• Bug with webm not encoding to 0kb when encoding with high quality plus alpha
    If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.
    Thanks Lee,

Looking into it

Nik

UPD: Fixed, will ship with the 2.0.5
  • Just installed GG 2 using the AE Scripts & Plugin manager. After a couple of test renders it seems to work just fine but each time I've got a JavaScript Alert popup (Error: spawn Unknown system error -86). Though AE gives similarish popups every now and then I haven't seen this one before. Any idea what's causing it and how to fix it from popping up with each gif render?
  • Hi! All the time freeezing my AE (2023) after escape from GifGun settings.
    Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat
    Erro 1: Can't remove file at path...

Disappointment only.
  • Just installed GG 2 using the AE Scripts & Plugin manager. After a couple of test renders it seems to work just fine but each time I've got a JavaScript Alert popup (Error: spawn Unknown system error -86). Though AE gives similarish popups every now and then I haven't seen this one before. Any idea what's causing it and how to fix it from popping up with each gif render?
    We're on it
  • Hi! All the time freeezing my AE (2023) after escape from GifGun settings.
    Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat
    Erro 1: Can't remove file at path...

Disappointment only.
    Hi Roman,
    Thank you for bringing up this bug. Sadly we haven't seen one in our beta test, so may I ask you to share the screenshots of the error in a support ticket?

Nik
  • Hi there, I keep getting an "ENGINE ERROR" on version 1.7.29. How do i fix this? Thanks in advance.
  • After installing, I see the plugin under extensions. But nothing happens when I click it.

Windows 10
    After effects: 23.5.0 Build 52
  • After installing, I see the plugin under extensions. But nothing happens when I click it.

Windows 10
    Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I have answered your ticket so we can proceed there.

Nik
  • Nik Ska said:
    Bug with webm not encoding to 0kb when encoding with high quality plus alpha
    Thanks Lee,

Looking into it

Nik

Thank you for quick update!. Now the webm file with alpha is rendering. However, it's an alpha file, so it's not transparent in premier pro.

Windows 10
    The issue is fixed in v2.0.6
  • Nik Ska said:
    Bug with webm not encoding to 0kb when encoding with high quality plus alpha
    Thanks Lee,

Looking into it

Nik

Thank you for quick update!. Now the webm file with alpha is rendering. However, it's an alpha file, so it's not transparent in premier pro.
    Hi Lee,

We do tests in the browser, I will see to the Premier Pro support of webm + alpha

Nik
  • I can't export gif. When render finish in render queue then nothing happen after that and button "Make GIF" is disable - cant press anymore

Mac OS Ventura 13.5
  • I can't export gif. When render finish in render queue then nothing happen after that and button "Make GIF" is disable - cant press anymore

Mac OS Ventura 13.5
    Hi Vu Anh,

Please do the following after restarting GifGun 2:
    1. Click on the "burger menu" next to the GifGun panel name
    2. Click on "System Panel"
    3. A green "bug" icon will appear in the lower right corner of the GifGun panel
    4. Click on it, click on "Stream Logs" so it is enabled
    5. Click on Copy to copy your logs session
    6. Open a support ticket and send the copied session ID in it
  • Love the update but have experienced a few issues 

On latest ver of Ventura and AE

Issues:
    - Looping gif option does not work, gif doesn't loop. 
    - File size with identical settings is smaller on gifgun v1 
    - Frame rate as comp results in sloooooooow motion  (comp is 60fps), this setting works fine on gifgun v1 
  • Love the update but have experienced a few issues 

On latest ver of Ventura and AE

Issues:
    - Looping gif option does not work, gif doesn't loop. 
    - File size with identical settings is smaller on gifgun v1 
    - Frame rate as comp results in sloooooooow motion  (comp is 60fps), this setting works fine on gifgun v1 
    Hi Ivan,
    We have identified the loop issue and fixing it now
    The FPS thing is a bit tricky since GIF as a format won't support 60 FPS, that's why we left the divisors of 100 as viable FPS. I will look into 60 fps issue.

Nik
  • Hi there, is this a free upgrade for people that bought the previous version? Thank you
  • Hi there, is this a free upgrade for people that bought the previous version? Thank you
    Upgrade details here: https://aescripts.com/gifgun/#upgrade-notice
    How do we activate the upgrade pricing? I bought gifgun 1 a few years ago (aka before March 1, 2023 as noted on the upgrade notice) but I'm not seeing anything about getting that $20 pricing at purchase
    How do we activate the upgrade pricing? I bought gifgun 1 a few years ago (aka before March 1, 2023 as noted on the upgrade notice) but I'm not seeing anything about getting that $20 pricing at purchase
    As explained in the instructions, you need to login to the same account, if you need assistance please open a support ticket 
  • i have the same issue as a few other people —— i go through the settings panel but nothing happens when I click Make Gif

its inactive for some reason

updated GIFGun to v2
    updated Ae to latest...
    im on mac os ventura 13.4.1

• Nik Ska said:
    I can't export gif. When render finish in render queue then nothing happen after that and button "Make GIF" is disable - cant press anymore

Mac OS Ventura 13.5
    Hi Vu Anh,

exact same thing for me
  • Hi Lloyd,
    Can you please clarify the max resolution to produce gifs on both versions of gifgun (1 and 2)
    Is it maxed out at 760?
    Thanks,
    Patrick
  • Infinite loop does not work. GIFs exported only loop once unless entering a limited number of loops instead.
  • If I buy Gif Gun 2 now, will I have access to the standalone version as well with my AE license?
  • Hello. I am Japanese. I'm sorry if my English sentences are strange.

I get the following error and I can't export the gif
    I get the same error even if I set it to render in a custom folder.
    ーーーーーーーー
    file:///Library/Application%20Support/Abobe/CEP/extensions/GifGun%202/index.html
    Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory,unlink ‘/Users/*******/Desktop/******/_1.gif’

Work environment
    ーーーーーーーー
    AE 18.41
    Gif Gun2 2.0.9
  • So does this mean gifgun 1 is dead? I've been getting an engine error
  • So does this mean gifgun 1 is dead? I've been getting an engine error
    Hi, Patrick,

GifGun 1 is discontinued. We will provide limited support by the end of the year. You may submit a support ticket.

Nik
  • Infinite loop does not work. GIFs exported only loop once unless entering a limited number of loops instead.
    Hi Justin,

That was fixed in the latest releases

Nik
  • Hello. I am Japanese. I'm sorry if my English sentences are strange.

I get the following error and I can't export the gif
    I get the same error even if I set it to render in a custom folder.
    ーーーーーーーー
    file:///Library/Application%20Support/Abobe/CEP/extensions/GifGun%202/index.html
    Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory,unlink ‘/Users/*******/Desktop/******/_1.gif’

Work environment
    ーーーーーーーー
    AE 18.41
    Gif Gun2 2.0.9
    Hi! 

Please open a support ticket and we will help you
    We have tested GifGun on AE version 20 and up, so there might be an issue with 18

Nik
  • If I buy Gif Gun 2 now, will I have access to the standalone version as well with my AE license?
    Hi Jonathan,

Great question!
    We plan to release a standalone version as a subscription service. All GifGun 2 license holders will get a year for free.

Nik
  • Silly question: With the render presets, should there be some initial presets available or is that solely based upon us creating our own presets? 
  • Silly question: With the render presets, should there be some initial presets available or is that solely based upon us creating our own presets? 
    Hi Jeremy,

GifGun 2 comes with a "default" preset for each format - GIF/WEBM/MP4. You can create any number of custom presets just by tweaking the corresponding settings and then clicking on the "+" icon. Name the preset and it will be saved as a JSON file.

Nik
  • If I export an .MP4 as lossless plus alpha should it be retaining my transparent background. If so it doesn't seem to be working.
  • Jesse Fox said:
    If I export an .MP4 as lossless plus alpha should it be retaining my transparent background. If so it doesn't seem to be working.
    Hi Jesse,

It's not possible to render H264 mp4 with alpha since it does not have an option for alpha. You may use webm instead.

Nik
  • When I export an MOV file. The plugin appear ''Internal Error : Stack Overrun'' I'm not sure what happened on it.
    Also I can't export MP4 & MOV any video files to gifs ......
    But I'm sure that my wifi is connecting.
    What should I do?
  • Hi Lloyd,
    Can you please clarify the max resolution to produce gifs on both versions of gifgun (1 and 2)
    Is it maxed out at 760?
    Thanks,
    Patrick
    up!
  • Hi Lloyd,
    Is it maxed out at 760?
    Thanks,
    Patrick
    up!
    Hi Patrick,

This is Nik. Sorry, I missed your comment before.
    Both GifGun versions have no upper limit on the resize resolution.
    While GifGun 1 had trial limitations of 350px, GifGun 2 has no trial limitations and you can get and test anytime.
  • lin nenen said:
    When I export an MOV file. The plugin appear ''Internal Error : Stack Overrun'' I'm not sure what happened on it.
    Also I can't export MP4 & MOV any video files to gifs ......
    But I'm sure that my wifi is connecting.
    What should I do?
    Hi Lil,

This error sure looks like an After Effects error rather than GifGun's.
    Here's one possible solution on the Adobe forums: Re: stack overrun expression error - Adobe Support Community - 12748080

Though here's a process for sending us your logs.

Nik
  • Great extension, this is a huge time saver for me as I create a lot of GIFs.

Please consider adding a 15 FPS option. There is a big jump between 20 FPS and 10 FPS. 15 FPS would be a good middle ground for a lot of my GIFs.
  • Great extension, this is a huge time saver for me as I create a lot of GIFs.

Please consider adding a 15 FPS option. There is a big jump between 20 FPS and 10 FPS. 15 FPS would be a good middle ground for a lot of my GIFs.
    Hi Andrew,

Thank you!
    We did have a 15 FPS option before, but frankly that is not a 100% correct way to compress a GIF.
    As a format, GIF splits each second into 100 segments of 1/100s each. Stacking 15 FPS there makes you drop some frames and the result is subpar. So the only "native" options are divisors of 100 - 10, 20, 25, 50. You can still use "as comp" and override this behavior to set 15 FPS.

Nik
  • This is a great product! 
    Enough with unstable online converters, or back and forth between softwares trying to get the right compression. Now is all done in ONE click
  • Hi, I just installed the trial version of GifGun 2, and I'm getting this error when I try to make gifs:

JavaScript Alert - file:///Library/Application%20Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/com.aescripts.gifgun2/index.html

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, unlink '/Volumes/-----/-----/gifs/------_gif.gif'

Any advice as to what's causing this?

AE 23.3.0 Mac OS 11.7.6

Thanks!

• Hi, I just installed the trial version of GifGun 2, and I'm getting this error when I try to make gifs:

JavaScript Alert - file:///Library/Application%20Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/com.aescripts.gifgun2/index.html

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, unlink '/Volumes/-----/-----/gifs/------_gif.gif'

Any advice as to what's causing this?

AE 23.3.0 Mac OS 11.7.6

Thanks!

Hi Orrin,

May I ask you to send us the logs?

Nik

• One other issue I've had: the extension seems to save the project automatically after rendering out a GIF. I make a lot of temporary edits that I don't want saved right before I create a GIF. Edits such as changing text, text position, scale, colors etc. All of these edits end up getting permanently saved to the project. It would be nice if it was at least optional to automatically save the project after rendering.

Kind regards
  • One other issue I've had: the extension seems to save the project automatically after rendering out a GIF. I make a lot of temporary edits that I don't want saved right before I create a GIF. Edits such as changing text, text position, scale, colors etc. All of these edits end up getting permanently saved to the project. It would be nice if it was at least optional to automatically save the project after rendering.

Kind regards
    Hi Andrew,

Thank you for this feedback. We will consider this for the following update.
    There's a number of caveats with the way After Effects is automated, so saving the project is necessary most of the times now.

Nik
  • Hi there, we're having issues when trying use GifGun. Our IT dept need to know what the script is attempting to do or they can't allow us to use it. 
    The two After Effects dialogue / error messages are below, could you let me know what could be causing the issue please.

After Effects warning: ERROR: This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator.

Unable to execute script at line 1012. undefined is not an object
  • Hi there, we're having issues when trying use GifGun. Our IT dept need to know what the script is attempting to do or they can't allow us to use it. 
    The two After Effects dialogue / error messages are below, could you let me know what could be causing the issue please.

After Effects warning: ERROR: This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator.

Unable to execute script at line 1012. undefined is not an object
    Hi Nik,

This is Nik from the team Extrabite. 

In general, as every other CEP extension installed from the aescripts, GifGun does two things:

1. It uses the aescripts licensing library to perform a license check, so you need to allow the extension to  access the network.

2. It requires access to the User Library folder to store the local settings files and other service data. GifGun 2 also requires the access to run binary files like ffmpeg that are stored in its .bin subdirectory.

Your IT department should be able to do that easily, as we already experienced with multiple medium to large businesses using GifGun daily. You may open a support ticket for further support.

• Thanks Nik, really appreciated. I'll pass this on to our IT dept and let you know if they have any further questions.