Mask Prompter
  • Installed, but running the plugin on my Mac nothing happens, its not masking, none of the features even work. the points show up and I see my footage but nothing happens. (11.6.7 3.2 GHx 16-core Xeon, 96 GB Memory, AMD Radeon Pro 32GB)
  • If you could get this to be stable I'd gladly pay three times what you're currently asking for it. 
  • Hey all who experience stability issues, please open a support ticket, so we can fix and investigate the problems on a per case basis. This will help best to improve the overall experience. Thank you!
  • Keeps crashing my mac when I use it. Not stable at all. Got a new M2 maxed out MB
  • Bram Maas said:
    Keeps crashing my mac when I use it. Not stable at all. Got a new M2 maxed out MB
    please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133&direct=1
  • Hello,
    It works only de render time is to long. for 9sec footage it takes 15 min. How can I solve this?
    Ed

Pitty is is windows with a other GPU. 

thanks
  • Hello,
    It works only de render time is to long. for 9sec footage it takes 15 min. How can I solve this?
    Ed
    Hey,
    please first look at the hardware support matrix on the product page to see if your system will benefit from hardware accelaration. What are your specs?
  • So many crashes :( on my Mac and PC running 2023.
  • So many crashes :( on my Mac and PC running 2023.
    Hey Kenneth,
    please open a support ticket so we can solve the issues: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133
  • I have now the right card and it works.  But you dont tell us that we can not work off line. Everytime we use your plugin it make contact with you.??? If we dont use it online, it does not work. Why??
    This is a  mafia way of getting info

Ed
  • I have now the right card and it works.  But you dont tell us that we can not work off line. Everytime we use your plugin it make contact with you.??? If we dont use it online, it does not work. Why??
    This is a  mafia way of getting info

Ed
    Hey Ed,
    it should work offline too. Please open a bug report so we can solve the issue.
  • Has anyone figured out a way to refine the mask it creates after the fact? Like on certain frames where it has elements/artifacts you'd like to mask out afterwards. I can't seem to figure out the way to do so. Any help is appreciated! 
  • Got the free trial, but registered the full licensed version and Blue Cross is still there. help!  
  • Hey, is the trial version inferior to the paid version? Seeing how people are getting this to work, but my screen simply freezes without the preview except hearing audio after long minutes. Test footage is not even 1080 just seconds long. Tutorial seems straight forward. Running on AE2023 Ryzen 5950 GTX 3070 64G ram. Would appreciate it if you could shed some light. Thanks.
  • Vic Huang said:
    Hey, is the trial version inferior to the paid version? Seeing how people are getting this to work, but my screen simply freezes without the preview except hearing audio after long minutes. Test footage is not even 1080 just seconds long. Tutorial seems straight forward. Running on AE2023 Ryzen 5950 GTX 3070 64G ram. Would appreciate it if you could shed some light. Thanks.
    If you need assistance, please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133&direct=1
  • The plugin is not working & sometimes when it works it takes more than one hour to render 5 sec clip. plz help me with this.
  • Hi is there a way to install this without running the application? Almost all plugins I can just drop into the plugin directory.

Happy to pay just work for an organisation that does not allow foreign installs.
  • I keep getting crash when I launch my project with Mask Prompter inside.. I'm lost on what to do
  • The plugin is not working & sometimes when it works it takes more than one hour to render 5 sec clip. plz help me with this.
    Hey,
  • I keep getting crash when I launch my project with Mask Prompter inside.. I'm lost on what to do
    Please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133&direct=1
  • The GPU version is super unstable. It is a great plugin, but almost unusable.
    Working on a i7 3080 desktop

Really hoping this will be improved because when this will work properly it's a game changer for sure.
  • The GPU version is super unstable. It is a great plugin, but almost unusable.
    Working on a i7 3080 desktop

Really hoping this will be improved because when this will work properly it's a game changer for sure.
    Hey Thom,
    can you please open a ticket so we can try to solve this instability? Thank you.
  • don't waste your money on this in editor it works for 2, 3 frames but it will glitch and even if u render it's glitching the video
  • don't waste your money on this in editor it works for 2, 3 frames but it will glitch and even if u render it's glitching the video
    Hey Rabie,
    can you please open a support ticket for this issue?
  • Positive review!

I was working on a project where I hand roto'd/key'd 18 x 1 second 4k shots of dancing people on creased greenscreen that didn't reach the floor and it took me all day.  some of the people were spinning with flowy dresses etc, quite complex.  The client wanted to extend every shot 3s for another purpose, so now 54 seconds of 4k footage -  I bought this plugin yesterday and it tore through this in like, an hour.  It was so easy, fun to use and worked like a charm.  Added a Keylight instance just to clean up any green in motion blur areas - amazing!

I just got a new computer, specs were i7 13700F 32GB RAM with GTX 4070 (12GB).  I exported the final 8192x1200 video (for a 4 projector display), using no proxies and 4 videos on screen at any one time - render time was about 15 minutes ... I'm really loving this plugin, thank you!
  • I've had a lot of success with this so far. Honestly a lifesaver for the project I'm working on. It's not perfect, but with a little tweaking with other effects (Keylight, Key Cleaner), it works super well. Saw a couple of comments on the tut for this and here about speed when using the trial. Yes, after purchasing this, my workflow sped up exponentially. I also have my AE cache directed to another drive on my system, so head's up that this might also have helped my speed.
  • Hi, anyone knows if with a single license, I'll be able to install this both on my desktop and my laptop? (Only one machine is at use at a time)

• The plug-in is really good. It can save you a lot of time (depending on the shot). But be aware that it sometimes crashes badly and corrupt projects. My advice is to render the mattes as soon as you’re happy with it. And don’t throw a lot of instances on a big project where all your work is done. That’s a recipe for disaster.
  • Hi, Blace, Is there any chance that it will work for after effects 2020 or 2021 for mac? I can no longer upgrade the operating system and can only use After Effects 2020 or 2021. it's very sad, and I can't buy another mac. 
  • I finally got the trial versions of all of the BLACE Plugins to work on my system. I tried contacting the author of the plugins for help, but their suggestions didn't work. Turns out, for some reason to get these plugins to download and install, I needed to download and install them while not being connected to my router via ethernet cable. lol I have no idea why that is, but it worked and I got the plugins to install! 

Now here is the biggest caveat for these plugins, If you aren't running a super high end NVIDIA GPU'd system, this plugin runs EXTREMELY slow. My system specs are below  - 

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS

Corsair VENGEANCE LPX DDR4 64GB (2x32GB)

MSI GTX 1660 VENTUS XS 6G OC

This is definitely not a beastly build, its more mid tier than anything, and my system CHUGS when running the calculations for these plugins, with Mask Prompter being the absolute slowest. It takes my system 15 mins to preview 5 frames of 4K footage. I've heard of other peoples systems taking more or less the same amount of time to preview as well. I've gone through the manual to see what settings I can change on my end to help performance but unfortunately those options really don't make the performance that much better. 

With that being said, If you have a Mid - High End Nvidia GPU'd System then you should be getting kinda better performance then just using the CPU version of this plugin. But even then, I really don't know how much faster your rendering speeds will be, as this is still a computationally expensive plugin. 

Conclusion - 

Buyers Beware, If you don't have a Nvidia GPU inside of your super computer, you will not have a fun time. 
  • Hi, Blace, Is there any chance that it will work for after effects 2020 or 2021 for mac? I can no longer upgrade the operating system and can only use After Effects 2020 or 2021. it's very sad, and I can't buy another mac. 
    Unfortunately this is not possible. 
  • Hi Blance, I was hoping that there will be a version that supports AMD Radeon R X GPU cards, CPU version is to slow, 
  • The rumor a paid version is working better than the trail version is not true...

• So whenever I install one of your plugins, it always requires me to delete unneeded Blace plugin files (per plugin/script)  (C:\Program Files\Blace Plugins) -

Some of these .dlls are generated by your other plugins. (mushrooms / Diffusion, etc). It seems like I can only ever have one of your plugins installed at a time. Is this the case or some kind of bug?

Im on an Nvidia GPU also
  • Another interesting phenomenon is that the "Backend & Performance" parameters are not there. When I select the drop down arrow no parameters rollout. so I'm unable to actively utilize the "GPU acceleration" function making it not worth using on the current project. This MIGHT also be an installation bug.

in trial mode But if I can get this working at proper speeds, I will 1000% purchase it.
  • Having a great time with it, big time saver as I'm doing a lot of sign replacement behind actors, very useful! My only complaints are that edges are still a struggle with some wobble every now and then so I'm not completely out of doing roto but we're talking 95 percent of the job being done already so very forgivable! The second complaint is that the GPU acceleration just isn't working, viciously unstable, and I had a Quadro RTX 8000 with 48GB of VRAM and we've had to default to a Geforce 2070 as the Quadro developed an issue recently and that Geforce difference didn't help and less VRAM, of course, didn't help either. My workflow is to duplicate my layer, apply the plugin to the top layer, immediately turn off GPU acceleration, turn the top layer off, track a point or link a mask or both depending on the shot, turn the plugin back on and link my mask layer if I haven't already, turn all other layers off and then render it out and re-import the result back in and simply disable the Mask Prompter layer and continue working with my new rendered top cutout layer, makes the job super easy! I'm working with a Ryzen Threadripper 64-core CPU with 256GB of RAM and it's not too bad to render out a shot but definitely more intensive than I would have thought but I can get multiple shots rendered out overnight and wake up to everything rendered just fine and half of the scene roto work basically done. Keep working on it and making it better, this plugin is a winner!
  • Hi. I created a ticket for Mask Prompter not loading. I just tried installing Goodbye Greenscreen trial as well and get the exact same error. The plugin was unable to load, please re-install. I've tried each one several times . I am assuming the error will be the same which is why I didn't create a ticket for GG. I am much more interested in Mask Prompter as it seems to do what I need better but I wanted to see if it was a single plugin issue or something else.

It doesn't install a dll into the installation folder and when running the dependency checker it errors out trying to find it
  • Hello. I need help uninstalling the trial. I downloaded it directly from the site (learned about the manager application *after,* unfortunately) & installed it via the .pkg (macOS). I need to remove the plugin for various reasons, however I am unable to find it at all.
    What do I do to remove this from After Effects??
  • My workspace viewer and renders all have these bars across them? How do I remove these?

Screenshot 2023-08-17 204604.png
    958 x 516 - 55K
  • My workspace viewer and renders all have these bars across them? How do I remove these?

You need to buy and register a license.
  • Matt Wood said:
    Hi. I created a ticket for Mask Prompter not loading. I just tried installing Goodbye Greenscreen trial as well and get the exact same error. The plugin was unable to load, please re-install. I've tried each one several times . I am assuming the error will be the same which is why I didn't create a ticket for GG. I am much more interested in Mask Prompter as it seems to do what I need better but I wanted to see if it was a single plugin issue or something else.

It doesn't install a dll into the installation folder and when running the dependency checker it errors out trying to find it
    Hey, we'll handle the ticket!
  • This plugin is an absolute game changer! I was actually looking for a piece of software to simplify matte painting and remove markers from an interview that had a huge amount of tracking markers. That's when Mask Prompter fell into my hands. It's amazing how precisely actors and objects can be separated from each other. This plugin deserves the title: Plugin of the Year! Made my day.
  • Fast mode! This gives good performance on weaker gpus and cpu only systems.

Meaning a worse roto quality? 

You make changes, add things but never say what they mean or what they do. You never update your docs on your site either. It doesn't take that long FFS

It's been like this with Goodbye Green Screen and others

• Mine is not woring it says . I tried to install it multiple times keep getting sameerror.
    Screenshot 2023-08-27 at 15.11.44.png
    974 x 174 - 30K
  • Mine is not woring it says . I tried to install it multiple times keep getting sameerror.
    Please remove the MaskPrompter.plugin file from /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore.
    Run the installer afterwards again, the problem should be fixed now.
  • HelloCan you help me? Mask Prompter is not available.

I have problem  “After Effects error 25::3 and 48::72”

I'm actually using an MacBook Pro 

Apple M1 Pro, 32 GB, macOS Monterey 12.0.1

Adobe After Effects 2023

Adobe After Effects (Beta)

• What's detailed matte mode, exactly?
  • Hello. I have an error in After effects 2022. error code 25::3 

The previous installer seems to work fine but the latest have some error.

I tried re-installing the plugin but had no luck.
  • Hi, after installing, whenever I click on "activate" after effects crash. I'm using AE 2023.