Mask Prompter
  • I updated and installed this to the newest version, and now it's not working...
  • It crashes AE 2023 every time
  • Does not work on a mac , keep getting the "this effect cannot be applied because it cannot be initialized " after effects error . . .
  • Support said there's an update made couple days ago to fix bug issues in the "try" option of the product page... anyone know if this is the case ??

For me, having both Mask prompter AI and Local diffusion created some AEP file Issues where the most recent installation cancels out the other making any previous AEP projects using one of the two unable to open.

• Hey all,
    the bugs stated below should be fixed in the latest version!
  • Mask Prompter v1.0 and Depth Scanner v1.7.2 conflict with each other. That is, if you applied one of these plugins, then removed and applied another, then an error message pops up: "This effect cannot be initialized. Try reinstalling or contacting the plugin developer. (25::3)" I do not use newer ones versions, because they create a "Blace Plugins" folder in the Program files folder, which is 3GB in size. Perhaps even with the latest versions, the conflict will remain. I didn't test
  • Hey all,
    the bugs stated below should be fixed in the latest version!
    Nope stil lthe unzipping error of VC_redist.x64.exe during the install right at the start. What a weird one. The funniest thing the files does unzip to the temp folder.

• Hey having that conflict issue too today after updating.
    I tried separating the MaskPrompt and DepthScan folders in program files/blaceplugins.
    No dice.
  • Hey having that conflict issue too today after updating.
    I tried separating the MaskPrompt and DepthScan folders in program files/blaceplugins.
    No dice.
    Hey,
    please don't move the folder manually as it will corrupt the installation. That said, we are investigating an issue where same-time usage of our plugins leads to a crash. Please stay tuned for an update.
  • Hello! I downloaded the trial version. 
    The masks highlight everything great, but when I try to render I get errors. 
    My laptop is i7 , geforce 1070 8gb vram, 32 gb ram

Here they are at the link below. what could be the problem? is my system too weak for this plugin?

imageimage
  • Hi, I would need silent install arguments for deployment usage. I noticed /S works but it still gives some dialogs where user needs to interact. Something about deleting folder ( don't remember exact message ) Also want option to set NVIDIA acceleration. Can we get list of arguments what can be used?
  • Bought this product in june'23. it only closes after effects when applying the effect on a 4k layer...that's it. 
    (System configuration: rysen 9 5650X, 64GB ram, nvidia RTX quadro A4000, saperate SSD for OS, project files and cashe files.)
  • jay kotak said:
    Bought this product in june'23. it only closes after effects when applying the effect on a 4k layer...that's it. 
    (System configuration: rysen 9 5650X, 64GB ram, nvidia RTX quadro A4000, saperate SSD for OS, project files and cashe files.)
    Please open a bug ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133
  • Hi, I would need silent install arguments for deployment usage. I noticed /S works but it still gives some dialogs where user needs to interact. Something about deleting folder ( don't remember exact message ) Also want option to set NVIDIA acceleration. Can we get list of arguments what can be used?
    Hey, we have this on our task list, unfortunately at the moment it is not possible. Please subscribe to future updates, we will note this in the changelog.
  • Trying to get this work with my after effects 2023 on Mac and doesn work keep getting error.  it says : After Effect Error:  Model file was not found. This means the installation is probably faulty. Please open support ticket. (516) ( 25 :: 241 )
    Can someone help me with this i have installed the new version too.

• Trying to get this work with my after effects 2023 on Mac and doesn work keep getting error.  it says : After Effect Error:  Model file was not found. This means the installation is probably faulty. Please open support ticket. (516) ( 25 :: 241 )
    Can someone help me with this i have installed the new version too.

Hey,
    please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133
  • Feels like a half baked plugin. Not a valid replacement for traditional rotoscope techniques.  Also slows the computer down and software has crashed several times.
  • Feels like a half baked plugin. Not a valid replacement for traditional rotoscope techniques.  Also slows the computer down and software has crashed several times.
    Hey Jake,
    thanks for your input. There are indeed many cases where an ai-based solution cannot compete with traditional rotoscoping results (yet ;)). On the other side there are many scenarios where a much quicker ai mask is sufficient.

Regarding crashes, please open a ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133

We are working hard to improve the stability.
  • no one of all of your latest plugins doesn't work on windows with radeon video cards. first versions worked
  • After latest update mask prompter seems to have broken, such a shame :(
  • No es adecuado para trabajo profesional, para archivos de 4k, bloquea el after y lo cierra, trabajando en un pc con 2 Geforce RTX 3070 y 64gb en ram 
  • no one of all of your latest plugins doesn't work on windows with radeon video cards. first versions worked
    Hey,
    you still can run the installer without the gpu checkbox, this will install the cpu version that runs with Radeon cards.
  • After latest update mask prompter seems to have broken, such a shame :(
  • The newest Text based Prompt layer is insanely slow on version 1.10.6
    I feel like it was faster on the first version 1.10.1. You cant really preview the mask because of the slow speed. I am hoping something in the update made it laggy otherwise I love the plugin!!!
  • Whilst always showing promise, the latest version of Mask Prompter still seems unstable. I work in 2K and 4K video and regardless of file sizes or clip length this plugin appears sporadically to crash After Effects 2023, and force the computer to shutdown and restart. 
  • when i use it ,i enable gpu ,my ae crashed
  • alex lu said:
    when i use it ,i enable gpu ,my ae crashed

Whilst always showing promise, the latest version of Mask Prompter still seems unstable. I work in 2K and 4K video and regardless of file sizes or clip length this plugin appears sporadically to crash After Effects 2023, and force the computer to shutdown and restart. 

The newest Text based Prompt layer is insanely slow on version 1.10.6
    I feel like it was faster on the first version 1.10.1. You cant really preview the mask because of the slow speed. I am hoping something in the update made it laggy otherwise I love the plugin!!!
  • Recently bought Mask Prompter and loving it so far.

I have a couple of quick question.

1. How to increase number of AI samples?
    2. If it doesn't already exist, can we utilize negative text prompts?

Thanks for the amazing plugin!
  • Recently bought Mask Prompter and loving it so far.

I have a couple of quick question.

1. How to increase number of AI samples?
    2. If it doesn't already exist, can we utilize negative text prompts?

Thanks for the amazing plugin!
    Hey Jerome, 
    thanks for your feedback! Negative text prompts cannot be supported unfortunately but you can try to add negative points to exclude objects.
    There is no option to increase ai samples at the moment but we'll look into it!
  • Hey!:)

On my Windows 10\AE2020\AE2023 I tried Mask Prompter 1.10.9, installation all was done, but:
    AE 2023: if applying MP on any footage I got error: This effect cannot be applied because it cannot be initialized. Try reinstalling or contacting the plugin developer. (25::3)

AE 2023: if applying MP on any footage I got error: This After Effects error: invalid filter (25::3)
  • Mj Nooker said:
    Hey!:)

On my Windows 10\AE2020\AE2023 I tried Mask Prompter 1.10.9, installation all was done, but:
    AE 2023: if applying MP on any footage I got error: This effect cannot be applied because it cannot be initialized. Try reinstalling or contacting the plugin developer. (25::3)

AE 2023: if applying MP on any footage I got error: This After Effects error: invalid filter (25::3)
    Hey,
  • Holy crap!  This plugin is amazing!  Running on a Mac Studio M2 Ultra and the performance and speed are stellar.  Amazing work. 
  • Hello i can't edit the text in "Write text here"
    I need some help please 
    Thanks
    I need some help please 
    Thanks
    You need to change the mask name. There is also a tutorial: 
  • The plugin doesn't work.
    When I launch it. First it doesn't appear in Effects tab.
    Second time, I have this crash:
    After Effects error: invalid filter (25::3)

Help.
    Thanks
  • Is this plugin also available for Mac?
  • The plugin doesn't work.
    When I launch it. First it doesn't appear in Effects tab.
    Second time, I have this crash:
    After Effects error: invalid filter (25::3)

Help.
    Thanks
    We fixed a bug today which caused the initialization to fail for some systems.
  • Is this plugin also available for Mac?
    Yes, of course!
    I need some help please 
    Thanks

You can Change the Mask Name by Selecting the Mask Name and then hitting "Enter" on your keyboard. Then change the name with a brief description of what you would like to Matte/Key.
  • Hi, AE 24.0.0 keeps crashing on this plugin. (Mac Studio M1 Max) 
    Is there something I can do to make it work? 
    Thanks! 
  • Hi, AE 24.0.0 keeps crashing on this plugin. (Mac Studio M1 Max) 
    Is there something I can do to make it work? 
    Thanks! 
    Hey Joost,
    please open a ticket, we'll solve it there: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133
  • Hi!

I'm not seeing the new "Text Prompts" twirl-down field in my Mask Prompter effect. I've made sure I downloaded the latest version shown in the AEScripts Installer app, AND checked it against what the latest version listed in my downloads is. Not sure what else to do.

Also finding that Text Prompter crashes After Effects *A LOT.* Like more or less any time I try to select anything more complicated than a cube or something like that. 
  • Hi!

I'm not seeing the new "Text Prompts" twirl-down field in my Mask Prompter effect. I've made sure I downloaded the latest version shown in the AEScripts Installer app, AND checked it against what the latest version listed in my downloads is. Not sure what else to do.

Also finding that Text Prompter crashes After Effects *A LOT.* Like more or less any time I try to select anything more complicated than a cube or something like that. 
    Hey Abraham, what version is listed in the manager? Please open a ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133
  • I tried using the latest version of Mask Prompter in After Effects 2023 on a 2017 iMac this morning using a mask and the screen just stays black. When I try to preview render it, I get a 'Model file was not found' error. See attached file. I tried reinstalling and no improvement. Hoping someone can help with this.
    Screenshot 2023-10-29 at 12.31.32 PM.png
    1038 x 294 - 63K
  • I tried using the latest version of Mask Prompter in After Effects 2023 on a 2017 iMac this morning using a mask and the screen just stays black. When I try to preview render it, I get a 'Model file was not found' error. See attached file. I tried reinstalling and no improvement. Hoping someone can help with this.
    Hey! Please open a ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133
  • Text Prompts don't appear. Also I I cannot use Mask Prompter on its best quality setting. When I try to select the MODEL MODE - DETAILED MATTE the plug in gives me a blank screen and an error message that says the AI model has failed, insufficient amount of RAM/VRAM etc. This is ridiculous. I am using a £9,000 Mac Studio M1 Ultra with 128 GB of RAM. This machine is a beast.
  • Text Prompts don't appear. Also I I cannot use Mask Prompter on its best quality setting. When I try to select the MODEL MODE - DETAILED MATTE the plug in gives me a blank screen and an error message that says the AI model has failed, insufficient amount of RAM/VRAM etc. This is ridiculous. I am using a £9,000 Mac Studio M1 Ultra with 128 GB of RAM. This machine is a beast.
    Hey Ian, please open a support ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133
  • At some point, the plugin became too slow - it was matting in seconds before, but with this update(plugin or Ae2024), I have to wait a few minutes to get a preview of a few tens of frames. 
    Hey,
    I saw you opened a ticket, will handle it there. :)
  • I downloaded the trail version. During the install, it tried to reboot my PC on its own without asking and then said it was going to delete some of my Premiere Pro Files if I continued with the reboot. I had to stop it. What is that all about? I read someone else having the same issue.  
  • John Long said:
    I downloaded the trail version. During the install, it tried to reboot my PC on its own without asking and then said it was going to delete some of my Premiere Pro Files if I continued with the reboot. I had to stop it. What is that all about? I read someone else having the same issue.  
    Hey,
    the rebooting is certainly an error, please open a bug ticket so we can investigate: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2133