• Any word on a cc compatible version? Thanks.
  • it would help if aescripts comments allowed email notification - it's a pain!
    We already do although you need to pop over to the forums to do it https://aescripts.com/forums/discussion/355/ft-toolbar-2 once you are there just click on the star by the title to bookmark the discussion and you'll get an email when someone posts to the discussion:

• Any news on the update?
  • Yes - would be good to know how a CC compatible version is coming along?

Many thanks.

• There is definitely a CC update coming.  Adobe completely changed the UI engine in CC which affected ft-Toolbar more than other products because it does a a lot of custom UI stuff.  We unfortunately don't have an estimate on when it will be released but you can use the CS6 version in CC as long as you don't mind the UI glitches.
  • Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for the update - I realise its a complex and time consuming process. Toolbar is working OK in CC apart from the glitches you mention but I can live with those. I look forward to the next version :)

• I love this script and use it every day. I look forward to trying out the latest version, especially the new multiple toolbars feature.

I have created 69 custom icons for it which anyone is free to download here
    I am taking requests for additional icons in this style, you can post requests at that link (not here!) and I will try to create as many of them as I can and share the png files with all.

update nov 2017
    imageHere's a screenshot of them in AE and another 
  • Thanks Nicolai
  • Hello. I check this page once per day and think everyone would be glad to hear something from the author of the script. Is there any update coming? Adobe CC is out for month already...
  • Hello. I check this page once per day and think everyone would be glad to hear something from the author of the script. Is there any update coming? Adobe CC is out for month already...
    Hello Michael, 

Sorry for the dealy, I'm at the end of a big production and just a very little amount of time for myself. I'll be off in about 2 weeks. So I'll be able to make toolbar compatible with CC by then. 

Thanks

F. 
  • Thanks for the reply, François!
  • Please Help.

It was available until yesterday.

But , I can not use with message.

""Unable to execute script at line 3615. undefined is not an objects.""

• Hi François,
    i'm a big fan of ft-toolbar and the v2 is a blast.
    One stupid comment though when you deal with multiple toolbars... the size of the principal button of ft-toolbar, the one to switch between the multiple toolbars (see my screenshot).
    This button leaves a blank and useless space under it, what a pity!
    It takes a lot of unoccupied space when you must optimise at the very max the AE UI and every panels inside of it.
    It would be really great to be able to stretch this button the same as all other buttons of the toolbar, ..., or maybe to integrate it like the Edit button.

Same as already mentionned, a roll-over indication (glow or highlight) on every button would be a cool feature
    cheers

• Hello,

nice script!
    One question: Is there way of making a line-break within the buttons' names?
    Would be very useful.

cheers
    val
  • Any update on an update for CC?
  • Any update on an update for CC?
    If you are signed up for email notifications you will receive an email as soon as the CC compatible version is released.  Adobe completely changed the scripting UI engine in CC breaking all scripts with custom UI's such as ft-Toolbar so it has been a very large task to re-write all the code to make it CC compatible.  I hope you understand and we are working hard to make all our tools CC compatible as soon as possible. 
  • I did fix a few bugs, but nothing major. The scrollbar issue in CC remain, and I don't have any solution yet to fix it since I belive this is on Adobe's hand. I reported the bug a couple of days ago and I believe they are working a on some big fixes for the scriptUI in general. Perhaps this will be part of it. I'm waiting on their answers.

cheers

F.
  • Thanks for the update Lloyd :)
  • Please Help. Can I made in toolbar Reveal Layer Source in Project
    Please Help [email protected]
  • Please Help. Can I made in toolbar Reveal Layer Source in ProjectPlease Help [email protected]
    Sorry we don't understand what you are asking.

• Sorry we don't understand what you are asking.
    +1  LOL
  • I think ola kola wants to create a button that does a "Reveal Layer Source in Project" 

I tried but couldn't get it to work as a menu item, perhaps because it's not a menu item, it's a 'right click on layer' in timeline.

• Please Help. Can I made in toolbar Reveal Layer Source in ProjectPlease Help [email protected]
    From what I understand, this is what you want. Create a JS button and paste the following code : 

var proj = app.project;

var comp = proj.activeItem;

if(comp){

var layers = comp.selectedLayers;

for(var i = 0 ; i < layers.length ; i++){ 

var layer = layers[i]; 

if(layer.source){

layer.source.selected = true;

};

};

}else {

alert("You need to have a comp selected");

};

• I will place this CC request at Adobe too.  Maybe it helps if more people do it..?
    I did fix a few bugs, but nothing major. The scrollbar issue in CC remain, and I don't have any solution yet to fix it since I belive this is on Adobe's hand. I reported the bug a couple of days ago and I believe they are working a on some big fixes for the scriptUI in general. Perhaps this will be part of it. I'm waiting on their answers.

cheers

F.

• I will place this CC request at Adobe too.  Maybe it helps if more people do it..?
    I did fix a few bugs, but nothing major. The scrollbar issue in CC remain, and I don't have any solution yet to fix it since I belive this is on Adobe's hand. I reported the bug a couple of days ago and I believe they are working a on some big fixes for the scriptUI in general. Perhaps this will be part of it. I'm waiting on their answers.

cheers

F.

The bug is still open on ther side, I guess you can report it. If I don't get any news from them, by the end of the week, I'll try a dirty trick to solve the problem on cc only. Yet I really hope they'll solved it, instead cause I'm not pleased with the workaround I'm thinking of (not even sure it would work though)
  • I've tried to create the following buttons without succeeding :

- A button for "New text layer" (menu button)
    - A button for "Preferences > Memory & Multiprocessing..." (menu button)
    Other direct sections of the preferences do actually work though (Previews, Auto-Save, ...)
    I guess you'd have to go through some javasrcipt

btw the url
    http://www.smipple.net/tag/ft-toolbar
    gives an "servor error" message for several days!?
    Is anyone aware of this issue?

cheers
  • Hi François,

I was wonder if you could advise on a matter we have.

We're the developers of Pre-Compose Geek, one of our client is using ft-toolbar2 to launch our script, he says Pre-Compose Geek script runs fine when using Run Script but fails to do so when launched through ft-toolbar2. We've investigated the issue trying to help the guy and found that under ft-toolbar2 our code fails calling AE's app.scheduleTask() method, this is the original code line:

app.scheduleTask('organizeImportWrapper()', 100, false);

The error AE throws is: "function organizeImportWrapper is undefined". "organizeImportWrapper()" is a name of a method defined in the one and only JSX file of Pre-Compose Geek.

Could you please advice?

Many thanks, Erez.

• Hi François,
    I was wonder if you could advise on a matter we have.
    We're the developers of Pre-Compose Geek, one of our client is using ft-toolbar2 to launch our script, he says Pre-Compose Geek script runs fine when using Run Script but fails to do so when launched through ft-toolbar2. We've investigated the issue trying to help the guy and found that under ft-toolbar2 our code fails calling AE's app.scheduleTask() method, this is the original code line:
    app.scheduleTask('organizeImportWrapper()', 100, false);
    The error AE throws is: "function organizeImportWrapper is undefined". "organizeImportWrapper()" is a name of a method defined in the one and only JSX file of Pre-Compose Geek.
    Could you please advice?
    Many thanks, Erez.MotionGeeks.com

could you send me your email by PM please ?

cheers

F
  • Please Help.

It was available until yesterday.But , I can not use with message.""Unable to execute script at line 3615. undefined is not an objects.""
    Help me too
  • Please Help.

It was available until yesterday.But , I can not use with message.""Unable to execute script at line 3615. undefined is not an objects.""
    Help me too
    - did you have some kind of crash ? 
    - did anything happen to toolbar before that ? 
    - where is your configuration file saved ? did you change it's location or did you leave it at default ? 
    - what is your operating system ? 

F. 
  • Always used the script but stopped working.
    I have Adobe CC and windows 8
    The configuration file does not know where it is.

Thanks for help
  • I've used this script for months without problems. However the last time I opened After Effects, my toolbar was reset.
    I went ahead and imported a backup congifuration JSON file, but upon clicking "save", ft-toolbar resets again. 
    No amount of importing prevents it from resetting. Even creating a new toolbar results in resets. Any suggestions? 

I'm running Windows 7.
  • I've used this script for months without problems. However the last time I opened After Effects, my toolbar was reset.
    I went ahead and imported a backup congifuration JSON file, but upon clicking "save", ft-toolbar resets again. 
    No amount of importing prevents it from resetting. Even creating a new toolbar results in resets. Any suggestions? 

I'm running Windows 7.
    I guess your configuration file got corrupted for some reason. You can delete it and restart the script, it should be located there (if you didn't change it) : 
    c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Aescripts\ftToolbar2\
  • Bonjour François,
    Premièrement un grand merci pour cette toolbars, elle me fait gagner un temps précieux en production.

Ma question est la suivante : Je souhaiterai enregistrer des modif de paramètre d'une courbe, et également une modification de la plage de couleur d'un teinte/saturation. J'utilise donc "récupérer les paramètres de l'effet" mais les modification ne sont pas pris en compte.
    Aurais-tu un solutions ?

D'avance Merci
  • Bonjour François,
    Premièrement un grand merci pour cette toolbars, elle me fait gagner un temps précieux en production.

Ma question est la suivante : Je souhaiterai enregistrer des modif de paramètre d'une courbe, et également une modification de la plage de couleur d'un teinte/saturation. J'utilise donc "récupérer les paramètres de l'effet" mais les modification ne sont pas pris en compte.
    Aurais-tu un solutions ?

D'avance Merci
    Effectivement c'est une feature qui est sur ma Todo list :) 
    Les customs properties n'était pas disponible via le script jusqu'a une certaine version (CS5.5 ou CS6 je ne sais plus). Je n'ai pas encore regardé ce qu'il fallait faire pour pouvoir les récupérer, ca fait partie des choses que je dois implémenter. 
    En attendant, ce que tu peux faire c'est créer un Animation Presets et l'assigner à un bouton de ce type. Ca devrait marcher aussi. 

F.
  • I am getting a very curious bug with ft-toolbar2, CS6 and Win7 64bit.
    When I start the script it completely freezes AE and never actually opens.
  • I am getting a very curious bug with ft-toolbar2, CS6 and Win7 64bit.
    When I start the script it completely freezes AE and never actually opens.
    Please open a support ticket and include as many details as possible including screenshots
  • Hello,
    when I start the script i am getting a Server interface error.
    this happens only under cs6, cs5.5 works fine.
    Is it possible to reset toolbar?
    cheers, burgh
    toolbar2.jpg
    768 x 253 - 88K
  • Hello,
    when I start the script i am getting a Server interface error.
    this happens only under cs6, cs5.5 works fine.
    Is it possible to reset toolbar?
    cheers, burgh
    Please open a support ticket for direct help with this issue.  It usually happens if you are running a firewall or virus protection software that might be preventing the licensing process from launching.
  • After using your Toolbar for a short while, I've come to some issues which I have not been able to overcome. I think there are 2 or 3 things I have not been able to get it to do. When conforming graphics against a cut I always use the difference blending mode to slide the graphics in place. Is there a method to enable this with a click and back to normal with a shift-click.  Also, often during the year I have to convert HD into 2K so I would love a click/shift-click function that would change comp dimensions. Is this possible?

Thanks, D
  • After using your Toolbar for a short while, I've come to some issues which I have not been able to overcome. I think there are 2 or 3 things I have not been able to get it to do. When conforming graphics against a cut I always use the difference blending mode to slide the graphics in place. Is there a method to enable this with a click and back to normal with a shift-click.  Also, often during the year I have to convert HD into 2K so I would love a click/shift-click function that would change comp dimensions. Is this possible?

Thanks, D
    Yes and Yes :) by using Javascripts. 

For the size : 
    app.project.activeItem.width = 2048;
    app.project.activeItem.height = 1080;

for the blending mode use the following : 
    var selectedLayers = app.project.activeItem.selectedLayers;
    for(var i = 0 ; i < selectedLayers.length ; i++){
    selectedLayers[i].blendingMode = BlendingMode.ADD;
    };

note that you can use any of those following values for the blending mode : 
    BlendingMode.ADD 
    BlendingMode.ALPHA_ADD 
    BlendingMode.CLASSIC_COLOR_BURN 
    BlendingMode.CLASSIC_COLOR_DODGE 
    BlendingMode.CLASSIC_DIFFERENCE 
    BlendingMode.COLOR 
    BlendingMode.COLOR_BURN 
    BlendingMode.COLOR_DODGE 
    BlendingMode.DANCING_DISSOLVE 
    BlendingMode.DARKEN 
    BlendingMode.DARKER_COLOR
    BlendingMode.DIFFERENCE 
    BlendingMode.DISSOLVE 
    BlendingMode.EXCLUSION 
    BlendingMode.HARD_LIGHT 
    BlendingMode.HARD_MIX 
    BlendingMode.HUE 
    BlendingMode.LIGHTEN 
    BlendingMode.LIGHTER_COLOR
    BlendingMode.LINEAR_BURN 
    BlendingMode.LINEAR_DODGE 
    BlendingMode.LINEAR_LIGHT 
    BlendingMode.LUMINESCENT_PREMUL 
    BlendingMode.LUMINOSITY 
    BlendingMode.MULTIPLY 
    BlendingMode.NORMAL
    BlendingMode.OVERLAY 
    BlendingMode.PIN_LIGHT 
    BlendingMode.SATURATION 
    BlendingMode.SCREEN 
    BlendingMode.SILHOUETE_ALPHA 
    BlendingMode.SILHOUETTE_LUMA 
    BlendingMode.SOFT_LIGHT 
    BlendingMode.STENCIL_ALPHA 
    BlendingMode.STENCIL_LUMA 
    BlendingMode.VIVID_LIGHT

cheers, 

F. 
  • While on the subject of Javascript, how would I setup a button to add x seconds to a comp duration? Sometimes I just want to add x seconds to extend a comp. Although, maybe there's a more fully features script out there that can do that and also add duration to nested comps?

Ta,

Paul.
  • While on the subject of Javascript, how would I setup a button to add x seconds to a comp duration? Sometimes I just want to add x seconds to extend a comp. Although, maybe there's a more fully features script out there that can do that and also add duration to nested comps?

Ta,

Paul.
    Here you go : 

var comp = app.project.activeItem;
    if(comp){
    var second = parseInt(prompt ("How many second do you want to add", 2, "how many sec ?"));
    comp.duration += second;
    };

Note that you can find everything about the JS api here : http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/files/2012/06/After-Effects-CS6-Scr ipting-Guide.pdf

cheers, 

F. 
  • Excellent - that's brilliant- will save me some time. Thanks Francois :)
  • Excellent - that's brilliant- will save me some time. Thanks Francois :)
    any time ;) 
  • Thank you very much François. This will help my workflow a lot.

D
  • Really powerful when you start using JavaScript :)
  • François, c'est un vrai bonheur d'avoir des développeurs de scripts comme toi ds la communauté AE du net, tu réponds tjs super vite et nickel chrome, j'adore. T'es juste mortel !   ;)

François, thanx a bunch for your always lightning fast support and super precise answers, you are such a hell of a script coder dude. So cool to have highly valuable people like you in the AE web community. You definitely rock this place.
  • hi, is there any way to drop down buttons to create multiple rows of buttons?  right now all my buttons are on one row, id like to make 2 or 3 rows...thanks!