• imageDatamosh 2

The latest and greatest of glitch art tools! Datamosh 2 brings 60+ moshing algorithms, 16x more precision, 6 new parameters and a new marker workflow. Remove frames, hijack motion and swap motion from other clips. Use it and brag to your friends.

https://aescripts.com/datamosh/

• Incredible plugin. Stupidly cheap too!
  • Impossible to install it via ZXP installer. I have this message : "Installation failed because the extension is not compatible with the installed applications."
    I'm on Windows and I use After Effects 18.4.0 (Build 41).

Send help :)

Thx a lot for your great job.

• I bought it, entered the license code, activated it and its still not letting me use any of the features telling me that its still in trial mode. 
  • Plugin Interface is blank and the dev asked me to send him some screenshots. After that, he has stopped responding. It's been 3 days since I've bought the plugin but can't use it at all. Would love to update this comment into a positive one as soon as the plugin becomes usable

Forgot to edit this comment for months: Problem is fixed and It works great! :D
  • I much preferred Datamosh 1, i got very use to it and was able to creat exaclty what i wanted. Is there anyway of running the old version?
  • just upgraded and it doesn't work at all
    Datamosh 2 will not run on After Effects 2021 I see it in the extensions menu
    but at present it will not work, very annoying hope its fixed asap.
    Plugin Interface is blank and the dev asked me to send him some screenshots. After that, he has stopped responding. It's been 3 days since I've bought the plugin but can't use it at all. Would love to update this comment into a positive one as soon as the plugin becomes usable
    Impossible to install it via ZXP installer. I have this message : "Installation failed because the extension is not compatible with the installed applications."

Hey everyone! So sorry for the issues, we will have this sorted out ASAP! There will be a new update tomorrow :)

- Danny
  • Incredible plugin. Stupidly cheap too!
    Aye aye, thanks so much!
    Datamosh 2 will not run on After Effects 2021 I see it in the extensions menu
    but at present it will not work, very annoying hope its fixed asap.
    Plugin Interface is blank and the dev asked me to send him some screenshots. After that, he has stopped responding. It's been 3 days since I've bought the plugin but can't use it at all. Would love to update this comment into a positive one as soon as the plugin becomes usable
    Impossible to install it via ZXP installer. I have this message : "Installation failed because the extension is not compatible with the installed applications."

Hey everyone! So sorry for the issues, we will have this sorted out ASAP! There will be a new update tomorrow :)

- Danny
    Thanks for that :), I was a little bit disappointed today haha.  
  • It doesn't work for me even after the update

error Ocoured at mosh phase bakingMosh Baking Error Something Went wrong with moshing the video. Check the log. 1
  • error
    Ocoured at mosh phase renderTemp SyntaxError Unexpected end of JSON input

I get an error like this when rendering.I want you to improve immediately.
  • Hi, can't install this either via zxp installer "failed because the extension is not compatible with the installed applications"...running AE 18.4.1 win10
  • Hey,

Cant install either, actually purchased the plugin, and same issue as everyone else "failed because the extension is not compatible with the installed applications" wouldn't have purchased if i knew I'd be having 12 hours of difficulty trying to solve this installation issue.
    Other sources advise changing file name but that doesn't work either. 
    Any help would be great if anyone gets any updates! 
    Cheers
  • Keely - I just went back and reinstalled after effects 2020 (17.x) and it now installs and "works"
  • It doesn't work for me even after the update

error Ocoured at mosh phase bakingMosh Baking Error Something Went wrong with moshing the video. Check the log. 1
    Hey Misa,

Would you mind opening a support ticket? We will get this sorted out ASAP!

- Danny
  • error
    Ocoured at mosh phase renderTemp SyntaxError Unexpected end of JSON input

I get an error like this when rendering.I want you to improve immediately.
    So sorry for the issues! Making an update for this now!

- Danny
  • Hey,

Cant install either, actually purchased the plugin, and same issue as everyone else "failed because the extension is not compatible with the installed applications" wouldn't have purchased if i knew I'd be having 12 hours of difficulty trying to solve this installation issue.
    Other sources advise changing file name but that doesn't work either. 
    Any help would be great if anyone gets any updates! 
    Cheers
    Hey Keely,

So sorry for the issues! Would you mind opening a support ticket? We will get this sorted out ASAP!

- Danny
  • hello! we find some error :
    Ocoured at mosh phase renderTemp SyntaxError Unexpected end of JSON input .
    how can we fix this problem? can you tell us about the solution?
  • I spoke to soon, error occurred  at mosh phase bakingmosh  baking error something
    went wrong with moshing the video.
  • I spoke to soon, error occurred  at mosh phase bakingmosh  baking error something
    went wrong with moshing the video.
    Hey Paul,

Would you mind trying the latest version we just released?

- Danny
  • shata lee said:
    hello! we find some error :
    Ocoured at mosh phase renderTemp SyntaxError Unexpected end of JSON input .
    Hey there!

Can you please try the latest version 2.0.3? There is a fix for this issue :)

- Danny
  • Just installed the newest versions and I’m getting “Ocoured at mosh phase renderTemp SyntaxError Unexpected end of JSON input .”
  • Paid for this same error
  • Hi, using the newest version I am getting "ocoured at mosh phase bakingMosh Baking error something went wrong with baking temp" error everytime. Please help
  • Cant run it in the 2020 version and in the 2021 version.
    I installed the external packages, but every time i want to mosh I get the the following error. The Plugin is not usable at all for me. And yes I have installed the latest versin of the plugin

Unexpected end of JSON input 
  • Hi There, 
    Great plugin, has alot of potential once the bugs are ironed out.

One of which I get 99.09% of the time is:

Error
    Occurred at mosh phase bakingMosh Baking error something went wrong with moshing the video.
    Check the log. 3221225477

Thankyou for your time- hope its not an issue on my end :)
  • "Ocoured at most phase renderTemp SyntaxError Unexpected end of JSON input" 

Please advise...
  • Bug bug bug bug 

ERROR DOWNLOADING FILE ERROR : CONNECT ECONNREFUSED

FFEDIT PATH DOES NOT EXIST. PLEASE CHECK THE SETTING

&

• Just installed the newest versions and I’m getting “Ocoured at mosh phase renderTemp SyntaxError Unexpected end of JSON input .” how can we fix this problem? can you tell us about the solution?
    "Ocoured at most phase renderTemp SyntaxError Unexpected end of JSON input" 

Please advise...
    Cant run it in the 2020 version and in the 2021 version.
    I installed the external packages, but every time i want to mosh I get the the following error. The Plugin is not usable at all for me. And yes I have installed the latest versin of the plugin

Please advise...
    Hey All! 

So sorry for the continuous issues here! We will have a new version out to you all in the next day. Thanks for being patient with us!

- Danny
  • Hi There, 
    Great plugin, has alot of potential once the bugs are ironed out.

One of which I get 99.09% of the time is:

Error
    Occurred at mosh phase bakingMosh Baking error something went wrong with moshing the video.
    Check the log. 3221225477

Thankyou for your time- hope its not an issue on my end :)
    Hello,

We are working on this error now!

- Danny
  • I much preferred Datamosh 1, i got very use to it and was able to creat exaclty what i wanted. Kitchen&Bath Is there anyway of running the old version?
  • "Ocoured at most phase renderTemp SyntaxError Unexpected end of JSON input" 

Please advise...
    I got the same issue. please advice!
  • Just installed the newest versions and I’m getting “Ocoured at mosh phase renderTemp SyntaxError Unexpected end of JSON input .” how can we fix this problem? can you tell us about the solution?

Please advise...
    Cant run it in the 2020 version and in the 2021 version.

Please advise...
    Hey All! 

So sorry for the continuous issues here! We will have a new version out to you all in the next day. Thanks for being patient with us!

- Danny
    any update on this?
    Can you offer datamosh 1 while you fix this?
  • Hi,
    Just bought the plugin. And Bingo I get the error occurred at mosh phase rfGetTimes SyntaxError Unexpected end of JSON input.

I got it working by installing the latest version of ffmpeg.

Here are extremely clear instructions for windows users.

First test looks great!

D
  • Tutorial - would be good to have a section about how to use this plugin to transition from one clip to another!
  • make it work please.
    i regret datamosh 1.
  • ** UPDATE **

New bug - the PATH for the FFmpeg and Edit and Gac all disappeared, not sure what the proper path information is. Reinstalling didn't work. Trying to run it a Mosh will flag the error and trigger the in-plugin tutorial. It then redownloaded and installed but it just triggers the error again. The path remains blank. This make the plugin completely unusable... Tried another pass at cycling the installer and the FFedit and FFgac paths are there, but they seem to be going to a VAR directory (temporary?). FFmpeg lives there too, so manually put in the path but it's still throwing the missing external "could not find the ffmpeg executables" error. 

I second the post below that suggests giving us Datamosh 1 until 2 gets repaired because it is currently unusable. 

** ORIGINAL POST **

(using a Mac) Datamosh 2 is working for me. But slowly. Never worked with Datamosh 1, but not getting errors unless I use the tool incorrectly. It's not a mistake-proof plugin. You can delete a MOSH from the panel but it doesn't delete from the keyframe track, for example. It definitely requires some more QA... but watching the 20 minute tutorial gives you a good workflow. Be careful you don't delete the Mosh layer. 

When in doubt, start over. Undo doesn't seem to work in all cases :( 

I'm also curious about the render codec in the settings. I have the Output Template set to Lossless, but the files AE imports are h264. Lossless would be more efficient in After Effects. Is this a bug or is the Output Template codec just an intermediary? 

Still curious about best practices for using this as a transition effect. Experimenting currently. 

** I will update here as I find consistent bugs **
  • Hey guys,

I want to say: thank you so much for doing this. I know you were probably still making money from Datamosh 1, and you could have just rode that out, but you decided to take initiative to best who you were yesterday. That is truly incredible.

I am so excited to explore all of these new algorithms and features. I just wanted to sincerely express my gratitude to you for bringing this amazing effect to the masses.

Much love,
    Jonah Larsen
  • Cam Vokey said:
    ** UPDATE **

New bug - the PATH for the FFmpeg and Edit and Gac all disappeared, not sure what the proper path information is. Reinstalling didn't work. Trying to run it a Mosh will flag the error and trigger the in-plugin tutorial. It then redownloaded and installed but it just triggers the error again. The path remains blank. This make the plugin completely unusable... Tried another pass at cycling the installer and the FFedit and FFgac paths are there, but they seem to be going to a VAR directory (temporary?). FFmpeg lives there too, so manually put in the path but it's still throwing the missing external "could not find the ffmpeg executables" error. 

I second the post below that suggests giving us Datamosh 1 until 2 gets repaired because it is currently unusable. 

** ORIGINAL POST **

(using a Mac) Datamosh 2 is working for me. But slowly. Never worked with Datamosh 1, but not getting errors unless I use the tool incorrectly. It's not a mistake-proof plugin. You can delete a MOSH from the panel but it doesn't delete from the keyframe track, for example. It definitely requires some more QA... but watching the 20 minute tutorial gives you a good workflow. Be careful you don't delete the Mosh layer. 

I'm also curious about the render codec in the settings. I have the Output Template set to Lossless, but the files AE imports are h264. Lossless would be more efficient in After Effects. Is this a bug or is the Output Template codec just an intermediary? 

Still curious about best practices for using this as a transition effect. Experimenting currently. 

I have the same problem. 
    I've updated my datamosh 1 for the datamosh 2 and i 'm really sad i cannot use it at all. And i need it .
  • Hi,
    Just bought the plugin. And Bingo I get the error occurred at mosh phase rfGetTimes SyntaxError Unexpected end of JSON input.

I got it working by installing the latest version of ffmpeg.

Here are extremely clear instructions for windows users.

First test looks great!

D
    Hey Damon, 

Thanks for the update! This is solid feedback and we will look into what was causing this issue :)

- Danny
  • Cam Vokey said:
    Tutorial - would be good to have a section about how to use this plugin to transition from one clip to another!
    Hey Cam,

Thanks for the feedback! Are you referencing the remove frame effect?

- Danny
  • make it work please.
    i regret datamosh 1.
    Hey there,

Just got to your ticket, we will get it figured out ASAP!

- Danny
  • Cam Vokey said:
    ** UPDATE **

** ORIGINAL POST **

Hey Cam,

Thanks so much for all of this feedback! It's suggestions like this that really help push our tools forward. 

We are looking into a better solution for where to store the ffmpeg externals within the file system. We opted for the Temp folder because this has the least amount of permissions and is typically accessible by the most machines. I think a feature where there is a button next to the path settings that opens a file browser for users to pick the files would be helpful. Regardless, licensing issues require us to have the user download these files and it can get a bit messy. We are working on it!

I am interested to know about your experience deleting moshes from the panel and them not deleting elsewhere. Can you clarify here?

We are working to make then undo functionality more robust!

Thanks again for everything :)

- Danny
  • Hi Thanks for the update. and we will look into what was casuing th issue.  Speaker-stands
  • Hey guys,

I want to say: thank you so much for doing this. I know you were probably still making money from Datamosh 1, and you could have just rode that out, but you decided to take initiative to best who you were yesterday. That is truly incredible.

I am so excited to explore all of these new algorithms and features. I just wanted to sincerely express my gratitude to you for bringing this amazing effect to the masses.

Much love,
    Jonah Larsen
    Hey Jonah,

Thanks so much for the kind words <3 Getting to hear excitement for our tools is extremely rewarding :) Please share your creations with us on Instagram @datamosh :)

- Danny
  • Just released a new update that should fix these issues :)

- Danny
  • I bought it, entered the license code, activated it and its still not letting me use any of the features telling me that its still in trial mode. Kitchen&Bath
  • "Ocoured at mosh phase moshTemp Moshing Error Something Went wrong with moshing the video. Check the log." error... .... 
  • Hello everybody! Every time when i try to moshing, give this issue: "unable to execute line 512" and make on folder with .mp4 files. Please help!

• Hello

I've updated my version of datamosh 1.1.18 for datamosh 2. I bought the upadte, I get the zpx installer which tells me that installation has been completed, but in the software it doesn't work and still tell me that there's an upadte available... What should i do ? :( 

y