• Where are the icons stored?  I accidentally deleted the Blur button, but I can't find its icon anywhere in the Adobe CC file structure to remake it. I see the other buttons have names like "ft-null.png" and "ft-wig.png" but I can't find those buttons anywhere either.

Thanks.
  • Trying to assign Reveal in Finder to a FT-Toolbar MENU button, but it's a no-go. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?
  • Trying to assign Reveal in Finder to a FT-Toolbar MENU button, but it's a no-go. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?
    You need to use a script button with this script: https://aescripts.com/reveal-in-finder/
    Yes that's right, this menu needs the focus context to know what to reveal. When clicking on toolbar's buttons, toolbar's panel gets the focus so you are loosing the context of the file you want to reveal. 

• Where are the icons stored?  I accidentally deleted the Blur button, but I can't find its icon anywhere in the Adobe CC file structure to remake it. I see the other buttons have names like "ft-null.png" and "ft-wig.png" but I can't find those buttons anywhere either.

Thanks.
    If you delete the button, the "used file" by the toolbar is deleted as well. You can download them on the ft-toolbar page and reload it.

• FT & Lloyd, thanks so much for the response, and this is even better — I can assign a keyboard shortcut now!
  • Hi. How can I create a button that will create an Adjustment Layer with some effect (for example Curves)?
    Is that possible?
    Thank you.
  • Hi. How can I create a button that will create an Adjustment Layer with some effect (for example Curves)?
    Is that possible?
    Thank you.
    You would need to make a small javascript to do this and attach it to a js button. Should be fairly easy.

• You would need to make a small javascript to do this and attach it to a js button. Should be fairly easy.
    Thank you, Lloyd. But, what can I do if I am new to scripting? Where can I read and learn about it? Thank you.
  • Thank you, Lloyd. But, what can I do if I am new to scripting? Where can I read and learn about it? Thank you.
    Here you go:  http://www.smipple.net/snippet/Aescripts/Add Adjustment Layer with Effect
  • Thank you, Lloyd. But, what can I do if I am new to scripting? Where can I read and learn about it? Thank you.
    Here you go:  http://www.smipple.net/snippet/Aescripts/Add Adjustment Layer with Effect
        Well, thanks Lloyd Alvarez again, but..
        I have already found this or I should say a similar solution to make Solid and enable adjustmentLayer check box.
        The problem is (well, not such a big problem, to be honest) that the After Effects recognizes this layer as Solid and assigns it a color label as for Solid.
        It's a bit confusing visually in the Compositions panel.
        Finally, one kind man told me what exactly need to add to the code so that I can change the color for the Color Label.
  • Hi. I have a problem with script. Panel settings tool is displayed in an incomplete form. I can not get the old settings, can not see the bottom of the panel. My problem you can see in the screenshot. I tried different versions of programs and scripts, but the problem remains. May be a problem due to work on a laptop or windows version 8.1. It can somehow fix it?
    Безымянный.png
    448 x 727 - 17K
  • The problem is (well, not such a big problem, to be honest) that the After Effects recognizes this layer as Solid and assigns it a color label as for Solid
    Adjustment layers are solids so not really sure what you mean here. 
  • Hi. I have a problem with script. Panel settings tool is displayed in an incomplete form. I can not get the old settings, can not see the bottom of the panel. My problem you can see in the screenshot. I tried different versions of programs and scripts, but the problem remains. May be a problem due to work on a laptop or windows version 8.1. It can somehow fix it?
    What is your display resolution? It looks like you don't have enough vertical resolution to display the full panel. Please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:  1280 x 1080 display
    http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/system-requirements.html
  • What is your display resolution? It looks like you don't have enough vertical resolution to display the full panel. Please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:  1280 x 1080 display
    http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/system-requirements.html
    You are right. The resolution of my display of 1366x768.
    Is it possible to change the script window for this screen size?
  • Hi
    Im Trying to use ft-Toolbar the demo version to test it , but it gives me an error (unable to execute script at line 314.p is undefined)

Any Help Please
  • You are right. The resolution of my display of 1366x768.
    Is it possible to change the script window for this screen size?
    I will look into this for next release. but in the mean time I'm afraid I have no quick solution. 
  • Hi
    Im Trying to use ft-Toolbar the demo version to test it , but it gives me an error (unable to execute script at line 314.p is undefined)

Any Help Please
    Hey Sam, 

could you give me more information about what you are doing :

- Do you have this error directly when you launch the script ? 
    - otherwise what are you trying to do when you get this error ? 
    - Did any UI show up before this crash ? 
    - Which version of ft-toolbar do you use ? 
    - Are you on OSX or Windows ? 
    - Which version of AE do you use ? 

thanks 

F. 

• could you give me more information about what you are doing
    yes Francois,

- The error appears the moment i lunch the script
    - First time i lunch it it gives ( your configuration file couldn't be loaded. We Will generate a default one.If you have a backup, you will be able to improve it) and next the error (unable to execute script at line 314.p is undefined).
    When i tried to lunch it again it gives only (unable to execute script at line 314.p is undefined).
    - Im trying the latest version which is 2.2
    - Im work PC Win7 , HPZ800
    - After effects 13.1.1

Thanks

• could you give me more information about what you are doing
    yes Francois,

- The error appears the moment i lunch the script
    - First time i lunch it it gives ( your configuration file couldn't be loaded. We Will generate a default one.If you have a backup, you will be able to improve it) and next the error (unable to execute script at line 314.p is undefined).
    When i tried to lunch it again it gives only (unable to execute script at line 314.p is undefined).
    - Im trying the latest version which is 2.2
    - Im work PC Win7 , HPZ800
    - After effects 13.1.1

Thanks

something must be wrong with the configuration file then :/
    Could you please send me a copy of it ? I'm not quite sure where it is on windows, but you should have a Aescripts folder in your AppData. perhaps there : c:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Application Data ?
  • Thank you François , i found a problem with my antivirus which was preventing accessing Aescripts folder and so the config file.

I restarted the system after solving the issue and it worked.

Now its time to test this great script

Thank you again for following and support.

• Thank you François , i found a problem with my antivirus which was preventing accessing Aescripts folder and so the config file.

I restarted the system after solving the issue and it worked.

Now its time to test this great script

Thank you again for following and support.

Great news. I do wonder what the script tried to load then :( 
    I'll see if I can make that a bit more robust in the future

thanks 

F.
  • Hey there, I need to restore my ft_toolbar settings from a backup, but can't find the config file. I didn't get a chance to export my settings at all, but I figured the config settings have to be saved someplace in my backup. What is the file path to the directory ft_toolbar's settings?
  • Hey there, I need to restore my ft_toolbar settings from a backup, but can't find the config file. I didn't get a chance to export my settings at all, but I figured the config settings have to be saved someplace in my backup. What is the file path to the directory ft_toolbar's settings?
    Go to the ft-Toolbar General Settings and the path to the config file is listed under the "Configuration JSON file" section 
  • Great Script, thanks !
  • Fantastic script! I use it daily now and have become addicted to learning how to script and seeing what it can do.

I was wondering if it's possible (via javascript or possibly a future update) to have a button for an effect, that when clicked, applies the effect to the selected layer, or when the button is Shift-clicked, creates an adjustment layer and applies the effect to that. Is it possible to tell via javascript if shift is being held when the button is activated? Thanks!
  • Fantastic script! I use it daily now and have become addicted to learning how to script and seeing what it can do.

I was wondering if it's possible (via javascript or possibly a future update) to have a button for an effect, that when clicked, applies the effect to the selected layer, or when the button is Shift-clicked, creates an adjustment layer and applies the effect to that. Is it possible to tell via javascript if shift is being held when the button is activated? Thanks!
    Yes, you can consult the Javascript Tools Guide to learn how to do this. You can get the guide from the ExtendScript ToolKit help menu.

• Just wanted to say how good ft toolbar 2 is!

I've been using it for quite a while but only just discovered the menu option for launching script windows. I devote a fairly sizeable chunk of screen space (over 3 24" monitors) to various frequently used plugins and scripts but even then, some of them are huge. Having a toolbar icon for those and launching an undocked floating window as and when needed is a bit of a revelation!

Keep up the great work!
  • Hi,

I just bought ft-toolbar and I'm on mac OS 10.10.1 with CS6.

It was .jsxbin but it couldn't be open so I put .jsx and now it can run BUT it's undockable.

It's in "ScriptUI Panels".

Any idea ?
  • I found the solution : if I open the script through the window menu it appears dockable.
  • Hi,

I just bought ft-toolbar and I'm on mac OS 10.10.1 with CS6.

It was .jsxbin but it couldn't be open so I put .jsx and now it can run BUT it's undockable.

It's in "ScriptUI Panels".

Any idea ?
    https://aescripts.com/faq/how-to-install-and-run-scripts/
  • hello i try this but i have a problem: 

config : ae cc 2014 / w8.1 64bits 

problem : 
    This launches the script asks me my license and then there a mistake: line 319, p undefinied
  • Hello
    Is there a way to import the existing buttons from Toolbar v1? Or do they all have to be created from scratch?

Thanks
  • Sorry, figured it out...Thanks
  • Great work! Can't live without it anymore!

Anyway, here my wishlist for 2020:
    - a "find Button"-Box within the edit menu
    - grouping Buttons and then be able to switch groups on/off
    - color labels or color text
    - as i find icons mostly useless and confusing, some more text editing controls within a button would be great, mainly line-break and align text
    maybe somewhat something like in my screenshot...
    I would also totally love a simple text layout just like like the ae Effects and Presets layout

btw: does anybody have a hint for the matchname for Purge All Memory in CC 2014?

cheers

• btw: does anybody have a hint for the matchname for Purge All Memory in CC 2014?
    You need to do it with a javascript button
  • Great work! Can't live without it anymore!

Anyway, here my wishlist for 2020:
    - a "find Button"-Box within the edit menu
    - grouping Buttons and then be able to switch groups on/off
    - color labels or color text
    - as i find icons mostly useless and confusing, some more text editing controls within a button would be great, mainly line-break and align text
    maybe somewhat something like in my screenshot...
    I would also totally love a simple text layout just like like the ae Effects and Presets layout

Some nice ideas there ! noted ;) 
  • btw: does anybody have a hint for the matchname for Purge All Memory in CC 2014?

yes i know... Ok, sorry i meant “All Memory & Disc Cache“ and thought app.purge(PurgeTarget.ALL_CACHES); was meant to do this.
    I found a way now with app.executeCommand(10200); Not very nice but working. 
    Thanks
  • Oh Man I LOVE this script! Lloyd you were so right, this is miles better than my antiquated Launch Pad. You guys are doing more for Adobe than anyone else. And thanks for the T-shirt, it's a good fit. Just need summer to come back now!
  • Oh Man I LOVE this script! Lloyd you were so right, this is miles better than my antiquated Launch Pad. You guys are doing more for Adobe than anyone else. And thanks for the T-shirt, it's a good fit. Just need summer to come back now!
    Thanks Steve, I'm glad you like it :) 
  • Can't seem to get 'Reveal in Finder' to work as a MENU item - is it somehow a special case?

EDIT - Ah just seen Ryan's comment below - sorted, thanks.
  • hello i try this but i have a problem: 

config : ae cc 2014 / w8.1 64bits 

problem : 
    This launches the script asks me my license and then there a mistake: line 319, p undefinied
    Sorry I missed your post ! That's a weird bug, I'll have to look it up. 
  • Probably a stupid question, but I'm not sure how to approach this.

I want to automate something using ft=toolbar, but being new to AE leaves me a bit shorthanded.

for instance. i have a button bound like this:

{
      app.beginUndoGroup("Creat New Project, Add Comp and Background Solid");

var currentProject  = (app.project) ? app.project : app.newProject();

// Creating comp
      var compSettings    = cs = [1920, 1080, 1, 10, 29.97];
      var defaultCompName = "Main"
      var currentComp     = (currentProject.activeItem) ? currentProject.activeItem : currentProject.items.addComp(defaultCompName, cs[0], cs[1], cs[2], cs[3], cs[4]);
      currentComp.openInViewer();

// Creating background layer
      var backgroundLayer = currentComp.layers.addSolid([0, 0, 0], "Background", cs[0], cs[1], cs[2]);
      app.endUndoGroup();
    }

ok that's all pretty simple stuff, but I want to do two things, and the only say I know how to do one is using expressions not JS

i want to make several buttons on a separate toolbar to start new projects similar to what i have above. But I want to add effects

primarily, if I could figure out how to

create project
    create folder
    create comp (in folder)
    create solid
    Apply e3d
    Create Camera
    Create Null
    Create light.

doing this would end me having to weed through templates I create. I used to use a 3rd party plugin writing in XML to do this but don't remember it now.

So i can do all those things if someone can explain how to apply e3d to a solid using JS.

Thanks!

EDIT: and of course, 10 seconds late I find this: myEffect = mySolid.property("Effects").addProperty("EFFECT");

Disregard me entire post :)

if anyone else runs across this, here's how to do this. doing it this way adds a separare 'undo' for this alone also

{
    myComp = app.project.activeItem;
    app.beginUndoGroup("Add Element 3D");
    mySolid = myComp.layers.addSolid([.8,.3,.1], "E3D", myComp.width, myComp.height,1);
    mySolid.startTime = 0
    myEffect = mySolid.property("Effects").addProperty("Element");
    app.endUndoGroup();
    }

PS i LOVE this script

what I saw in that screenshot would be perfect!
  • Just a friendly hint:
    If you use the toolbar(2) in German, don´t have a "Umlaut" (Ä Ö Ü) in the name of the Icon!
    Toolbar will reset it self if you try to export the cfg.

German:
    In Toolbar die Ikons nicht mit um Umlauten (Ä Ö Ü) in dem Namen speichern, Toolbar wird beim speichern der Einstellungen als cfg abstürzen und auf die Werkseinstelleungen/cfg zurückfallen.

Greetz / Grüße
    Stefan
  • Just a friendly hint:
    If you use the toolbar(2) in German, don´t have a "Umlaut" (Ä Ö Ü) in the name of the Icon!
    Toolbar will reset it self if you try to export the cfg.

German:
    In Toolbar die Ikons nicht mit um Umlauten (Ä Ö Ü) in dem Namen speichern, Toolbar wird beim speichern der Einstellungen als cfg abstürzen und auf die Werkseinstelleungen/cfg zurückfallen.

Greetz / Grüße
    Stefan
    hum, I'll look into that. could you open a ticket and send an example please ? 

cheers, 

F. 
  • Is there a way of exporting and importing your toolbar presets so that you can use the same settings on different machines?
    Thanks.
  • Is there a way of exporting and importing your toolbar presets so that you can use the same settings on different machines?
    Thanks.
    Yes, you can define where the config file is saved in the settings. If you save it on a shared dropbox then several machines can use the same config file.

yes i know... Ok, sorry i meant “All Memory & Disc Cache“ and thought app.purge(PurgeTarget.ALL_CACHES); was meant to do this.I found a way now with app.executeCommand(10200); Not very nice but working. Thanks
    Wow, how in the world did you find this? i've been trying to figure this out for a month. Thank you so much
    id' like to find out how you found the command as I'm guessing I could findf a lot more if i knew where you got it
  • Hello François. I noticed when I dock the ft-Toolbar panel on the right side of the screen, the icons don't wrap to the next line.

But when I dock them on the left side under the project panel, icons wrap properly to the 2nd and 3rd line.

Is this a bug?