• hi, unfortunately i can't install the trial.

I see Newton in Composition but as soon as i click on it, the AE gives me an error and closes the project.

Could you please help?
  • Please open a support so we can help you!
  • Hi, could a set of cogs be made with this? that all spin to an 'engine' cog?
    thanks
  • Sure!
    You might want to check that breakdown: http://motionboutique.com/lets-amazing-breakdown-1864/
    And this video as been done with Newton too: 
  • Hello,

I downloaded a trial and then bought with a serial. Can I use my serial to register the trial and make is the full version. Thanks!
  • Hi Johnny,
    You can't register the trial version, you need the full version.
    Cheers,
    Charles
  • I downloaded a trial and then bought with a serial. Can I use my serial to register the trial and make is the full version. Thanks!
    Download the full version from the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account.  
  • Hi, I'm trying to make an animated Logo with two hanging ropes. The logo should fall into the screen and being fixed on two sides with ropes created in newton. Difficult to achive because every object has only one pivot point to connect. Any suggestions how to solve that?
  • Hi Marc, please open a ticket here: www.aescripts.com/contact
    Cheers.
  • Marc,
      You could make 2 proxy objects, like 2 squares, that you animate in Newton (link them together with a distance joint). 
      Then, use the puppet tool on your logo to pin it to to your animated proxies using the expression below.  (Replace the word layer with the name of the proxy layer).  Depending on how much you starch the puppet mesh, the logo can even flex with the tug of the ropes.

Expression:
    N = thisComp.layer("Layer");
    fromWorld(N.toWorld(N.anchorPoint));

Check out this tutorial for more insight: Newton + Puppet Tool
  • Been having 2 major problems with Newton 2, I'm using Win7 & AE CC on a 64Gb RAM / 660GTX graphics card/ dual 3.1Ghz Xeons workstation

First is when AE autosaves during a simulation/preview within Newton2 itself - the autosave doesn't complete and the simulation keeps running behind the autosave box.  I have to quit AE via task manager and start over again.

Second - the position of the layers within Newton2 don't match my shape layers in AE (all scaled to 100%, just in case..)  This means I have to move layers to where I think they might interact better with each other, instead of being where I know they should be.

One other thing, when re-opening a project some hours/days later, Newton2 resets itself meaning I have to try to remember what settings I had.  This should not be the case!

Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
  • hi Ciaran,

Please open a support ticket  in order to provide the best assistance.
    Cheers.
  • I installed Newton and it has no problem opening, however once inside the newton user interface it is dead slow, even with only two shape layers, to the point where I get the pinwheel from just changing a body to static. Any ideas what might be causing this? Running AE CC and all else runs fine, including Element 3D???

Thanks
    Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 3.38.07 PM.png
    238 x 124 - 15K
  • Hi Ryan,

Please open a support ticket in order to provide the best assistance.

Cheers.
  • Is there will be new version for newton ?

If it is, what will be the new features ?
  • Is there will be new version for newton ?

If it is, what will be the new features ?
    Please sign up for notifications and you will be notified when any new versions are posted.
  • I get "Unsupported settings format (Bodies Settings)" message when applying newton to comp. Anyone, any ideas on how come? Any suggestions would be helpful.
  • Did a little research and played around with Newton to realize that Newton do not support 3D layers. Is this correct?
  • Hi Daniel,

Please open a support ticket in order to provide the best assistance.
    Newton2 is 2D only!

Cheers.
    Val.
  • Hi all,

Love Newton as a product - so many possibilities. I'm actually trying to use Newton to create a thin wire that vibrates according to audio amplitude, and have a few items bounce on the wire, according to the oscillations.

I used the tutorial here to get my wire vibrating:

It uses expressions and bezier warp tool on a shape. Thing is, when I open Newton, the vibration animation is not taken into account, so when I have an object fall onto the line, Newton treats it as static (since the script only kicks on on the main AE timeline).

So is there:

A) A way to create physics in Newton based on audio levels, or

B) Is there alternately a way to get Newton to recognize that my shape is being warped on my main timeline, and to have the objects touching it react appropriately?

Thanks!
  • Hey, I own a mac with the current update. I have the CC AE CS6.  I have tried to install like the instructions say.  Drop newton.plugin into the aftereffects plugin folder.  every time I do this I get a message "After Effects error: couldn't find main entry point for PS Layer Import.plugin (48 :: 72)."  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
  • Hello,

Can I copy and paste Body properties from one shape to another while in Newton 2?

Thanks!
  • Hey, I own a mac with the current update. I have the CC AE CS6.  I have tried to install like the instructions say.  Drop newton.plugin into the aftereffects plugin folder.  every time I do this I get a message "After Effects error: couldn't find main entry point for PS Layer Import.plugin (48 :: 72)."  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Please open a support ticket for help with this issue.
  • Hi,

Got an issue with the anchor point.

Indeed, I have animated a simple rectangle scale Y (shape layer) from 0 to 100. But I put the anchor point at the bottom of the shape.

The probleme is, Newton doesnt want to use this anchor position. During the simulation inside Newton, the scale growth from the center of the shape (default anchor point).

How can I fix it ? I tried several ways...nothing works !

Thanks
  • Hi Dimitri,
    Try with a solid instead of a shape layer.

• Well it works. That's weird... :)

Anyway, Thanks for having replied so fast.

See you
  • Gang,
      I'm wondering if the conflict that crashes Newton if Mocha's Pro's 3d export module is installed is being/has been addressed. I just tried to install Newton in my AE CC 2014 and am getting the same AE crash as in AE CC. Seems like this has been a known problem with Newton for quite a while now. Did I maybe miss an update or fix? 

Would sure like to be using Newton again, but can't until this is fixed. Removing Mocha Pro is really not an option.

Thanks for any info you can pass.  :)

Scott Sp.
  • Hi Scott,

Nop sorry, this bug has not been fixed.

Cheers.
    Val.
  • Just checking in a year and half later--I am assuming you guys haven't fixed the issue with Mocha Pro since you haven't updated Newton at all since release. 

Thanks,

Lance
  • This issue (mac only) is hard to solve since it is related to the external GUI library that we and Imagineer both use. The problem doesn't occur with the stand alone Mocha Pro app but with extra plug-ins like mocha3DTrackImporter. As a work around, we found that moving "mocha 3D track importer.plugin" from
    Library>Application Support>Adobe>Plug-ins>CC (or whatever version you installed)
    to
    Applications>Adobe After Effects CC>Plugins
    seems to fix the conflict.
  • I cant seem to install it at all?... =( it's in the right folder and everything and It dose not appear in my composition menu or anywhere?
  • I cant seem to install it at all?... =( it's in the right folder and everything and It dose not appear in my composition menu or anywhere?
    what's your AE version?
  • strange...
    Please open a support ticket in order to provide the best assistance.
  • Any plans to support 3d layers? or can you get reaction of objects to go toward the camera in 3d space. or this just 2d space only thanks
  • Hello! I just purchased this plugin! Very excited to get started... I just have a quick question: I downloaded this plugin to my iMac (has AE) and was going to install it and enter license code...BUT...in one month I'm selling my iMac and am buying a MacBook Pro... Is there a way to deactivate it on my iMac and reactivate it on my new MacBook Pro when the time comes? Thanks for your help!
  • Hello! I just purchased this plugin! Very excited to get started... I just have a quick question: I downloaded this plugin to my iMac (has AE) and was going to install it and enter license code...BUT...in one month I'm selling my iMac and am buying a MacBook Pro... Is there a way to deactivate it on my iMac and reactivate it on my new MacBook Pro when the time comes? Thanks for your help!
    sure, no problem!  Just open a support ticket and we will give you instructions on how to do it.
  • Hello, 

I've just updated Newton to the 2.1 version and i keep getting this message every time I start AE.
    After Effects error: Couldn't find main entry point for Newton.Plugin (48::72)
    Here is my configuration (OS X 10.9.5, After Effects CC 2014 13.1.1)

Please can anyone shed light on the situation, thanks.
  • Hi Nicolas

Could you please try to download the file again and re-install?
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Val.
  • Hi Val,

Everything is OK! now it works.

Thanks
    Nicolas
  • I had the same problem as Nicolas (same configuration also), so followed your advice to him (re-download, reinstall), and now I get the AE error: opening resource file "Newton.aex" (3::54). It shows up as an option under Composition, but selecting it causes AE to crash/quit. (it actually shows up twice as an option, even though I removed the older plugin - only the new 2.1 version resides in the plugins folder, root level) And if I open one of your project files to test, they are without Newton physics.

Any ideas on how to correct this - currently unable to use Newton at all.

Thanks.

Jay
  • Jay, looks like you are using the win version of the plugin on your mac.
  • Well, that was on the right track, as I've discovered. I definitely was using the correct "Newton.plugin" from the Mac folder - but the Win .aex file was still residing in the unarchived Newton download folder (in my downloads, not the Plugins folder). So since you mentioned that, I deleted that folder from my drive all together and just kept the zipped version as a backup, and now all is good. So it seems AE was finding the .aex file even though it wasn't even in the Plugins folder, but elsewhere on the drive. Go figure - but at least all is well now (and if anyone else experiences such strangeness, maybe this will help).

Thanks for the quick response and help.
  • I'm experiencing some oddness when loading scene files in Newton. Let me walk you through what I'm seeing. I have a comp named "extrusion_04" where I jump into Newton, sim some things, save the scene file and then go back into the comp and tweak some motion paths and keyframes. There is no adding or subtracting of layers. I would jump back into Newton and re-sim until things look right. At this point, I saved the scene and rendered to a new comp the keyframes. Things look right, and nothing is wrong.

At this point, I decided that I wanted to make another version, so I duplicated the comp, now "extrusion_05" and loaded up the previous scene file.... nothing sticks. All of the layers are at their default values (no Aematics, or magnetism set, etc etc etc). So I quit and didn't save. I re-opened the old comp "extrusion_04" and the associated scene file, and now IT doesn't work and is at it's defaults..... thoughts??? I've never experienced this before in the program. I'm on OSX 10.6.8 with Newton 2.0.72. Also, "auto load" has been turned off the whole time. Thanks!!
  • Hi George,
    In your version of Newton, scene settings are tied to a specific comp. Settings won't be applied to a duplicate comp. Update Newton by downloading the latest version (2.1), and you'll be able to use scene settings across different comps (by selecting either Layer Index or Layer Name in the Load Settings dialog).
  • Hi George,
    In your version of Newton, scene settings are tied to a specific comp. Settings won't be applied to a duplicate comp. Update Newton by downloading the latest version (2.1), and you'll be able to use scene settings across different comps (by selecting either Layer Index or Layer Name in the Load Settings dialog).
    Awesome, thanks so much for the quick reply. I'll give it an update!
    Cheers
  • This is probably more of a feature request than question, as I feel like there's not a way to do this (or I'm being an idiot), but is there a way to keyframe attributes within Newton? IE: increase the gravity of an object over time, or it's AE Tension? Thanks!
  • Newton2 only accept keyframes from: object position/rotation/scale and animated gravity.
    We already thought about this feature, maybe in a future release.

Cheers.
    Val.
  • The problem is that your shapes are empty (i.e., nothing in Contents).
    Charles
    so, what can i do? i have the same problem here..
  • The problem is that your shapes are empty (i.e., nothing in Contents).
    Charles
    so, what can i do? i have the same problem here..
    Remove the empty shapes, or fill them with something... :)

Val.