• I tried to add a texture layer to one of the maps and it works great when there are no keyframes to zoom in and out of the map. When I zoom in though, the texture doesn't zoom with it. I tried to pick-whip to "GEOlayers_comp_1" which has the keyframes created by GEOlayers, but the texture layer stay stationary. Any ideas on how to make this work? Thanks.
  • Hey

are there more infos about the use/exploitation rights?

cheers
    Alex
  • I tried to add a texture layer to one of the maps and it works great when there are no keyframes to zoom in and out of the map. When I zoom in though, the texture doesn't zoom with it. I tried to pick-whip to "GEOlayers_comp_1" which has the keyframes created by GEOlayers, but the texture layer stay stationary. Any ideas on how to make this work? Thanks.

Hi Jacob, when you snap it to your mapcomp just use the overlay button, not the marker. Or have a look at the Effect Controls of your texture: There is a Property "Scale with Map" that you can check.

Hey

are there more infos about the use/exploitation rights?

cheers
    Alex

Hey Alex,

In General the TOUs of the map providers apply. For Details you should contact them. The default profiles geolayers comes with are usable free of charge as long as you attribute the map all the time you show it.

Best

Markus

• Hi Nico,

Sorry for bothering you again, I was waiting for your email with the new GeoLayers tryout version, you mentioned you will be sending me an email with a link.

Thanks.

MF
  • Hi Nico,

Sorry for bothering you again, I was waiting for your email with the new GeoLayers tryout version, you mentioned you will be sending me an email with a link.

Thanks.

MF

Hi Marco,

sent you a mail. Nico is busy at the moment.

Cheers

Markus

• Hey Markus/Nico,
    Thanks so much for the help so far! I'm working with the layers tab now and trying to figure that out...
    How do I auto-scale the Text that I've attached to my map using a Marker Label? For example, when I zoom in, I want to see the text, but when I zoom out wide, I don't. Is there a way to pick-whip so that it is automatic?
  • Hey Markus/Nico,
    Thanks so much for the help so far! I'm working with the layers tab now and trying to figure that out...
    How do I auto-scale the Text that I've attached to my map using a Marker Label? For example, when I zoom in, I want to see the text, but when I zoom out wide, I don't. Is there a way to pick-whip so that it is automatic?

Hey Jacob, either you use the Overlay button on the layers tab, or you check the "Scale with Map" property on the Marker layer.

Best

Markus

• Thanks Markus, works perfectly. Two more questions:
    1. Do you know where I can download more map API's? I'm specifically looking for vintage older maps and maps from different eras of time.
    2. How do I wrap the maps so that they repeat and I can reposition locations on either the left or the right in the center and I will be able to see the other side of the world connecting?
    Thank you!
  • Thanks Markus, works perfectly. Two more questions:
    1. Do you know where I can download more map API's? I'm specifically looking for vintage older maps and maps from different eras of time.
    2. How do I wrap the maps so that they repeat and I can reposition locations on either the left or the right in the center and I will be able to see the other side of the world connecting?

1. Ahm. You can have a look at thunderforests pioneer style:
    http://www.thunderforest.com/maps/pioneer/ ...more western though.
    And I think Mapbox has a Default style called "Pirates". the mapID/tile style is "mapbox.pirates".

To get data from earlier eras is very hard. I don't know sources myself. Guesss the need to be handmade.

2.This is not possible with the current version. It is possible with V2 but we don't have a release date yet. You can join the beta though. Send us a mail to [email protected] .

Best

Markus 

• Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to remove legend and road in Bing Map Road ? I want to keep the topography with the Bing Map Road style. 
    Or maybe with the thunderforest outside, but without names or roads.

Pierre
  • Pierre Be said:
    Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to remove legend and road in Bing Map Road ? I want to keep the topography with the Bing Map Road style. 
    Or maybe with the thunderforest outside, but without names or roads.

Pierre
    Hi Pierre,

this is not possible with Bing Maps but you can try http://maps.stamen.com. With stamen you can mix different layers and so it is possible to have a map without topography. Watch this video to understand the way it works https://youtu.be/8S_1GbsEu90. 
    Or try Mapbox studio. With Mapbox you can style your own maps. The next version of geolayers  (which is coming soon) is also able to handle the new Mapbox styles.

Cheers Nico  
  • Thanks Nico

I saw the tuto about to add google map, but it's possible to do that with google satellite ?

and the "URI Mask referenced" google link under the tuto doesn't work
  • Pierre Be said:
    Thanks Nico

I saw the tuto about to add google map, but it's possible to do that with google satellite ?

and the "URI Mask referenced" google link under the tuto doesn't work
    Hello Pierre,

please try the following URI:

Tilestyle: jpg

Cheers Nico

• Thank you Nico
  • Hey Markus,

Thanks for the great plugin.
    I'm currently trying to create a simple zoom from 0 -100 to a city in India.
    It's all working great until I reach about 75% of the zoom where tiles are missing?
    I have tried a few suggestions that you mention in the above posts but no luck as of yet.

I have attached two files for reference.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers mate.
    Rob
    Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 1.06.19 pm.png
    1049 x 595 - 986K
    Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 2.14.55 pm.png
    1168 x 778 - 756K
  • Hey Markus,

It's all working great until I reach about 75% of the zoom where tiles are missing?
    I have tried a few suggestions that you mention in the above posts but no luck as of yet.

Cheers mate.
    Rob
  • Sorry Markus,
    I also wanted to mention that I'm running Adobe After Effects CC 2014.2 release -Version 13.2.0.49 incase that helps with determining the problem.

I also don't see anything besides the Service provider and water mark for the following maps.
    • Mapquest - sat?
    • Map quest - map?
    • Mapbox - GEO layers?
    Thanks again.

Rob

• Last thing I promise.

I'm running OSX Yosemite Version 10.10.5.

Thanks

Rob
  • Hey Markus,

Cheers mate.
    Rob
    Hello Rob,

I think there is no better qualitycavailable. Could please send aus the coordinates or citynames? I'll check this.

Cheers nico

• Sorry Markus,
    I also wanted to mention that I'm running Adobe After Effects CC 2014.2 release -Version 13.2.0.49 incase that helps with determining the problem.

I also don't see anything besides the Service provider and water mark for the following maps.
    • Mapquest - sat?
    • Map quest - map?
    • Mapbox - GEO layers?
    Thanks again.

Rob

Hey Rob,

could you please send us a AE-project with this 3 imagery providers? I'll check the settings and the uri-mask.
    Cheers nico
  • Where can I find information about the copyrights of the maps (Google etc). I like GeoLayers, but I would like to know if I can use the maps in commercial productions.
  • Where can I find information about the copyrights of the maps (Google etc). I like GeoLayers, but I would like to know if I can use the maps in commercial productions.
    Hi Miika,

In each description of the server profile in the prefs there is a link to the TOUs of the prviders. I can tell you that you can use the default profiles that come with geolayers for productions as long as you attribute the maps while showing them. Google is not a default profile. But consider using bing if you want satellite imagery. Read their TOUs for broadcast here:

Best
    Markus
  • hi,
    is it possible to use bing map for broadcast in a tv station?

Pierre
  • Pierre Be said:

hi,

is it possible to use bing map for broadcast in a tv station?

Pierre
    Hello Pierre,
    Of course you can, but you have to read and respect the terms of use for broadcaster! https://www.microsoft.com/maps/product/broadcast-terms.html
    Cheers nico
  • thanks, it looks like I can use it. Very kind from them.

thank you
  • Hi Markus,

I've asked this before so I apologize–I've never been able to figure out how to add google earth as a server profile. I use bing for most everything but every once and a while there will be a location where the resolution gets funky. I'd like to try Google as an alternative. Can you explain this to me or direct me to a discussion that will explain it? Much thanks.
  • Hi Markus,

I've asked this before so I apologize–I've never been able to figure out how to add google earth as a server profile. I use bing for most everything but every once and a while there will be a location where the resolution gets funky. I'd like to try Google as an alternative. Can you explain this to me or direct me to a discussion that will explain it? Much thanks.
    Hi Lisa,

no worries! 
    1. So go to the prefs and add a new server profile.
    2. choose the Universal Api
    3. check "enable tile download"
    4. paste this URI Mask: http://mt0.google.com/vt/lyrs=s&x={{pX}}&y={{pY}}&z={{ZoomLevel}}
    5. finally choose file extension "JPG"
    ... and you should be good to go. Apply the prefs and assign the profile to a Mapcomp.

We're currently in the beta phase of GEOlayers 2. Send a mail to [email protected] if you want to help us testing. Adding server profiles is a lot easier now too;)

Best
    Markus
  • Hey Markus!
    I'm having trouble relinking projects when I change computers, all the tiles appear to be offline, even after I redownload them on the new computer. Any tips?
  • Hey Markus!

I'm having trouble relinking projects when I change computers, all the tiles appear to be offline, even after I redownload them on the new computer. Any tips?
    Hi Francisco,
    please try to delet the tiles-folder in your project And then try finalize again. Let me know if this works for you.
    Cheers
    Nico
  • Hi Francisco, please try to delet the tiles-folder in your project And then try finalize again. Let me know if this works for you. Cheers Nico
    Yes Nico, thanks! I had also forgotten to press the "populate" button when relinking. Cheers!
  • Hello, just purchased this and have watched all the tutorials. Great tool! Quick question. I want to draw a simple animated line from one point in the US to another in Europe. What is the simplest way to do this? 

I know how to do this with trim paths on a single image (like a zoomed in city map), but how can I accomplish this on a map that will move from one location in the center to another quite a bit of distance away? 
  • Hello, just purchased this and have watched all the tutorials. Great tool! Quick question. I want to draw a simple animated line from one point in the US to another in Europe. What is the simplest way to do this? 

I know how to do this with trim paths on a single image (like a zoomed in city map), but how can I accomplish this on a map that will move from one location in the center to another quite a bit of distance away? 
    Hello Michael,

I'm sorry to say, that this is not possible in this version of GEOlayers automatically. With the next version, coming up hopefully next month, there will be a function that draw lines between two or more cities automatically. The lines remain in their position, even if the position or zoom of the map will be changed. 

Cheers
    nico

Hello Michael,

I'm sorry to say, that this is not possible in this version of GEOlayers automatically. With the next version, coming up hopefully next month, there will be a function that draw lines between two or more cities automatically. The lines remain in their position, even if the position or zoom of the map will be changed. 

Cheers
    nico

I forgot to explain what you can do in the older version. You can draw your line or route in a shapelayer as you explain and snap it to the map comp. So you can change the position an zoom of your map. 
    • draw your line
    • go to the layers tab
    • use - geo overlay layer - to snap the shapelayer to the map
    Cheers
    Nico

• Hi everyone,

I would like to find a geojson file for the regions of france and for Paris as well. I tried to save raw data from this site :

into a txt file with the file extension.geojson but when I try to import it it doesn't show up in the Geolayers-GeoShapes window. I know you guys have already gone over this but would really appreciate any help i can get trouble shooting this.

Cheers!
  • Hi everyone,

I would like to find a geojson file for the regions of france and for Paris as well. I tried to save raw data from this site :

into a txt file with the file extension.geojson but when I try to import it it doesn't show up in the Geolayers-GeoShapes window. I know you guys have already gone over this but would really appreciate any help i can get trouble shooting this.

Cheers!
    Hello Gabrielle,

please import and export your data on this site:
    http://www.mapshaper.org.
    The site creates a correct geojson which can be imported in GEOLayer.

Cheers
    Nico
  • Is there a way to change the language with the google maps server? Default is German.

Thanks
  • Is there a way to change the language with the google maps server? Default is German.

Thanks
    Hey Nick,
    which language do you want to have on your maps?
    Cheers
    Nico
  • hey,
    i have built a map within the stamen map Editor, is it possible to save this and use it on a different computer?
    or do i have to rebuild the map for every computer ??
  • hey,
    i have built a map within the stamen map Editor, is it possible to save this and use it on a different computer?
    Hello Matthias,
    there is no export function in this version GEOlayers, but you can copy and paste the file YOUR_USERNAME_1_0userProfiles.txt to the other computer in the same place. 
    If you only want to work on your AE-Projekt on a other computer, you can do this without having your server preset on this computer. In the next version GEOlayers 2 there will be a export function for server profiles.
    Have fun.

• hey,
    Hello Matthias,
    there is no export function in this version GEOlayers, but you can copy and paste the file YOUR_USERNAME_1_0userProfiles.txt to the other computer in the same place. 
    If you only want to work on your AE-Projekt on a other computer, you can do this without having your server preset on this computer. In the next version GEOlayers 2 there will be a export function for server profiles.
    Have fun.

Sorry, I forgot the paths to the file!

On MAC you can find this file here:
    /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Aescripts/GEOlayers

On Windows you can find this file here:
    C:\Users\###Username###\AppData\Roaming\Aescripts\GEOlayers

Have fun!
  • Hello. I have GEOLayers for AfterEffects CC 2014 on MAC OS. I am not able to get a mapbox map. Could you please help me get this working? I get this error in the status bar: 

Error downloading Tile: 0

can't find this file: 'undefined'.

Thanks

• Hello. I have GEOLayers for AfterEffects CC 2014 on MAC OS. I am not able to get a mapbox map. Could you please help me get this working? I get this error in the status bar: 

Error downloading Tile: 0

can't find this file: 'undefined'.

Thanks

Hello Guy,
    GEaolayers only supports the map box classic Styles. The new map box styles when not supported with this version of Geo layers. we are working on the next version off GEOlayers which coming soon. This version will support all map box styles.
    Cheers Nico
  • Hi:)

I have an old AE CS5.
    is it possible to work with Geolayers in this version or its not compatible?

Thanks,
    Vicky
  • Hi:)

I have an old AE CS5.
    is it possible to work with Geolayers in this version or its not compatible?

Thanks,
    Vicky
    Hi Vicky,

GEOlayers works only with this versions of After Effects: CC 2015, CC 2014, CC, CS6.

Cheers
    Nico

• Is it possible to fly from east to west or west to east over the international date line? Hawaii to Japan for ex.. going west. 
  • Is it possible to fly from east to west or west to east over the international date line? Hawaii to Japan for ex.. going west. 
    Hi Timothy,

unfortunately not yet. But with the upcoming V2 it is possible. Stay tuned!

Best
    Markus
  • Hello Markus,
    I would like to know if it could be possible to change the map projection ?
    Thks !
  • Hello Markus,
    I would like to know if it could be possible to change the map projection ?
    Thks !
    Hello,
    no, it is not possible to change the projection of the map.
    In the next version it is possible to import geojson / kml / kmz files with other projections, but the map will stay in the same projection.
    Cheers Nico
  • ok thanks a lot for your quick answer !
    hope the new version will be out very soon !
  • Hi,

Love the look of this. I have a hopefully quick question; can this work with GeoTiffs?

For instance, can you extract height (if available) and texture data from a single or set of GeoTiff files that you already own and have as local media?

Or, could you texture heightmaps retrieved from GEOlayers with your own GeoTiff imagery without having to manually line the two up? Either would work for me. sorry if I have missed this from the info already provided.

Thanks!

M
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions