• hi, im new in this word of graphic design, i already install the plug in but idk how edit the presets, how ca i add my logo and get the effect? do you have a guide or vide where show how edit? thks.
  • and how can i turn off the mfr, sorry but i cant find nothing online.
  • When I drop the effect on any layer whatsoever it doesn't animate and no matter how much I manipulate it, it just won't animate in any way. Just shows the transparent logo and then a small dot representing the starting point (but then nothing happens, even if I increase the size of the brush) 
  • Love this plugin ! Thank you for created it :)
    Is there a way to make it reverse ? Like in and out animation ?
    Can't find a solution without precomposing and remaping
    Hi Jeoffroy

Yes under compositing you can tick invert and it will subtract.
  • and how can i turn off the mfr, sorry but i cant find nothing online.
    Hi Mario

After Effects -> Preferences -> Memory & Performance -> Enable MFR (only available in AE 2022)
  • When I drop the effect on any layer whatsoever it doesn't animate and no matter how much I manipulate it, it just won't animate in any way. Just shows the transparent logo and then a small dot representing the starting point (but then nothing happens, even if I increase the size of the brush) 
    Hi Alex

Have responded to your ticket. 
  • Hi, in After Effects Autofill works perfect, but when I render composition, parts with autofill doesnt show and work in rendered file
  • Hi, in After Effects Autofill works perfect, but when I render composition, parts with autofill doesnt show and work in rendered file
    Hi Maris
    I have responded to you via ticket.
    Hi Alex

What is the response? Same problem.
  • sam white said:
    When I drop the effect on any layer whatsoever it doesn't animate and no matter how much I manipulate it, it just won't animate in any way. Just shows the transparent logo and then a small dot representing the starting point (but then nothing happens, even if I increase the size of the brush) 
    Hi Alex

What is the response? Same problem.
    Hi Sam

• Hi James, when I activated the license for render-only, the objects with Autofill effects in preview began to glitch? When I deactivated it, it turned back to be normal. Thanks
  • Continuing to run into issue where if a layer or precomp is using Levels or Black/White color correction effects, the speed map freaks out. Any solutions?
  • Hi, Darvin.I don't exactly know if you solved your problem. I can suggest you to watch this video AutoFill - Solving Common Issues with External Layers - After Effects Plugin  When I have such problem working in Sloboda Studio , it helps us a lot. Hope, it will!
  • Hi James, when I activated the license for render-only, the objects with Autofill effects in preview began to glitch? When I deactivated it, it turned back to be normal. Thanks
    Hi Shih

If you experience any glitches I would ensure 2 things: MFR is disabled and press resimulate to preview the changes. If any glitches still occur, please open a support ticket so we can diagnose the cause. 
  • Continuing to run into issue where if a layer or precomp is using Levels or Black/White color correction effects, the speed map freaks out. Any solutions?
    Hi Grant
    I tried to replicate this issue by adding levels and black & white to the speed map but didn't experience any issues. Could you please open a support ticket so we can get to the bottom of this?
  • I have and error happening when exporting I am getting the demo version "X" on my exports but no visible on my previews. Running AE 22.0.1

Any ideas why this is happening? it only happens when exporting from Media encoder?
  • Hi James, I have a problem for which I couldn't find an answer in your videos.
    When exporting my Autofill animation comes out slower than on my timeline in Ae.
    On my timeline it takes 55 frames to complete the Autofill in point mode on a continuous rasterized vector layer but when exporting these 55 frames the Autofill animation is on two thirds completed.
    Please advice, thank you!
  • I have and error happening when exporting I am getting the demo version "X" on my exports but no visible on my previews. Running AE 22.0.1

Any ideas why this is happening? it only happens when exporting from Media encoder?
    Hi Clare

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. For troubleshooting watermark problems, please ensure the following:

If the disk cache was enabled whilst the plugin was running in trial mode, purge the entire disk cache (Edit -> Purge All Media & Disk Cache) to ensure there aren't any cached watermark frames. 

If you are rendering via Adobe Media Encoder, that the plugin has been installed and registered inside AE before AME has been opened. This should only be an issue once on the plugin install and then AME will be in sync with AE.

We recommend using the aescripts manager app which will automate installation and registration. It can also be used to activate/deactivate/reactivate all licenses. 
  • Hi James, I have a problem for which I couldn't find an answer in your videos.
    When exporting my Autofill animation comes out slower than on my timeline in Ae.
    On my timeline it takes 55 frames to complete the Autofill in point mode on a continuous rasterized vector layer but when exporting these 55 frames the Autofill animation is on two thirds completed.
    Please advice, thank you!
    Hi Yuri

Have responded to your ticket but will just post this here in case anyone else has the same issue:

AutoFill is a simulation and the results can vary depending on the resolution it's simulated at, unfortunately that effects both the timing and the fidelity of the rendered result. The resolution is essentially the quality in this case. 

Something that can exacerbate this discrepancy is the speed map, turning that off could mean the different resolution simulations match closer (timing wise), but with that said, the speed map can make the final result look much smoother so it's up to you. 
  • Hi James,
    Please can you make an update for the M1pro and after effect 2022 and optimize it for multi frame  rendering Thank you very much :)
  • "AutoFill is a simulation and the results can vary depending on the resolution it's simulated at,"

This is nuts!!!!!

The only way to know what we have is to render the effect and import into our composition to know exactly what we have.
    In my case I need to render out 800 frames each time with different speeds to see if I could get what I wanted.

Why do we have a timeline in after effects?
    It's not to render simulations of clips and effects that are in the timeline,

Please, put a check box as an option, to force the plug-in to render the real output effect.
    It will take time to render, but sure enough we will know what we are editing.

thanks
    silvia
  • "AutoFill is a simulation and the results can vary depending on the resolution it's simulated at,"

This is nuts!!!!!

The only way to know what we have is to render the effect and import into our composition to know exactly what we have.
    In my case I need to render out 800 frames each time with different speeds to see if I could get what I wanted.

Why do we have a timeline in after effects?
    It's not to render simulations of clips and effects that are in the timeline,

Please, put a check box as an option, to force the plug-in to render the real output effect.
    It will take time to render, but sure enough we will know what we are editing.

thanks
    silvia
    Hi Silvia

Thanks for your comment. The line "AF is a simulation and results vary depending on resolution" was mostly aimed at those who (like me) preview everything in AE using the adaptive resolution feature (at half or quarter) to save time, and then render at full res for delivery. When doing this, the timing is not 100% accurate. Therefore if they want a 100% accurate result, adaptive res should not be used. 

Were you thinking that it meant you need to export the effect each time, import the .mov to know the result? This is not the case, you can still preview in AE you should just do it without adaptive res if you want the timing to be exact.
  • Hi i did turn off adaptive resolution and changed to Off Final Quality, but my preview is still not showing the accurate full quality result with lower quality preview options.
    Its not accurate and i cannot animate my stuff on full cause its very slow. what can i do? thx
  • Hi, I'm using the trial version to evaluate if this is useful to me. I'm getting a glitchy reveal using the noise method in the effect - areas of the image flash. 
  • Hi, I'm using the trial version to evaluate if this is useful to me. I'm getting a glitchy reveal using the noise method in the effect - areas of the image flash. 
    Hi Nick

Just confirming you are hitting resimulate, MFR is turned off and the result is still flashing? If so, could you please submit a support ticket so we can resolve the issue?
  • Hi i did turn off adaptive resolution and changed to Off Final Quality, but my preview is still not showing the accurate full quality result with lower quality preview options.
    Its not accurate and i cannot animate my stuff on full cause its very slow. what can i do? thx
    Hi Daniel
    To make sure I understand you correctly, even when you preview your composition at full res the result is not the same as when you hit render?
  • Hey James,

No real issues here, love the tool thanks. Just curious if there is a way to have the fill have a hard edge as it does. No matter what I try to do it seems to a bit of a bump. For example the letter S. The client is looking for it to draw from the the head of the S as your writing it. I think it looks fantastic as is (feels organic) but its not for them. Been trying to use linear wipes and alpha layers, even manually masked and just not nailing the fluid motion autofill has.

Any suggestions/advice or possible feature add to choose between bump or hard edge?

Thanks
    - Sam
    Hi Nick

Just confirming you are hitting resimulate, MFR is turned off and the result is still flashing? If so, could you please submit a support ticket so we can resolve the issue?
    Yeah that solved it. MFR was turned off, but resimulating worked.
  • Hi, what fonts are u using? in https://i.ibb.co/drzCCY4/Your-Logo.png upper and lower
  • Hi

I'm having a weird issue with Autofill. When I add it to my later it is giving a skewed fill result. Please see attached screenshot.

I am on a Mac running Mojave and using AE 18.2.1. The comp is empty othe than the input layer and the effect. I had it working in essentially the same way last week without any issues.

Any ideas what's causing this?
    Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 12.40.20.png
    1566 x 816 - 612K
  • Hi

I'm having a weird issue with Autofill. When I add it to my later it is giving a skewed fill result. Please see attached screenshot.

I am on a Mac running Mojave and using AE 18.2.1. The comp is empty othe than the input layer and the effect. I had it working in essentially the same way last week without any issues.

Any ideas what's causing this?
    Hi Jesse

Have replied to your support ticket. 
  • Hi James,

I'm having the same problem as a few folk below. Autofill was working fine for a long time and now it just distorts the result. I've not been able to use Autofill since this has been happening. Is it a bug or is it not compatible with the latest version of AE? I'm running the most recent versions of both Autofill and AE. Thanks.
  • I'm trying to use the simpler 3 color presets on a logo with serif fonts and I'm getting a ton of jittering. Is there  setting to fix that? I tried uploading a small movie to show it but it is not allowed.

• I'm trying to use the simpler 3 color presets on a logo with serif fonts and I'm getting a ton of jittering. Is there  setting to fix that? I tried uploading a small movie to show it but it is not allowed.

I was having the same issue i hit "resimulate" and it solved it
  • Here is a file showing that jitter
    I'm trying to use the simpler 3 color presets on a logo with serif fonts and I'm getting a ton of jittering. Is there  setting to fix that? I tried uploading a small movie to show it but it is not allowed.

Hi

just tried that. Still flickering and stuttering

Dave
  • Any suggestions/advice or possible feature add to choose between bump or hard edge?
    Just want to give Sam's question a "bump" as I have the same issue. I'm looking to have a hard/straight edge to my fills rather than the circle/bump that seems to be the default in AutoFill. The project I'm working on is all about straight lines and angles and the rounded fill edges look very out of place.
  • Hello, Before I buy, can you tell me if this is vector based or pixel based. I want to use it within Lottie file animation but it needs to have a route mechanic that is vector based / shape layer based.?
    Thanks
  • Is it going to be updated for MFR?
  • Great plugin!
    Hope they update it to work with ARM native AE 22.4 (currently in Beta)
    Keeping my fingers crossed they update soon
  • hi having some trouble I am not seeing the autofill after rendering it is psd layer imported into after effects 

• Hello, Before I buy, can you tell me if this is vector based or pixel based. I want to use it within Lottie file animation but it needs to have a route mechanic that is vector based / shape layer based.?
    Thanks
    Hi Richard

AutoFill is pixel based and will output a rasterised result which is not compatible with Lottie.
  • Is it going to be updated for MFR?
    Hi Petr

Currently we do not have an ETA for MFR compatibility I'm sorry.
  • hi having some trouble I am not seeing the autofill after rendering it is psd layer imported into after effects 

Hi Terence

Are you having an issue seeing a result inside AE, or is it when you go to render? If you could please open a support ticket we will do our best to resolve your issue.
  • Hi. I'm using autofill as a try on my ae cs6. I have an issue with big png images. If I exceeded 5700px (for example 5800px on longer side of png)  Autofill stop working correctly - it doesn't grow. If there is png 5700px in size, autofill is working correctly. Is there any quick fix for this ?
  • Hi. I'm using autofill as a try on my ae cs6. I have an issue with big png images. If I exceeded 5700px (for example 5800px on longer side of png)  Autofill stop working correctly - it doesn't grow. If there is png 5700px in size, autofill is working correctly. Is there any quick fix for this ?
    Hi Lech

Which bit depth are you working at? If you're @ 32bpc I'd try 8bpc and see if that works. Otherwise it may be a GPU limit. If you have another computer to test it on with a larger GPU that may help.
  • Hi, I've been having problems exporting to Media Encoder when using Autofill, ME refuses to load the project. If I update my After Effects to the latest version, loading the project with Autofill included will crash the program. I'm having to use 2.2.0.1. Are there known issues with this?
  • Hi, I've been having problems exporting to Media Encoder when using Autofill, ME refuses to load the project. If I update my After Effects to the latest version, loading the project with Autofill included will crash the program. I'm having to use 2.2.0.1. Are there known issues with this?
    Hi Nick

Sorry about that. Could you please open a support ticket including all your system specs so we can try and find a solution?
    I'm trying to use the simpler 3 color presets on a logo with serif fonts and I'm getting a ton of jittering. Is there  setting to fix that? I tried uploading a small movie to show it but it is not allowed.

Hi

Dave
    I solved in this way, but not perfectly :
    AE2022 | Autofill v1.1
    1.Turn off Multiframe Render
    2.Press Resimulate for every Autofill effect.

Plus: I don't know whether this effect would require a very strict framework on how to build the Autofill project district, here are some of my not completely proved solutions to Venetian blinds prob and Flickering:  
    (Assume: AFlayer = the layer/layers you needed to be Autofilled, could be anything lay in Timeline Panel)
    1.Better make sure your AFlayer is in a Comp, which should be attached with One Unique Effect that should be Autofill.
    2.Avoid too comlicated transform or any effect that changes the primary render of your layer.

Hi

Dave
    I solved in this way, but not perfectly :
    AE2022 | Autofill v1.1
    1.Turn off Multiframe Render
    2.Press Resimulate for every Autofill effect.

Plus: I don't know whether this effect would require a very strict framework on how to build the Autofill project district, here are some of my not completely proved solutions to Venetian blinds prob and Flickering:  
    (Assume: AFlayer = the layer/layers you needed to be Autofilled, could be anything lay in Timeline Panel)
    1.Better make sure your AFlayer is in a Comp, which should be attached with One Unique Effect that should be Autofill.
    2.Avoid too comlicated transform or any effect that changes the primary render of your layer.

Hi Jolene

That's right, if you have certain transforms on the layer that is AutoFilled it's better to apply the AutoFill to a pre comp of the transformed animation and make sure collapse forms is not on. MFR should always be turned off and you should use resimulate to preview changes.
  • Does the plug not work with mac m1?