• David Stone said: Hey Nik,
    I'm trying to install the latest update and all the versions are greyed out in the installer. My version of AE is installed in a custom location and there is no option to choose the install location. I saw when I first start the installer that there is a comment about this. Something about opening /Extras and opening the ExtrasInstaller? Have no clue where this is located though. 
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Hi David! Sorry, we really havn't included Extra installer, we will update out current files ASAP, for now, a quick workaround will be: Manually create folder structure like
    /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2017/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels
    Then, if you re-run installer, option for AE 2017 will be available. After, there will be file
    gifGun.jsxbin and folder (gifGun), 
    just move them to your custom location inside ...<your path>/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels
    Again, thank you for noticing this bug!

• This just started today after using it pretty reliably for months, but when I click "make gif" it prompts me to either clear the render queue or save the project before continuing. I've done both and the save project window continues popping up. I'm assuming gifgun is adding to the queue before checking to make sure the project is saved, which makes it appear to be unsaved. This is super frustrating because it has become part of my workflow without going into photoshop, which takes an ungodly amount of time sometimes. I've tried reinstalling with no luck, anything I can do to fix this?
  • Hey Nik,
    I'm trying to install the latest update and all the versions are greyed out in the installer. My version of AE is installed in a custom location and there is no option to choose the install location. I saw when I first start the installer that there is a comment about this. Something about opening /Extras and opening the ExtrasInstaller? Have no clue where this is located though. 
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
    Hi David! Sorry, we really havn't included Extra installer, we will update out current files ASAP, for now, a quick workaround will be: Manually create folder structure like /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2017/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels
    Then, if you re-run installer, option for AE 2017 will be available. After, there will be file gifGun.jsxbin and folder (gifGun), 
    just move them to your custom location inside ...<your path>/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels
    Again, thank you for noticing this bug!

Ah, yes. That makes sense. Thank you. 
  • This just started today after using it pretty reliably for months, but when I click "make gif" it prompts me to either clear the render queue or save the project before continuing. I've done both and the save project window continues popping up. I'm assuming gifgun is adding to the queue before checking to make sure the project is saved, which makes it appear to be unsaved. This is super frustrating because it has become part of my workflow without going into photoshop, which takes an ungodly amount of time sometimes. I've tried reinstalling with no luck, anything I can do to fix this?
    Same issues here. Please fix we need Gif Gun!!!!
    Same issues here. Please fix we need Gif Gun!!!!
    Same error coming up for me too. Worked a handful of times in a row - now hangs on the save dialogue every time.

Edit: I think what happens is that your preferences file gets screwed up to where it can't set the default path for renders. When the render can't continue, it hangs on the save dialogue. I deleted my preferences file and it started working again.
  • YEA!!! Thanks Matt!  

Cleared preferences as you suggested BOOM! Success - Many Thanks!!:

Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) while the application is starting.
  • I tried what is listed in the comments and I'm still having issues. Stuck at save project error.
  • Hello!
    I have the same problem: "save the project first" error!
    I  deleted the preference file, but still get the error.
    Any ideas someone?
  • Hi. I trouble shooted a problem with Mike a few days ago, where GifGun wouldn't work on MacOS. Mike's solution was:

Fixed, some strange behavior of presets. Fixed with click in `Update Presets`

I'm experiencing the problem again, and I can't find the 'Update Presets' button. Where is it?

Thank you.

• Hey all,

The GIF it creates is super choppy and slowed down even though I've chosen to use the source FPS (60). Any idea why?
  • Hi I'm getting an error when bring up the window in after effects. (Unable to execute script at line 1. Object is invalid. Also nothing happens when I do get the window to work and try to generate a gif.
  • Hi I'm getting an error when bring up the window in after effects. (Unable to execute script at line 1. Object is invalid. Also nothing happens when I do get the window to work and try to generate a gif.
    Please open a support ticket
  • Hey all,

The GIF it creates is super choppy and slowed down even though I've chosen to use the source FPS (60). Any idea why?
  • Hey all,

• San Lis said:
    How many frames support this plugin? Does it is possible to make a gif with 1000 frames?
    Can I do a gif with 1400 px width size?
    You can do any frames/fps/resolution. But you have to be aware of GIF format limitation. We've done article on that (it mostly refers to MacOS 10.11, but brings up GIF downsides in general) https://medium.com/@nikska/gif-macos-preview-mystery-e8000d099b5
  • Is there a way to to have a transparent background when the GIF is exported?

I'm trying to make some "round" icons with animation in the center but when I export the GIF it always has the stage color.

Thanks and Great tool!

Would you please open a support ticket and send us those strange gifs for analysis?
  • also stuck on save file first. FML
    Sorry for that, we have fixed this issue and gonna upload an update soon. Please choose [UPDATE PRESETS] in GifGun settings – Render With dropdown and relaunch AE
  • No transparency arrrrrgggghhhhhhh . Comeon man. Its a most common task. 

Hi, Erik. We're on a way to alpha. Made some testing yesterday, and hope to release it within two weeks. If you want to enroll in beta testing, please write me a personal message.
  • I absolutely LOVE GifGun. Sadly, it has stopped working. It gets hung up at "Here it comes"
    I have;
    - updated to the latest version, didn't fix. 
    - manually replaced the GifBaby file
    - tried the Terminal thing (didn't work)
    - reset preferences (holding cmd+shift+alt)

I'm running MacOS Sierra & AE CC17. 

Please help!!
  • I absolutely LOVE GifGun. Sadly, it has stopped working. It gets hung up at "Here it comes"
    I have;
    - updated to the latest version, didn't fix. 
    - manually replaced the GifBaby file
    - tried the Terminal thing (didn't work)
    - reset preferences (holding cmd+shift+alt)

I'm running MacOS Sierra & AE CC17. 

Please help!!
    Hi, Jason! 
  • Do you have support for alpha yet? Would save me a lot of time if I could get working alpha very quickly.
  • i have a problem with shades of red.
  • i have a problem with shades of red.
    Hi, Joseph. Please send us some GIFs affected

• Do you have support for alpha yet? I have puchased GifGun assuming that such a basic feature would be available. No mention was made of it not supporting it. Now the software is useless to me as I will only need to make gifs with an alpha layer.
    The software is great, and a lovely quick tool, but I need alpha implemented. At the least you should mention the fact that alpha is not supported in the product description so that others are not misled.
  • Nik Ska,

This plug-in has huge potential, but every time I used it I NEEDED alpha.
    If there is a beta version where the alpha works, I would love to participate and offer feedback.

I'm running v1.5.1 and have updated presets.
  • Nik Ska,

This plug-in has huge potential, but every time I used it I NEEDED alpha.
    If there is a beta version where the alpha works, I would love to participate and offer feedback.

I'm running v1.5.1 and have updated presets.

paul ross said:
    Do you have support for alpha yet? I have puchased GifGun assuming that such a basic feature would be available. No mention was made of it not supporting it. Now the software is useless to me as I will only need to make gifs with an alpha layer.
    The software is great, and a lovely quick tool, but I need alpha implemented. At the least you should mention the fact that alpha is not supported in the product description so that others are not misled.
    Guys, please write me in messages and I would enroll you in our alpha channel testing
  • Nik Ska said:
    Guys, please write me in messages and I would enroll you in our alpha channel testing
    Thanks Nik, I'll send a message shortly. I appreciate it.
  • gifGun has installed however I have a blank panel.

AE CC 2017.1

OS 10.11.4

Tried running the terminal command but couldn't get it to work. I have installed in the standard mac location - no custom directory.

HALP! 

Also - no alpha channel? Probably best to say this in your product description. Seems like an obvious must have. 
    Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 10.59.30 AM.png
    658 x 513 - 18K
  • gifGun has installed however I have a blank panel.

AE CC 2017.1

OS 10.11.4

Tried running the terminal command but couldn't get it to work. I have installed in the standard mac location - no custom directory.

HALP! 

Also - no alpha channel? Probably best to say this in your product description. Seems like an obvious must have. 
    Hi, Chris! Please open a support ticket
  • Does this have a working alpha channel? Would like to purchase but need alpha. Thanks
  • Hi. I'm also getting the error "Save Project First" when trying to export... My render queue is clear, and project is saved. I'm using AE CC 2017. Any help? Thanks. 
  • Hi. I'm also getting the error "Save Project First" when trying to export... My render queue is clear, and project is saved. I'm using AE CC 2017. Any help? Thanks. 
    Hi, Christian! We have fixed this in 1.5.3, please update GifGun. If the issue persists, please open a support ticket
  • So, I bought this plugin over a year ago now.  When will you add transparency as an option?  Its the most requested feature.  If you don't have the technical ability to implement it, you should really reach out to the community to find a way to make it work at this point.  Maybe reach out to Lloyd and see if he can help you or connect you with someone who can help?

You should also explicitly mention on your product description that you don't currently support transparency.  That functionality is expected, and since you don't have that functionality, you need to call it out otherwise its disingenuous to hide that fact.
  • So, I bought this plugin over a year ago now.  When will you add transparency as an option?  Its the most requested feature.  If you don't have the technical ability to implement it, you should really reach out to the community to find a way to make it work at this point.  Maybe reach out to Lloyd and see if he can help you or connect you with someone who can help?

You should also explicitly mention on your product description that you don't currently support transparency.  That functionality is expected, and since you don't have that functionality, you need to call it out otherwise its disingenuous to hide that fact.
    Hi, Bryan. We can send you GifGun 1.6 beta with alpha channel support if you send us your email to direct messages. We're planning to release after extensive testing since we made other updates to the engine.
  • Hi Nik,

I bought GifGun but are in need of the option of transparency. May I request access to the GifGun 1.6 beta with alpha channel support? I love the plugin in so far but I feel it's missing an important part.
  • Hi Nik,

I bought GifGun but are in need of the option of transparency. May I request access to the GifGun 1.6 beta with alpha channel support? I love the plugin in so far but I feel it's missing an important part.
    Hi, Derek! Sent you a link to 1.6
  • Hi Nik, I, too, need the alpha channel support – could you send me the 1.6 please?
  • It's great; I definitely want to add to the request for transparency options!
  • Nik, I have a client's project that needs transparency. Do you mind sending me the 1.6 version? Thank you so much!
  • I am confused. I just bought this. I have AE 2015.3 on OSX 10.11.6. The installer fails. I make sure I am installing to "ScriptUI Panels" but after installing I get the dialog:

The installation failed.

The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
  • I am confused. I just bought this. I have AE 2015.3 on OSX 10.11.6. The installer fails. I make sure I am installing to "ScriptUI Panels" but after installing I get the dialog:

The installation failed.

The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
  • Hi Nik,

It would be really nice if you could send me the 1.6 version as well, for the transparancy option.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Kind regards,

Rens
  • Hi Nik,

It would be really nice if you could send me the 1.6 version as well, for the transparancy option.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Kind regards,

Rens
    sent
  • Hi,

I would also love 1.6, I have a lot of work that requires alpha. Thanks for making a great plugin!

Thanks,
    Peter
  • Hi Nik,

for an upcoming project I'd like to test version 1.6 because of the alpha option. Could you send it me a link please.

thanks,

• Hi,

I would also love 1.6, I have a lot of work that requires alpha. Thanks for making a great plugin!

Thanks,
    Peter

Kon Rei said:
    Hi Nik,

for an upcoming project I'd like to test version 1.6 because of the alpha option. Could you send it me a link please.

thanks,

Done. 
  • Thank you. That was quick!
  • Hello Nik,

for an alpha option's test I'd like to test version 1.6. 
    Could you send it me a link please :) ?

thanks,