• Is there a version of AE that this works on?!? 

It says that it's compatible with 2023, but it doesn't work on 23 or 22. The last update was almost a year ago. How can they still be selling this non-working program?

I feel ripped off.

It works fine in AE2023.
    If you need assistance please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=974&direct=1

Is this a joke?  Just spent $300 on this plugin and the first preset I loaded crashed 23 and doesn't even show a preview on 22 before crashing.  Terrible and I'm getting a refund ASAP.  Why hasnt AE Scripts pulled this from the store?
    Because it isn't broken for everyone?

When I first tried this back in July it was a total mess, I don't know what they've done, whether it's an AE or Stardust update but since I went back to it in late August it's gotten much better. I've now bought the paid version and can only recall one crash in the past week.
  • Stardust guys, please don't give up! Best plugin ever!
  • All of a sudden Stardust requires registration (although it was registered before). But now it requires "verification number" that is nowhere to be found. What is going on here? I googled everywhere and there's nothing about this verification number.
  • All of a sudden Stardust requires registration (although it was registered before). But now it requires "verification number" that is nowhere to be found. What is going on here? I googled everywhere and there's nothing about this verification number.

please read the faq: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/stardust-faq/
  • Does this work with M1 and M2 macs without Rosetta?
  • Does this work with M1 and M2 macs without Rosetta?

Yes, just use the "Apple Silicon" installer.
  • cmon guys another version and Stardust doesn't work again... don't make us migrate we need to rely on this
  • Did Stardust go out of business?  Hasnt been an update in  2 years!!!
  • it doesn't seem to work on After Effects 24. Are you planning any update?
  • I'm having trouble downloading the 2d model library. Gives me a "unknown error" prompt. I am licensed. Any thoughts on how to mitigate it? 
  • So Stardust has stopped working now AE 2024 ? any update happening ? or has development stopped now ?
  • So Stardust has stopped working now AE 2024 ? any update happening ? or has development stopped now ?
    It looks like After Effects changed where plugins are supposed to go with 2024. Alot of mine I had to reinstall. Can confirm the installer is not putting it in the right place. Hopefully the Dev fixes ASAP.
    Did you fix this? I have the same problem
  • The company I work for bought the Stardust license, but for some reason we can’t activate the plugin.
    It keeps asking for a Verfication code and won’t lent me proceed without it, and we don’t have it anywhere.

• Stardust license, but for some reason we can’t activate the plugin.

https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/stardust-faq/
    I cant find anything on the FAQs that can help me. Its says to leave the verification box blank but if do so, the activate button keeps grey and wont let me activate the product...
    I cant find anything on the FAQs that can help me. Its says to leave the verification box blank but if do so, the activate button keeps grey and wont let me activate the product...

did you copy your information exactly as it is in your account? 

If you need assistance please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • I can't install Stardust on my Mac ... With new AE 2024 stop working ... Any updates?
  • I updated to AE 2024 and i couldn't reactivate the plugin, how to reset licence? 
  • I updated to AE 2024 and i couldn't reactivate the plugin, how to reset licence? 

did you copy your information exactly as it is in your account? 

If you need assistance please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
    Yes I did!
  • I can't install Stardust on my Mac ... With new AE 2024 stop working ... Any updates?
    Just copy the plugin from a previous AE version. See the faq for more details:

Just copy the plugin from a previous AE version. See the faq for more details:

Uff.. thanks! Works. Beautiful.
  • Hopefully there will be MFR support for this up coming version
  • Hopefully there will be MFR support for this up coming version
    We can hope but I seriously doubt after how long MFR has been out. They just want to get it working and Adobe caught a few devs off guard. Hence why so many plugins broke.
  • Before purchasing be warned that Stardust 1.6 does not work on Apple Silicon M1 : AE crashes when you try to apply the effects.
    This issue seems to be known but strangely it has not been fixed yet.
    Please also note that stardust is not compatible with the lastest AE version.
    This plugin was great a few years ago but it looks like abandoned : no usable version for apple silicon m1 / only really old tutorials on superluminal website.

• Before purchasing be warned that Stardust 1.6 does not work on Apple Silicon M1 : AE crashes when you try to apply the effects.
    This issue seems to be known but strangely it has not been fixed yet.
    Please also note that stardust is not compatible with the lastest AE version.
    This plugin was great a few years ago but it looks like abandoned : no usable version for apple silicon m1 / only really old tutorials on superluminal website.

It works on Apple Silicon, you just need to use the apple silicon version and make sure you are not in Rosetta mode.
    it also works in 2024 you just need to copy it from a previous version until the new installers are built. Please see the faq: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/stardust-faq/
  • Is there any way to increase the UI size in the node panel? Everything is so small I can barely read it.
    Did this ever get addressed? I'm having exactly the same issue. Need a magnifying glass just to see the node UI.
  • Is this product dead? I've been reaching out to technical support for weeks both here and on your website and forum and have received no response.
  • When can we get the new installer?
  • Добрый день у меня такая проблема в AE CC 2019 на Windows установлен плагин Stardust 1.6.0 но в браузере выбора эффектов отсутствуют кнопки выбора и отмены и прокрутка тоже не работает а так же окно нельзя отрегулировать как я могу исправить эту проблему может какие дополнения нужны библиотеки стоят все подскажите что можно сделать.
    2023-11-17.png
    1366 x 768 - 167K
  • hi there,
    I have 2 questions,
    - is it possible to use a video layer as emitter? I used that a lot in Trapcode (use video layer as particle, random still frame) and i am thinking to switch to stardust.
    - will it run on the latest m3 macs? I know, that i have to copy from a Ae 23 version, but is apple silicon natively supported?
    Thank you, cheers,
    Uwe

• just answered my questions, downloaded the trial, works great..

hi there,
    I have 2 questions,
    - is it possible to use a video layer as emitter? I used that a lot in Trapcode (use video layer as particle, random still frame) and i am thinking to switch to stardust.
    - will it run on the latest m3 macs? I know, that i have to copy from a Ae 23 version, but is apple silicon natively supported?
    Thank you, cheers,
    Uwe

• Hi, I have problem with registering Stardust. I filed all data in Activation window from "My Downloads & Licenses" 
    1. I haven't "Verification Number"
    2. "ok" button no activated? (first attached file).
    I Used yours "manager app" and after click "license" shows "Incomplete licensing data"? (second attached file)
    I instaled Stardust only on my one desktop machine: Win10, AE2018.
    Plese for help,
    Adam 

Hey Adam and to anyone else having the issue. I did a "repair installation" after dragging the .msi file from the .zip directory on to my desktop. I think auto-installing from the .zip directory in WinRAR (thus running the file from a temp directory) messed with  my permissions somehow. Hope this helps.
  • How long exactly do we have to wait for an updated installer to be released?

"If you don't have a previous version then you will need to wait for 2024 installer support." isn't good enough.
  • Saxon Rix said:
    How long exactly do we have to wait for an updated installer to be released?

"If you don't have a previous version then you will need to wait for 2024 installer support." isn't good enough.
    At this point I think it's safer to just move on from this plugin. 
  • Wow, $250 plug-in dead. Thanks. AE Scripts for your lack of accountablity. I won't be buying anything here.
  • Wow, $250 plug-in dead. Thanks. AE Scripts for your lack of accountablity. I won't be buying anything here.
    Yeah I had a few die or start charging $50 to update a super specific function addon. I am moving to a actual platform that respects its users. Adobe is just not it
  • I'm working with this on a older machine and AE 2019 and its AWESOME. Anyone know how to "grow" a obj with particles? As in they flow upwards from the base and outline the mesh in a cool way?
  • Hi , thanks for create this so handful plugin and its save me life from terrible particular . really appreciative ! 

And I just found a very important things is missing is that particle 's orient cant be affect by turbulence (and force and all other nodes without orient setting ) , which is very important to me .

Maybe because Im too short of knowledge of startdust , Is any solution for this problem or update plan ? 

Really thanks  
  • So after spending a bunch of money on Stardust recently, how come there's no discernible way to install it? Am I correct in saying support for this product is dwindling and the devs seem to be washing their hands of it, or is it still a fully supported plugin? Crazy that it was exempt from any Cyber Monday discounts forcing us to pay full price for a product that is currently unusable for the latest version of After Effects. Seems a little shady to be honest.
  • Where is the 2024 Installer?
    Even the last Version history notes don't mention the 2023 installer. It's ridiculous to have to install 2023, then install startdust, then copy items over into the 2024 install of AE, just to use this.
    You've taken my money. This is not a cheap plugin.Get us the support please!

This is unacceptable.
    Note: Stardust works in AE 2024 but 2024 installer support is coming. In the meantime, you can copy the plugin from a previous AE version installation. If you don't have a previous version then you will need to wait for 2024 installer support.
  • If you're scrolling these comments to determine if you should buy this plugin, I've got you. I have been animating for years - and never pulled the trigger on a particle playground until this year. I had a bunch of opportunities that moved this thing from "looks like fun" to "that'll actually save me a lot of work!". I thought this was better suited for what I would be doing with it, than the other options and it's been typically what other animators would recommend if you're talking about this kind of plugin. I will say that I enjoy what it can do, and it has some nice quality of life stuff vs trying to build out these kind of effects other ways - hypothetically saving you time.

However, It is absolutely not worth $250 and makes me sick to have such buyers remorse after less than 6 months of use. There's no support for this plugin, it causes a litany of issues with Ae that makes me have to constantly build with the anticipation that it's going to crash any second. I know how to maintain my computer/software, it's not me - go read other comments they'll validate me.

When you consider that this is supposed to save you time, yet ends up doing the opposite because of all of its issues, makes the plugin absolutely criminal. They say you can just copy/paste the folder from one iteration to the next because there's no installer, but it doesn't fix the problems that come with the plugin, and at least for me on my M1 Ultra, somehow makes it worse. Don't buy this freaking thing - go do particles in 3D or maybe go with the other guys in the Ae space. 
  • Where is the 2024 Installer?
    Even the last Version history notes don't mention the 2023 installer. It's ridiculous to have to install 2023, then install startdust, then copy items over into the 2024 install of AE, just to use this.
    You've taken my money. This is not a cheap plugin.Get us the support please!

This is unacceptable.
    Note: Stardust works in AE 2024 but 2024 installer support is coming. In the meantime, you can copy the plugin from a previous AE version installation. If you don't have a previous version then you will need to wait for 2024 installer support.
    Its actually Adobe that screwed us on this one. Adobe changed how CC handles addons. Anything that was using the Creative Cloud to install addons were broken the moment 2024 released I had several break. Now some did allow to move the addon but some were so broken it borked their DRM making them unusable.

As for everything else I totally agree. Broken , No Updates , Not even stability improvements. Then a update breaks it for 2 months. ( so far)

• I tried the trial version for a couple of years now, not matter if M1 or Intel Mac,, it crashes the moment I want to really add the plugin. I never ever had a chance to try it because of that, yet people love it! is it only me? I would buy if I knew it does more than crash AE constantly? Same with Newton. 
  • When will it be officially announced that this plugin is dead? There haven't been any updates for ages - even the installer for AE 2024 hasn't been released yet. This plugin should actually be removed from this page. I am so waiting for an update or at least a sign of life.
  • When will it be officially announced that this plugin is dead? There haven't been any updates for ages - even the installer for AE 2024 hasn't been released yet. This plugin should actually be removed from this page. I am so waiting for an update or at least a sign of life.
    Just upping this comment. Need Stardust for new versions of AE. Thanks.
  • +. Need Stardust for new versions of AE or money back. Thanks.
  • +. Need Stardust for new versions of AE or money back. Thanks.
    Dude that ain't happening. I don't know who from AESCRIPTS is involved with Stardust but someone is protecting the crap out of that plugin. It's a dead product and yet they're still taking people's money. 
  • I bought this plugin, now with after effects 2024 it doesnt work. they never add new features and they don't even make sure it supports the latest version of After Effects....New customers beware - you are buying a dead plugin!