Depth Scanner
  • try your latest vision but not worth paying for yet yet still to much background mist and still flick to
  • Hey there just purchased- on Windows 10 - rtx 3080 - install is failing after 30 seconds - and https://docs.blaceplugins.com/ is not working 
  • Hi. I had issues installing, but was finally able to. Now, whenever I apply the effect to a clip, it crashes After Effects.
  • Hi, I just bought Depth Scanner and I have a question.
    Where is the setting for the soft border with slicing in the last version ?
    I needed to back to the version 1.5 to use it :-(
  • Hi, I just bought Depth Scanner and I have a question.
    Where is the setting for the soft border with slicing in the last version ?
    I needed to back to the version 1.5 to use it :-(
    I was just talking to the support team about this problem and they had problems with the soft border feature in the plug in. I find that if you use the plugin inner/outer key you can soften the boarder with it until they find a way to get that feature back into Depth Scanner.
  • i have installation problem 
    Untitled.png
    501 x 376 - 30K
  • great job. Mac port is excellent. The beta hardware acceleration feature makes the thing very zippy on my M1 Max. compared to other similar machine learning plugs/scripts this one is lightning fast. Though, with high samples, low temporal average and extra details checked it consistently crashes. Solution: tweak other values. also: like every other thing, this will work better the cleaner your footage is. properly exposed? not a lot of noise? this works great. grainy and overexposed? you'll get noise in edges that no amount of temporal smoothing will repair (and in fact temporal smoothing might make things worse). But you can cheat it in other ways! Blur the map more. Posterize time. Whatever.

Very cool. Can recommend. 5/5 stars would go again. 

(PS documentation needs to be updated to include information on "parallel" checkbox)

(PPS - often less is more: a small base resolution with a gaussian blur on top can work great. a nice way to use this blur is with camera lens blur on the footage, rather than depth layer, and use the depth layer as map layer)
  • i have installation problem 
    Hey, please open a bug ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1706
  • Where should I install? it leaves it blank for me 

• Where should I install? it leaves it blank for me 

Hey, please open a bug ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1706
  • In the latest Windows GPU update (14 April 2023) the new options in the menu are listed as Accurate 2023 or Accurate Large 2023 - I'm not really sure which is more accurate. The "Large" version seems to make the resulting depthmap very bright. You say in update notes that there is an Accurate 2023 v2 - I'm somewhat confused now as to what is actually what? 

Is Accurate 2023 actually accurate 2023 v2 or is Large 2023 v2?

I love your product but I do wish your documentation was a bit more comprehensive.
  • In the latest Windows GPU update (14 April 2023) the new options in the menu are listed as Accurate 2023 or Accurate Large 2023 - I'm not really sure which is more accurate. The "Large" version seems to make the resulting depthmap very bright. You say in update notes that there is an Accurate 2023 v2 - I'm somewhat confused now as to what is actually what? 

Is Accurate 2023 actually accurate 2023 v2 or is Large 2023 v2?

I love your product but I do wish your documentation was a bit more comprehensive.
    Sorry for the confusion, that's a real tongue twister ;) Accurate 2023 v2 is equal to Accurate Large 2023. I've updated the description in the docs: https://docs.blaceplugins.com/depthscanner.html#model
  • Is there any way to have frame to frame coherence? I am trying to use it for depth of field blur and things. 

A single frame looks great but is not consistent frame by frame  especially along edges where BG people cross behind FG objects. 

• i'm mac user. It stopped at this installation screen..T_T
    >> "Running package script..."
  • Is there any way to have frame to frame coherence? I am trying to use it for depth of field blur and things. 

A single frame looks great but is not consistent frame by frame  especially along edges where BG people cross behind FG objects. 

You can increase the "Samples" parameter and choose a higher "Temporal average over # frames" value: https://docs.blaceplugins.com/depthscanner.html#temporal-average-over-frames
  • i'm mac user. It stopped at this installation screen..T_T
    >> "Running package script..."
    This is expected, the installer is downloading several GB of data. Please wait a bit longer. You should see in the activity monitor that there is traffic on your network adapter.
  • Hi,
    I have a question and issue regarding the choice of Base Resolution model. When I select 'Small' or 'High' base resolution, I get black output, just a black screen, no depth map. But when I select the 'Medium' resolution I see the proper and expected depth map output. I was wondering if this is indicative of some kind of issue or if it is within the realm of expected behaviour.

Please see screen recording of the issue here:
    https://videoshare.nextlevelbros.com/conversations/3323cf44-ae59-526a-8cba-094a552a8b3e

My specs:
    NVIDIA GTX 1160 Super, 6 GB VRAM
    i7-12700, 2.10 Ghz, 12th Gen Intel CPU
    32 GB RAM

Thanks,
    Alexander 
  • Hi,
    I have a question and issue regarding the choice of Base Resolution model. When I select 'Small' or 'High' base resolution, I get black output, just a black screen, no depth map. But when I select the 'Medium' resolution I see the proper and expected depth map output. I was wondering if this is indicative of some kind of issue or if it is within the realm of expected behaviour.

Please see screen recording of the issue here:
    https://videoshare.nextlevelbros.com/conversations/3323cf44-ae59-526a-8cba-094a552a8b3e

My specs:
    NVIDIA GTX 1160 Super, 6 GB VRAM
    i7-12700, 2.10 Ghz, 12th Gen Intel CPU
    32 GB RAM

Thanks,
    Alexander 
    Hey Alexander,
    please open a bug report here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1706 You can simply copy / paste the description. It would help alot if you could provide us with the .aep file (without footage) via the ticket.
  • Hi there @Blace Plugins
    I have just purchase the Depth Scanner plugin and the effect control options are completely different than what I am finding tutorials online. Do you have any tutorials, that runs through the new version as of May 21st 2023. i.e. I cannot find and do not have the option to set the Absolute Depth - How can I do this in the new version? Can you please send me a link to updated tutorials or documentation that run through the current effect controls please?
  • Hi there @Blace Plugins
    I have just purchase the Depth Scanner plugin and the effect control options are completely different than what I am finding tutorials online. Do you have any tutorials, that runs through the new version as of May 21st 2023. i.e. I cannot find and do not have the option to set the Absolute Depth - How can I do this in the new version? Can you please send me a link to updated tutorials or documentation that run through the current effect controls please?
    Hey Nathan,
    please refer to our documentation: https://docs.blaceplugins.com/depthscanner.html for the latest descriptions. Since there are many third-party tutorials out there it is sometimes a bit difficult to keep track of all ui changes. If you stumble across inconsistencies or ambiguities in the documentation please message us and we will try to clarify.
  • Hi. There is a bug where it crashes using 32bpc with hardware acceleration. If you turn of gpu acceleration or switch to 8bpc it will work fine. Have nvidia 3060 12g, 64gb of ram, and 12600k cpu.
  • Hi. There is a bug where it crashes using 32bpc with hardware acceleration. If you turn of gpu acceleration or switch to 8bpc it will work fine. Have nvidia 3060 12g, 64gb of ram, and 12600k cpu.
    Hey, can you please open a bug ticket and, if possible, send the project file over? https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1864

• not to be an ass, but your graphics card is way to weak to run this plugin. I wouldn't go any lower than a GTX 1080ti 8GB, and yours is lower than bottem of the barrel 1660. they even recommend an RTX for this plugin. yes I know crads are expensive. but IF you want to run this program you need POWER. my RTX 3080ti 12GB can do a whole movie in about 3 hrs no issues. only thing I can segjest you try is do all your work shot to shot. but that still may not help.
    BTW if you dont have enough main RAM you will also have issues. min 16GB. this program will eat that to.
  • Hi - Is there a known issue with the plug-in and the latest nvidia Driver? I've installed driver version 535.98 and now my renders using Depthscanner are crawling at a snails pace. SOmething that used to take a few hours is now taking a couple of days. It seems to get slower over time like a memory leak. I have a Geforce GTX 1080 on WIndows 10 with latest version of AE. I've also tried to roll back my Nvidia driver which is proving decidedly problematic, but that's not your issue.
  • Hi - Is there a known issue with the plug-in and the latest nvidia Driver? I've installed driver version 535.98 and now my renders using Depthscanner are crawling at a snails pace. SOmething that used to take a few hours is now taking a couple of days. It seems to get slower over time like a memory leak. I have a Geforce GTX 1080 on WIndows 10 with latest version of AE. I've also tried to roll back my Nvidia driver which is proving decidedly problematic, but that's not your issue.
    Hey Andrew,
    not that I now of. Please open a ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1864
  • It takes ages to install. Waited more than 20 minutes and yet not installed so I guess it is just another crap in line.
  • It takes ages to install. Waited more than 20 minutes and yet not installed so I guess it is just another crap in line.
    It downloads several GB of data so depending on your Internet connection it takes long time.
  • just to help some folks out here trying to use this.

DO NOT try and do a whole movie. this new version will only let you do 5 min MAX @ a time. if you try and do a longer clip it will act like its taking a long time and then ether crash or lock up the system do to laq of RAM.

I run 32gb of DDR4 system ram just to give you an idea and it eats that right up. most work stations that are used by the studios have a min of 128gb

core I 7 5GHZ     M.2  NVME for boot drive   RTX 3080TI 12gb   mainboard has intel chipset    YES it matters.

file size for this plugin is about 6gigs     I don't recommend using dialup internet

• its crashing my after effects. The project chases as soon as depth scanner plugin is enabled. It's a great and handy plugin but I am just scared to use it in the professional assignments and it can crash any time and then it takes hours of work around, multiple restarts to make it worrk. Can you guys please come up with some solution?

I have 128gb ram and RTX 4090 btw. 
  • its crashing my after effects. The project chases as soon as depth scanner plugin is enabled. It's a great and handy plugin but I am just scared to use it in the professional assignments and it can crash any time and then it takes hours of work around, multiple restarts to make it worrk. Can you guys please come up with some solution?

I have 128gb ram and RTX 4090 btw. 
    Hey, please open a bugticket so we can help with the crashes.
  • 2 days to install and another 2 so far trying to get work. Everytime I use it gives the error

After Effects

After Effects error: This effect cannot be applied because it cannot be initialized

Try reinstalling or contacting the plug-in developer.

opening up a ticket to see if can resolve

• another thing I forgot to point out to people having problems getting this to run

you need to purge the cache in AE

this plugin requires it to be almost empty to run smooth

you may also need to increase its allowable size

also DO NOT use a regular HDD with this plugin it needs a FAST SSD

I would also like to ask Y this don't have depth adjustments. no way to adjust depth levels. and NO guided mode is NOT what im talking about.

• what is the render only license for ?
  • 2 days to install and another 2 so far trying to get work. Everytime I use it gives the error

After Effects

After Effects error: This effect cannot be applied because it cannot be initialized

Try reinstalling or contacting the plug-in developer.

opening up a ticket to see if can resolve

This should be resolved with the latest updates.
  • another thing I forgot to point out to people having problems getting this to run

I would also like to ask Y this don't have depth adjustments. no way to adjust depth levels. and NO guided mode is NOT what im talking about.

Because a simple Levels effect does the job!
  • Depth Scanner v1.7.2 and Mask Prompter v1.0 conflict with each other. That is, if you applied one of these plugins, then removed and applied another, then an error message pops up: "This effect cannot be initialized. Try reinstalling or contacting the plugin developer. (25::3)" I do not use newer ones versions, because they create a "Blace Plugins" folder in the Program files folder, which is 3GB in size. Perhaps even with the latest versions, the conflict will remain. I didn't test
  • Installing this crap is a total fucking quest, man. It won't download the data package during script execution on any home WiFi. I've tried it at friends' in Manhattan, at my place in LA on Spectrum. Only works through an iPhone hotspot, and even then the installation process randomly freezes. It's some unimaginable bullshit. I can't get it to install.
  • Depth Scanner v1.7.2 and Mask Prompter v1.0 conflict with each other. That is, if you applied one of these plugins, then removed and applied another, then an error message pops up: "This effect cannot be initialized. Try reinstalling or contacting the plugin developer. (25::3)" I do not use newer ones versions, because they create a "Blace Plugins" folder in the Program files folder, which is 3GB in size. Perhaps even with the latest versions, the conflict will remain. I didn't test
    Hey,
    please stick to the latest releases. The older versions have to download the same amount of data, so you don't save any disk space. There is an issue with our plugins conflicting sometimes that we are investigating at the moment.
  • Installing this crap is a total fucking quest, man. It won't download the data package during script execution on any home WiFi. I've tried it at friends' in Manhattan, at my place in LA on Spectrum. Only works through an iPhone hotspot, and even then the installation process randomly freezes. It's some unimaginable bullshit. I can't get it to install.
    Hey Dima, i am sorry it's a bad experience for you at the moment! Please open a ticket so we can solve this issue: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1864

Because a simple Levels effect does the job!
    LOL no it don't. Ive used that and it don't change it enough
  • This just keeps on crashing AE. No support system, no replies, no fix. What is with you guys? It's not like we are asking for favors, we paid for it.  
  • This just keeps on crashing AE. No support system, no replies, no fix. What is with you guys? It's not like we are asking for favors, we paid for it.  
    Hey,
    We'll investigate the issue with you for sure!
    Hey,
    please stick to the latest releases. The older versions have to download the same amount of data, so you don't save any disk space. There is an issue with our plugins conflicting sometimes that we are investigating at the moment.
    Hello,
    I installed Mask Prompter version 1.4.5. Same thing again. It throws error 23::3 and 48::72 if Depth Scanner or Goodbye Greenscreen was used before it

Hey,
    Hello,
    I installed Mask Prompter version 1.4.5. Same thing again. It throws error 23::3 and 48::72 if Depth Scanner or Goodbye Greenscreen was used before it

Hey,
  • could this plugin be made for use with resolve studio fusion?
  • could this plugin be made for use with resolve studio fusion?
    Hey, we are looking into it!
  • This plugin updates a lot and it takes a long time what gives.
  • l do like this 

Depth Scanner  is really good keep the updates coming on this plugin 

• Hi. Could this plugin be made for the nuke foundry 12? It would be great! Thank you.
  • Jeremy PZ said:
    Hi. Could this plugin be made for the nuke foundry 12? It would be great! Thank you.
    Hey Jeremy,
    at the moment we don't have plans to support this.