• Is it possible to achieve this almost reverse long shadow effect i see all the time with Long Shadow 2? How “LIVE” animates on.
  • Hey, nice Plugin :) is it Apple M1 ready (compatible)?
  • @Lars Werner Sure. Why are you asking? You could just download the demo and try for yourself =)
  • @Lars Werner Sure. Why are you asking? You could just download the demo and try for yourself =)
    Yeah, nice, thanks for your response! I do ask because AE is still in Beta for Native M1 Support. I just ordered a Mac and i can not test till i get the new baby. 6-8 weeks delivery :(

I suggest to put this into the compatibility list.
  • Brad Low said:
    Is it possible to achieve this almost reverse long shadow effect i see all the time with Long Shadow 2? How “LIVE” animates on.
    Anyone.....? 
  • Hi, I've downloaded the trial version, but can't install.
    I tried the manual install, go to Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common, but I haven't a plug-ins folder inside (as you can see in this picture).
    Then I tried the App Manager, but it doesn't recognize my UN and PW (yes, they are right, I even tried to reset a new password).
    Mac OS High-Sierra 10.13.6, language Italian, AE CC 2020 17.6

Thank you, bye!

• Having the same issue as message below from Ivan.
    I've bought full licence but I can't get it to install properly. I've tried manual install and with the app manager.
    Can someone help please?
  • Updated version is online, please try if it works for you!
  • Hi guys - fantastic plugin, thank you, but I was wondering when you are going to update it to be compatible with After Effect's Multi Frame Rendering? Any info would be great.
    Thank you,
    Gary
  • I have an urgent comment, I bought the full version, created an entire animation, deadline today. when I go to export, pink lines all over it.

I have tried cleaning / purging cache
    activating license 
    re-installing multiple times.

Please help?

Thanks
  • I have an urgent comment, I bought the full version, created an entire animation, deadline today. when I go to export, pink lines all over it.

I have tried cleaning / purging cache
    activating license 
    re-installing multiple times.

Please help?

Thanks
    Can you please open a support ticket and provide a screen recording showing the steps you are taking so we can see what you are experiencing and are better able to assist you. You can record it using this

• Still no answer to my question as to when/if you are updating this for Multi Frame Rendering in AE?? It would be great if you could.
    Thanks. Gary
  • Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the LongShadow2 plugin and wanted to share my experience with it. Overall, I think it's a great tool for creating long shadows in After Effects, but I did run into one issue that I wanted to mention.

When using the plugin on small text, I noticed some jagged edges that were quite noticeable. I tried using the supersampling option to improve the quality, but it ended up compressing the text and making it look distorted. Additionally, the post-smooth option didn't quite do the trick.

After doing some research, I found that the only way to fix this issue was to create a pre-comp where the text is enlarged to avoid any jagged edges. While this workaround did solve the problem, it was a bit time-consuming and added an extra step to my workflow.

Overall, I still think LongShadow2 is a great plugin, but I wanted to share this issue with the community in case anyone else runs into it. Hopefully, the developers can address this in future updates.
  • Does a decent job. There are some jaggy edges at times and there is no Multi-thread support. It would be great if they could update for Multi-thread rendering
  • Hello! Is there a way to multiply the shadow without having to multiply the actual layer in the comp?
  • I have the original LongShadow plugin (not 2) which I used in some old projects. I'm trying to make edits to one of those projects. I reinstalled the plugin from the aescripts + aeplugins.app but I get this error when I open After Effects 24.

The following plugins are installed, but are not compatible with this version of After Effects. They will show as missing in existing projects and cannot be applied.

To use these plugins, run After Effects on an Intel-based Mac computer.

Does LongShadow 2 work on M3 MacBook?