• imageAutoFill v2

AutoFill is a revolutionary new plugin for After Effects that fluidly fills the bounds of your layer to save you hours of tedious masking & keyframing. Now with state-of-the-art compute caching and MFR native compatibility!

https://aescripts.com/autofill/

• I just "upgraded" mmmm financially unsound... but this "upgrade is not showing up in AE as V2... this smacks of "the presets are what I just paid another 50 quid for" please tell me what I have done wrong ( as I can create my own presets) or I will be using my 35 years of advertising and motion graphics exp to UN-advertise this product... many thanks... prove me wrong (please)
  • I just "upgraded" mmmm financially unsound... but this "upgrade is not showing up in AE as V2... this smacks of "the presets are what I just paid another 50 quid for" please tell me what I have done wrong ( as I can create my own presets) or I will be using my 35 years of advertising and motion graphics exp to UN-advertise this product... many thanks... prove me wrong (please)

To make it fully backwards compatible the name of the plugin stayed the same, please watch the "Installation and Setup" tutorial as it might clear up your issue: https://aescripts.com/autofill/?tab=videos

if you need further assistance please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=PEAF2B-SUL

• This looks like a great feature update. However, is aescripts' policy nowadays to charge exactly twice the price of the previous version and give updates to existing users at half the price (100% of the previous version)? I'm worried that this will become a trend, and if this becomes a trend for plugin updates after the lockdown plugin, I don't think there will be many people using this site in the future. The plugin company that runs the Motion and Boom Box plugins provides lifetime updates to existing users and updates existing users even though they changed their pricing policy. This time, they are giving existing users a very short deadline to get a discount. I think this site's policy is a little too much.
  • Do I understand this correctly? 
    Loyal customers who have supported the developer from the beginning pay more? What kind of lousy moove is that? And after the much too short rip-off Grace period, I should then even pay almost double? Quite arrogant. let's see if you land a crash landing with this pricing policy. I don't think I'd want to buy the product, but I'm sure I'll be reporting this attitude often and gladly.
  • Please provide at least a huge discount to your current users of the V1. 
    Thank you. 
  • Please provide at least a huge discount to your current users of the V1. 
    Thank you. 
    Upgrade details are here: https://aescripts.com/autofill/#upgrade-notice
  • It's very hard for me to digest why I have to buy again when I have already purchased the product it means when you do any update in the future so again we have to buy that it's very inappropriate and you are not giving much discount to the buyers who already have purchased it
  • It's very hard for me to digest why I have to buy again when I have already purchased the product it means when you do any update in the future so again we have to buy that it's very inappropriate and you are not giving much discount to the buyers who already have purchased it
    v1 owners get up to a 75% discount depending on when you purchase it.
  • Will not be purchasing this new product as i find it disgusting that you are charging people who have already purchased v1. I'm out and will not be purchasing any more products in the future.

its about loyalty not GREED.
  • I bought this just a few months ago and have only used it once. Even the upgrade price seems quite high. I'm honestly disappointed.

• Very disappointed with the first one, it gives many errors, and now they also charge you for an update and a very high price, what a disappointment.
  • I'm kind of shocked to see the negative comments. 

I actually came specifically to congratulate you on a job well done! The new version is far more robust than version 1. I already have a project I will be using this for so the cost will pay for itself on the first project - I always cost out my tools to my clients.

As a whole, I'm a big fan of PluginsEverything I really think your plugins are great. Keep up the good work!!!

I'll say one last thing to all the cost talk here... I pay about $5-6k on licensing and tools each year. it's just part of doing business. When you find a tool like the new Autofill 2, the question I have for myself is can I pull off the same look this quickly with any other tool?  The answer is no. Saving time is the key!  And what is time?...Time is money. There is no better way to make more money at what we do than maximizing our productive, that's why this tool is worth the cost.

• The First one was a little glitchy, slow (even on M1) and not fixed yet.
    Used not much (maybe three o four times with limitations)
    So.... I don't know... Do I want to upgrade for this price?..
    I will think, but will try demo first
  • Hi, my autofill stars drawing masks borders, not a one line in the middle
  • I'm kind of shocked to see the negative comments. 

I actually came specifically to congratulate you on a job well done! The new version is far more robust than version 1. I already have a project I will be using this for so the cost will pay for itself on the first project - I always cost out my tools to my clients.

As a whole, I'm a big fan of PluginsEverything I really think your plugins are great. Keep up the good work!!!

I'll say one last thing to all the cost talk here... I pay about $5-6k on licensing and tools each year. it's just part of doing business. When you find a tool like the new Autofill 2, the question I have for myself is can I pull off the same look this quickly with any other tool?  The answer is no. Saving time is the key!  And what is time?...Time is money. There is no better way to make more money at what we do than maximizing our productive, that's why this tool is worth the cost.

I'm not talking about the price, I'm talking about the quality of the plugin. Someone can't buy a plugin because they can't afford it. I've invested in plugins on this site that cost thousands of dollars. Of course, the visible quality of Autofill2 is very high. But I'm afraid that this kind of pricing will become a trend in the future. Yesterday it was Lockdown 3, today it's Autofill 2. In two years, an updated Autofill 3 with new features will cost $200, and existing Autofill 2 users will be so grateful for a week that they will buy the plugin discounted to $100. I wonder if this pricing policy is done by the plugin maker or by aescript. Plugin Everything has been offering very good plugins for free or at a reasonable price to their existing users. I trusted them and bought their plugins just because of their name. I'm sure many people did, but if they continue with this pricing policy, they will lose the trust of their existing users. I think the least they could do is give existing users a bigger discount, or lower the price of the plugin itself (what's the point of doubling it? Lockdown 2 even bundled multiple plugins), or at the very least, cancel the limited-time discount and give existing users unlimited time to decide if they want to buy the plugin or not. Think about what's in it for the long term, not just the short term. A service that loses customer trust will never last long.
  • The brief grace period raises some concerns for me. It would be more reassuring if the upgraded price remained consistently accessible for purchases at any time for V1 users. The current approach seems to resemble a somewhat manipulative sales strategy, aiming to generate maximum revenue within a specific timeframe. And I know it's none of my biz, but what is the rationale to limit the update period? Seems to me it's to capitalize on an influx of funds, quickly. Which to me, is a desperate sales strategy. Also, it's very likely those that own V1 also have a ton of other Plugin Everything products which is evident of a loyal customer base. That should be considered as well.
  • Hi, my autofill stars drawing masks borders, not a one line in the middle

Please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=PEAF2B-SUL
  • This is so not done. I am in favor of purchasing plugins and all but not getting ripped off!
    original users have to pay 50$ for getting new version! this is insane.
    means even if i get this version upgraded then there is no certainty that after 6-12months u wont make another version and rip me apart again. i mean common, new version better or not, should not be this expensive specially for the users you have already been loyal to you!.
    anyway i am outta here!
  • Thank you all for your honest feedback. Pricing was our decision and not aescripts policy. AF1 required a total rewrite to get it up to scratch with MFR and compute caching, which of course is not customers fault. I think the takeaway from all the comments is a longer upgrade grace period and larger discounts for existing customers.

I absolutely believe the v2 product we put out is worth the increased price tag, it's the upgrade policy that has rubbed everyone the wrong way and we will learn from that for future releases. 
  • Thank you all for your honest feedback. Pricing was our decision and not aescripts policy. AF1 required a total rewrite to get it up to scratch with MFR and compute caching, which of course is not customers fault. I think the takeaway from all the comments is a longer upgrade grace period and larger discounts for existing customers.

I absolutely believe the v2 product we put out is worth the increased price tag, it's the upgrade policy that has rubbed everyone the wrong way and we will learn from that for future releases. 
    Hey James, good to hear from you and great job on V2, it does look robust for sure.  I do get the price increase and with the level of work and difficulty put in with a complete overhaul.  I mostly was thrown off by the grace period since I usually upgrade when the time is right when I need to use it.  It's not a money issue at all but more about a "hurry up and buy or lose it" situation.  And a lot of times I never see the new upgrades or overlook them quite a while after they are released.  Which in this case it would urk me since I do own most of your products and would feel slighted a bit.  But again, great job on V2.
  • ¿Cuál es la diferencia en las 3 licencias?

Porque no nos dan un mayor descuento a quienes confiamos en ustedes con AutoFill V1 que compramos desde el 2022
  • Thanks for the quick and accurate feedback James, I think your plugin will be well worth the price. I too have had some emotions running high from what happened during lockdown 2. I apologize for that. I was worried that other plugins would follow suit with their upgrade policies in the future. As long as your upgrade policy is considerate of your existing users, I will continue to purchase and use your wonderful plugin with confidence, not only for upgrades, but for any new plugins that come out.
  • Compre la Licencia de la Versión 1 en $50, ahora con EL GRAN DESCUENTO QUE USTEDES ESTÁN OFRECIENDO. 

Me vuelve a salir en $50 comprando la Versión 2 de ser así, exigiría mi reembolso de la versión 1 y no volvería a usar su programa, ya es que una falta de respeto que no valoren la lealtad y apoyo que les damos, ya que La versión 1 quedara sin mantenimiento, con muchos errores, solicito el reembolso y me voy. 
    Thank you all for your honest feedback. Pricing was our decision and not aescripts policy. AF1 required a total rewrite to get it up to scratch with MFR and compute caching, which of course is not customers fault. I think the takeaway from all the comments is a longer upgrade grace period and larger discounts for existing customers.

• The brief grace period raises some concerns for me. It would be more reassuring if the upgraded price remained consistently accessible for purchases at any time for V1 users. The current approach seems to resemble a somewhat manipulative sales strategy, aiming to generate maximum revenue within a specific timeframe. And I know it's none of my biz, but what is the rationale to limit the update period? Seems to me it's to capitalize on an influx of funds, quickly. Which to me, is a desperate sales strategy. Also, it's very likely those that own V1 also have a ton of other Plugin Everything products which is evident of a loyal customer base. That should be considered as well.
    I would like to reiterate what Brandon has to say here. This strategy is distasteful to add to the already unfortunate nature of Adobe's subscription model, we are now subject to subscribing to 3rd party plugins for undetermined amounts of time. While there isn't currently any 1-to-1 replacement for After Effects I've gone to great lengths to rid myself of their other software. Pricing models like this go further to illustrate that After Effects is an untenable investment for the freelancer / small studio market. This is not the first time I've had to let already "purchased" plugin licenses go to waste, but I'm getting off this merry-go-round. 
  • I see lots of frustration here in the comments, and personally I'm torn. Software development cost money and time. Complete rewrites takes time, but it is much quicker than starting from scratch. You've got a roadmap, you know what does and doesn't work, and you know if you have a sellable product.

Is it worth the upgrade... I think so... But after seeing this upgrade offer, I'm not sure.

I am a fan of Plugin Everything. I own several of your plugins, and want to reward you for the work you do.

On one hand (sorry negatives first):

1 - Auto Fill was super cool, but it didn't live up to expectations, and honestly it was broken too.
    - Not counting MFR and/or compute caching, it was a bit crashtastic (at least for me).
    - Anytime I tried to use it, I had to use it in a separate composition and render it to use in even a simple charity recap.
    - In the latest couple of versions of After Effects, when I loaded any project that used it would auto crash
    - It was more than a bit time consuming to set all the layers right to get it to work how you wanted,
    Often I would have to use more than on Auto Fill comp as routing the fill path around things caused the fill to look like it had paused. Thus rendering out different parts, then adjusting, rerendering... and then, honestly giving up after not seeing any updates on it at all between purchasing Auto Fill and now.

2 - Other legacy plugins that don't have MFR or compute caching (Twitch from Video Copilot for example) still can be used in a project, Even if it takes a extra long time to render that part, you can work with them without AE crashing (again in my experiences).

3 - Last negative, and the most important: The last time Auto Fill (v1) was updated was November 16, 2022, but I bought it in December of 2022 so as a customer I have not experienced one single update to improve stability. But I only qualify for your second tier upgrade price.

On the Other Hand (positives):
    1 - This version looks like it solves every hickup, problem, wish, and hope I had for Auto Fill
    2 - Adding features and adding presets built into the plugin is very nice
    3 - If it works as advertised, it is well worth the money.

Bottom Line... and I do hope this is read by the dev and taken as loving, but constructive criticism. Honestly, what turned me from glee to a frustrated facepalm was that upgrade pricing and limitations. That upgrade pricing structure made me pause buying Cartoon Moblur too and wonder if this was going to happen with Deep Glow and Shadow Studio 2...

With zero updates since purchase 8 months ago and yet only being offered a second tier upgrade price for one single week. I want to reward you for work done... But the way this was rolled out and the upgrade tiers feels insulting as a customer.

I have it in my cart... but as I'm typing this I honestly don't know if I'm going to "Proceed To Checkout."

• This is my first time commenting on a plug-in that I purchased on this website. I saw this new version sent to my email by aescripts this week only. Version 1 was umm, I haven't touched it again since it's really glitchy and crashes my Ae (every time).

Version 2, looks promising and I hope it will be a totally different experience against Version 1. I've added it on my cart already but with all the negative comments I read here. I really don't know if I will "proceed to check" out before the SALE ends in 2 days. I agree with most comments here in terms of the upgrade grace period, and the price could be more considerate to Version 1 owners with very little less benefit to the plugin's original advertisement at the time.

Hoping for the devs and aescripts team are not just 'reading' our sentiments. But 'listening' as well. Extend the upgrade period. Make the price a little considerate to Version 1 owners. Thanks.
  • I agree with all the comments here. As an owner of V1, I essentially had to stop using it because it was so glitchy. I appreciate a total rewrite takes a lot of work, but the upgrade pricing is a bit steep and the short grace period doesn't give us a chance to wait for reviews to come in to see if it's actually fixed and finally lives up to the promises made in v1. 
  • Is it compatible with apple M1 chip? 
  • Max Max said:
    Is it compatible with apple M1 chip? 
    Yes
  • Es decepcionante ver como solo leen nuestros comentarios y no dan solución o respuesta a nuestras quejas.
    Sabemos que la mayoría de veces no les importamos como clientes, solo les importa el dinero que les dejamos y nada más. 
  • Apart from the controversial upgrade costs and policy (please learn from all the comments below), and a few early gotchas like not using AF 2 on 3D active text layers (seems to hang AE), I have used AutoFill 2 on a test project and was blown away by the speed and look of the result, which would be very time-consuming and difficult to obtain otherwise. The potential for amazing results is immediately obvious. Definitely a big move forward from v1, and so far, more reliable too. I own many Plugin Everything brilliant products, and am adding this to the collection, with the proviso that you adjust your pricing for new versions to be fairer to those like myself who are already happily invested with you. Keep on Plugging In :)
  • looks good,
    Is the default comp size now 4K?

Many thanks.
  • Ok, I will buy.
    After a small test I decided to do this.
    Plugin was stable and fast.
    So... ok.
  • Does this work on 3d models?
  • Quick question:

This new version will keep an animation alredy done with the previous version or it will "destroy" the previous animation done with v1?

This because I'm in the midlle of a project, and I'm afraid of destroying what I have done before.
  • Quick question:

This new version will keep an animation alredy done with the previous version or it will "destroy" the previous animation done with v1?

This because I'm in the midlle of a project, and I'm afraid of destroying what I have done before.

the new version is fully backwards compatible, but you should always keep a back up of your work ;)
  • I agree with all the comments here. As an owner of V1, I essentially had to stop using it because it was so glitchy. I appreciate a total rewrite takes a lot of work, but the upgrade pricing is a bit steep and the short grace period doesn't give us a chance to wait for reviews to come in to see if it's actually fixed and finally lives up to the promises made in v1. 
    I absolutely agree. It should be free version upgrade for owners of AF 1 - cause it was completely disaster! And now regular fix is like new product, although we payed for a non working product and were waitng for a fix for all those years. It is very not fair!!!
  • I was lucky I noticed this by the time the grace period ran out. I've read the other comments and I can understand them. I personally think that coding and software is incredible. I like to be payed well for what I do. And therefore I should do the same. I got some good uses out of v1 and yes it was crashy too. So I am so excited to get this improved version. It's a great product and I am sooo excited to have some projects I can play with it. There are so many other companies in the industry that do take advantage of shitty sales methods. I think plugin everything is not one of them. I use QCA,a lot, FXAA & Displacer Pro now and then. All freebies. Now Deep Glow I use a absolute bucket load and that is given me a ton of value. Congratulations guys and I hope this is a banger!
  • I was lucky I noticed this by the time the grace period ran out. I've read the other comments and I can understand them. I personally think that coding and software is incredible. I like to be payed well for what I do. And therefore I should do the same. I got some good uses out of v1 and yes it was crashy too. So I am so excited to get this improved version. It's a great product and I am sooo excited to have some projects I can play with it. There are so many other companies in the industry that do take advantage of shitty sales methods. I think plugin everything is not one of them. I use QCA,a lot, FXAA & Displacer Pro now and then. All freebies. Now Deep Glow I use a absolute bucket load and that is given me a ton of value. Congratulations guys and I hope this is a banger!
    Thanks Ben!
  • Gary Bird said:
    Apart from the controversial upgrade costs and policy (please learn from all the comments below), and a few early gotchas like not using AF 2 on 3D active text layers (seems to hang AE), I have used AutoFill 2 on a test project and was blown away by the speed and look of the result, which would be very time-consuming and difficult to obtain otherwise. The potential for amazing results is immediately obvious. Definitely a big move forward from v1, and so far, more reliable too. I own many Plugin Everything brilliant products, and am adding this to the collection, with the proviso that you adjust your pricing for new versions to be fairer to those like myself who are already happily invested with you. Keep on Plugging In :)
    Thanks Gary!
  • Version 1 was pretty much a waste of money, so I won't bwe paying for v2. Sorry! I 100% agree it should eb a free upgrade for buyers of v1.

this is coming from a fan of most of PE scripts
  • From the look of the teaser, I love the upgrades. Although I do not think it should be a free update for v1 users, because that wouldn't influence ANY developer to build new features let alone 'v2's"; current upgrade price will surely make me stay away from "We're trying a new thing, appreciate the support" kind of plugins for a while. I would just hold my money and wait for v2's, which will have the real intended stability and features anyway. I don't think $50 is a good balance between both, respectfully. Cheers!
  • I got version 2 and is working pretty well. I really like the Style builder, but, Is there a way to "save" our own presets? Other than copying and pasting the effect on the new layer?
  • This is freakin' Brilliant!!! so I tried it out last night and... wow! Seriously, you guys nailed it. It's so fast now, and the bridges and preset builder? are so good! Would be cool though, like someone mentioned before, to have a way to save our own presets. Until then, I'm just going to stick 'em in a hidden layer and come back to it.

I've read some comments about the price, but I think it's worth it. I can see this making my map animations next level, and I'm pretty sure it'll pay for itself in no time. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes next! it's an amazing release!
  • This is freakin' Brilliant!!! so I tried it out last night and... wow! Seriously, you guys nailed it. It's so fast now, and the bridges and preset builder? are so good! Would be cool though, like someone mentioned before, to have a way to save our own presets. Until then, I'm just going to stick 'em in a hidden layer and come back to it.

I've read some comments about the price, but I think it's worth it. I can see this making my map animations next level, and I'm pretty sure it'll pay for itself in no time. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes next! it's an amazing release!
    Thanks  Ben! 
  • You should be offering your loyal supporter a free upgrade to V2! Not cool! I won't be purchasing.
  • I 100% agree it should be a free upgrade for buyers of v1!!! I hope that you can make this possible! 
  • I really do need to chime in on others complaining about the upgrade pricing scheme. While I loved the idea with v1, I was burned sooooo many times on projects glitching out that I had to stop using the plug-in for paying gigs. I just couldn't risk having a project unusable halfway through an assignment. A real shame, as it looks like v2 is promising what v1 said it could do. Oh well, I won't be upgrading after a terrible v1 experience. 
  • I bought V1 right at release and was only able to use it once in a small project, after that I had always issues, so I eventually stopped using it. I can comprehend that the update is not free, but 75$ is way too much if you already paid for a buggy version.
  • 댓글 삭제하네?