• Hello -- 

When will the introductory price end?
  • is there any possibility to make seamless animations? thanks!
  • Is there anyway you could post some tutorials on you tube so we could get a head start on it when the windows version becomes available?
  • Alex S said:
    Hi,

I really need this in windows. When is it going to be released for Windows 10? 

Thanks,
    Alex
    The windows version will be released this coming Wednesday November 23, 2016!
  • Alex S said:
    Hi,

I really need this in windows. When is it going to be released for Windows 10? 

Thanks,
    Alex
    The windows version will be released this coming Wednesday November 23, 2016!
    Hurray!
  • What's the learning curve from people coming from Particular or X-Particles?
  • What's the learning curve from people coming from Particular or X-Particles?
    I found the "Node" paradigm easy to understand and very logical for setting up particle systems but you can download the free trial and play with it yourself. We will also be adding many tutorials to help explain the more complex aspects of it.
  • Hello, when will the early adopter discount over?
    I'm a windows user and i have no mac, i'd love to try this out before buy it.
    please don't make the discount over before windows version is out
  • Hi, looking to purchase today. Will my purchase cover both 1 Mac and 1 PC upon the PC release?

• Hi, looking to purchase today. Will my purchase cover both 1 Mac and 1 PC upon the PC release?

The license is cross-platform and allows for it to be installed on up to two computers as long as they are not being used at the same time. If you need to install it on more than two computers or use them at the same time you will need additional licenses.    

• Lloyd, thank you for the info.
  • Hi I can't seem to find an answer to whether this is GPU accelerated?

I know GPU is a bit of a buzz word right now but I tried the demo at work on a mac and think it looks great. Love the node workflow. My issues arise upping the deformers or particle count which starts to slow down.

I'd like to know if it's GPU because I have invested in a multiple card Nvidia 980ti setup on my PC at home. If I can get anywhere near realtime I'm more inclined to buy as X-particles is sometimes overkill for my needs.

Would appreciate an answer or to know if this is on development roadmap if not. Thanks.

• It's about time for Windows version... 
    Impatiently refreshing the page...
  • It's about time for Windows version... 
    Impatiently refreshing the page...
    Windows version is available now!
  • ummm the trial win installer isn't working here (win 10 latest). On the window "Select components to install" nothing is listed...
    Thank you!
  • ummm the trial win installer isn't working here (win 10 latest). On the window "Select components to install" nothing is listed...
    Thank you!
    I was just about to write a ticket about the same thing.....Windows 8.1 x64 here with Adobe CC 2017. Also tried it on my home computer witch is on Windows 10
    Thank you!
    I was just about to write a ticket about the same thing.....Windows 8.1 x64 here with Adobe CC 2017. Also tried it on my home computer witch is on Windows 10
    Works for us here on Win 10. Might be related to the OS not running in English. We are investigating this now. Standby.

Thank you!

Works for us here on Win 10. Might be related to the OS not running in English. We are investigating this now. Standby.

I live in Serbia but I dont use Windows on serbian language. Always working in English.
  • I live in Serbia but I dont use Windows on serbian language. Always working in English.
    We have ruled out the language issue as well. Please stand-by, we should have a new installer soon. Sorry for the false start.
  • Thanks! The plugin is awesome!

• I installed a trial version to check this out, but it crashes after effects every time I try to start (launch?) your plugin. AE 2015, Win 7 SP1
  • I installed a trial version to check this out, but it crashes after effects every time I try to start (launch?) your plugin. AE 2015, Win 7 SP1

Can you please open a support ticket and include a crash log if possible so we can look into it further: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL

• So powerful and impressive! Definitely in my whistlist.
  • Really impressive! A lot of us have been waiting for something like this for some time.

Though id contribute with some minor issues i have encountered.

With the node system we can actually do branches on lightning! I did encounter an issue though with the auxiliary node. If you set the speed to something high (600 in above screen shot) it tends to start spawning further away from the source. I though it might be the turbulence node, but switching it off still makes the auxiliary particles spawn a small distance away from the source.

Anyway, really excited about this plugin!

• Really impressive! A lot of us have been waiting for something like this for some time.

Though id contribute with some minor issues i have encountered.

Stardust nodes works as follow - a free floating field/turbulence/effect node will affect the entire scene, so that Turbulence node will affect multiple times, both the parent emitter and the Aux systems , this may or may not be the cause for the gap,  try to connect the Turbulence to the parent emitter, you can then assign a  Turbulence Over Life to the Aux emitter (you could also apply the noise in a 3D sphere).

Can you please open a support ticket  so we can look into it further: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
  • I've a question, is there real support for 32bits in the road-map for the plugin? as of right now the values just get cap at 1 when you work in 32bits.
  • Amazing tool! Testing it right now and I have a question. Is it possible to loop OBJ emitter sequence?

Also, will be waiting for collision feature. That's the only thing which stops me to completely forget about Trapcode plugin. Thank you!
  • Amazing tool! Testing it right now and I have a question. Is it possible to loop OBJ emitter sequence?

Also, will be waiting for collision feature. That's the only thing which stops me to completely forget about Trapcode plugin. Thank you!
    There is no OBJ sequence editing for now.  You can open a support ticket for a feature request https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL 

• I am playing for two days with this plugin and in many ways it is awesome. Ability to use more many emiters with different particle types/behavior.... in a single cloud. It is something I have been missing from Particular.

There are lots of stuff I would like to see in here but for first release it completely blew away Particular. Hopefuly in time it will get even more powerfull and advanced.

Some ideas that would make this super great imo:

- Some kind of scripting node or a SDK for other developers to create custom nodes
    - nodes that can read particle data (size, color, age, custom parameters......) which could be use to drive different stuff
    - conditionals nodes
    - caching system which could be used to render the same simulation on different computers
    - any kind of collision systems.. With 3d objects, and with 2d object by maybe using some proxy colliders?
    - node groups for better organization
    - attract/repel force (maybe this can be achieved but havent figured it out)

And is there a plan to release some kind of detailed documentations explaining all the parameters? Learning by trial and error sometimes waste too much time. There are some things that I havent figured out how to control.

Anyway thanx for this great plugin.
  • I am playing for two days with this plugin and in many ways it is awesome. Ability to use more many emiters with different particle types/behavior.... in a single cloud. It is something I have been missing from Particular.

There are lots of stuff I would like to see in here but for first release it completely blew away Particular. Hopefuly in time it will get even more powerfull and advanced.

Some ideas that would make this super great imo:

- Some kind of scripting node or a SDK for other developers to create custom nodes
    - nodes that can read particle data (size, color, age, custom parameters......) which could be use to drive different stuff
    - conditionals nodes
    - caching system which could be used to render the same simulation on different computers
    - any kind of collision systems.. With 3d objects, and with 2d object by maybe using some proxy colliders?
    - node groups for better organization
    - attract/repel force (maybe this can be achieved but havent figured it out)

And is there a plan to release some kind of detailed documentations explaining all the parameters? Learning by trial and error sometimes waste too much time. There are some things that I havent figured out how to control.

Anyway thanx for this great plugin.
    Thanks for your feedback, you can see the documentation on our website : https://www.superluminal.tv/tutorial ;
    There are also hundreds of presets that can be used as starting points, and we are working to produce some more tutorials .
    If you have any question or issue, you can open a support ticket  https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL

I know GPU is a bit of a buzz word right now but I tried the demo at work on a mac and think it looks great. Love the node workflow. My issues arise upping the deformers or particle count which starts to slow down.

I'd like to know if it's GPU because I have invested in a multiple card Nvidia 980ti setup on my PC at home. If I can get anywhere near realtime I'm more inclined to buy as X-particles is sometimes overkill for my needs.

Would appreciate an answer or to know if this is on development roadmap if not. Thanks.

I'm sure it isn't. Else he would have stated it. I have a feeling that Trapcode Particular will be GPU-based in the next large update. 
  • It would be great if someone from Superluminal or someone who knows something would clearly state if this is GPU accelerated or not? Creating non-GPU plugin at this time and place would sound strange as all the companies are pushing forward to GPU acceleration.
  • There are a lot of good things going for Stardust vs. Trapcode. What you can with fields is good example of that. I was hoping to see this plug-in to have the sweetest deal possible on this cyber monday so I could pay for playing with it. As it's excluded theres no sweet deals for me :D Now I'm gonna wait until it's developed to what I expect it can be and pay the full price then. 

For anyone looking for Particular type of setup, I can tell that this is the best you can get. 

Ps. It would be great if you could visually see FIELDS etc positions within the 3D space. Like if you move FIELD or anything else, seeing a 3D BOX that visualises the position/size/roation etc of the object at hand would make things lot easier. 

• There are a lot of good things going for Stardust vs. Trapcode. What you can with fields is good example of that. I was hoping to see this plug-in to have the sweetest deal possible on this cyber monday so I could pay for playing with it. As it's excluded theres no sweet deals for me :D Now I'm gonna wait until it's developed to what I expect it can be and pay the full price then. 

For anyone looking for Particular type of setup, I can tell that this is the best you can get. 

Ps. It would be great if you could visually see FIELDS etc positions within the 3D space. Like if you move FIELD or anything else, seeing a 3D BOX that visualises the position/size/roation etc of the object at hand would make things lot easier. 

Thank you for your interest in Stardust.
    You could open a support ticket for feedback and  feature requests https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL 

• Are there any video tutorials? The manual isn't the easiest to follow for me. 
  • We can we expect tutorials? 
  • i want Adobe aftereffect cs6 ver..  

• "DOF" option not workes. Always ON in plugin.
  • mike axel said:

"DOF" option not workes. Always ON in plugin.

Please open a support ticket and provide screenshots so we can help you further. https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
  • Hello,
    are there any video tutorials for stardust. I would like to use a layer path to emit particles, but I have no luck.
    best
    NIco
  • You can use a Light emitter or link the origin by expression to another layers position.
    Please open a support ticket to get further help.
    Hello,
    are there any video tutorials for stardust. I would like to use a layer path to emit particles, but I have no luck.
    best
    NIco

• You can use a Light emitter or link the origin by expression to another layers position.
    Please open a support ticket to get further help.
    Hello,
    best
    NIco

Hello,
    I would like to create something like this.
    Do you have any advices for me?
    best
    nico
  • Hello,
    I would like to create something like this.
    Do you have any advices for me?
    best
    nico

This is motion along a path(Mask in this example) , a path could be a mask / text or a 3D Spline.
    To see a quick example, please try the following -
    Load a preset -  Text Folder , Dots.
    Open Path Properties and change the Speed along path and add some randomness.
    To have masks instead, please change the source layer to one with Masks.

Please open a support ticket to get further help. 

• Can someone please explain the "Time Remapping" controls in Stardust? I don't quite understand what they are for. Thanks.

I'm sure it isn't. Else he would have stated it. I have a feeling that Trapcode Particular will be GPU-based in the next large update. 
    I think it's OpenCL based cause itrenders superfast and allows smooth value changing while playing...
  • HI ! i have a little question, is STARDUST working fine on 4K projects (or Higher)? 
    thanks!
  • Somehow I have zoomed into my node panel and am stuck like this whenever I re-open this layer.. 
     is it possible to add a zoom and/or reset view button?

• Somehow I have zoomed into my node panel and am stuck like this whenever I re-open this layer.. 
     is it possible to add a zoom and/or reset view button?

Please open a support ticket so we can help you further. https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL

• Hello,  I downloaded the trial version, I would use it on a large format for a mapping work (16000x6000 pixels). but it does not work. why?

Thanks for help

Lorenzo

• Hello,  I downloaded the trial version, I would use it on a large format for a mapping work (16000x6000 pixels). but it does not work. why?

Thanks for help

Lorenzo
    Please open a support ticket so we can help you further. https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL