• WHERE IS THE PRODUCT ID NUMBER
  • WHERE IS THE PRODUCT ID NUMBER

Please review our License Code FAQ to solve most licensing issues: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/license-code-faq/

If you still need assistance, please open a support ticket and include screenshots so we are best able to assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/

• I really see no use for a plugin like this but to make a mess. and I would never pay money for this to make a mess for me. I can do that on my own haha
  • Which preset do i need to use in order to replicate an effect like this? 
    I've tried a few presets but none of them look like this 

it's called the "bloom effect" 
  • When i used depth map datamosh2 die on exporExtraMVs. Like1.26 days question. 55%
  • took over a week and a lot of troubleshooting to get it to finally work, but it is finally working and it is amazing, highly recommend to anyone consdierign whether or not to buy. I do have one question that I would love a dev to see as I think it is pretty crucial to how the app works..

Why is the default for the remove frames preset to create yellow pixels to fill in negative space?
    Several cuts in which the subject is moving his hand or arm away from his body it fills in the empty space with bright yellow pixels which are attention grabbing and distract from/arguably ruin the beauty of the transition. Typically the software duplicates or mirrors pixels to fill in negative space when the frame is changed, but for some reason when something in the middle of the frame moves outwards it only fills this space with yellow? is that a bug that could be fixed?

most importantly:
    It would be super helpful if you could upload a youtube video that shows all the different presets with the same footage and demonstrate what the intensity, acceleration, etc. change for each effect. Without a super computer it would take hours to test each one of the presets yourself, and using a mosh map takes multiple hours for each render so guess and check is a horrible process. I am sure others are having this problem as well.
    Hey Romy! Thanks for sticking with us as we figure out the issues. Could you open up a support ticket regarding the yellow pixels? 

Additionally, we are working on a comprehensive demo library of all the effects.

- Danny
  • I was able to install Datamosh 2 into after effects but when I click on Datamosh it says "One or more of the external executables does not exist in this current path...go to tutorial and download the external files" When I click on tutorial it does not do anything. Ive already reinstalled a couple times. Please help!?
    Hey Donald, Please check out one of these 2 videos.

Win - 

Mac - 
  • screenshot showing what i was talking about in the previous comment 
    Can you open up a support ticket? We will get it sorted out quickly!

- Danny
  • Hi there, have a question for anyone who can answer. 

I basically want to create some trippy crossfade-esque transitions using a datamosh technique. Wondering how easy this is - where one clip gets moshed by the next, but then eventually seamlessly fades into that new clip without any moshed pixels. 
    Very easy to do with our remove frames effect! Check out the tutorial for how to quickly accomplish this.
  • I really see no use for a plugin like this but to make a mess. and I would never pay money for this to make a mess for me. I can do that on my own haha
    Some users love the intense effect :)
  • Which preset do i need to use in order to replicate an effect like this? 
    I've tried a few presets but none of them look like this 

it's called the "bloom effect" 
    Try using the "Multiply" effect set at 25 intensity with hold frames enabled.
  • When i used depth map datamosh2 die on exporExtraMVs. Like1.26 days question. 55%
    Can you open up a support ticket with us?

- Danny
  • Hi, I just bought it and I can't do anything, It says "The selected template doesn't exist. Please select a different output template in the datamosh2 settings before moshing again. Occured at mosh phase rendertemp."

I downloaded external executable. 

Help me plz
  • Leo Malle said:
    Hi, I just bought it and I can't do anything, It says "The selected template doesn't exist. Please select a different output template in the datamosh2 settings before moshing again. Occured at mosh phase rendertemp."

Help me plz
    Hey Leo, Sorry that you are having some troubles! Could you please try moshing first and then go into the Datamosh 2 setting tab and select a different output template from the dropdown?

- Danny
  • Leo Malle said:
    Hi, I just bought it and I can't do anything, It says "The selected template doesn't exist. Please select a different output template in the datamosh2 settings before moshing again. Occured at mosh phase rendertemp."

Help me plz
    Hey Leo, Sorry that you are having some troubles! Could you please try moshing first and then go into the Datamosh 2 setting tab and select a different output template from the dropdown?

- Danny
    Hi, Same issue here... I tried moshing with and without module and then select an other template but it doesn't work ...
  • Hello ! Same issue for me !
  • Hi, I am also getting the same issue and selecting a different template isn't working.

It is also doing it in other projects too.

Why wont this plugin work?
    It worked a day ago!

Second Edit: I just tried install the files manually using the tutorial and I still get the same issue as before.
    It states

"Something Went wrong with moshing the video. Check the log. Occurred at Mosh Phase, MoshTemp"

Third Edit: Updating Ae Script Manager and re-installing the plugin didn't work.

• "Something Went wrong with moshing the video. Check the log. Occurred at Mosh Phase, MoshTemp"
  • I like it for certain things, but I still can't get the same feel as the og Datamosh #1, I always find myself turning to the first one. I own them both and love them, thanks for your hard work on putting these plugins out.
  • SOmething went wrong with generating the glitch doc.
  • I bought it today. It shows up in extension manager in after effects but will not launch. 
  • I need datamosh for a program I'm working on. It tells me I need to manually reinstall ffmpeg and ffglitch myself however i cannot due to the ffglitch website being down for a while now. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. On Mac
  • Just bought for $49.99 as it told me It has 60+ amazing moshing algorithims. Turns out I cannot use anything other than the first 2 because I need to 'upgrade'. Absolutely fcken ridiculous, complete rip off. Amazing program but just so gutting that you lie to your customers and sell them a fake dream and then charge to use LITERALLY ANY OF THE FEATURES.
  • Hi, I can't seem to be able to launch the window in Extensions>Datamosh2, tried reinstalling twice, and tried AE 22 and 23, nothing shows up. I'm trying to test the trial before getting a bundle. 
    Is there a bug at the moment?
  • Se la said:
    Hi, I can't seem to be able to launch the window in Extensions>Datamosh2, tried reinstalling twice, and tried AE 22 and 23, nothing shows up. I'm trying to test the trial before getting a bundle. 
    Hey there! Please follow the directions in this article. Thanks!

https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/zxp-cep-extension-won-t-open/
  • Just bought for $49.99 as it told me It has 60+ amazing moshing algorithims. Turns out I cannot use anything other than the first 2 because I need to 'upgrade'. Absolutely fcken ridiculous, complete rip off. Amazing program but just so gutting that you lie to your customers and sell them a fake dream and then charge to use LITERALLY ANY OF THE FEATURES.
    Hey Tristan! Glad that we were able to get your issues solved in the support ticket!
  • I need datamosh for a program I'm working on. It tells me I need to manually reinstall ffmpeg and ffglitch myself however i cannot due to the ffglitch website being down for a while now. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. On Mac
    Here is the alternative Drive link!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pkKGwgj7_504S8LzpxdD17V4iygy_etu?usp=sharing
  • Se la said:
    Hi, I can't seem to be able to launch the window in Extensions>Datamosh2, tried reinstalling twice, and tried AE 22 and 23, nothing shows up. I'm trying to test the trial before getting a bundle. 

https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/zxp-cep-extension-won-t-open/
    Thanks! Working fine now!
  • How do you open up datamosh 2? I have install it through the manager but I don't see it anywhere. 

• Mike Wong said:
    How do you open up datamosh 2? I have install it through the manager but I don't see it anywhere. 

• I tried to Datamosh but it says "Error - the selected template doesn't exist" what ever template I choose, I get the same message. I downloaded and installed the extensions manually and opened them in the text edit so I could allow them in the security settings.

What am I missing here?
  • Okay, so I managed to guess that there is some sort of file with the presets referencing values that My Datamosh App cannot find. 

So I found a file in the unzipped Datamosh xzp file called: main.361664793fcf3966f0d83358490d58c5d42d5c173.js. And inside if I search for the presets names, I get hits. So I guess this file needs to somewhere inside my library folders? Just not sure where... 
  • Am I missing something or is there basically no documentation to be found besides basically a quickstart tutorial?
  • Okay, so I managed to guess that there is some sort of file with the presets referencing values that My Datamosh App cannot find. 

So I found a file in the unzipped Datamosh xzp file called: main.361664793fcf3966f0d83358490d58c5d42d5c173.js. And inside if I search for the presets names, I get hits. So I guess this file needs to somewhere inside my library folders? Just not sure where... 
    Hey Jonas, this error message that you are getting does not have to do with the actual presets of Datamosh. It is referencing the different output templates that AE uses to render files in the Render Queue. When Datamosh 2 says that the default template does not exists, it is saying that the default rendering template used by After Effects to render items in the render queue does not exist. 
  • Am I missing something or is there basically no documentation to be found besides basically a quickstart tutorial?
    Hey Florent, please let me know what more information you are looking for. We have 2 different comprehensive tutorials that covers everything you need to know about Datamosh 2.

- Danny
  • I know this had to be asked a million times, but I can't find the answer in the comments. Basically, I get the ffmpeg error (saying it doesn't exist) but I do have ffmpeg, because other software I use requires it. So my question is where is Data Mosh 2 looking when using ffmpeg? Does it need to be in the data mosh root folder? I do have ffmpeg in both my system and user PATHs.  Also, I couldn't find an FAQ anywhere, and I think it would be useful to have some written documentation; the YouTube videos are nice, but for people like myself, written instructions are far more easier to follow.
  • I know this had to be asked a million times, but I can't find the answer in the comments. Basically, I get the ffmpeg error (saying it doesn't exist) but I do have ffmpeg, because other software I use requires it. So my question is where is Data Mosh 2 looking when using ffmpeg? Does it need to be in the data mosh root folder? I do have ffmpeg in both my system and user PATHs.  Also, I couldn't find an FAQ anywhere, and I think it would be useful to have some written documentation; the YouTube videos are nice, but for people like myself, written instructions are far more easier to follow.
    i have the same problem do we have any solution why datamosh doesnt track the ffmpeg? 
    Hey there! The tool needs the file path to the actual ffmpeg executable. Right now we do not support having the executable installed globally. Please download the ffmpeg executable from their site and point the path in Datamosh 2 to that executable. 

Apologies for the sparse documentation. These 2 videos may help for how to manually install these files.

Mac - 
    Windows - 
    i have the same problem do we have any solution why datamosh doesnt track the ffmpeg? 
    See https://aescripts.com/forums/discussion/comment/46943/#Comment_46943
  • Love the product, but I can't seem to get it to work anymore.

The Datamosh 2 panel doesn't seem to do anything.
    The only thing that appears in the panel is 
    "FLY-OUT MENU
    Click on the # button above" 

Clicking the hamburger menu of the panel gives med the standard panel operations (undock, close) and the option to open the About/License/Update Datamosh 2 popup window.

I have un-and reinstalled the plugin and extension with AEScripts installer and the ZXP installer, restarting between installs. I have deactivated and reactivated license and clreared cache, I can't seem to access anything about Daamosh except for the Linsene/About/Help window.

I have checked "allow debugging" in the installers.

I receive no error messages and no indication of anything being wrong - the panel is simply useless. 

Is this an AE23 issue? Will I have to downgrade? (It is an issue with AE23)

I am running on MacBookPro M1Pro, AE2023

I'd really like to try out a mosh effect on a current project and would really like to get it working. 

EDIT - Resolved - Downgraded to AE22 and it works perfectly. 
  • Will there be a version compatible with AE 2023 soon? :(
  • Will there be a version compatible with AE 2023 soon? :(
    It should work with AE2023 if you download the ZXP rather than using aescript+aeplugins utility.

"FLY-OUT MENU

Clicking the hamburger menu of the panel gives med the standard panel operations (undock, close) and the option to open the About/License/Update Datamosh 2 popup window.

I have un-and reinstalled the plugin and extension with AEScripts installer and the ZXP installer, restarting between installs. I have deactivated and reactivated license and clreared cache, I can't seem to access anything about Daamosh except for the Linsene/About/Help window.

I receive no error messages and no indication of anything being wrong - the panel is simply useless. 

I'd really like to try out a mosh effect on a current project and would really like to get it working. 

Hey, so sorry for the issues. If you expand the window even more, you should be able to see a button that allows you to exit the this interface. Does this work?

"FLY-OUT MENU

Hey, so sorry for the issues. If you expand the window even more, you should be able to see a button that allows you to exit the this interface. Does this work?
    It did. That's quite embarrassing, I thought I had exhausted every option in AE23.
    Thank you for your quick reply. 

"FLY-OUT MENU

It did. That's quite embarrassing, I thought I had exhausted every option in AE23.
    Thank you for your quick reply. 
    Great!
  • Hi, I keep getting this error when trying to remove frames:

"Remove Frame Concat Error, Something went wrong with concatting remove frame videos. Check the log. Occurred at Mosh Phase rfConcatTemps.".

Please help me resolve!
  • I keep getting this error:
    SyntaxError Unexpected end of JSON input Ocurred at mosh phase gettingMarkerTimes

I'm on the latest version (2.13)
    After Effects 23.6.0
  • Hi, I keep getting this error when trying to remove frames:

"Remove Frame Concat Error, Something went wrong with concatting remove frame videos. Check the log. Occurred at Mosh Phase rfConcatTemps.".

Please help me resolve!
    Hey Julius, can you please open a support ticket and upload the mosh log txt file? This is located in the AE project file location and in the "mosh" folder. 

Thanks!

Danny
  • I keep getting this error:
    SyntaxError Unexpected end of JSON input Ocurred at mosh phase gettingMarkerTimes

I'm on the latest version (2.13)
    After Effects 23.6.0
    Hey Samuli, can you please open a support ticket and upload the mosh log txt file? This is located in the AE project file location and in the "mosh" folder. 

Thanks!

Danny
  • Suddenly Datamosh is complaining that my externals are missing, and when I go to check the paths, it looks like it had installed everything to var/folders on macOS. Aren't those temporary directories? Do I need to reinstall every time? Is this expected behavior?