• The plugin does not work anymore. 

"error"
    "moshing error something went wrong with moshing the video.
    Check the log. Ocoured at mosh phase moshTemp"

Here is the log file:
    MOSH PHASE = deletingPreviousMosh
    MOSH PHASE = gettingCompData
    MOSH PHASE = gettingMarkerTimes
    MOSH PHASE = renderTemp
    Into addToRenderer
    Into setTemplateAndTrigger; Result is Success
    MOSH PHASE = primeTemp
    stderr prime
    Guessed Channel Layout for Input Stream #0.1 : stereo
    Input #0, avi, from 'D:\Editing\

"error"

Here is the log file:
    MOSH PHASE = renderTemp
    Into addToRenderer
    MOSH PHASE = primeTemp
    stderr prime

I have the same problem!!! Please help! My client is killing me!

"error"

Here is the log file:
    MOSH PHASE = renderTemp
    Into addToRenderer
    MOSH PHASE = primeTemp
    stderr prime

I have the same problem!!! Please help! My client is killing me!

The plugin does not work anymore. 

"error"

Here is the log file:
    MOSH PHASE = renderTemp
    Into addToRenderer
    MOSH PHASE = primeTemp
    stderr prime

Sebastian Zvarici said: Hello Danny Perry, I get this error when I m trying to render. Please help, I've just boguht the product.
    Ivan Sanchez said: Having trouble with 2021 adobe and datamosh
    Léo Combette said: Hello,
    I download the update but now I have a oder error message, " the selected template doesn't exist. Please select a different output template" but I don't know where I can find this, in the setting there are only FFmeg etc
    Thanks you for the response 
    Sean Harris said: cant do anything with it Hey All,

So sorry for the delayed response and issues! We just released a BIG update to the tool that should fix these issues. Please give it a whirl and let me know if we are in a better spot :)

- Danny
  • Inject frames missing from latest version? Gotta update that tutorial ! 
  • Guys would be great to add TOOL TIPS to all the variables. 

I.e. a tool tip or a little pop up next to BLEND would say something like: "0 = Fully Wet Effect. 100 = Fully Dry Effect" or even a little breakdown to explain all the variables somewhere else in the panel. Would make learning and using the tool a lot easier. 
  • Cam Vokey said:
    Inject frames missing from latest version? Gotta update that tutorial ! 
    Hey Cam,

The inject frames option was not removed. Is yours not appearing once Hold Frames is toggled? 

Cam Vokey said:
    Guys would be great to add TOOL TIPS to all the variables. 

I.e. a tool tip or a little pop up next to BLEND would say something like: "0 = Fully Wet Effect. 100 = Fully Dry Effect" or even a little breakdown to explain all the variables somewhere else in the panel. Would make learning and using the tool a lot easier. 
    This is a great idea! We will work on adding this in our next update!

- Danny
  • Danny - good call. Yes, it's back when Hold is toggled. 

Quick question - so transitioning INTO datamosh is easy. How does one transition OUT of datamosh? 
    hi i have problem when click download externals. 2 messages error "error making download paths file error:ENOENT:no such file or directory, chmod "C:/users.../7za.exe"
    and other error "error copying 7zipbin to temp..."

link image

helpme please
    many thanks!
  • hi guys,
    im curious if this works with Apple Silicon? 
    cheers

• Cam Vokey said:
    Danny - good call. Yes, it's back when Hold is toggled. 

Quick question - so transitioning INTO datamosh is easy. How does one transition OUT of datamosh? 
    Transitioning out of Datamosh is typically done by fading the moshed clip's transparency to 0 with the original clip underneath. Does this help?

- Danny
    hi i have problem when click download externals. 2 messages error "error making download paths file error:ENOENT:no such file or directory, chmod "C:/users.../7za.exe"
    and other error "error copying 7zipbin to temp..."

link image

helpme please
    many thanks!
    Hey there! I think that we got your issues sorted out with your support ticket. There is always the ability to manually add the external files - check out the Datamosh 2 settings tab!

- Danny
  • hi guys,
    im curious if this works with Apple Silicon? 
    cheers

Hey there, yes it does!

- Danny
  • Hi,
    i have the same problem. I don't know how to solve it. If anyone knows please let me know asap.
    Hi, 

I bought it today, but can't make it work.

"Ocoured at mosh phase renderTemp SyntaxError
    Unexpected end of JSON input"

• I have the same.. And I just bought it. How can we solve this?
  • Just purchased this plugin and getting an error much like the ones other people reported in the past.

-Moshing error something went wrong with moshing the video, check the log. Occurred at mosh phase mosh Temp

When I check the log it says this. (See attached file)  Any help would be much appreciated!
    Moshdata.png
    2173 x 613 - 148K
  • anyone have an issue where it shows up in extensions, you click on it and nothing happens? no ui or anything.
  • Just purchased this plugin and getting an error much like the ones other people reported in the past.

-Moshing error something went wrong with moshing the video, check the log. Occurred at mosh phase mosh Temp

When I check the log it says this. (See attached file)  Any help would be much appreciated!
    Hey there!

I hope that we were able to help in your support ticket :)

- Danny
  • anyone have an issue where it shows up in extensions, you click on it and nothing happens? no ui or anything.
    Hey Babe,

Would you mind opening a support ticket? We will get this sorted out ASAP!

- Danny
  • Just bought it and installed it twice and every time I try to click on the plugin in extensions nothing happens too
  • Just bought it and installed it twice and every time I try to click on the plugin in extensions nothing happens too
    Hey Zack!

So sorry for the issues. Please refer to this page for fixing this issue :)

- Danny
  • IT NEVER WORKS FOR ME I HAVE TO REDOWNLOAD FFMEG AND GAC AND FFEDIT EVERYTIME... SO BUGGY SO MANY ERRORS... GODDAMMIT
  • I'm having the same issues as others where I'm clicking on the extension and nothing's happening.  Why isn't the the solution to this being publicly shared? 

• IT NEVER WORKS FOR ME I HAVE TO REDOWNLOAD FFMEG AND GAC AND FFEDIT EVERYTIME... SO BUGGY SO MANY ERRORS... GODDAMMIT
    Hey Darin! Sorry for the issues. You are able to manually download these files and store them in a permanent location on your machine. Please go into the Datamosh 2 settings tab and click on the link in the paths section. Thanks!

- Danny
  • I'm having the same issues as others where I'm clicking on the extension and nothing's happening.  Why isn't the the solution to this being publicly shared? 

Hey Philip!

Sorry for the issues! Please refer to this page :)

- Danny
  • nunca comprei um plung  quando compro, compro um que não funciona toma no meu C* mesmo 
  • Hello, the plugin works perfect, I have only one question, when i datamosh one time, works perfect, when i try second time, there is a 9988 error, and I have to purge memory and restart. Even the memory is not full.

Do you know a workaround, so i don't have to restart every time?

• Hello, the plugin works perfect, I have only one question, when i datamosh one time, works perfect, when i try second time, there is a 9988 error, and I have to purge memory and restart. Even the memory is not full.

Do you know a workaround, so i don't have to restart every time?

Hey there,

Please open a support ticket and we will be able to help you out :)

- Danny
  • Great product! I've been eyeing Datamosh2 for a while now, never had the project for it tho. Having tried it, I'm so happy with the purchase! Can't wait to play with it and destroy those oh-so-perfect video files...
  • Great product! I've been eyeing Datamosh2 for a while now, never had the project for it tho. Having tried it, I'm so happy with the purchase! Can't wait to play with it and destroy those oh-so-perfect video files...
    So glad to hear! Share your creations with us on Instagram or Twitter!
  • Fantastic plugin and I've been enjoying it for some time now but it just became aware of the REMOVE FRAME function and that it doesn't seem to work as intended on my M1 Mac - it simply stops the entire render at the remove marker. The mosh layer will just stops and ignores anything that comes after it and watching tutorials it seems that's not what its supposed to do.
  • I loved this plugin when it would work.  It had better results that the first version and was more predictable, adjustable and time efficient than doing it without a plugin.  The problem is that I would get error messages constantly so I refunded it.  Is it working smoothly now?  I would really love for the bugginess to have been fixed by now because I have a project that would be perfect for it coming up.  
  • Getting this message when trying to remove keyframes, already manually inputted the paths and given permissions to them, any ideas?

"Remove Frame Concat Error, Something went wrong with concatting remove frame videos. Check the log. Occurred at Mosh Phase rfConcatTemps."
  • Hi, I'm having a problem using Datamosh 2 on Windows 10, After Effects 2021. I've chosen "Render with Alpha" as my output format, however, when the mosh loads into After Effects I it has lost the alpha entirely (rendered a black background).  Help?
  • Following because I'm having exactly the same problem.  I've selected Render with Alpha.

"Is there a way to make the rendered video with an alpha channel so that way there can be a transparent background? 

I know of the output templates, but, every time I render there is still a black background.  "
  • Just Bought Datamosh 2, put the zxp into after effects plugins , opened After effects and its showing up nowhere. (not in the extensions and also not in the effects).    

Can someone help?
  • Just Bought Datamosh 2, put the zxp into after effects plugins , opened After effects and its showing up nowhere. (not in the extensions and also not in the effects).    

Can someone help?
    Hey there,

Please follow the installation instrucitons provided in the download :)

- Danny
  • Fantastic plugin and I've been enjoying it for some time now but it just became aware of the REMOVE FRAME function and that it doesn't seem to work as intended on my M1 Mac - it simply stops the entire render at the remove marker. The mosh layer will just stops and ignores anything that comes after it and watching tutorials it seems that's not what its supposed to do.
    Hope that we got this worked out for you!
  • I loved this plugin when it would work.  It had better results that the first version and was more predictable, adjustable and time efficient than doing it without a plugin.  The problem is that I would get error messages constantly so I refunded it.  Is it working smoothly now?  I would really love for the bugginess to have been fixed by now because I have a project that would be perfect for it coming up.  
    All issues should be sorted out! Please reach out if anything pops up :)
  • Getting this message when trying to remove keyframes, already manually inputted the paths and given permissions to them, any ideas?

"Remove Frame Concat Error, Something went wrong with concatting remove frame videos. Check the log. Occurred at Mosh Phase rfConcatTemps."
    Hey Tom,

Did we end up getting this sorted out for you?

- Danny
  • Following because I'm having exactly the same problem.  I've selected Render with Alpha.

"Is there a way to make the rendered video with an alpha channel so that way there can be a transparent background? 

I know of the output templates, but, every time I render there is still a black background.  "
    Hey there! I responded to your support ticket, but unfortuntaly Datamosh 2 does not work with alpha channels.
  • how can you have the datamosh fade on a video, for example if I wanted it to datamosh to transition and then for clip it transitioned to to go back to normal gradually?
  • I paid for the full version but everytime i try to use any of the tools it says i need to upgrade to the full version. 
  • I paid for the full version but everytime i try to use any of the tools it says i need to upgrade to the full version. 
    Hey Andrew! Does this issue still persist after entering in your license code and restarting the extension?

- Danny
  • Is there any way to transfer your license from one computer to another one?

I Just upgraded and i'm clueless as how to get it to run properly.
  • Is there any way to transfer your license from one computer to another one?

I Just upgraded and i'm clueless as how to get it to run properly.
    We can help you out! It should be as simple as going into your aescripts account page and going to "My Downloads and Licenses". Your license is in here and can be applied to your new machine.

- Danny
  • took over a week and a lot of troubleshooting to get it to finally work, but it is finally working and it is amazing, highly recommend to anyone consdierign whether or not to buy. I do have one question that I would love a dev to see as I think it is pretty crucial to how the app works..

Why is the default for the remove frames preset to create yellow pixels to fill in negative space?
    Several cuts in which the subject is moving his hand or arm away from his body it fills in the empty space with bright yellow pixels which are attention grabbing and distract from/arguably ruin the beauty of the transition. Typically the software duplicates or mirrors pixels to fill in negative space when the frame is changed, but for some reason when something in the middle of the frame moves outwards it only fills this space with yellow? is that a bug that could be fixed?

most importantly:
    It would be super helpful if you could upload a youtube video that shows all the different presets with the same footage and demonstrate what the intensity, acceleration, etc. change for each effect. Without a super computer it would take hours to test each one of the presets yourself, and using a mosh map takes multiple hours for each render so guess and check is a horrible process. I am sure others are having this problem as well.
  • I was able to install Datamosh 2 into after effects but when I click on Datamosh it says "One or more of the external executables does not exist in this current path...go to tutorial and download the external files" When I click on tutorial it does not do anything. Ive already reinstalled a couple times. Please help!?
  • i keep having this issue where datamosh won't finish loading the rendered video after it is done rendering. the loading bar always stays at 55% and showing "Phase: exportExtraMVs". 
    it stops making any progress after that. 
    does anyone know what's going on and/or how to fix it?
  • screenshot showing what i was talking about in the previous comment 
    Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 9.39.25 PM.png
    1280 x 1352 - 876K
  • Hi there, have a question for anyone who can answer. 

I basically want to create some trippy crossfade-esque transitions using a datamosh technique. Wondering how easy this is - where one clip gets moshed by the next, but then eventually seamlessly fades into that new clip without any moshed pixels.