• imageNewton 4

Unleash realistic physics in After Effects with Newton4, transforming 2D layers into authentic simulations of real-world objects. The trial version is fully functional but export is restricted to 25 frames.Newton is discounted 50% for students and faculty. More info here.

https://aescripts.com/newton/

• Wow. Great work.
    Is it backwards compatible.
    Do I uninstall 3 to run any old saved setups
  • Thanks Ben!

Yes it's backward compatible, you can remove N3 safetly. :)

Wow. Great work. Is it backwards compatible. Do I uninstall 3 to run any old saved setups

• I have bought the new verion 4, but my sample browser list is empty? It's also not part of the file menu mentioned in help document. The Sample Browser is in Help menu.
  • Hi Mike!

You need to to put "Motion Boutique" folder of the archive in you Documents folder.

I have bought the new verion 4, but my sample browser list is empty? It's also not part of the file menu mentioned in help document. The Sample Browser is in Help menu.

• Really nice update. I was wondering, what effect did you use to make it go from 2D to 3D like in the trailer? It's really cool, but I'm not good enough to follow it.It's really volumeful. Even with drop shadows and inner shadows, it doesn't look like that.
  • Thank you Lee!

I've use Plugin Everything Shadow Studio with a mix of "Layer style" in AE.

• Thank you Lee!

I've use Plugin Everything Shadow Studio with a mix of "Layer style" in AE.

I had a feeling it was something like that, and it's right! I also bought ShadowStudio 3. They're both very nice.
  • Just update to Newton 4 but when I launch the popup window the UI is too small, the text etc. Is there a way of sizing up the UI in preferences or is it something in AE that I need to do? AE UI is fine just the Newton popup window is small. I'm on windows 10.
  • Just update to Newton 4 but when I launch the popup window the UI is too small, the text etc. Is there a way of sizing up the UI in preferences or is it something in AE that I need to do? AE UI is fine just the Newton popup window is small. I'm on windows 10.
    follow this guide https://thegeekpage.com/disable-display-scaling-on-high-dpi-settings/
    But don't replace it with application here, replace it with system (not system enhanced). This is how I solved it.
  • Hi Gary,

Could you open a support ticket with a capture of ae interface + Newton4?

Thank you!

• We have released Newton 4.0.77 that fix the display issue with high DPI monitors on Windows. Please update! :)
  • I like this script very much, but I hope it can support Chinese
  • Hi!

Not sure since we don't have any computer running this kind of characters but we would be very greatful if you could test it and send us some feedbacks.
    You can download the trial version and get in touch with us here.
    I like this script very much, but I hope it can support Chinese

• Found the answer there was a second Newton plugin in the folder which I have deleted and it's all good now. I think the aescripts manager is a bit hit and miss with uninstall and install function with different versions.
  • Pelase double check that Newton 4.0.77 is installed in AE2023 (you can see that in the about menu)

Found the answer there was a second Newton plugin in the folder which I have deleted and it's all good now. I think the aescripts manager is a bit hit and miss with uninstall and install function with different versions.

• Downloaded and opened Newton 4. I set up the Diving Board project in a composition just as you did in your video example. But my weld joint Tension and Dampening controls appear to not be working. Please help!
  • using Newton 4.0.77. on Mac M2 full spec 96 GB memory
    Simulation works OK while on newton is open (very slow) , then I hit render and goes to AE , btu but no keyframes appear on the timeline, no animation at all? 
  • Newton duplicates your composition and rename it 'yourcompositionname'_Sim01

If the sim is slow, perhaps that it needs to be optimized. For exemple use the "convex hull" function in the "advanced" body setting tab. Or reduce the "mesh precision" in the body properties tab.

using Newton 4.0.77. on Mac M2 full spec 96 GB memory
    Simulation works OK while on newton is open (very slow) , then I hit render and goes to AE , btu but no keyframes appear on the timeline, no animation at all? 

• How do we load the Sample Projects? I cannot find a control in Newton 4 to do it.
  • You need to to put "Motion Boutique" folder of the archive in you Documents folder. (check the Newton_4.0_Installation.pdf in the archive)

How do we load the Sample Projects? I cannot find a control in Newton 4 to do it.

• I'm having some preview/rendering trouble with Newton4.
    It's incredibly slow and mostly freezing and crashing and I'm not sure why. 

My cache is clear, my PC is high-end and the files I'm working with are very light - 1000x1000px (12fps).
    A simple animation of a circle shape hitting a bunch of letters (split into shapes).
    Convex Hull doesn't help.

Although - it's just one paragraph of text turned into shapes, it does say there are 15k polygons which seems like a lot, that's what's causing the crashes I guess.

Is there some kind of a workaround for this?

• Hi Luka

You have the answer in your question.
    "Although - it's just one paragraph of text turned into shapes, it does say there are 15k polygons which seems like a lot, that's what's causing the crashes I guess."

Here's what you should do:
    -Select your text, use the "Convex Hull" function in Body Properties / Advanced panel.
    -You can also change de "mesh precision" to 1 or 0.
    -Import your font in Illustrator and simplify the paths.

Sometimes fonts are really not optimized (lot of uneeded vertex for exemple).

You can check this article for more infos about dealing with complexes path: https://www.motionboutique.com/dealing-with-illustrator-files-and-shape-layers-in-newton/

Note that Newton does not use AE cache and does not depend of the resolution (320px or 8k will have the same simulation performance)

Please open a support ticket in you need more help and send us your aep so we can take a look.

Cheers
    Val

• That makes perfect sense. Will definitely do that from now on. Thanks for the help and quick response!
  • Glad I could help :)
    That makes perfect sense. Will definitely do that from now on. Thanks for the help and quick response!

• Hi, cool new update! I currently own Newton 3. Just to be sure, I can't update form 3 to 4 just like that right? It is a completely new version that has to be bought again? Cheers.
  • Hi Lee

All info here https://aescripts.com/newton/#upgrade-notice
    Hi, cool new update! I currently own Newton 3. Just to be sure, I can't update form 3 to 4 just like that right? It is a completely new version that has to be bought again? Cheers.

• Ah yes I see, Thnx for the quick answer!
    Hi Lee

All info here https://aescripts.com/newton/#upgrade-notice
    Hi, cool new update! I currently own Newton 3. Just to be sure, I can't update form 3 to 4 just like that right? It is a completely new version that has to be bought again? Cheers.

• Hi,
    I bought license for Newton 4 and when I open samples browser there is nothing in it, it's empty. Hope you can help me with this.
    Also can you help me about how to get shapes inside each other like in tutorials for Newton 3? When I make one big circle and want some smaller one inside in it, in Newton 4 it just doesn't work like in version before. Any tips please :) Thank you

Samples    Browser 

Samples Browser 

• Hi Vedran,

Also can you help me about how to get shapes inside each other like in tutorials for Newton 3? When I make one big circle and want some smaller one inside in it, in Newton 4 it just doesn't work like in version before. Any tips please :) Thank you
    Simply only put a stroke on your shapes.
    As for the circle and squares (that are optimized shapes in Newton), you need to modify your shape so it's not a perfect circle like in this exemple :

Hi,
    I bought license for Newton 4 and when I open samples browser there is nothing in it, it's empty. 
    From Newton_4.0_Installation.pdf included with the archive: On both platforms, copy the Motion Boutique folder to your User’s Documents folder. This folder contains sample projects that are used by Newton.
  • Hi Ryan!

That's an interesting question.

As it is not possible to load an .aep file from Newton, the new file parameters integrate the composition elements. Newton creates the composition : if you load a sample and return to AE you'll see the composition...and then you can save it in .aep.

Why can't I find the .aep file in the "sample projects" folder?

Biểu tượng Cộng đồng đã xác minh

• Hi!! 
    Is there a way to save the data in the old .xml format?
     I want to open it with notepad, the .nwt file cannot be viewed
  • Hi Jack,

In this version no. Honnestly, we've never imagined that someone would edit  Newton's .xml by hand!!
    We'll add this in a feature release.

Cheers
    Val
    Jack Cole said:
    Hi!! 
    Is there a way to save the data in the old .xml format?
     I want to open it with notepad, the .nwt file cannot be viewed

• Why doesn't "Blob Join" in Newton 4 support AEmatic?
  • Blob Joint try to keep the volume between the objects linked with it.
    Using other object types than dynamic with Blob Joints could lead Newton to crash.
    If you want to use AEmatic, duplicate the objects and like it with a Weld Joint for example to the ones that are used with the Blob Joints.

Xiao Lin said:
    Why doesn't "Blob Join" in Newton 4 support AEmatic?

• Is it possible to have Newton 4 recognize puppet tool movement? 
  • Newton is a rigid body physics engine... BUT this might help you : 

PuppetMeshToSolids: Is a free tool provided with Newton.
    Turn puppet mesh pins into solids, simplifying position control, very helpful when using Weld Joints and AE's puppet tool.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Val

• Didn't this used to be iOS only? Is it now Windows compatible? 
  • Didn't this used to be iOS only? Is it now Windows compatible? 

it is fully cross platform. works exactly the same on macOS as windows.
  • Newton has been fully cross platorm since it's release in 2011.
    Didn't this used to be iOS only? Is it now Windows compatible? 

• I have a subscription to Newton 2. Does it work on After Effects 2022, 23 or 24

I've tried installing it on AE2023 but can't find it in the Composition menu, where I remember it being located.
  • Support for Newton 2 has been dropped 5 years ago. 
    Leo Earle said:
    I have a subscription to Newton 2. Does it work on After Effects 2022, 23 or 24

I've tried installing it on AE2023 but can't find it in the Composition menu, where I remember it being located.

• Do I receive a discount if I buy Newton 4 due to my previous Newton 2 purchase?
  • Leo Earle said:
    Do I receive a discount if I buy Newton 4 due to my previous Newton 2 purchase?
    Upgrade details here: https://aescripts.com/newton/#upgrade-notice
  • Hey there i have a question regarding this effect that was done using newton
    at sec. 2:10 we see some balls "popping" in and moving the ones already in the composition.
    Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to do this particular effect? I'm searching anywhere but seems i don't have a solution for that.

Thanks in advance!!
  • Simply offset the layers so they appear at different times.
    Hey there i have a question regarding this effect that was done using newton
    at sec. 2:10 we see some balls "popping" in and moving the ones already in the composition.
    Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to do this particular effect? I'm searching anywhere but seems i don't have a solution for that.

Thanks in advance!!