• Upgrading is twenty box less than a regular purchase at an hundred boxes ?

I understand that it takes time & efforts to build this new version, but its "A LOT" for all the guys here who encourage you since the begining of this plugin.

All thoses comments about the "ridiculous" update price will scare new customers reading this comment feed, cause they will think it may happen again in next versions.

By the way, just looked at the videos about this new version and it seems to be very cool update with many new good features.

Maybe just adjust the update pricing for thoses who buy v1? (I'm sure that everyone will let a good comment here for your accomodation if you do so...) And personally, i'll delete this comment if the update appear at a reasonable price in a near future.

Peace ! And thank you for all the works you've done to simplify our day to day works with amazing plugins Mr. Lloyd Alvarez.
  • OK, I'm with all the others here who are scratching their heads at the upgrade price. V1 was always glitchy and sometimes unusable, but we paid full whack for it and mostly put up with what turned out to be an unstable product because... well perhaps we wanted to support the developer and like their products, and we're not an especially whiny bunch.
    Now you come out with a $75 UPGRADE price for V2? So like buying the whole thing all over again, except for a (hopefully) working version?
    No way, that feels like a rip off. Come on, please do better.
  • Like everybody here, owner of the V1, I won't pay a second time for the update (the discount is so small)...
    I'm sure you can do better also ! 
  • For me too, i wont pay again twice the same plugin
  • Waiting for a very long period of time for a more stable update of v1,
    suddenly PE comes with v2 Asking to pay $75?

Don't get me wrong. I'm always willing to pay for the efforts put in development but this feels out of proportion and a slap in the face
    of v1 owners.

I'll pass

• Are you serious about the upgrade pricing ????
    no thanks.
  • Sorry to complain about price - but couldn't you be a bit kinder to the people who supported you and bought V1?
    Charging 2x the original price doesn't feel like a very appreciative upgrade figure, especially as V1 had issues.

Bought v1 in early 2021, only used it a couple of times - was too unstable and had caching errors.

Would like to support you and purchase v2, especially if it is stable now.

• Ben Mason said:
    Sorry to complain about price - but couldn't you be a bit kinder to the people who supported you and bought V1?
    Charging 2x the original price doesn't feel like a very appreciative upgrade figure, especially as V1 had issues.

Bought v1 in early 2021, only used it a couple of times - was too unstable and had caching errors.

forget it, comments like ours are basically ignored at aescripts. I think the author will remain silent, a lot of people will be angry, but the upgrade-price will not change.. Little by little our comments will be removed, only the positive ones will remain, and eventually nobody will talk about it. Unfortunately. 
  • Ben Mason said:
    Sorry to complain about price - but couldn't you be a bit kinder to the people who supported you and bought V1?

forget it, comments like ours are basically ignored at aescripts. I think the author will remain silent, a lot of people will be angry, but the upgrade-price will not change.. Little by little our comments will be removed, only the positive ones will remain, and eventually nobody will talk about it. Unfortunately. 
    Hi Kai

The community consensus is very clear: make upgrade pricing more affordable for customers who have previously purchased since they are supporters of the product. Plugin Everything will definitely be making future new major releases cheaper for existing customers. We won't be reducing the pricing of AutoFill 2 as we brought on the industry's best (and that comes with a cost) developer who rewrote v2 from scratch. 
  • OK, I'm with all the others here who are scratching their heads at the upgrade price. V1 was always glitchy and sometimes unusable, but we paid full whack for it and mostly put up with what turned out to be an unstable product because... well perhaps we wanted to support the developer and like their products, and we're not an especially whiny bunch.
    Now you come out with a $75 UPGRADE price for V2? So like buying the whole thing all over again, except for a (hopefully) working version?
    No way, that feels like a rip off. Come on, please do better.
    Hi Shannon. Understood, we will do better in the future. 
  • To the entire aescripts community:

We hear you loud and clear. Upgrade pricing needs to be cheaper for existing customers. 

We sincerely apologise that v1 was not up to scratch. It was built before MFR was released, and the AutoFill 1 GPU architecture was fundamentally incompatible with the way MFR works and it had major caching issues that we could not overcome. Realising this we outsourced development of AF2 to the best plugin developer in the business. We won't be reducing the AF2 price since we believe the product is leaps and bounds better than v1, which was a cheaper product at $50. 

We are committed to not repeating the errors we made in releasing and the way we handled issues with AutoFill v1.
  • Ben Mason said:

Hi Kai

The community consensus is very clear: make upgrade pricing more affordable for customers who have previously purchased since they are supporters of the product. Plugin Everything will definitely be making future new major releases cheaper for existing customers. We won't be reducing the pricing of AutoFill 2 as we brought on the industry's best (and that comes with a cost) developer who rewrote v2 from scratch. 
    Thanks for the response, at least now there is some feedback. 
    I can truly understand that the new version has to be more expensive due to higher development costs. 
    But here we talk primarily about the upgrade price. If most of the V1 users are disappointed and don't want to pay for the upgrade because of the higher price, it won't bring any money from these users. You could for example make a special upgrade discoiunt for all existing users, which is only valid for one week. 
    For me, I would probably pay $50, not more, because I don't really need the plugin. 
    I bought over 150 plugins and scripts on AEScripts over the years, including some from PE. 
    And, to be honest, most of them are rarely used, some I have never tried. Many of them I bought only in case I might need them someday.
    Or just to support the developers.

AutoFill 2 looks cool, but for me now (also because V1 never ran well) it's no longer necessary and rather a nice to have. 
    Apart from the fact that soon we will probably see animations everywhere, that were created with AF2 ;)

Maybe I'll just wait for AotoFill V3 then. Nevertheless, keep up the good work!
  • Ben Mason said:

Hi Kai

I can truly understand that the new version has to be more expensive due to higher development costs. 
    But here we talk primarily about the upgrade price. If most of the V1 users are disappointed and don't want to pay for the upgrade because of the higher price, it won't bring any money from these users. You could for example make a special upgrade discoiunt for all existing users, which is only valid for one week. 
    For me, I would probably pay $50, not more, because I don't really need the plugin. 
    I bought over 150 plugins and scripts on AEScripts over the years, including some from PE. 
    And, to be honest, most of them are rarely used, some I have never tried. Many of them I bought only in case I might need them someday.

AutoFill 2 looks cool, but for me now (also because V1 never ran well) it's no longer necessary and rather a nice to have. 
    Apart from the fact that soon we will probably see animations everywhere, that were created with AF2 ;)

Thanks Kai. I can understand why anyone who had a bad experience with v1 would be skeptical paying anything, even a small upgrade fee for v2. 

For those that do, I believe they will have a much better experience and hopefully the cost can pay itself back in the time they save. 
  • Ben Mason said:

Hi Kai

Thanks Kai. I can understand why anyone who had a bad experience with v1 would be skeptical paying anything, even a small upgrade fee for v2. 

For those that do, I believe they will have a much better experience and hopefully the cost can pay itself back in the time they save. 
    Please note that v2 has been released for almost 2 months and we have yet to receive any bug reports. So this should re-assure you that v2 is rock solid 
  • Not interested in paying for paying so much for V2.  I thought I'd save a ton of time with V1 and never had a good experience with it. If I found a colleague's AEP session with autofill I added a couple hours to the estimate to deal with the plugin.  I imagine there's been some significant approval for V2, but it would be foolish of me to essentially buy the problem again hoping it'll go differently.
  • Not interested in paying for paying so much for V2.  I thought I'd save a ton of time with V1 and never had a good experience with it. If I found a colleague's AEP session with autofill I added a couple hours to the estimate to deal with the plugin.  I imagine there's been some significant approval for V2, but it would be foolish of me to essentially buy the problem again hoping it'll go differently.
    See my previous comment, you can be assured you wont have the same issues with v2. Also, as stated in our refund policy we will issue a refund if you have any issues we are not able to resolve.
  • Imagine my disappointment today finding out that V2 came out, but with measly incentive for those who fully paid for V1. Now, having sound judgement, I do not, at all, expect a free upgrade, for I understand the serious time and money invested to develop V2. However, I feel incredibly disrespected as someone who supported V1, that what I get in the end, is a now obsolete version of the software, with its most recent version not even stable enough to be usable; that if I wanted access to its more stable version, V2 (to think stability should be a bare minimum for any software), I would have to pay $75. I find that simply borderline unethical, and ungrateful to its early supporters.
  • Good afternoon. I am very grateful to you for developing such a useful and effective plugin.
    I wanted to share my achievements in work. The combination of effects and your plugin can create extraordinary effects!
    Follow the link to see the result of my work.
  • Good afternoon. I am very grateful to you for developing such a useful and effective plugin.
    I wanted to share my achievements in work. The combination of effects and your plugin can create extraordinary effects!
    Follow the link to see the result of my work.

Awesome! Thanks Serhii !
  • $75 for an upgrade moves this from a no-brainer to a "I'll wait and see if I have a job that justifies it".

• $99 down to $75 means you basically are now saying V1 users paid for broken software and you are now saying if we want a fully working product then we should pay extra on top of someone who was smart enough not to buy V1. This is incredibly unethical and at the very least you should be reducing the price of V2 to equal what we have already paid in because as you have stated in this comments section (and I have screen capped) V2 is actually what V1 was originally supposed to be. You went back to the drawing board and told V1 owners they could have a fully working product for $125 (roughly as I paying £ and cant see what the original price was I paid) You are even using the same templates which is further evidence that V2 is actually a working V1 and not a natural progression of the software. 

It never worked properly in the first place so I will be getting my money back for the comments you have made here as evidence and purchasing V2 because it actually looks good but you can be sure I will be making a video detailing this middle finger to the people who supported you 

**UPDATE** 

After explaining this to my students I noticed that you cant actually buy V1 anymore, is that correct? which means further evidence suggesting that V2 is V1, it isn't a natural enhancement or progression like other software developers do. This is a straight up slap in the face to everyone who had faith in your products. I love this software and I will get my hands on V2 but only at a fair price, mark my words I am like a dog with a bone when something gets my back up!
  • I updated After Effects to version 2024 and the plugin simply stopped working.
  • Also not working here in After Effects 2024
  • Also not working here in After Effects 2024
    What issue exactly are you experiencing? 

Have you installed it in 2024? In the aescripts + aeplugins manager app right-click and select 'Custom Installation' and make sure you are installing into the same version of After Effects that you are using. You might need to uninstall first. Please restart after installing.

If you still need assistance please open a support ticket and include as much detail as possible. The more details you can provide including screenshots the more likely we will be able to assist you.

• Is this product really costing $75 US ($118.41 AUD) to upgrade from version 1 to 2?

Some days later and Plugin Everything have lowered the price of this plugin slightly to $117.00 AUD (about $74.55 USD).

I understand the position held by customers and software developers alike when products sold on this site are upgraded to more sophisticated models. Smaller software developers need to cover their research and development costs, and customers expect reward for their on-going loyalty. Nevertheless the fact remains, motion and still graphic plugins come and go according to fashion, or are improved on by rival developers with
    greater resources.

I am a long term customer of Adobe and the three main motion/ still graphic developers who make the real magic happen in After Effects and Photoshop. Subscribing to the three main software players assures consistency in re-subscription prices; relatively quick bug solutions and longevity on product use. Most of us may wish to support smaller companies. However this comes with the knowledge we never know when a product will be updated; how much it will cost and whether it will be discontinued. 
  • Your email just now:

"New version of AutoFill v2, version 2.0.1 (November 2023) Special Upgrade Pricing
    All owners of AutoFill 1 qualify for special upgrade pricing depending on the purchase date:
    If you purchased before Apr 1st 2023  
    Upgrade for $50 before August 12th, 2023 (limited-time intro discount) 
    Upgrade for $75 after August 12th, 2023

When was this email sent? Before August 12th? Because I can't see why you'd offer me an upgrade price today that expired 3 months ago - logging in reveals my upgrade option is $75 still.

• Yeah, I'm not against reasonable charges for significant upgrades, but the pricing here (and non-sensical email dates regarding August for mail received in November) do not encourage me to stick with this vendor for this or other products. And I certainly hope if there are significant bugs in version 1 breaking functionality, that those will be fixed so existing customers didn't simply flush $50 down the drain on initial purchase.
  • I got mail from the past. How can ı upgrade 12 august in september. I think you should reopen 50 dolar upgrade for this week. Also AF1 has lots of problem. I try a coule time after that i didnt use it but also i dont send it back cause i believe you.
  • When was this email sent? Before August 12th? Because I can't see why you'd offer me an upgrade price today that expired 3 months ago - logging in reveals my upgrade option is $75 still.

yes this was an error, you can see the upgrade details here: https://aescripts.com/autofill/#upgrade-notice
  • Vaya que siguen estafando a la gente. Como es posible que hace unos meses tenia que pagar $50 por la licencia y al día de hoy le han subido ha $75 con el descuento por tener la versión 1. 
  • I upgraded 3 weeks ago at the previous price. Can I at least get a $25 discount on future purchases?
  • Hello, I have just purchased AutoFill v2.  I cannot getit to work on a particular artwork.

It's basically some text (Like Times New Roman).  It will grow only a small ammount. I have checked the Wiki Troubshoot for growth and it doesn't change.  How best to get help?

Many thanks

Steve
  • Hello, I have just purchased AutoFill v2.  I cannot getit to work on a particular artwork.

It's basically some text (Like Times New Roman).  It will grow only a small ammount. I have checked the Wiki Troubshoot for growth and it doesn't change.  How best to get help?

Many thanks

Steve

If you need assistance please open a support ticket and include as much detail as possible. The more details you can provide including screenshots the more likely we will be able to assist you.
  • The upgrade pricing for those of us who bought v1 is crazy. Absolutely no reward for those who perservered through the slow and buggy v1. Dissappointing, and kind of a tell for what I could expect in the future if I were to buy this. The fact that v1 is no longer on the market shows that this is actually the same product that you are trying to force people to buy second time. Very dissappointing.

It's also super backwards from a financial perspective. You're going to get less sales because everyone is turned off, and it will eventually get pirated and you'll make even less. If you charged a fair price more people would actually just upgrade.
  • Good afternoon everyone!
    I would like to share a video in which this plugin is used effectively.
    Many thanks to the author for his work!
  • "We hear you loud and clear," but get f*cked anyway.

"We are committed to not repeating the errors we made in releasing and the way we handled issues with AutoFill v1," so we've decided to make new errors in the way we handled AutoFill v2
    I'm being cheeky; the portion in quotes is what was actually said. I made additions in blue.
    But seriously, the upgrade pricing is ridiculous. Give it the upgrade pricing for Shadow Studio 3, and I'm on board. AutoFill v1 was incredibly buggy. Your own costs to improve a faulty product shouldn't land on the consumer who supported you. Since you feel that it does, you should then reap the reward of having fewer customers. That's fair, right?

But you didn't consider that at launch. Your window to address this displacement of trust is closing.
  • Sorry, I'll pass on this one - the $75US update price is simply too high. 
  • Hello,

I am a student, and I am learning after effects. We have been asked to design a kinetic typeface, so I will need to animate 50 letters (upper/lowercase) for this project. I have found this plugin to help me save time so I can focus on design, and I have been able to apply the effect without issue. 

However, I am confused about what I should buy to render all letters and have unlimited renders for one device. I am still learning After Effects, but I would like this project in my portfolio. Can someone tell me which licensing I need to purchase to have unlimited renders for one device?

Thank you
  • Zeta Cruz said:
    Hello,

I am a student, and I am learning after effects. We have been asked to design a kinetic typeface, so I will need to animate 50 letters (upper/lowercase) for this project. I have found this plugin to help me save time so I can focus on design, and I have been able to apply the effect without issue. 

However, I am confused about what I should buy to render all letters and have unlimited renders for one device. I am still learning After Effects, but I would like this project in my portfolio. Can someone tell me which licensing I need to purchase to have unlimited renders for one device?

Thank you

purchase a single user license.
  • Is there a way I can reverse the fill-in without a preset?
  • "We hear you loud and clear," but get f*cked anyway.

"We are committed to not repeating the errors we made in releasing and the way we handled issues with AutoFill v1," so we've decided to make new errors in the way we handled AutoFill v2
    I'm being cheeky; the portion in quotes is what was actually said. I made additions in blue.
    But seriously, the upgrade pricing is ridiculous. Give it the upgrade pricing for Shadow Studio 3, and I'm on board. AutoFill v1 was incredibly buggy. Your own costs to improve a faulty product shouldn't land on the consumer who supported you. Since you feel that it does, you should then reap the reward of having fewer customers. That's fair, right?

But you didn't consider that at launch. Your window to address this displacement of trust is closing.
    They don't care about their customers, they've made that clear in their replies. There's absolutely no reason they wouldn't go do this with a v3 again.
  • Zeta Cruz said:
    Is there a way I can reverse the fill-in without a preset?

please open a Support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • I bought the first version and the final flicker in the renders was unacceptable. How do I know that this won't happen now in version II? Should I spend $75 to get frustrated again? Convince me that it won't.