• hi sir 
    not working . the file downloaded from the link not worked
  • In version history you say 'More button types'. The only one I can see is maybe 'run shell command'? Can you create a tut on how this works?
    So I can make use of the upgrade.
    Also you show align command buttons in the video...I was never able to do this in kbar 2. Can you let me know where to find the scriptlet for that?

• Hello!  I love KBar and used it since v1

If I get this new version will there be a seamless upgrade from V2 to v3 so I can keep working? Just checking as I am in the middle of  a job and don't want to mess it all up
  • This price is too expensive for people who have already bought KBAR2.
  • Is there an update path,I bought Kbar2 just recently for the full price. 
  • OMG...I bought Kbar2 on May 30th, what should I do?
  • OMG...I bought Kbar2 on May 30th, what should I do?

This price is too expensive for people who have already bought KBAR2.

Is there an update path,I bought Kbar2 just recently for the full price. 
    So far they didn't answer yet just tell everyone that this is a subscription plugin and recommend other options from other developers. 
    In my case I will contact with aescripts and if they don't do anything I will buy the plugins elsewhere. There are other websites to do so.
  • Do we get to upgrade form V2?
  • Hi, great to see a new version! But just wondering if you plan on adding the following features, as the new version doesn't seem to have many additional features compared to Kbar2:

- Sub Menus: A button type that opens a dropdown/pop out menu item which reveals the contents of another toolbar. An alternative to keyboard modifiers (modifier options are quite limited). For example, like how MoBar uses dropdown/pop out menus: MoBar - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

- Add the ability to add line spacing in tool-tips.
    Since they don't even respond I will.
    If you bought it after the 1st of June. otherwise only if you pay an extra 20 Euros bill. 
  • I bought Kbar2 on the 17th of May. Now you want me to pay another 20? Even though you said in the comments section of Kbar2 that the release for the new version would be in the unforeseen future?! Come on!
  • I bought Kbar2 on the 17th of May. Now you want me to pay another 20? Even though you said in the comments section of Kbar2 that the release for the new version would be in the unforeseen future?! Come on!
    So, for a plugin that I bought 8 months ago and I paid 50 euros, now I have to pay another 20 + taxes for the new version? Or you mean people who buy the newest version will pay half of what I paid in November last year?
    Guys if this is a subscription plugin you should say it up front so that users can decide whether to accept that or not.

Your KBar2 license will continue working and you do not have to upgrade. If you want to upgrade we offer a significant discount. Unfortunately, as much as we'll love to, software can't be maintained forever for free. We try to price all our software as affordably as we can while still being able to maintain and support it.  At any hourly rate, the worklflow improvements this tool provides should easily justify the cost which is equivalent to a few cups of coffee :)
    Upgrade details here: https://aescripts.com/kbar/#upgrade-notice
  • Hello!  I love KBar and used it since v1

If I get this new version will there be a seamless upgrade from V2 to v3 so I can keep working? Just checking as I am in the middle of  a job and don't want to mess it all up
    There should not be any issues but I would definitely wait until your job is done before upgrading :)
  • Is there a feature list of new features? It seems the exact same for a $20 price.
  • Saxon Rix said:
    Hi, great to see a new version! But just wondering if you plan on adding the following features, as the new version doesn't seem to have many additional features compared to Kbar2:

- Sub Menus: A button type that opens a dropdown/pop out menu item which reveals the contents of another toolbar. An alternative to keyboard modifiers (modifier options are quite limited). For example, like how MoBar uses dropdown/pop out menus: MoBar - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

- Add the ability to add line spacing in tool-tips.
    Hi Saxon.  I would LOVE to be able to add submenus to KBar but there are a bunch of technical restrictions that make this tough.  If I can find a way to do it I promise I will consider it.

As for line spacing I'd like to understand this better.  Can you open a support ticket for this?
  • Sean Dunn said:
    Is there a feature list of new features?
    Yes! I did a bad job advertising this there are a few new features...

1.  Making shareable toolbars that have icons/scripts/presets/shell commands all baked into the export.
    2.  Bulk importing
    3.  New button type: running shell scripts
    4.  Smaller/faster and will work in newer versions of AE.

• In version history you say 'More button types'. The only one I can see is maybe 'run shell command'? Can you create a tut on how this works?
    So I can make use of the upgrade.
    Also you show align command buttons in the video...I was never able to do this in kbar 2. Can you let me know where to find the scriptlet for that?

Hi Tim, I'll put something in the official documentation site.  Please give me a few days and please open a ticket if there's anything else you want documented.
  • I saw Align buttons in the video. How do I apply these to KBAR 3

• The most annoying thing is even not the fact that you need to pay again for the v3 of this addon and its total price will be $60, am personally ok with the features of v2 and will continue to use it. What is annoying it's that probably if something will go wrong with the compatibility of v2 with new versions of Ae the developer will not support it. And now, buying a v3, you can expect that when in the future it will go to v4 you will not have a free update and support of the older version. Nothing personal - just a business. All we need to live out of something and each developer has their own vision of doing it and it is ok on the other hand we as the users have all the options to choose between competitors, prices, quality, and loyalty. So spend responsibly! 

P.S. And yes, one more thing - It really looks like the developer not looking for complex ways to do money, looks like adding almost nothing he named the version of the addon with loud number v3 and asking for this an extra payment - but what significant updates you will have? V3 sounds like it should be a huge update, at least it works like this with most of the software, but this is not the case this time. Honestly, without the hate - v3 in this case is ONLY about easy getting a fresh portion of profit mostly from existing users, and not about giving them something valuable. Kbar2 is totally worth the money but this new thing is totally not!
  • How can I update to v3? I have v2.
    Cant be that I have to pay for that or what?
  • How can I update to v3? I have v2.
    Cant be that I have to pay for that or what?
    Upgrade details here: https://aescripts.com/kbar/#upgrade-notice
    So, for a plugin that I bought 8 months ago and I paid 50 euros, now I have to pay another 20 + taxes for the new version? Or you mean people who buy the newest version will pay half of what I paid in November last year?
    Guys if this is a subscription plugin you should say it up front so that users can decide whether to accept that or not.

Your KBar2 license will continue working and you do not have to upgrade. If you want to upgrade we offer a significant discount. Unfortunately, as much as we'll love to, software can't be maintained forever for free. We try to price all our software as affordably as we can while still being able to maintain and support it.  At any hourly rate, the worklflow improvements this tool provides should easily justify the cost which is equivalent to a few cups of coffee :)
    Maybe you can't maintain it because you don't have enough customers and that's why you overrate your hourly fee. I have bought other plugins that have been updated for free for years and they do, maintain and improve their products regularly. 
    I don't complain because of the money, so far I've spent around 1000 euros within the last year in plugins and did never complain about the price of any of them. I just think your update isn't neither fair nor worth the money you ask for, that's why you will have to ask for money for coffee elsewhere
  • The most annoying thing is even not the fact that you need to pay again for the v3 of this addon and its total price will be $60, am personally ok with the features of v2 and will continue to use it. What is annoying it's that probably if something will go wrong with the compatibility of v2 with new versions of Ae the developer will not support it. And now, buying a v3, you can expect that when in the future it will go to v4 you will not have a free update and support of the older version. Nothing personal - just a business. All we need to live out of something and each developer has their own vision of doing it and it is ok on the other hand we as the users have all the options to choose between competitors, prices, quality, and loyalty. So spend responsibly! 

P.S. And yes, one more thing - It really looks like the developer not looking for complex ways to do money, looks like adding almost nothing he named the version of the addon with loud number v3 and asking for this an extra payment - but what significant updates you will have? V3 sounds like it should be a huge update, at least it works like this with most of the software, but this is not the case this time. Honestly, without the hate - v3 in this case is ONLY about easy getting a fresh portion of profit mostly from existing users, and not about giving them something valuable. Kbar2 is totally worth the money but this new thing is totally not!
    Hi Eugene, I'm glad you like KBar overall and am sad about your opinion of KBar3. It pains me to read posts like this. Before you shared this post I was planning extend KBar3 with new features for free for a while.  Perhaps after I add enough functionality it might be worth it to you.  If you have constructive ideas of what you'd like to see, please share it with me.

P.S. - This version took me 2 years of my nights, weekends, and vacation time to make and was a complete rewrite from scratch. I had to do this because After Effects changed internally causing 2.0 to slow down a lot and and impossible to improve. A big part of 3.0 was simply keeping it working in After Effects, making it faster, and possible to update. It was important to get something out to customers as soon as possible and I tried to put as much value in it that I could.  The toolbar sharing feature of KBar3 doesn't seem like much but was the #1 requested feature and took me 9 months to build. This isn't something I can explain in a promo video. 

Also, if I added up the hours I spent and the money I've made for KBar 1, 2 and 3 it 's roughly $6 per hour. I don't get rich from KBar. I do it to help the community and hope to make a little bit of something for my time.
  • Is there any place where people shares their Kbar toolbars? After this update there should be a library of nicely customized toolbars.
  • Is there any place where people shares their Kbar toolbars? After this update there should be a library of nicely customized toolbars.
    Not yet.  Working on it!
  • Hi Rafi, I'd like to say thanks heaps for this update. I have been using KBar2 daily since purchasing it and am excited for KBar3. I appreciate the time you have spent rebuilding it from scratch and also excited for what this means for such an amazing plugin. Thanks for sharing your insights into how many hours and the revenue you have managed to get from developing this plugin. I think it is important for users to realise the amount of work that goes into the tools that we use. Keep it up, looking forward to what's around the corner for KBar3
  • If you want to work in after effects as fast as the Flash, KBar is the right tool.
  • It would be cool if there was an feature/option to use name & icon as the thumbnail. That would make this KBAR3 even better. I like icons, but I know that if I would have lot of buttons, I would forget the less used icons and what they do. Using some short version of the script(or whatever) name obviously is better from that point of view. Best of both worlds would be to be able to create the thumbnail within KBAR that would include name & icon. I guess you can create custom icons etc... but I've noticed that with tools like this, it's such a tedious process to create a graphic for a tool that you just don't create those custom icons.

• To the developers, seeing as there's tons of negative comments here that don't make any sense. I am a freelancer that works regularly, and I use KBar every single minute I work. It's the best and really only tool I need consistently, and when I work remote and use a remote computer from a studio, I will only work if I can install Kbar on their side. If Kbar disappeared tomorrow, I would probably have to lower my day rate 10 to 20% of how much less productive I'd be. It blows my mind that the single best tool/functionality in AE is not made by Adobe, and quite frankly, amazed at how "little" Kbar is known and how long it took me to discover it. I recommend it every time I meet someone who knows AE, and it blows their mind too. And I blame this on probably the fact that there isn't a public library of scripts, scriptlets, buttons etc that the community can share. I've been building my own buttons for months and every time I discover a new one it brings me so much joy. I'd love to share my buttons and my workflow but there isn't really anywhere to do that unfortunately. It's great to hear some of these things might be coming in the future, it's perhaps the only thing in my life I would sign up for a newsletter to find out when it comes. And hearing you make so little out of it sucks and I just hope you continue to work on it as AE develops. Congrats on making the best plugin on Ae!
  • To the developers, seeing as there's tons of negative comments here that don't make any sense. I am a freelancer that works regularly, and I use KBar every single minute I work. It's the best and really only tool I need consistently, and when I work remote and use a remote computer from a studio, I will only work if I can install Kbar on their side. If Kbar disappeared tomorrow, I would probably have to lower my day rate 10 to 20% of how much less productive I'd be. It blows my mind that the single best tool/functionality in AE is not made by Adobe, and quite frankly, amazed at how "little" Kbar is known and how long it took me to discover it. I recommend it every time I meet someone who knows AE, and it blows their mind too. And I blame this on probably the fact that there isn't a public library of scripts, scriptlets, buttons etc that the community can share. I've been building my own buttons for months and every time I discover a new one it brings me so much joy. I'd love to share my buttons and my workflow but there isn't really anywhere to do that unfortunately. It's great to hear some of these things might be coming in the future, it's perhaps the only thing in my life I would sign up for a newsletter to find out when it comes. And hearing you make so little out of it sucks and I just hope you continue to work on it as AE develops. Congrats on making the best plugin on Ae!
    Thanks for sharing this Gustavo, you just made our day :-)
    ❤️
  • Hi everyone. I'm looking for input on the experience to share and discover toolbars and other new/existing features in KBar. If you're interested or simply want to know when that's available please sign up to my mailing list at http://eepurl.com/h8D1Kr
  • Hello!! Does anyone else have problem with The Json File of the KBAR3? Because it just doesn't work for me and i can't use the Extension like this. Maybe someone has the same problem!!
    Thank youu!!

• To the developers, seeing as there's tons of negative comments here that don't make any sense. I am a freelancer that works regularly, and I use KBar every single minute I work. ... And hearing you make so little out of it sucks and I just hope you continue to work on it as AE develops. Congrats on making the best plugin on Ae!
    I second Gustavo's sentiments: KBar is great! (I trimmed a bunch out of the quote above for readability.)

Thanks for keeping this going and providing updates at a reasonable cost. For those complaining about the costs, I'd ask you to consider if you'd like to have tools that are maintained or tools that join the heaps of abandonware more quickly. Personally I prefer to have a tool maintained and refined over time. $20 for the upgrade is very reasonable given the amount of time this tool can save you.

I just bought the V3 upgrade and am looking forward to the sharing experience. Thanks again, Rafi, for making and maintaining an excellent product.

(Edited for punctuation.)
  • I hope Kbar3 has good support for Chinese, because only one word can be entered, and two characters will be displayed incompletely。THX!
  • Hi everyone, a few customers have reported that KBar gives them a timeout error at startup. In most cases this is caused by opening up a very large toolbar file with lots of PNG icons or baked scripts. I'm working on a fix for this and need a few days. Thank you for your patience.
  • I hope Kbar3 has good support for Chinese, because only one word can be entered, and two characters will be displayed incompletely。THX!
    Please open a support ticket with screenshots so I can make KBar work better in Chinese.
  • whenever I press the Kbar button, the tooltip comes up and doesn't go away until I press a different button - does anyone have this issue as well?
  • Hello!! Does anyone else have problem with The Json File of the KBAR3? Because it just doesn't work for me and i can't use the Extension like this. Maybe someone has the same problem!!
    Thank youu!!
    I saw your support ticket the other day.  It's the same issue that other people are having.  The toolbar file is very large due to the all the PNG icons and other embedded scripts. The fix is almost ready.

• To the developers, seeing as there's tons of negative comments here that don't make any sense. I am a freelancer that works regularly, and I use KBar every single minute I work. ... And hearing you make so little out of it sucks and I just hope you continue to work on it as AE develops. Congrats on making the best plugin on Ae!
    I second Gustavo's sentiments: KBar is great! (I trimmed a bunch out of the quote above for readability.)

Thanks for keeping this going and providing updates at a reasonable cost. For those complaining about the costs, I'd ask you to consider if you'd like to have tools that are maintained or tools that join the heaps of abandonware more quickly. Personally I prefer to have a tool maintained and refined over time. $20 for the upgrade is very reasonable given the amount of time this tool can save you.

I just bought the V3 upgrade and am looking forward to the sharing experience. Thanks again, Rafi, for making and maintaining an excellent product.

(Edited for punctuation.)
    Amen to that! Rafi did an excellent job on the new version. Personally I did not experience the problems described below. Bought the v3 version and it is significantly faster than the v2. The $20 investment to upgrade will pay you back!
    Astronomical thanks for all your invested time to create this new version, Rafi!!
  • I searched on the Invoke menu item to use [fit up to 100% (short cut : alt + /)] in kbar, but it didn't come out. 
    I wonder if [fit up to 100% (short cut : alt + /)] is not available in kbar.

And I wonder if it is possible to create a script to enter a shortcut.
  • I searched on the Invoke menu item to use [fit up to 100% (short cut : alt + /)] in kbar, but it didn't come out. 
    I wonder if [fit up to 100% (short cut : alt + /)] is not available in kbar.

And I wonder if it is possible to create a script to enter a shortcut.
    If the Fit command isn't in the list you can try to type it. If it doesn't work then it isn't supported. Sadly there is no  way to write a script that enters a shortcut.
  • Hello Rafi, 

thank you for developing this product. It helps a lot.
    Nevertheless, I have some issues open my KBar2 json with KBar3. It's just black and no further reaction.
    Working on M1 Max, AE newest version. I hope you can help me.

Best, Matthias
  • Hi, I'm having trouble setting up a second KBar - everytime I open one of the KBars from the Extension menu I get a copy of the Kbar I've already got going. I've started a second KBar in the settings but can't figure out how to assign that one of the KBars in the extension menu.

Many thanks.
  • Hello, I started getting this error message after the new After Effects update. Is there a way to fix it? 
    Error Message:
    "This product has no license. Restart it and try again.

Error: 
    This product has no license. Restart it and try again.
    at Function.isTrue (file:///Library/Application:20Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/kbar/js/toolbar.js:8:40919
    at file:///Library/Application:20Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/kbar/js/toolbar.js:127:124591
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at a (file:///Library/Application:20Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/kbar/js/toolbar.js:127:124119)"
  • Hi everyone, if you're running into the error that says "The product has no license" please open a support ticket
  • Rafi Khan said:
    Hi everyone, if you're running into the error that says "The product has no license" please open a support ticket
    Hi there, has this issue already been solved, please? 
  • Rafi Khan said:
    Hi everyone, if you're running into the error that says "The product has no license" please open a support ticket
    Hi there, has this issue already been solved, please? 
    please open a support ticket
  • Hi folks, I've published a new version of KBar that alleviates some of the licensing issues for some customers.  Please download the current version.

If you're still seeing licensing errors try clearing your preferences using the instructions at this page -- https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/zxp-installer-faq/

If you still have issues please open a support ticket.