• Hello, 

May I ask how to render a high res gif (won't have pixelated graphics) with gifgun, any setting recommend?

Thank you so much. 

Regards, 

Andy 
  • Hi Nik Ska,

I would also love to have the beta 1.6, to use the alpha's feature. Thanks for this awesome plugin!

Thanks you in advance,

Guillaume
  • Hi,

I'm trying the plugin with a comp that is 15 fps and 350 px. The trial version creates the Gif and I open it in Chrome to check the loop count. I uncehcked "loop GIF" but it loops in Chrome :(. I checked with another gif creator app. I created a non looping gif and Chrome plays it only one time.

Could you help me figure out what I am doing wrong? Is this happening because it is a trial version?

I run it on After Effects 2017.2, 14.2.1.34.

Best regards,
    Alex.

• This is awesome only I need the transparency part of this software. Is there any updates coming in near future or time being could I have access to the beta?

Kind Regards
    Nick
  • This is awesome only I need the transparency part of this software. Is there any updates coming in near future or time being could I have access to the beta?

Kind Regards
    Nick
    Download the latest version (1.5.4), it has "Keep Alpha" option
  • Hi,

I'm trying the plugin with a comp that is 15 fps and 350 px. The trial version creates the Gif and I open it in Chrome to check the loop count. I uncehcked "loop GIF" but it loops in Chrome :(. I checked with another gif creator app. I created a non looping gif and Chrome plays it only one time.

Could you help me figure out what I am doing wrong? Is this happening because it is a trial version?

I run it on After Effects 2017.2, 14.2.1.34.

Best regards,
    Alex.

Hi, Alex! Could you please send us those gifs? Just open a support ticket
  • I sent this as a ticket, but posting it here in case other people are having the same issue.

I recently updated to the latest version of gifgun (1.5.4) earlier this week and now it is no longer rendering. I click "Get Gif" and it renders the video and outputs the video to the render folder, but that's where it stops. The button is grayed out and it says "here it comes" - but nothing ever comes. I have tried getting gifgun to create a GifGun_log.txt file, but it won't. 

I believe the issue is because the "Progressive Render" box is checked, and as I'm using AE CC 2015.2 - I'm not able to "uncheck" the box. Please let me know how I can solve this issue so I'll be able to use gifgun again. 

Thank you.
  • GifGun is great, it saves the step of having to render out a video from AE, and then importing into Photoshop, only to export the gif. 
    I use it a lot. Thanks. 

It would be great if it worked with Premiere too!!!!
  • Hello Nik, I do not know if its a bug or not, But when we check Keep Alpha, then Resize to width does not have any effect on render. It renders to full comp width :( .
  • Hello Nik, I do not know if its a bug or not, But when we check Keep Alpha, then Resize to width does not have any effect on render. It renders to full comp width :( .
    Wow, thank you. It's clearly a bug. We will fix it asap. Thank you very much for notice!
  • Hello. Weather "Save video copy" option is checked or not, script saves the video copy all the time. When I watch the folder while gifgun is rendering, it only removes the palette file after render process is done. Is it a bug? Great script btw :)
  • hi there,

My gif seems to be looping even if I uncheck the box... Do you have the same issue ?

PS : Great plugin by the way worth the money easy! :)
  • hello someone ?
    If you need technical support please open a support ticket.
  • I got the following when attempting to render:

Windows 10. AfterEffects CC17. Any ideas?
  • I got the following when attempting to render:

Windows 10. AfterEffects CC17. Any ideas?
    please open a support ticket.
  • can I render a gif maintaining a background circle of 50% opacity
  • Hi, 
    I export with GIF GUN but it only has a video in the folder

• San Lis said:
    How many frames support this plugin? Does it is possible to make a gif with 1000 frames?
    Can I do a gif with 1400 px width size?
    Please open a support ticket
  • Hi, 

I'm having the same issue. the export only gave a mov file even if the save video copy was unchecked. no gif file at all . please help. thanks
  • Hi, 

I'm having the same issue. the export only gave a mov file even if the save video copy was unchecked. no gif file at all . please help. thanks
    Please open a support ticket
  • at the best setting and no compression, the video that renders before processing the GIF is always at 1/4 resolution under custom best settings. so the gif outcome of the gif is always 1/4 rez. is there any way to change that?  please help. thank you
  • Hi, are we able to update our GIfGun? I'm running an older version and wasn't sure if we get a discounted rate to upgrade. Thanks!
  • Hi, are we able to update our GIfGun? I'm running an older version and wasn't sure if we get a discounted rate to upgrade. Thanks!

Minor upgrades are free
    https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-upgrade-to-the-latest-version/
  • Hi,

I keep getting error "The directory originally specified in the selected output module no longer exists."

...but it does :/ any advice?

I got AE 15.1.0
  • Hi,

I keep getting error "The directory originally specified in the selected output module no longer exists."

I got AE 15.1.0
    Hi, Adam! Are you rendering to local or network storage?
  • Nik Ska said:
    Hi,

I got AE 15.1.0
    Hi, Adam! Are you rendering to local or network storage?
    Thanks for quick reply!

I have already solved it. The problem was that I had ' and % symbol in the path (in name of one of folders)... I've removed it and it works. Maybe you could put it to FAQ or adjust the error message if possible... for morons like me :D
  • Hello,
    Bought GIFGUN i love it.

If i may - I would suggest extra features that  - I think - could compliment this plugin really well:

1. Optimize to file size > Desired file size ... on export (got this idea from Photoshop)
    2. On export - fit selected frames to original or desired FPS speed. [ Let's say Composition is 30fps I want 15fps output but i want it to be played at 25fps or original speed]

If these updates could be technically possible that would be awesome.

Cheers,
    G

• I installed script, but it didn`t appear in menu AE.
  • I installed script, but it didn`t appear in menu AE.

open a support ticket
  • I am a mac user- use Mac Os 10.11.3 ( El captain ), i buy the script , and follow all the instruction in the pdf file , and the script is Still not working - when i click render it write HERE WE Go and there is no GIF Exported 
    My gif is 10 FBS and 3 Second only (( Circle move from lift to right only )) its mean its too simple animation and its size should be small

So,Please Fix Your Script '
    i am not pay to get nothing 

(note , i tried your script version 1.5 and 1.6 before its working very good in my same mac and same after effect version CC2015 - but i didn't know what is the problem with your Code ))
  • How can I update it?? 
  • I am a mac user- use Mac Os 10.11.3 ( El captain ), i buy the script , and follow all the instruction in the pdf file , and the script is Still not working - when i click render it write HERE WE Go and there is no GIF Exported 
    My gif is 10 FBS and 3 Second only (( Circle move from lift to right only )) its mean its too simple animation and its size should be small

So,Please Fix Your Script '

i am not pay to get nothing 

(note , i tried your script version 1.5 and 1.6 before its working very good in my same mac and same after effect version CC2015 - but i didn't know what is the problem with your Code ))
    open a support ticket
  • I'm having a problem when I export gifs using gifgun in AE cc 2018 on windows 10 where the gif has wrong colors at the end no matter what settings I use. Any suggestions on fixing this?
  • I'm having a problem when I export gifs using gifgun in AE cc 2018 on windows 10 where the gif has wrong colors at the end no matter what settings I use. Any suggestions on fixing this?
    open a support ticket
  • Although it's easy to work with, even at the highest settings the quality of the exported GIF seems to be way lower in comparison with a GIF exported from Photoshop. The difference is pretty significant... is that normal or am I missing something?
  • when i open it, the UI is massive and mostly off screen of my second display, meaning i can't access the 'make gif' or the close/undock panel. any idea how i can make it small so i can dock it without having to have to completely rework my workspace?
  • when i open it, the UI is massive and mostly off screen of my second display, meaning i can't access the 'make gif' or the close/undock panel. any idea how i can make it small so i can dock it without having to have to completely rework my workspace?
    You might need to reset your AE workspace
  • You might need to reset your AE workspace
    just what i was trying to avoid. ah well, thanks though
  • Hi - love your product - love the alpha support. Getting flashing in white areas. Can you advise?  Many Thanks!! Peter

• Have a feature request - I would LOVE the ability to render gifgun with the comp set to "current settings" instead of BEST settings. I work with a lot of pixel art stuff, and have nearest neighbour filtering applied to my layers, but the BEST setting in the render queue always changes the filtering. So it would be nice to be able to override that. My only work around is to render a MOV, then turn that into a GIF.

Thanks!
  • Hello,

I am having an issue with GifGun, the plugin is stock at 99% of the gif rendering ? 

Do you know from where this problem is coming from ? 

Thanks in advance,
  • Hi - love your product - love the alpha support. Getting flashing in white areas. Can you advise?  Many Thanks!! Peter
    open a support ticket
  • Hello,

I am having an issue with GifGun, the plugin is stock at 99% of the gif rendering ? 

Do you know from where this problem is coming from ? 

Thanks in advance,
    open a support ticket
  • Although it's easy to work with, even at the highest settings the quality of the exported GIF seems to be way lower in comparison with a GIF exported from Photoshop. The difference is pretty significant... is that normal or am I missing something?
    open a support ticket
  • Hello Awesome GigGun Team,

I wonder if you guys are planning a feature to render a gif directly via a the render queue as output module settings ?
    I'm doing a lot of UX/UI prototyping and not using render preset would kill my workflow.

Is there any chance to see this feature in a near future ?
    (or a trick to render via the classic render queue i didn't see ?)

best.

• I think the encoding is done in the JavaScript engine of AE so quite unlikely they add this feature
  • Hi GifGun team, 

I'm excited to be able to use the script. Right now I get the error "TypeError: undefined is not an object" and "Unable to executr escript at line 1. undefined is not an object" when I click "gifGun.jsxbin"

I'm using GifGun 1.7 on After Effects CC 2018

Any help would be much appreciated. 
  • Hi GifGun team, 

I'm excited to be able to use the script. Right now I get the error "TypeError: undefined is not an object" and "Unable to executr escript at line 1. undefined is not an object" when I click "gifGun.jsxbin"

I'm using GifGun 1.7 on After Effects CC 2018

Any help would be much appreciated. 
    open a support ticket