the plugin folder of AE. 

• hi, thanks for your response but unfortunately it is still not working
  • hi, thanks for your response but unfortunately it is still not working
    please open a support ticket so we can sort this out :)
  • Hi!
    I just upgraded After E. to CC....
    Newton does not see text layer like in CS6... window with "separate" option doesn't pop out. 
    It also works very slow compare to CS6..
    Any suggestions?

• Hi!
    I just upgraded After E. to CC....
    Newton does not see text layer like in CS6... window with "separate" option doesn't pop out. 
    It also works very slow compare to CS6..
    Any suggestions?

Just tested and seems to work fine here (both text and separate option).
    Are you sure your layers are not 3D (and then are ignored by Newton)?

Cheers
    Val.
  • Ok I will open a support ticket...thanks:)
  • Is there a technique for scaling an object? I have a text scaling center screen and would like objects around it to react.
  • Hi Roy,
    You should be able to do this by selecting your text layer in Newton and setting the body type to Kinematic.
    Cheers,
    Charles

• strange ...tried this and don't see the text..... However if I just move the text in, it reacts as expected with other objects...will reboot & try again.
  • You can send me your project if you want.  You can open a support ticket to send the project.
  • I'm trying to attach the joint anchor point to the bottom of a letter (converted to shape layer). In the interface, it all looks great, but when I render the sim, the anchor point of the letter AND the joint seems to jump to the center of the letter. In AE, I set the anchor point of the letter to the bottom, before going into Newton. I set a joint from the letter to a shape, to another shape, and so on, to create a chain, then use ConnectLayers to make a rope. ConnectLayers draws a line form the cetner of the letter, exactly where I DON'T want it. Any ideas how to fix that?
  • If you have a solution for this anchor point thing, that's great. In the mean time, I just added another shape in the chain and put it as close to the letter as possible to make a sort of faux anchor point for the ConnectLayers to generate from without using the letter's anchor point.
  • Hi MB, 

Is there a way to break a distance joint during a simulation through stretching and stress on the joints? I'm trying to create a rope that snaps during the animation.
  • Nope sorry, you cannot break a distance joint. Perhaps a new feature for future releases...
    Cheers,
    Charles
  • newton 2... it is very buggy!!! I get simulation where I want it..then back out to AE and the keys are completely different?? I am working with Illustrator files...convert to shapes.. can't get it to work properly!
  • newton 2... it is very buggy!!! I get simulation where I want it..then back out to AE and the keys are completely different?? I am working with Illustrator files...convert to shapes.. can't get it to work properly!
    Hi Roy,
    Please open a support ticket here: www.aescripts.com/contact so we can help you.

Cheers,
    Val.