• Hi, a have a little problem, can you help me please? i recently i bought Autofill plug! 
    but When i try to apply auto fill to the patth, after effects close it. 

Check this out: 

Hi Darwin

Thanks for sending through the screen recording. Could you please open a ticket so we can diagnose the cause? Please send through your AE version, OS version and hardware (specifically GPU model)
  • Hi, Where can I find the presets??
  • Hi, Where can I find the presets??
    Hi Nelson

If you downloaded AutoFill directly from the aescripts website, you can find the presets in <Your AutoFill Download>/Presets/AutoFill Presets CC 2019.aep. If you installed it via the aescripts manager app, you can right click on AutoFill and click "Reveal Installer Files" and you will see Presets -> AutoFill Presets <version>.aep. Initially the presets were going to be .ffx, but they became too complex so we opted for a project file instead. Please let me know if you have any further queries / comments. 
  • Hi there,
    I keep having the same issue over and over again with this plugin. Anytime I update Windows or change anything in Windows it causes Autofill to throw the Invalid Filter error and I can't use it. I'm on a work PC so re-installing the NVIDIA drivers every time (which is the only way I've found so far to fix it) is a hassle because I have to go through my IT department every time as I don't have admin access. Is there another way to get around this issue? 
  • What is the name of the wonderful script/handwriting font that you're using?
  • What is the name of the wonderful script/handwriting font that you're using?
    Hi!
    Here it is.
    https://www.dafont.com/cream-cake.font
    This a font that was used in a main promo image and tutorials.
  • Hi, whenever I apply the plugin to a layer, After Effects crashes. Is this common? and is there a workaround or a way to troubleshoot?
  • Hi, whenever I apply the plugin to a layer, After Effects crashes. Is this common? and is there a workaround or a way to troubleshoot?
    Hi Adrian. Definitely not! Please submit a support ticked and let me know your AE version and GPU model.
  • That timing changes with resolution shift is a serious problem.
  • That timing changes with resolution shift is a serious problem.
    Hi Bradley

Agree it's a real pain. That said, AutoFill is a simulation and the results can vary depending on the resolution it's simulated at. Unfortunately that effects both the timing and the fidelity of the rendered result. Resolution is essentially the quality of simulations. 
  • The strobing/jumping forward & backward in time problem persists in the latest version(s).
  • Great plug in! But unfortunately I get an unwanted strobe flicker every time I apply a speed map. I see someone else had a similar issue below I just installed 1.1.2 and I still have the same issue. I'm on AE 2021 18.00 Running the Apple Big Sur OS. Hopefully this issue gets fixed in the next update. It would be great to be able use this!
  • Great plug in! But unfortunately I get an unwanted strobe flicker every time I apply a speed map. I see someone else had a similar issue below I just installed 1.1.2 and I still have the same issue. I'm on AE 2021 18.00 Running the Apple Big Sur OS. Hopefully this issue gets fixed in the next update. It would be great to be able use this!
    Hi Jonathan

Generally this strobing can be fixed by clicking resimulate to preview all changes. If the strobing persists after hitting resimulate then it's a bug. 

The long story behind that is here: 

If it's still happening after hitting resimulate then could you please open a support ticket so we can try and find a fix.
  • The strobing/jumping forward & backward in time problem persists in the latest version(s).
    Hi Blair

This strobing can be fixed by clicking resimulate to preview all changes. If the strobing persists after hitting resimulate then it's a bug. If that's the case, could you please submit a support ticket so we can investigate. Thanks.
  • I have a problem please help! I added AutoFill to a layer and animated it. After pre-composing the layer it always animates differently. The speed is different than before and everything else, too. Clicking the "Resimulate" Button does not help at all, no matter if I click it on the layer itself or on the pre-composed layer. That's really frustrating and annoying when working on client projects. Can you please help?
  • I have a problem please help! I added AutoFill to a layer and animated it. After pre-composing the layer it always animates differently. The speed is different than before and everything else, too. Clicking the "Resimulate" Button does not help at all, no matter if I click it on the layer itself or on the pre-composed layer. That's really frustrating and annoying when working on client projects. Can you please help?
    Hi Rico
    In AutoFill docs you can find a solution.
    https://plugineverything.notion.site/Animated-AutoFill-parameters-or-AutoFilling-animated-sources-f4ac4e10258947498b26aea20530633c
    I think exactly this page can help you with this issue. 
  • Hi where I can find the AutoFill presets? I've installed the AutoFill through aescript+aeplugins tool and the autofill plugin is ok but can't find the presets.
  • Hi where I can find the AutoFill presets? I've installed the AutoFill through aescript+aeplugins tool and the autofill plugin is ok but can't find the presets.
    Hi Amr

If you downloaded AutoFill directly from the aescripts website, you can find the presets in <Your AutoFill Download>/Presets/AutoFill Presets CC 2019.aep. If you installed it via the aescripts manager app, you can right click on AutoFill and click "Reveal Installer Files" and you will see Presets -> AutoFill Presets <version>.aep. Initially the presets were going to be .ffx, but they became too complex so we opted for a project file instead. Please let me know if you have any further queries / comments. 
  • Hi, I have a porblem. When I import a file from Illustrator (A logotype of 8 letters), when I apply the autofill, it only applies to the first letter. I just bought this for a client's project and it has been very frustrating for me to see it is not working correctly. Any advice?
  • Hi, I have a porblem. When I import a file from Illustrator (A logotype of 8 letters), when I apply the autofill, it only applies to the first letter. I just bought this for a client's project and it has been very frustrating for me to see it is not working correctly. Any advice?
    Hi Fernando

Yes we have a parameter for that called "Border Strength". When set to 100%, the growth will not be able to cross transparent areas. Lowering this setting will allow the fill to cross gaps. It's recommended to set this value low enough to cross the gaps, but high enough to still maintain the effect of growing. You'll notice if border strength is 0%, the filling effect is lost. 

We have this topic covered in our FAQ section if you'd like some more detailed information, or just let me know if you have any further queries. 
  • hello i keep getting this warning (image in the link) about an assertion failure from autofill and i dont know what it means??
    https://imgur.com/09MyHXe
  • Are there any parameters to shapes that be used? I am importing a vector shape in from illustrator. When I apply the effect nothing happens. At most a tiny portion will render and flicker. Yet if I used a simple shape it works.
  • Ster Max said:
    hello i keep getting this warning (image in the link) about an assertion failure from autofill and i dont know what it means??
    https://imgur.com/09MyHXe
    Hi Ster

Thanks for attaching a screenshot. Could you please open a support ticket so we can diagnose further?
  • Are there any parameters to shapes that be used? I am importing a vector shape in from illustrator. When I apply the effect nothing happens. At most a tiny portion will render and flicker. Yet if I used a simple shape it works.
    Hi Louis

All layer types are supported, so this sounds like a bug. Could you please open a support ticket so we can better assist to find a solution?
  • Hey There... I import an illustrator file and after applying the autofill effect, I only get a glitch look.
  • Hey, any good tips for autofill motion blur? i usually turn on the motion blur when i'm finished with my path animation.
    Its kinda weird everything has got motion blur except autofill. Any good setup to achieve a blurred edge effect for autofill? thx
  • Hey There... I import an illustrator file and after applying the autofill effect, I only get a glitch look.
    Hi Keith
    Could you please check you're on the latest version of AutoFill (v1.1.3) as a recent Adobe update didn't play will with AutoFill and caused a glitch diagonal line effect. If you're on the latest version and the issue continues, please open a support ticket. 
  • Hey, any good tips for autofill motion blur? i usually turn on the motion blur when i'm finished with my path animation.
    Its kinda weird everything has got motion blur except autofill. Any good setup to achieve a blurred edge effect for autofill? thx
    Hi Daniel
    I would suggest pre-rendering AutoFill and then applying CC Force motion blur, as having motion blur on AutoFill while simulating could blow out the render times dramatically. 
    Apologies, the latest version is v1.1.2, that should fix the diagonal lines glitch.
  • Hi there,

I'm still having issues with the glitch, I have everything updated and it's still not working.
    Has anyone found a solution?

Thanx
    update.png
    636 x 632 - 235K
    Autofill is skew.png
    1265 x 330 - 57K
  • Hey, I have the latest version v1.1.2, and the the diagonal lines are still glitching? Any solutions for this problem ? 
  • Hello guys, I bought the Autofill plugin like a week ago and I didn't start using it until today. I have a problem with the border strength. It doesn't flow through gaps as expected, it does but only when gaps are really small. I've tried everything for a couple of hours. What can I do?
    Im working on a Mac M1 AE2021.
    Thank you.
    Screenshot 2021-10-13 at 22.13.58.png
    2062 x 1488 - 919K
    Screenshot 2021-10-13 at 22.15.13.png
    2070 x 1560 - 941K
  • Hey, I have the latest version v1.1.2, and the the diagonal lines are still glitching? Any solutions for this problem ? 
    In response to anyone experiencing the diagonal lines glitch, I apologise for the inconvenience and we are currently working on a fix. A temporary workaround is to use AE 2020, as it appears this issue is happening only on AE 2021. 
  • Hello guys, I bought the Autofill plugin like a week ago and I didn't start using it until today. I have a problem with the border strength. It doesn't flow through gaps as expected, it does but only when gaps are really small. I've tried everything for a couple of hours. What can I do?
    Im working on a Mac M1 AE2021.
    Thank you.
    I have responded via ticket, but for anyone else having this issue: under advanced -> radius must be large enough to cross the gaps (along with border strength reduced). 
  • Hi there!
    Adobe released a new version of AE that is much quicker than previous versions. Unfortunately, however, AutoFill has stopped working as it isn't compatible.
    I'd like to make use of the new version because it speeds up my workflow, but I'm unable to work on older files as the plugin isn't loading.
    Any thoughts?
  • Hi there! Will autofill work with Mac OS X Catalania? Would love to purchase and use it but have to go with Catalania, which is problematic with some ae scripts plugins..
  • Hi there!
    Adobe released a new version of AE that is much quicker than previous versions. Unfortunately, however, AutoFill has stopped working as it isn't compatible.
    I'd like to make use of the new version because it speeds up my workflow, but I'm unable to work on older files as the plugin isn't loading.
    Any thoughts?
    Hi Pablo

We just updated AutoFill to work with AE 2022, if you could please update and let me know how it goes. If it's not working, please open a support ticket and let me know if any error messages appear.
  • Hi there! Will autofill work with Mac OS X Catalania? Would love to purchase and use it but have to go with Catalania, which is problematic with some ae scripts plugins..
    Hi Terry

AutoFill is compatible with Catalina. Are you having a specific issue? For installing we recommend using the aescripts manager app

• Working in AE 2022 on Windows 10. When I apply the Autofill effect to AE text, it is only filling up one letter. Any help?
  • Very disappointed in this plugin. Working in AE 2022 on Windows 10 and the effect continues to glitch like crazy and doesn't completely autofill on a .ai file (even after decreasing border strength). Please fix this plugin ASAP.
  • Very disappointed in this plugin. Working in AE 2022 on Windows 10 and the effect continues to glitch like crazy and doesn't completely autofill on a .ai file (even after decreasing border strength). Please fix this plugin ASAP.
    Hi Joseph

Apologies for the inconvenience. Please ensure MFR is turned off as this can cause incorrect results. If the border strength is lowered and it's still not filling multiple letters, you may need to increase the radius which is in the advanced tab. 
  • How or where to get the presets?
  • How or where to get the presets?
    Hi Scott 

• That worked, James (turning off MFR). Thank you. Any plans to update the plugin to support MFR?
  • I'm using AE 18.4.1 and when I try to use the Autofill plugin it crashes.

Just downloaded the latest Autofill plugin (1.1.3) and same result

Any advice???
  • That worked, James (turning off MFR). Thank you. Any plans to update the plugin to support MFR?
    Hi Joseph

We're working on making it compatible but we don't currently have an ETA.
  • I'm using AE 18.4.1 and when I try to use the Autofill plugin it crashes.

Just downloaded the latest Autofill plugin (1.1.3) and same result

Any advice???
    Hi Eugene

Could you please open a support ticket so we can assist? In the meantime, I would suggest trying to open one of the preset projects as that can sometimes "fix" a crash when applying it for the first time. Once open, you should be able to create a new project and apply AutoFill without crashing. 
  • When I move the layer while it is infilling the auto fill goes all funny. does anybody know a way to prevent this?
  • When I move the layer while it is infilling the auto fill goes all funny. does anybody know a way to prevent this?
    Hi Simon

It's best to AutoFill inside a pre comp and then animate that layer's transforms. It is possible to AutoFill a moving layer, there's a caveat that MFR must be turned off. If it's jumping around, try hitting resimulate. If that still doesn't work, please submit a support ticket so we can assist and diagnose the cause. 
  • Love this plugin ! Thank you for created it :)
    Is there a way to make it reverse ? Like in and out animation ?
    Can't find a solution without precomposing and remaping