• Wow, how in the world did you find this? i've been trying to figure this out for a month. Thank you so much
    id' like to find out how you found the command as I'm guessing I could findf a lot more if i knew where you got it
    I can't remember... I think it was via a script that detected the Command ID. 

You might find some hints here

And then recently François Leroy wrote the perfect simple plugin for that. 
    Read about it here
  • Problem launching external jsx script from ft_Toolbar 2.2 with AE CC 2014 (13.2) on Mac 10.9.5

New AE File - my ft_T2 is docked. I press default calc button or settings buttons - they work as expected.  As soon as I hit my custom "PROJ" button nothing happens and now the whole toolbar is frozen and no buttons work.  "PROJ" is a script launcher pointing to ~/Google_Drive/MY_COMPANY/Admin/Templates/7067_foldertemplate.jsx

This script creates custom folders and was found on Creative Cow.  If I run this script from File>Scripts>Run Scripts File it works fine, but I can't get it to run from ft_Toolbar - AND - after hitting my custom button once it renders the toolbar dead.

any help to fix would be fantastic!
    thanks
    ~James

• Problem launching external jsx script from ft_Toolbar 2.2 with AE CC 2014 (13.2) on Mac 10.9.5

New AE File - my ft_T2 is docked. I press default calc button or settings buttons - they work as expected.  As soon as I hit my custom "PROJ" button nothing happens and now the whole toolbar is frozen and no buttons work.  "PROJ" is a script launcher pointing to ~/Google_Drive/MY_COMPANY/Admin/Templates/7067_foldertemplate.jsx

This script creates custom folders and was found on Creative Cow.  If I run this script from File>Scripts>Run Scripts File it works fine, but I can't get it to run from ft_Toolbar - AND - after hitting my custom button once it renders the toolbar dead.

thanks
    ~James

Can't debug this but you really might consider to try to 
    a) not load the script via a online drive 
    b) make a Folder Setup Project, save it as .AET and import it (this even gives you the Color Labels)
    or otherwise:
    c) search and use a nice script that Jeff Almasol wrote many years ago, called folder setup.jsx (formerly available from adobe)
    d) use and customize the Get-Sh*t-Done script

thanks
    ~James

Using a google drive should be fine, it is the same as using dropbox. family: But this script is very simple, I would rather copy/paste the code into a JAVASCRIPT button rather than using it as external script. 

Anyway I just tried on windows AE CS6 and there is no problem, it's working fine. I'll try tonight on a OSX CC. 

Perhaps you could turn on the Javascript debbuger in your general preference to see if something happen ? 

cheers, 

F. 

thanks
    ~James

Ok so the issue comes from the script. It does launch using scheduleTask. I'm not quite sure why or why it makes it freeze when launch from another script. 

Just open this script and replace :
    app.scheduleTask("checkRun()", 1000, false); // wait 1 second (1000 miliseconds) in case after effects is loading a project before implementing this script.

by :
    checkRun();

That should fix it

• sorry for slow reply - thanks for all the great suggestions Valentin & Francois - now to just find the time! :)
    cheers
  • It would be great if ft-Toolbar came with several pre-loaded toolbars (expressions, key, color correct) with icons. Also, allow button names to be more than one line high.

Enjoy ft-toolbar
  • After a bit of help. Can I create a button that opens a AE comp that i use as a template base? ie the file is located on my S:/template/base.aep would like to be able to press a button to open it each time i need too.
  • Is it possible to create an open comp button? I have a lot of base templates I start work from, would like to be able to just click on button to open certain comps?
  • It would be great if ft-Toolbar came with several pre-loaded toolbars (expressions, key, color correct) with icons. Also, allow button names to be more than one line high.

Enjoy ft-toolbar
    Noted ;)
  • After a bit of help. Can I create a button that opens a AE comp that i use as a template base? ie the file is located on my S:/template/base.aep would like to be able to press a button to open it each time i need too.

yes by using a javascript button doing something like app.open("
    S:/template/base.aep")

cheers 
  • Any plans to add rollover/mouseover imagery to the buttons?

yes by using a javascript button doing something like app.open("
    S:/template/base.aep")
    cheers 
    Unfortunley that didnt work. I was getting a unable to call "open" because of parameter 1 S:/template/base.aep is not a File or folder object. However I did find a bit of script in the adobe manual that help.

var my_file = new File("S:/template/base.aep");
    if (my_file.exists){
    new_project = app.open(my_file);
    if (new_project){
    alert(new_project.file.name);
    }
    }

• Thank you for the wonderful script!!!
    But all my icons&buttons disappeared suddenly when i switched on computer today.

Thanks
  • Just bought this yesterday and I love it.  

I am wondering if there is a way to create a button that will allow me toggle between "2 Views - Horizontal" and "1 View".  I tried using the "Menu" option as well as searching for a script but came up empty.

Would anyone know of a way to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance.
  • Hello, any luck in creating a solid using this tool?

• I'm not sure you can do it via scripting either. We will have to look into the javascript api pdf guide. I'll let you know if I find anything

cheers,

F.
    Just bought this yesterday and I love it.  

I am wondering if there is a way to create a button that will allow me toggle between "2 Views - Horizontal" and "1 View".  I tried using the "Menu" option as well as searching for a script but came up empty.

Would anyone know of a way to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance.

• Hello, any luck in creating a solid using this tool?
    you will find several snippets on this site, and especially what you are looking for : 

cheers, 

F.
  • Hello Sir. Tarlier,  Thank you for the reply.  Can I ask a noobie question?  when adding this to the ft-Tooobar how do I add it?  I tried JAVASCRIPT and it's not working.  

I can see the following in the "Info" tab - ERROR : RefernceError: comp is undefined

Thanks in advance. 

• Have an issue where I have been trying to add a new button to an
    existing toolbar I created but it won't save the effect parameter. For
    example, if I want to create a Hue Saturation button, go through all the
    steps, either cut and paste the effect or do a get effect name and
    "ADBE HUE SATURATION" goes in the parameter field. All good, now when I
    click to another button or just close out and come back the parameter is
    missing. The toolbar will also give a warning that there is no command
    for the button. I thought maybe my old toolbar was corrupt so I created a
    new one. Did one button and it worked so I continued to rebuild my
    toolbar from scratch. Saved the first 7 effects but the last 6 or so
    have now stopped saving parameters again.
  • Hello,  sorry for the bad question but has anyone been able to add a 3D camera to ft-Toolbar2 ?  If so, please share how to do it.
  • Hello,  I've look and tried adding a 3DCamera to ft-toolbar3 but keep coming up short.  If anyone knows or he how to please share. Thanks in advance. Sorry... I didn't think the first post made it as I was having a network issue when I posted it. 

var comp = app.project.activeItem;
    if(comp){
        comp.layers.addCamera( "Cam Name", [0,0]);
    };
  • I've tweaked and added some icons for my own toolbar set, including plexus, form, particular, flares etc.
    Hope you find them useful.

• Hello again,

Has anyone been able to create a button for a new Null Object?  Please share if so...

Never mind... Got it to work as a menu by putting " Null Object" without quotes.

I not able to create a "New Comp" using the ft-Toolbar.  Can anyone help?
  • Hello,  I've look and tried adding a 3DCamera to ft-toolbar3 but keep coming up short.  If anyone knows or he how to please share. Thanks in advance. Sorry... I didn't think the first post made it as I was having a network issue when I posted it. 

var comp = app.project.activeItem;
    if(comp){
        comp.layers.addCamera( "Cam Name", [0,0]);
    };
    you only need 3d layers. the camera should be the same
  • Hello Tarlier,

Can you tell me if creating a new comp button is possible?
  • Hi

I just installed FT-Toolbar on a "blank" machine with the newly installed AE CC2015. I imported FT-Toolbars from previous setup and it worked... until I realised that all the scripts are referring to old folder structure (CC2014). I tried to replace the the folder name's 2014 toi 2015 but noticed that it wont save. So if I change the number 4 to 5 and go to another script and come back... it's still 2014. If I try to browse for the scripts new location... even that wont work as it keeps going back.

I have HUGE amount of scripts and paid 40$ to make things easier :D and now FT toolbar is making my life really hard. What can I do? :D
  • Hi

I just installed FT-Toolbar on a "blank" machine with the newly installed AE CC2015. I imported FT-Toolbars from previous setup and it worked... until I realised that all the scripts are referring to old folder structure (CC2014). I tried to replace the the folder name's 2014 toi 2015 but noticed that it wont save. So if I change the number 4 to 5 and go to another script and come back... it's still 2014. If I try to browse for the scripts new location... even that wont work as it keeps going back.

I have HUGE amount of scripts and paid 40$ to make things easier :D and now FT toolbar is making my life really hard. What can I do? :D
    Sorry about that Miika. 
    In the mean time, you can open your configuration file into notepad and do a search&replace of 2014 to 2015. Save the file and re-import it into Toolbar. 
    I'll look into this bug for next release. 

cheers,

F.
  • Did you actually remove my previous message because I said that FT-Toolbar is making my life harder as it stopped working?

My problem persists. As I have imported settings to FT-Toolbar running on AE CC2015 (Win10, 64bit), none of the changes I do to imported toolbars are saved.
  • Miika
    OK you have troubles right now and that's a pity but please don't get bitter.
    Ft Toolbar is one hell of a plug-in that makes life easier for 99% of AE users on a daily basis, and that's a fact since its very first release.
    Moreover François is always taking customers troubles into account to solve them in no time at all.
    I have no doubt that everything will get back to normal for you pretty soon ;)
    :: Peace :
  • Miika
    Ft Toolbar is one hell of a plug-in that makes life easier for 99% of AE users on a daily basis, and that's a fact since its very first release.
    Moreover François is always taking customers troubles into account to solve them in no time at all.
    Peace as well... I fdidnt see my comment as AEscripts comment section has some issues when there are gazillion comments... I just noticed the "more comments" button that I had to click 5-8 times to find this post. :)
  • Miika
    Peace as well... I fdidnt see my comment as AEscripts comment section has some issues when there are gazillion comments... I just noticed the "more comments" button that I had to click 5-8 times to find this post. :)
    No problem guys. So have you tried to edit your config file like I suggested ? 
    Otherwise, please create a ticket and upload your configuration file. I'll look into it to see what is going wrong. 

cheers, 

F. 
  • @Francois-- small bug/note: is it possible that you're including json outside of your primary loop? I'm able to call json functions while ft-toolbar is in my UI, without my own script including json in any way. Tried to narrow it down, fairly certain it's this. Just pointing it out!
  • Is there any reason why the "Solid..." command will bring up the New Solid dialogue box, but when I click "Okay" it does nothing?  This works fine for "Light..." "Camera..." and "Adjustment Layer" I'm just curious as to why it doesn't work with the Solid.
  • Hi There!

I love this tool!

Is there a way I could make a button that renders the selected comp or the comp I'm in using particular render and output modules?

Thanks,

C
  • HI there

Since AE 2015 (mac),
    Ft Toolbar keep Crashing AE,
    I've been resetting AE pref, but each time I put the serial AE crash

Do you have any clue ?
  • EDIT: This issue has been resolved.

Hi,

Since an upgrade I've the ft-Toolbar2 has been 'reset' to default.

When I import my config file and press OK, it reset again to default. 
    Also when I create 'some new button' and press ok to keep changes, it resets.

I reverted back to Yosemite, because of other issues. But this problem appears here as well.

Anything I can do here to make it work again? 
    I really hope so, I LOVE this script.

Thanks,
    Jean-Paul

• I found that I have to deactivate my antivirus protection in order to run AE with ft-Toolbar2 installed.  Otherwise it will crash AE...If I forget to disable my antivirus, I end up with a message saying that the serial number has been removed and that I am back in Trial mode resulting in me having to enter my license number again and registering... of course entering the license number again doesn't work either unless antivirus protection is turned off.  It's a pain, due to the fact that when I make the mistake of forgetting to disable the antivirus I have to go about a long process of cancelling out several error messages, restarting AE and having to locate my serial number in order to register the license again... I believe it has become more trouble then it's worth for me.  Sadly, since it used to be a major part in simplifying my workflow.
  • Is there any reason why the "Solid..." command will bring up the New Solid dialogue box, but when I click "Okay" it does nothing?  This works fine for "Light..." "Camera..." and "Adjustment Layer" I'm just curious as to why it doesn't work with the Solid.
    Hello, 
    MENU button kind of simulate the mouse click in the menu. Toolbar does not have control of what happens behind the scene. So it depends on the context you had selected before. I would guess that the solid is at least created in the project. 

cheers 

F. 
  • Hi There!

I love this tool!

Is there a way I could make a button that renders the selected comp or the comp I'm in using particular render and output modules?

Thanks,

C
    Only by going with Javascript Button
  • HI there

Since AE 2015 (mac),
    Ft Toolbar keep Crashing AE,
    I've been resetting AE pref, but each time I put the serial AE crash

Do you have any clue ?
    We are working on fixing this issue which happen with on a few configurations. Please open a ticket so we can help you fix this issue.

cheers

F.
  • I changed the location of "ft-Toolbar2_Config.json" via the general settings menu and now I've lost all of my custom tools.  Is there any way to get them back?
  • Does anyone have some icons I can download.  I've looked all over this forum and the only ones I can find don't seem to download properly.  I'm not sure what the problem is.  They just come up as empty zip files.
  • It seems as though this is incompatible with CC2015 all of a sudden. Anytime I try to open AE with FT Toolbar docked in my layout, it freezes when it gets to "Initializing User Interface." After deleting preferences and restarting AE, If I try to pull up FT Toolbar from the window menu, AE freezes and requires a Force Quit. This just started happening today.

Mac Pro 2013
    Dual AMD Firepro D700
    Yosemite 10.10.5
    AE CC 2015 13.5.1

FT Toolabar (Tried v2.2 & 2.4)

• I have a couple questions.
    I can't seem to get the Modifier keys to work. I get this https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5dajmjfmbvl4ns/Screenshot 2015-10-21 16.19.23.png?dl=0

When I click a button with a modifier pressed

And I'm trying to do a fill button.  I use the get effect with parameter, but it doesn't seem to grab the color that I want.

I want to add the fill effect and have it default to white.  Any ideas?

• Плагин перестал работать на mac os 10.10.5
  • It seems as though this is incompatible with CC2015 all of a sudden. Anytime I try to open AE with FT Toolbar docked in my layout, it freezes when it gets to "Initializing User Interface." After deleting preferences and restarting AE, If I try to pull up FT Toolbar from the window menu, AE freezes and requires a Force Quit. This just started happening today.

Mac Pro 2013
    Dual AMD Firepro D700
    Yosemite 10.10.5
    AE CC 2015 13.5.1

FT Toolabar (Tried v2.2 & 2.4)

I have the same issue.