• Does it work on AE 2023?
    Hi Librado
    Yes AutoFill is compatible with AE 2023
  • Hello,

You can get rid of the small artifacts that appear when the text reveals on screen. In your Layers Panel (Not Effects Panel), go to the AutoFill effect for your layer, scroll down until you find the "Compositing options" and change the Effect opacity from 100 to 99.99. It gets rid of the artifacts. I hope this helps others.  The effect can still glitch but at least the artifacts go away.
    Hi Brian
    Thanks for this workaround. We have addressed the artefacts in the current release v1.1.6.
  • Love Autofill. Has been super handy for graphics, however it is currently not working for since I did the update to v1.1.6.  Please advise.
  • Love Autofill. Has been super handy for graphics, however it is currently not working for since I did the update to v1.1.6.  Please advise.
    Hi Emily

Could you please let me know specifically what the issue you're experiencing is? The plugin isn't appearing in AE or it is, but it's not filling as expected? The best way to get prompt support is via support ticket

• Im having serious issue with Autofill. I tried to use it in 4 layers with different colours but apparently Autofill is having perfomance issues. When I play the preview, it works ,but when I render, part of the shape doesnt get filled by the effect. "Happ Holiday" instead of "Happy Holiday". 

I tried resimulate... precompose and nothing works.. 
    I thought the plugin was to make our life easier but for some reason I'm starting to realize that I could do it with Stroke effect way faster than using Autofill and trying everywhere to fix the issues.. 

it's so annoying. 

I'm using After effects 2022 with Media Encoder. 
    Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 9.41.29 PM.png
    2334 x 688 - 2M
    Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 9.41.36 PM.png
    2334 x 688 - 2M
    Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 9.41.09 PM.png
    2334 x 688 - 2M
  • Im having serious issue with Autofill. I tried to use it in 4 layers with different colours but apparently Autofill is having perfomance issues. When I play the preview, it works ,but when I render, part of the shape doesnt get filled by the effect. "Happ Holiday" instead of "Happy Holiday". 

I tried resimulate... precompose and nothing works.. 
    I thought the plugin was to make our life easier but for some reason I'm starting to realize that I could do it with Stroke effect way faster than using Autofill and trying everywhere to fix the issues.. 

it's so annoying. 

I'm using After effects 2022 with Media Encoder. 
    Hi Jorge

Apologies for this inconvenience. Without knowing your exact setup, I would suggest these:
    1) disable MFR if it's enabled
    2) purge then disable the media cache if it's enabled

Please get in contact via support ticket if the above don't fix your issue, as we check those every day.
  • This is a great plugin that I have been using often, but it unfortunately is so incredibly slow and lacks some features that would make it great.

The first and obvious one is MFR. When this used to create high resolution animations like 4K+, it is too slow. It utilizes 100% of my GPU at all times so when I open the project, everything slows down. I have a 3080 in a PC and use it on an M1 Ultra and both are insanely slow. And there's no point in using half or third resolutions because the effect makes part of the image disappear when you're in those modes so it has to be set to full to see what you are even animating.

Second, it would be great to be able to bake the animations into keyframes. I'm unsure if this is even possible, but it would be handy like FoxReveal.

Third, I run into issues with very thin lines and stuttering in the animations. I have tried clearing media cache and resimulating but it usually takes a lot of messing around with random settings to get it to work. 

It's a really handy plugin that is simple enough to use and gives you enough control over your animations, but it's just SO slow that it's hard to justify using often when other effects and plugins work much faster.
  • heya, I just want to reiterate the post from Silas below, I've having exactly the same problems. AE 2022, intel iMac with a ton of RAM and a GPU.

I'm pulling out your plugin after a year or so because it's suited perfectly to the task I need to do, but honestly I've now spent 2 hours trouble shooting it and I could have hand animated my reveals in this timeframe....

it honestly makes me more wary of buying ANYTHING from AEscripts despite being a long time customer because if I can't rely on this stuff working when I need it, I don't want to try and build workflows around it.
  • Hi there. I just want to ask, why can't we bind points of control ToComp or something like this to prevent moving points away from layer, when i move this? If plugin works only by static picture, it's not so usefull.
  • Hi there. I just want to ask, why can't we bind points of control ToComp or something like this to prevent moving points away from layer, when i move this? If plugin works only by static picture, it's not so usefull.
    Hi Dartr

Yes you can using some expressions. For text or shapes it would be something like this:
    let {
    left: textLeft,
    top: rectTop,
    width: textWidth,
    height: rectHeight,
    } = sourceRectAtTime(time, true);

var coord = [textLeft, rectTop];
    var pos = thisLayer.position;
    var scaleF = thisLayer.scale * 0.01;
    var anchorX = anchorPoint[0] * scale * 0.01;
    var anchorY = anchorPoint[1] * scale * 0.01;
    var anchor = [anchorX[0],anchorY[1]];

coord[0] *= scaleF[0];
    coord[1] *= scaleF[1];
    coord += pos;
    coord -= anchor;
    coord;

Alternatively, you can grow by external layer and parent the growth layer to your moving picture so that it follows it.
  • Hi, I  bought Autofill not so long ago but
    now that I am trying to test it I cannot 
    seem to use it. See below.

Error messages when adding the plugin 
    to a simple text layer:

First:
    After effects error: 
    Couldn't find main entry point for Autofill.plugin ( 48 :: 72 )

Second (after trying to use the plugin again):
    After effects error: 
    invalid filter ( 25 :: 3 )

Purged all memory and disk cache etc.
    The app does not have the multi frame rendering portion of the preference pane
    as seen in older versions of AE.

Spec:
    AE CC 2020 
    macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    3,46 ghz 6-core Intel Xeon
    Radeon RX 560 4096 MB
  • Hello,
    I bought the single user licence and i have two question :
    The first : in the window Autofill in after effects there is always a yellow triangle. What is the problem ?
    The second : i don't find the folder or how install the preset of Autofill.
    Could you answer me, please.
    Thanks
  • Hello,
    I bought the single user licence and i have two question :
    The first : in the window Autofill in after effects there is always a yellow triangle. What is the problem ?
    The second : i don't find the folder or how install the preset of Autofill.
    Could you answer me, please.
    Thanks
    Hi JB

The yellow triangle indicates that it is not compatible with MFR, so please turn that off in the preferences for it to work correctly (Preferences -> Memory & Performance)

If you downloaded AutoFill directly from the aescripts website, you can find the presets in <Your AutoFill Download>/Presets/AutoFill Presets CC 2019.aep.

If you installed it via the aescripts manager app, you can right click on AutoFill and click "Reveal Installer Files" and you will see Presets -> AutoFill Presets <version>.aep.

You can find more information on our wiki page to questions like this and more: https://www.notion.so/plugineverything/AutoFill-Wiki-059c28a3a775446e9d54e70a9296f3bc#26b92a936e6848dca0e76f9e47e9b0cb
  • Every time I want to use the script for some plant growing animation I find it buggy, not doing what is suppose to do an simply painfull. I thought maybe with new M2Max processor wiill be better -  no difference, still unusable. It's quite pricey for being unusable.
    Hi Robert

If you are experiencing any render glitches, please ensure both MFR & Disk cache is disabled, then resimulate using the button inside the plugin. If you still have issues, please open a support ticket. 
  • Hello! it fully works on version AE 18.4.0 (mac os Catalina)?
  • Hello. Does this come with a "zxp" file? It is recommended to use the zxp manager for future updates in the manual but I only find a .plugin file in the download package. I am a Mac user BTW. Thanks in advance!
  • Hello! it fully works on version AE 18.4.0 (mac os Catalina)?
    Hi Andry, yes it does. You're welcome to download the free trial which is fully functional just with a watermark to see how it works on your system.
  • Hello. Does this come with a "zxp" file? It is recommended to use the zxp manager for future updates in the manual but I only find a .plugin file in the download package. I am a Mac user BTW. Thanks in advance!
    Hi Kensuke

The download contains a .plugin for Mac and .aex for windows, we recommend using the aescripts manager app to automate installation
  • Hello, what’s the difference between single use license and render only license?
  • Eli Ling said:
    Hello, what’s the difference between single use license and render only license?
    Hi Eli
    The render only license cannot be used in the AE UI, it will only render via the command-line. For most artists a single use license will be what they are after:
  • cool plugin!
    i am a bit unhappy with the switching to single CPU usage... and the need to re-render it... after i re-rendered it .. and still have the hint in the final render... please fix or tell me what i do wrong!
    like this current state, i will hesitate to use it in a commercial project, because this makes it unreliable... 
  • does autofill not work in 2023?
  • cool plugin!
    i am a bit unhappy with the switching to single CPU usage... and the need to re-render it... after i re-rendered it .. and still have the hint in the final render... please fix or tell me what i do wrong!
    like this current state, i will hesitate to use it in a commercial project, because this makes it unreliable... 
    Hi Stefan

It will still use multiple CPU cores, it just can't ultilise them as much as MFR. The plugin is doing most of the processing on the GPU which is already parallelised. We are currently working on performance improvements and MFR support. 

When you say you still have the hint in the final render, could you please let me know what you mean by this? Is it the "preview input" checkbox?
  • does autofill not work in 2023?
    Hi Babe

It works in AE 2023, the only consideration is that MFR must be switched off. 
  • I'm having an issue with the presets. Everytime I put a new png image with my logo and try to see how it looks in a preset it doesn't render but if i make the default "Your Logo" layer visible it renders both the default image and my logo with it. Can someone help me with this ?
  • Hi, I've been playing with this plugin at my job and I love it. I'm considering buying a license for personal use at home. However, I have encountered a strange error while adding effects to it, and I am unsure how to solve it.

When previewing a composition with just my text and the autofill effect in Full, everything works fine. But when I place that composition inside another one to add more effects, I get artifacts or glitches at the beginning of the effect when trying to preview in Full. However, when I preview in Half, it works fine. I have also tried rendering in Full, but the final version still has the glitch.

Do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

• Yuri Lobo said:

Hi, I've been playing with this plugin at my job and I love it. I'm considering buying a license for personal use at home. However, I have encountered a strange error while adding effects to it, and I am unsure how to solve it.

When previewing a composition with just my text and the autofill effect in Full, everything works fine. But when I place that composition inside another one to add more effects, I get artifacts or glitches at the beginning of the effect when trying to preview in Full. However, when I preview in Half, it works fine. I have also tried rendering in Full, but the final version still has the glitch.

if you need assistance, please open a Support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1647
  • I'm having an issue with the presets. Everytime I put a new png image with my logo and try to see how it looks in a preset it doesn't render but if i make the default "Your Logo" layer visible it renders both the default image and my logo with it. Can someone help me with this ?
    Hi Nelson

Please ensure that the growth origin is over an opaque area of your logo when you replace it, otherwise no growth will occur. If you still have issues, please see our documentation (especially the FAQ) and you can also submit a support ticket for personalised support. 

• Yuri Lobo said:

Hi, I've been playing with this plugin at my job and I love it. I'm considering buying a license for personal use at home. However, I have encountered a strange error while adding effects to it, and I am unsure how to solve it.

Hi Yuri

Could you please submit a support ticket so we can try to resolve the glitches you're experiencing?
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Will the output of this plugin work with Body Movin for vector masking animation?
  • Will the output of this plugin work with Body Movin for vector masking animation?
    Hi Michael

The plugin outputs pixels on-demand so it's not possible to convert to vector / shapes for bodymovin :( 
  • Very glitchy and absolutely now working well plugin, i soooo disappointed for buying this stuff. EVERY time i trying to use this "plugin" i am wasting my time, cause everuthing not working well. Right now i got 12 comps whith png titles in it, and when i try to change or resimulate other comps, it open first one and make changes there. I really hate this instrument after years of incompetent working
  • Simply does not work. The first time I needed it, it just doesn't work at all. 

I should have reviewed a tutorial first. Then I would have understood that this plugin doesn't simply work... you have to add at least two other FX to get it to work with a bitmap.

But then, it fails. All it does is animate random color lines across the layer it is used on.

Regret buying this plugin. What a shame.
  • I haven't opened the Plugin for two years now. It used to work ok but with AE23 and really simply doesnt work anymore. It simply doesn't animate just flickers. I tried ai and png files. Also with MFR turned off. Very frustrating since I relied on this plugin when I agrees a certain style with the client... Now I have to research another technique
  • When can we expect this plugin to be properly updated and optimized? Reading the comments below, I am afraid to buy this plugin since so many users are reporting serious issues.
  • I wanted to finally buy this plug in but seeing the comments here it is not working in the latests versions of AE. Which version would be the optimal to use this plug in? is there any plan to update the plug in so it works?
  • Hello there. Have been using Autofill 1 for some time now without issues, but it has suddenly started crashing AFX as soon as it's applied in a comp. Not sure why, Any advise? 

Using Afx 23.5.0 on 
    Monterey v12.5 
    Autofill v1.16