• So many great improvements, and the interface is now really intuitive. 
  • Hope you'll like it.
    Keep us posted of works achieved with it!
  • I want you newton!!!!
  • Hi,

Short question. I saw the demo video and the quick start guide. The values inside Newton 2 can be keyframed?

Thanks,
  • Hi Alain,

Value inside Newton cannot be keyframed (except gravity).

Cheers,

Val.
  • Is there a way to constrain the axis of a spring joint?  In the Quick Start video, you can see the object fall to the side when the spring simulation slows down towards the end.  
  • Hi Steve,

Sure, just use a Pivot joint! :)
  • Ah, of course.  I didn't think of mixing and matching joints.  Sweet.

Hi Steve,

Sure, just use a Pivot joint! :)

• How did Llyod create the "fractured" text in his demo video? Is there a script for it. Because some kind of fracture script would be really cool to have so that we can shatter solids, text,... and use them in Newton2
  • Hi Pascal,

For the moment (OHOHOH), best practice is to use Illustrator.

• Hey, I love Newton 2!
    Nice interface, excellent text integration, is really really cool.

I have a question, I have downloaded the Demo and did some stuff inside the Newton interface, but I can´t get it to pass to After Effects interface, do you know what I mean? I can work nice inside Newton but can´t export to AE although it makes some loading when I click Render in Newton 2.

What I´m I doing wrong? Or the Demo doesn't let the motion to get out of it unless you have full version?

Sorry for my poor english!
    Thanks in advance!

Now I see that Newton 2 trial just gives 25 frames of preview.
    I´ll buy it soon

OHHH REALLY SORRY! I´M A NOOB!
    Newton just exported that to a new comp and I didn´t know. LOL
  • Hey
    Hey, I love Newton 2!
    Nice interface, excellent text integration, is really really cool.

I have a question, I have downloaded the Demo and did some stuff inside the Newton interface, but I can´t get it to pass to After Effects interface, do you know what I mean? I can work nice inside Newton but can´t export to AE although it makes some loading when I click Render in Newton 2.

What I´m I doing wrong? Or the Demo doesn't let the motion to get out of it unless you have full version?

Sorry for my poor english!
    Thanks in advance!
    Thks for the kind words. :)
    Demo is fully functional but export limited to 25frames.
    I think you must have the "Apply to New Comp" function activated and then have a copy of your original comp in your After Effects project panel.

• Hi, 

In the demo video at 00:28 we can see lines representing the joint connections. How can we replicate that? 
    I'd like to create a sort of "balance balls" with balls attached to strings, swinging back and forth. 

Thanks!
  • Hi David,

We'll release in a near future some scripts to achieve this. 

You can still make this with different tools in AE (like the beam effect or shapes....)
  • Quick question: Is there a reason I have to enter my registration code every time I restart after effects, or is this a bug?
  • Quick question: Is there a reason I have to enter my registration code every time I restart after effects, or is this a bug?

Yes there's is. The release file have a bug in the registration part. An update is available in "My Downloads and Licenses" of your account.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes there's is. The release file have a bug in the registration part. An update is available in "My Downloads and Licenses" of your account.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem, thanks for the fix :-)

• This looks awesome!  Is there any sort of student pricing by chance?
  • This looks awesome!  Is there any sort of student pricing by chance?
    follow this link : https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/newton-frequently-asked-questions/#edu
  • Hi, this looks incredible ... something I've wanted for some time and have enjoyed in dedicated 3D apps immensely.  (Great for work AND play!)  Anyway, I was just wondering if there were any tutorials available now or in the works?  Thanks!
  • Hmm...was just about to purchase but decided to use the trial version.

It crashed AE6 every time Newton is chosen in the comp menu.

Lance
  • Hi, this looks incredible ... something I've wanted for some time and have enjoyed in dedicated 3D apps immensely.  (Great for work AND play!)  Anyway, I was just wondering if there were any tutorials available now or in the works?  Thanks!
    Hi Tim.
    And you can check Newton's showcase on vimeo : https://vimeo.com/groups/newtonshowcase
  • Hmm...was just about to purchase but decided to use the trial version.

It crashed AE6 every time Newton is chosen in the comp menu.

Lance
    Please open a support ticket. Tell me, do you have mocha pro installed?
  • Hi, yes, I do have Mocha Pro.

Lance
  • Hi, yes, I do have Mocha Pro. Lance

We have found a compatibility issue with Mocha Pro (in fact the 3D import plugin).
    Try to remove Mocha (or just that 3D import plugin), it should work.
    We are investigating to fix that.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

• For the moment (OHOHOH), best practice is to use Illustrator.

I only have a very basic understanding of Illustrator. Would you use the Knife or the Scissor Tool to fracture a text/layer in Illustrator to use with Newton?

• Just thought I'd let you know Newton 2 won't launch properly unless it is in the root level of the AECS6 plugin directory - you'll get the following error message - at least you do with this version on a Mac.

AE will still launch but it won't recognize the plugin if it's placed in a subfolder. So, keep it in the root until an update is made. The OCD organizer (like me) will just have to cope. 
    Screen Shot 2013-02-26 at 10.59.35 AM.png
    433 x 161 - 25K
  • That's correct Carl. If you look into the install pdf, you'll see something like the attached image.
    install_screenshot.png
    393 x 45 - 16K
  • Hey, guys, hello again! Sorry about disturbing here, but... how should I do to avoid the text (previously converted to shape forms with AE) don't get 90º rotated when the animation is exported to AE main interface. I mean, everything works roght into Newton interface, but those text shapes get 90º degree rotated when they are into AE.

And yet another question: How to avoid objects (like text shapes) get "encastradas" (google translate says "recessed" or "built", I'd say one piece with form of U and another U if they collapse, then they get united"). Well that´s all by now. Thx

Thanks in advance!
  • Hi Joa,

Please open a support ticket here: aescripts.com/contact/ and join the AEP and your Newton settings.

• Thanks for above info. Would you post when you have a new version that fixes the Mocha issue?

Lance
  • Thanks for above info. Would you post when you have a new version that fixes the Mocha issue?

Lance
    Sure!
  • Proud owner of newton 2. Time to go play :)
  • Proud owner of newton 2. Time to go play :)
    Thanks Mathew, keep us posted of work you achieved with Newton!
  • Newton previews are so slow in my computer. My configuration is very strong so I
    can't understand why this is happening. I use AE CS6 on win7 pro 64 bit. I made some test with two or three primitive shapes,
    newton shows them approx 20-21 fps. Than I tried to use two converted text and it previews them at 1-1.5 fps. Any idea?

• Hi!
    For the text, usually it's because font used is too complex (too much vertices in the shapes of the fonts) or text is too long (too much characters).
    You should try the convex hull feature that will really simplify your shapes and so speed up your preview.

Cheers,
    Val.

• Hi again,
    I will try to explain my test conditions:
    I made a 10 seconds of 720p comp and inside of it I made two separate words with arial font "Newton, Test". I made a heptagon and another rectangle using shape layers. Than in Newton interface I increased mesh precision to 1 for every shapes and texts. I made the base rectangle static and I simply pushed the preview button without changing any other parameters. In conclusion my preview speed is 18 fps per 25.
    I like to give you some information about my configuration. I have z77 motherboard with i7 2700K processor, 32gb ram and GTX 660Ti graphic card.
    My win7 pro 64bit work on sata3 SSD drive. If this version give such results in this configuration and if you say this is normal performance of it than I think
    it isn't a clever idea to purchase this version.
    Thank you for your support.
    Sincerely
    M. Maya
  • Hi Milo,
    After enquiry there is a minor issue in the Windows version concerning the framerate (actual fps and displayed fps may differ a bit). This should be fixed in the next release.
  • Hi there,
    First. I like the new Newton a lot. Great UI & slick new features. Thumbs up.
    Now the But.
    Newton keeps crashing with a specific setup for me. The error message is as follows:  

Last protocolled message: <140735092687232> <ae.blitpipe> <2> Making New Context

My setup is. AE CS6 11.0.2 on Mac OSX 10.8.3
    What could be the problem?

I attached the .aep file that crashes to this post.

Cheers
    :fab

Edit:
    If I remove the layer named "floor" Newton does not crash. That is wired because I used Newton in version 1 several times like that
    zip
    zip
    newton-crash.aep.zip
  • Hi Fabian,

The problem comes from Masks 3 and 7. Try recreating them properly, using an open mask with two vertices. (you shouldn't see the mask blending mode popup next to the open masks).

Cheers,
    Charles
  • Hi Charles,

good to know that this can cause problems. I had a look how a mask with this error can be created.
    Looks like by creating a mask with at least 3 verticies and a closed shape the blending options get activated. When I remove one of these verticies the shape.closed attribute is still true and the blending options stay on the layer.

Thanks for your help.

:Fab

• Will Newton 2 read animated mask keyframes in AE - I'm trying to build an expanding 2 sided passage with a animated mask which I want particles to collide with?
    thanks

todd
  • Will Newton 2 read animated mask keyframes in AE - I'm trying to build an expanding 2 sided passage with a animated mask which I want particles to collide with?
    thanks

todd
    Sorry Todd, Animated path is not supported by Newton.
    Cheers,
    Val
  • Hi team Newton! :) 
    I've been trying to re-create the rope sample scene, but I get really ridiculous stretching in the (pivot) joints, just as if they were breaking one after the other from the top down, and jumping around wildly. "Collide connected" is disabled, everything else at standard settings. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Thank you!
    Jules

Edit: Ah, sorry. Noob question, apparently. Raising the sub-steps solved it. I'm back in speechless-appreciation-mode. :)

• I've been trying to re-create the rope sample scene, but I get really ridiculous stretching in the (pivot) joints, just as if they were breaking one after the other from the top down, and jumping around wildly. "Collide connected" is disabled, everything else at standard settings. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Those situation can be solved by raising the sub-steps as you mention. You can lower also object density...

Cheers,
    Val.
  • Is there any chance that Newton2 becomes available for Vegas Pro?
  • Is there any chance that Newton2 becomes available for Vegas Pro?
    Hi Theo,
    Sorry, we don't have any plan to release Newton for Vegas Pro.

Cheers,
    Val.
  • hey ~ the newton 2 seens great!!!

2 short question:

why the trial version can't  unzip?

Does newton2 support the windows system?

Thanks!

• Hi!

Well, you should re-download it, your file may be corrupt or try a different browser.
    Of course N2 support Win!

Cheers,
    Val.