Mask Prompter
  • No installer available?
  • No installer available?
    The links should work now :)
  • I just tried using the demo, I've got an Nvidia graphics card so I used the nvidia version, but I'm getting crazy green graphic artifacting on every export I do. Using the non-nvidia optimized version seems to not create this artifacts, but the export time is so abysmally slow that it's not really an option. 

Attached are images of what I'm referring to. 

I have 32 gb of ram, a GTX 3090, and an Intel Corei9 13900k. Am I lacking sufficient ram to run this program efficiently? Any tips to avoid these artifacts? I'd definitely purchase the program if I could confirm that it would run without issue.
    Screenshot 2023-05-25 164744.png
    1752 x 975 - 3M
    Screenshot 2023-05-25 164825.png
    1750 x 972 - 2M
  • is there a tutorial?
  • Is the Mac version for M1 and M2 only? This doesn't seem to work on a 2020 iMac. 10 core i9, 64gb ram and AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16gb. OS Monterey 12.6.5
  • Hello! How you doing? So this doesn´t create a mask right? Like i can't transform the effect in a mask that can be used in a computer that doesn´t have the plugin Right?
    Thank you!!
  • Hello,

After adding a mask or a point to a clip AE crashes completely!? I use a 2020 iMac. I guess it's not compatible?

regards
  • im using my new m1 ultra studio. After applying points, boxes and negative points, nothing happens. I dont think this plugin is working and there is no tutorial either.
  • What are the graphics cards that you recommend for this plugin?
  • I just tried using the demo, I've got an Nvidia graphics card so I used the nvidia version, but I'm getting crazy green graphic artifacting on every export I do. Using the non-nvidia optimized version seems to not create this artifacts, but the export time is so abysmally slow that it's not really an option. 

Attached are images of what I'm referring to. 

I have 32 gb of ram, a GTX 3090, and an Intel Corei9 13900k. Am I lacking sufficient ram to run this program efficiently? Any tips to avoid these artifacts? I'd definitely purchase the program if I could confirm that it would run without issue.
    Hey Jack, the results are definitely wrong. Can you please open a support ticket and send the project file over? That would help a lot :) https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133
  • is there a tutorial?
    Not yet, but you can find the documentation here: https://docs.blaceplugins.com/mask-prompter.html
  • Is the Mac version for M1 and M2 only? This doesn't seem to work on a 2020 iMac. 10 core i9, 64gb ram and AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16gb. OS Monterey 12.6.5
    What error do you get? It should work on your machine too, but might be slow due to missing hardware acceleration.
  • Hello! How you doing? So this doesn´t create a mask right? Like i can't transform the effect in a mask that can be used in a computer that doesn´t have the plugin Right?
    Thank you!!
    I am good, hope you are too! Exactly, it output a black-white matte or the alpha channel.
  • Hello,

After adding a mask or a point to a clip AE crashes completely!? I use a 2020 iMac. I guess it's not compatible?

regards
    Hey Oliver, can you please open a support ticket. It should work without crashing: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133
  • hui yuen said:
    im using my new m1 ultra studio. After applying points, boxes and negative points, nothing happens. I dont think this plugin is working and there is no tutorial either.
    Hey, there is no tutorial yet but you can find the documentation here: https://docs.blaceplugins.com/mask-prompter.html The plugins initialization might take a few seconds after being applied. If it doesn't, please open a support ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133
  • What are the graphics cards that you recommend for this plugin?
    NVidia 2xxx or newer with 8GB (or more) of VRam :) But you should get decent performance on M1/M2 macs too and newer cpu (but probably not fully interactive).
  • I got excited when I saw this, I downloaded the trial version (M1 pro, 64Gb) and it doesn't work at all. It freezes, doesn't mask anything, documentation is everything but useful. Once you apply the effect, create a mask, assign it, etc it does nothing, but your video won't even play after that point. Asking money for something this useless and untested is a shame. 
  • "Mask Prompter is a useful tool for creating and managing prompts in various applications. With its intuitive interface and customizable options,it simplifies the process of gathering user input while ensuring data consistency. Boost efficiency and enhance user experience by leveraging the power of Mask Prompter." https://ffstylishname.com

• GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB of Memory It's enough?

Blace Plugins said: Jesus De Nova said: What are the graphics cards that you recommend for this plugin?
    NVidia 2xxx or newer with 8GB (or more) of VRam :) But you should get decent performance on M1/M2 macs too and newer cpu (but probably not fully interactive).

• I got excited when I saw this, I downloaded the trial version (M1 pro, 64Gb) and it doesn't work at all. It freezes, doesn't mask anything, documentation is everything but useful. Once you apply the effect, create a mask, assign it, etc it does nothing, but your video won't even play after that point. Asking money for something this useless and untested is a shame. 
    Hey Dorian, it is tested on M1 so it should work. Please open a ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133
  • GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB of Memory It's enough?

Blace Plugins said:
    Jesus De Nova said: What are the graphics cards that you recommend for this plugin?

Yes!!!
  • gtx 1080ti is running it very well just fyi to anyone with old stuff. the raw windows version worked but was horribly slow.

GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB of Memory It's enough?

Blace Plugins said:
    Jesus De Nova said:
    What are the graphics cards that you recommend for this plugin?

Yes!!!
  • lassoing the "points" to a motion tracker makes this a wonderful albeit slightly messier alternative to rotobrushing. if using the nvidia GPU version at least it's a lot faster and you can mask multiple subjects in the same layer of footage. Rotoscoping multiple subjects used to mean inception levels of precompositions for me.
  • I'm very Interested in this new Blace release, I have Goodbye Greenscreen and Depth Scanner which are both great (Although VERY system hungry) Can I ask before I buy however, how is Mask Prompter DIFFERENT to Goodbye greenscreen.? Both tools are focused around extracting objects in frame from the background but what sets them apart.? Are they different implimentations of the same underlying code/AI or is Mask tracker a totally different kind of tool. This isn't in anyway a criticism I am a big fan of Blace tools I'm just curious before I invest in this tool to know that I'm not doubling up on my toolset (playing with the demo now)
  • I'm very Interested in this new Blace release, I have Goodbye Greenscreen and Depth Scanner which are both great (Although VERY system hungry) Can I ask before I buy however, how is Mask Prompter DIFFERENT to Goodbye greenscreen.? Both tools are focused around extracting objects in frame from the background but what sets them apart.? Are they different implimentations of the same underlying code/AI or is Mask tracker a totally different kind of tool. This isn't in anyway a criticism I am a big fan of Blace tools I'm just curious before I invest in this tool to know that I'm not doubling up on my toolset (playing with the demo now)
    Hey Tom, the differece is that Goodbye Greenscreen will detect salient objects in the image (especially focused on humans) without any further user guidance. Mask Prompter in contrast requires the user to set certain hints (like points or rectangles) to specify the objects to key. This requires a bit more effort but gives much better control over object selection.
  • As with some other Blace plugins I've tried, it won't install. Fails with "Hash retrieval failed for file C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\MaskPrompter\VC_redist.x64.exe". The file is in there, and "allow everything for me and everyone else" permissions are set for 
    the whole Mediacore folder and below. 

The Local Diffusion plugin did get further than this, as it managed to fully install along with the models, but it didn't work once loaded.
    Depth Scanner does the same as Mask Prompter; it fails at the Visual C thing, maybe the installer assumes I don't already have Visual C,
    and has no failsafe to bypass its installation (just guessing).

Goodbye Greenscreen is the only one that installed and worked properly.

In case it matters, this is on Windows 10, Intel 9900K with 128Gb RAM and nvidia 2080ti.
  • As with some other Blace plugins I've tried, it won't install. Fails with "Hash retrieval failed for file C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\MaskPrompter\VC_redist.x64.exe". The file is in there, and "allow everything for me and everyone else" permissions are set for 
    the whole Mediacore folder and below. 

The Local Diffusion plugin did get further than this, as it managed to fully install along with the models, but it didn't work once loaded.
    Depth Scanner does the same as Mask Prompter; it fails at the Visual C thing, maybe the installer assumes I don't already have Visual C,
    and has no failsafe to bypass its installation (just guessing).

Goodbye Greenscreen is the only one that installed and worked properly.

In case it matters, this is on Windows 10, Intel 9900K with 128Gb RAM and nvidia 2080ti.
    Hey Mark, can you please delete the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\MaskPrompter folder and try again to install? If it still fails, please open a ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133

• Hey Mark, can you please delete the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\MaskPrompter folder and try again to install? If it still fails, please open a ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133

Thanks. I tried that before posting, and have just tried with the 1.02 update but it's still the same. I can't be bothered with opening a ticket as R&D is above my pay grade; just letting you know. I bought Goodbye Greenscreen and like it. I'd have bought your other ones if they worked immediately without causing hassle.

• FYI doesn't work on iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB 128 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 AE '22

No errors, it just doesn't do anything and locks up the layer from playing. 
  • Same. Ae 2023 on 2020 iMac OS 13.4 - does nothing and locks up playback (at least in the trial version)
    What error do you get? It should work on your machine too, but might be slow due to missing hardware acceleration.
    I didn't get an error message. Nothing happened when I applied Mask Prompter. I waited for a couple of minutes because I thought my machine might be slow, but nothing happened. I had a very short clip of a car driving across a desert, nothing complicated in the clip, just sand and a car. I selected the car, per your instruction manual, and waited. It seemed to lock up After Effects and I had to force quit. Maybe I didn't wait long enough?
  • Definitely not as good as the examples. I found it at least as good as rotobrush but more difficult to refine. With good lighting and no movement in the background, it rocks. When the edges become less defined like a similar bkgd color crosses an edge it's libel to mess things up. This is of course an issue for any key-based cutout. I see a place for this in my workflow. It's not quite a replacement for more traditional Mocha/Silhouette rotowork. Not yet.
  • I would love to test the plugin before buying but I can't find the trial version.
  • Is there a plan to make this as equally efficient as Goodbye Greenscreen and Depth Scanner on Intel Macs? My Mac Pro runs both of those in a very reasonable amount of time, but this one can take up to 2 minutes per frame. Is this an issue of not being optimized for AMD GPUs, and those other two plug-ins are optimized for that?

• Hey Mark, can you please delete the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\MaskPrompter folder and try again to install? If it still fails, please open a ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133

Thanks. I tried that before posting, and have just tried with the 1.02 update but it's still the same. I can't be bothered with opening a ticket as R&D is above my pay grade; just letting you know. I bought Goodbye Greenscreen and like it. I'd have bought your other ones if they worked immediately without causing hassle.

Understood, if you want to try to solve this in the future we are happy to help you.
  • FYI doesn't work on iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB 128 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 AE '22

No errors, it just doesn't do anything and locks up the layer from playing. 
    Hey Stephen,
    especially the first invocation might take some time, up to a minute. If you still don't see any progress, please open a ticket and send over the log files.
  • I would love to test the plugin before buying but I can't find the trial version.
    There is a green "Try" button on the product page.
  • Is there a plan to make this as equally efficient as Goodbye Greenscreen and Depth Scanner on Intel Macs? My Mac Pro runs both of those in a very reasonable amount of time, but this one can take up to 2 minutes per frame. Is this an issue of not being optimized for AMD GPUs, and those other two plug-ins are optimized for that?
    Hey Craig, the underlying ai is quite different from the ones used in Goodbye Greenscreen and Depth Scanner. However, 2 minutes per frame seems wrong. If you want please open a bug ticket and we will try to figure out why it is taking so long in your case. https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133
  • We have just added experimental hardware acceleration for Macs running macOS 12.3 or later with AMD GPUs. Hardware acceleration on Silicon Macs (M1/M2) is already supported.
  • I purchased this product today and I also own Goodbye Greenscreen by the same company. Both products in my view are wonderful ideas, yet both are in their infancy. There is a good reason why huge, cashed up companies such as Boris FX and Topaz Labs do not market largely automated rotoscope tools: they are frail and buggy. 

As a digital artist who is always looking for ways to ease the post production burden, I am nonetheless aware when products appear to be too good to be true this is usually the case. At the moment Mask Prompter and Goodbye Greenscreen strike me as intriguing novelties, but of little use to artists wishing to create consistent, high level rotoscoped video. 
  • Thanks for implementing this into a AE plugin! Works on a MacBook Air M2.

Wish: Could you add a invert matte option? Thanks
  • I purchased this product today and I also own Goodbye Greenscreen by the same company. Both products in my view are wonderful ideas, yet both are in their infancy. There is a good reason why huge, cashed up companies such as Boris FX and Topaz Labs do not market largely automated rotoscope tools: they are frail and buggy. 

As a digital artist who is always looking for ways to ease the post production burden, I am nonetheless aware when products appear to be too good to be true this is usually the case. At the moment Mask Prompter and Goodbye Greenscreen strike me as intriguing novelties, but of little use to artists wishing to create consistent, high level rotoscoped video. 
    Hey Peter,
    thank you for the detailed review. Even with our solutions there will be many cases where you still depend on manual / more elaborated tools. We are aiming at the cases where having a fast and automated key is prefered over much more manual work. If you got ideas about how to make the workflow with our plugins more suited for your use cases feel free to reach out :)
  • I bought Mask Prompter but when I try and use it, first I get a large blue cross through the footage and then when the mask prompter works (only ever on one frame) there are large yellow cross through the footage. I'm sure I' doing something wrong somewhere along the line, but I can't figure it out. 

Any tips would be great

• I would like to see if you can release this for AE CS6. I dropped my creative cloud subscription almost a year ago. Each “upgrade” of After Effects and Premiere are so buggy that I wouldn’t be able to tell if it is AE or the plugin that is at fault in the event of a crash. Furthermore, the subscription model made me switch to DaVinci Reaolve.
  • I bought Mask Prompter but when I try and use it, first I get a large blue cross through the footage and then when the mask prompter works (only ever on one frame) there are large yellow cross through the footage. I'm sure I' doing something wrong somewhere along the line, but I can't figure it out. 

Any tips would be great

Hey, you need to register the plugin: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-register-plugins/
    Regarding the instabilities, please open a ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133
  • I would like to see if you can release this for AE CS6. I dropped my creative cloud subscription almost a year ago. Each “upgrade” of After Effects and Premiere are so buggy that I wouldn’t be able to tell if it is AE or the plugin that is at fault in the event of a crash. Furthermore, the subscription model made me switch to DaVinci Reaolve.
    Hey, sadly this won't be possible for several rechnical reasons.

Any tips would be great

Hey, you need to register the plugin: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-register-plugins/
    Regarding the instabilities, please open a ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133
    Brill thank you, I knew I was doing something wrong 
    Hey Craig, the underlying ai is quite different from the ones used in Goodbye Greenscreen and Depth Scanner. However, 2 minutes per frame seems wrong. If you want please open a bug ticket and we will try to figure out why it is taking so long in your case. https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133
    Sorry for the delayed response - whatever the issue was looks like it has been corrected in the most recent version of the plugin! It's very much useable now. Thank you!
  • If I want to buy a floating license to use for my team, do I need to buy the server and the license or is it priced per license?
  • Hi, I got the following error with the NVIDIA version (I have a Quadro RTX 5000) - After Effects error: This effect cannot be applied because it cannot be initialized. Try reinstalling or contacting the plug-in developer. (25 :: 3).

Any idea on why it won't even initialize? This is happening in After Effects 23.1.0 running on Windows 10.