Mask Prompter
  • Blace Plugins, recently I raised an issue with regards to none of your three plugins working in After Effects on my Mac Pro 2019. Seeking your assistance on this matter I took out a support ticket and supplied logs, as requested. Your recent reply read as somewhat glib, "Close as duplicate". This was followed by you closing this case without my confirmation that I had understood your message, and acted on it.

I realise customer support can be a trial for both customer and vendor. However it is essential. Can you be a little more expansive and indicate precisely what I need to do to remedy the current running fault with your plugins?

Thank you. Peter S
    Hey Peter, sorry, that was bad communication from our side. We closed it because you had another ticket open and it is easier to have all information in one place. Next time we'll make sure to explain it better. :)
  • Good afternoon everyone. I would like to once again thank the developers for useful software products! I create incredible special effects thanks to your plugins.
    From my experience I can draw a conclusion. If you want to work professionally with graphics without problems and nerves, then use the Wondows operating system, Intel processors and Nvidia video cards. This is not an advertisement, but an experience of use.
  • Do 16bit comps work yet?
  • Do 16bit comps work yet?
    Hey, we are currently undergoing a big rewrite of some core components of our plugins. This will hopefully be solved on the way. Stay tuned for the update :)
  • Hi
    Please test with 8K videos, and vrcomp editor test need, so mush crash happening when these resolutions usage. you can make an update i think
  • Hi
    Please test with 8K videos, and vrcomp editor test need, so mush crash happening when these resolutions usage. you can make an update i think
    Hey, if you experience a crash, please open a bug report here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
    By fixing this bug we will likely improve the experience working with 8k :)
  • How do consumers of products from this site receive not just value for money, but truthfulness in advertising? I own Goodbye Greenscreen, Mask Prompter and Depth Matte by Blace Plugins. Each one of these products promises much yet lack robust, reliable, professional quality performance. 

I have no idea what the criteria is for selling scripts and plugins on this site. In any event, if the best thing participating developers can do is respond by requesting their buyers take out a support ticket, or update the product, then something is wrong. I expect (and receive) first rate performance from motion and still graphic products produced by Boris FX, ReVision FX, Topaz Labs, Neat Video etc. And I see no reason why products sold on this site should not equally "just work". In my experience Blace Plugins' products do not work as their advertising suggests. 
  • Hi - has anyone had success exporting a 4k sequence with any model? I like the crisp result of this model but it crashes about 150 frames into any export. I'm on a M2 Max 64GB Macbook Pro, so I feel like I should have the horsepower to run the model, but I'm not sure.I get the error that the model crashed without any further detail. It says likely to limited ram/vram. Is that the case? do I really need that much more RAM? 
  • Crispen Stanbach,

I do not think the issue is with your horse power. I am working on a Mac Pro 2019,16 core Intel Xeon Processor, AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB Graphics, 96 GB Memory, Sonoma 14.5, After Effects 2024. In the time I have used Mask Prompter I have never been able to export targeted areas of a 4K clip on alpha channel. In fact, regardless of tweaking the parameters, installing updates and dealing with the developer via this site's support ticketing, this plugin invariably crashes After Effects or gives up the ghost rendering mid clip.

My criticism of Mask Prompter and the equally flakey Goodbye Greenscreen, is these plugins do not deliver what their advertising suggests. Moreover, Blace Plugins' Depth Scanner seems incapable of producing greyscale depth masks without manic flickering. It is not acceptable customers should be expected to spend hours re-grading and attempting to de-flicker Depth Scanner's renders. This plugin, like all others sold on this site should simply work well.

This brings me to my last point. I question aescripts + aeplugins continued support of any product on their site that doesn't work as claimed. Agencies or marketing arms of products establish and maintain good reputations by guaranteeing the products they sell, not by turning a blind eye to faulted products in their catalogue.   

• This brings me to my last point. I question aescripts + aeplugins continued support of any product on their site that doesn't work as claimed. Agencies or marketing arms of products establish and maintain good reputations by guaranteeing the products they sell, not by turning a blind eye to faulted products in their catalogue.   
    It's unfortunate you have had a bad experience but please don't assume that this is something that is affecting every user. 

We pride ourselves on having a highly curated site and our success is a reflection of this.  Also don't forget that some of these plugins are pretty cutting edge using the latest technology and drivers from GPU manufacturers that are out of our control.  

We can see that you have opened many support tickets and we have provided support and solutions via those tickets so we appreciate you using the ticket system vs this forum as that is the best way to receive support for our products.
  • Can you make a remove object tutorial video, there is no like this and remove object with content aware how? Waiting for your news.
  • Mr Alvarez,

Branding does not interest me, only product accountability. I believe I can assume certain things about this and other products sold on aescripts + aeplugins site. To arrive at an objective position on IT products I have purchased I do not just evaluate a product's performance on my computer, I read consumer's comments on this and other forums. 

As I indicated in a recent email to you my experience of Blace Plugins' "Goodbye Greenscreen", "Mask Prompter" and "Depth Scanner", is such that only "Depth Scanner" seems effective, and then it comes with unwanted flickering. Indeed, all three plugins' promise much yet do not deliver the ease, accuracy and stability as conveyed in their publicity. You are correct in saying Blace Plugins and other developers have responded to my support tickets. However, you should not equate certain support with workable, lasting solutions. This has been lacking.

• Can you make a remove object tutorial video, there is no like this and remove object with content aware how? Waiting for your news.
    Hey, thank you for the inspiration. At the moment something like this is not possible with Mask Prompter since content aware fill needs an mask. We will think about a solution and post it publicly if we figure something out. Stay tuned!
    Hey, thank you for the inspiration. At the moment something like this is not possible with Mask Prompter since content aware fill needs an mask. We will think about a solution and post it publicly if we figure something out. Stay tuned!
    It will be cool function for users because your plugin will mostly use for this function remove unvanted objects
  • Any plans to bring this to Premiere?
  • Any plans to bring this to Premiere?
    Hey Sven, since Premiere Pro is lacking several needed features UI wise we don't have plans at the moment for this.
  • When I use Mask Prompter 2, the after effects immediately crashes. https://postimg.cc/jW9JggBg

i9 - 14k
    rtx4090
    64ram
  • When I use Mask Prompter 2, the after effects immediately crashes. https://postimg.cc/jW9JggBg

i9 - 14k
    rtx4090
    64ram
    Hey, we fixed a bug in the latest version, are you already using it? If the error persists, please open a ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • So works great in timeline using Sam 2 models and text prompt. 4070 12gb, 64gb ram, AM5.

Pretty unstable during render though sadly. Need to restart a few times to get a full image sequence out without it hanging during render. Keep tweaking that side and it’s an absolute winner, the masking will be a huge time saver.
  • So works great in timeline using Sam 2 models and text prompt. 4070 12gb, 64gb ram, AM5. Pretty unstable during render though sadly. Need to restart a few times to get a full image sequence out without it hanging during render. Keep tweaking that side and it’s an absolute winner, the masking will be a huge time saver.
    Update. This is totally bizarre. I had a lot of crashing going on so decided to turn to software only renderer in project settings. 

Now Mask Prompter 2 works great! If I make a lot of quick changes to the Matte Refinement filter width it still hangs a bit, but if I go back into project settings and change between software, CUDA and back to software again it springs back into life.

So happy I've found a workaround now even though maybe my 4070 CUDA isn't supported properly yet or something.

For anyone else having issues....Try software rendering in the After Effects settings. YMMV.
  • So works great in timeline using Sam 2 models and text prompt. 4070 12gb, 64gb ram, AM5. Pretty unstable during render though sadly. Need to restart a few times to get a full image sequence out without it hanging during render. Keep tweaking that side and it’s an absolute winner, the masking will be a huge time saver.
    Update. This is totally bizarre. I had a lot of crashing going on so decided to turn to software only renderer in project settings. 

Now Mask Prompter 2 works great! If I make a lot of quick changes to the Matte Refinement filter width it still hangs a bit, but if I go back into project settings and change between software, CUDA and back to software again it springs back into life.

So happy I've found a workaround now even though maybe my 4070 CUDA isn't supported properly yet or something.

For anyone else having issues....Try software rendering in the After Effects settings. YMMV.
    That's a great and important find, we will look into it! Thanks for reporting it :)

That's a great and important find, we will look into it! Thanks for reporting it :)
    No worries. Actually my quad core Intel and mobile 3060 laptop works super-stable with Mask Prompter 2, so I use that for mattes even though its technically slower than my desktop 4070 computer! Very weird :D